one good 2000s book deserves another…

so i think i left off last week by saying i was 300 pages into bush’s “decision points” – i finished it this week – good book – frames why we went to war twice – and how those surges worked in both places – i thought he explained it very, very well – some of his harsher critics have contended all along that he was just bent on going to war, but i don’t think you can read his book and reach the same conclusion

i then read a couple of free nook books – “stupid history” – a quick read that basically was about how everything you were ever told in history was wrong – it had points, that some of what we think is true really didn’t happen that way – but most of the book seemed to go to the other extreme – that you can’t believe any historical event because people just made them up – the second book, “leadership prayers” was a freebie and written by a former prez of a california university – it was pretty good about how to trust in God to lead

wednesday, i made my way to columbiana to take POG grocery shopping at publix in calera – but when she balked, i went to the library and spotted “a journey: my political life” by tony blair – the brits’ prime minister from 1997-2007 – i really didn’t want to relive the bush years again so soon – particularly b/c the book was 1,200 pages long – but the book was just sitting on the shelf – brand new – it was paperback and no one had ever touched it (you can tell those things with a paperback – no creases) – so i felt sorry for the book  – i guess sorry for the state of reading in the county too:) and so i started that book – i’m now 700 pages-ish in, and it’s been a great read – british politics is different than its american counterpart – and i know that sounds obvious, but until you read a british book about it, it really doesn’t come home – blair makes great points that transfer to american politics – about standing up internationally for what’s right instead of selfish interest – anyway, i’ve been entertained – but i have a long, long way until i finish

reading back through the old testament – i started joshua saturday – it’s interesting to me how things like leviticus and deuteronomy can come to life when you least expect it – and remind you of God’s relationship with his people – b/c most people think of the OT as boring (and, fair warning, it isn’t very pleasant reading all the time)

oh, st. k, the reason i ended up with the blair book was b/c i was set to check out “fire” and they told me it was the sequel to “graceling” – and columbiana doesn’t have “graceling” – so i think i’m going to have to steal it from ms. blount  – sorry – i tried – glad you survived vbs – do i see you marching saturday at liberty day???

mafeld

2 thoughts on “one good 2000s book deserves another…”

1. I will be marching on Saturday. I’m happy. (Sort of, b/c Mrs. Seng sent out an email today saying she was transferring to Pizits Middle School, and now I’m sad) 🙁

But anyway, why in the world does the library have the sequel to a book, but not the first book? Makes no sense. You really could of read Fire first, it doesn’t matter. I mean, it might make more sense, but the books are connected in very strange ways that I’m sure you’d be able to comprehend (Because I could) 😉

Alright, this week I’m blogging on The Lying Game

Mon.- I can’t remember where I left off last week, so I’ll just go along with it. Let’s start where Sutton has her birthday party. So Sutton’s turning eighteen, or Emma, that is. Emma is “Sutton.” In a freakish way. Cause Sutton is dead. Anyway, it’s Sutton’s birthday party and she is freaked out because Laurel tried to suffocate her at midnight and claimed she came to tell her “Happy Birthday” first.
    Tues.- I really did think Laurel just came to tell her Happy Birthday, but Emma had a right to freak out, she does think her sister killed her. So she’s at her party and she tries to hide from Sutton’s boyfriend and ducks into Laurel’s room and sees the video that her old foster mom’s som showed her except it has audio and Laurel is strangling her and they think it killed her but really it was just a prank and she didn’t die then.
    Wed.- She jumps out of her sisters window to get away and into Ethan’s yard. Ethan tries to help her and he drives her out in the middle of the desert and tells her he knows she isn’t Sutton because she nicer and he confirms that Sutton wasn’t killed the night of the video because he showed up and saved her.
    Thurs.- Emma decides to go back so Sutton’s killer wont go after her. Sutton tells them she had to go do something and they give her a cupcake and sing happy birthday. The book kind of ends there, and you wait for the next one. Sort of like I’m waiting for about a bazillion other books to come out. Ugh.

Alright, I am done this week.
    -When the moon is blue, the clock strikes noon
    -St K

2. hey mr mayfeild i am reading and almost done with crash and i would like to finish it befor my mission trip. but other than that i will blog ten minutes on point of veiw from me. well penn webb is crashes neighbor for the past years now. penn tries out for cheerleading and all of the football players laugh at him [even crash]. i thought that was cruel.at a football game penns parents sit there and only smile and clap the whole game. i think that i would be one aggravated spectator at that game.he gets home and his grandpa was a cook for the army and he cooks dinner for the family and might even stay there for his life. i would be thinking yes my grandpa is so cool but thats it for now by