okay, media days are over so it’s time for football…

for those non-football people out there, in addition to weeping for you:) i’ll mention the books first…

“eifelheim” – 06 award winner – probably for adult sci-fi – two stories – one, 1300s in germany where the people are visited by aliens (outer space) and then the black plague – second story a modern one as a cliologist (studies ancient cultures) and a physicist uncover why the village of eifelheim disappeared – forever…

anyway, great book – very complex – or more complex than what i usually read – i consider it the “tough” book of the summer – but i enjoyed the story – the ethics as well that were involved in what had to be decided – and the message of sacrificial love was encouraging

“the last hero” by bryant – about henry aaron – baseball’s home run king – all-time (i don’t count bonds) – aaron grew up in mobile – he played for the braves – i’m about 1/2 through – learning more about a person that i knew little about – so i’m enjoying that

other readings – i read all the transcripts of the sec coaches this week (80 typed pages plus) – the funniest quote of the days for me was les miles – he said he’s instructed his players to “avoid the internet” – yeah, good luck with that…

(i should turn up at the bama-lsu game this year with a picture of the internet to use as tiger bait:)

of course, at this time, everyone, every team, thinks they will win – hope springs eternal – i guess the striking thing to me this year was that little of the questions were about the upcoming season – most were about recruiting, academics, conference matchups, 3-4 defense, nfl strike, miss state billboards in mississippi (they say “we own state” – as in they own the state of mississippi – makes me wonder how many pennies they had to pay for it…)

well, i’ll be in my room this week – st. k and landon b, due to your undying devotion to my blogs, i have media t-shirts to give you next time you drop by school – i also have pink “orange beach” hats if anyone wants one – besides nathan and a fuzzy pink squirrel named climaxx… 🙂

mafeld

8 thoughts on “okay, media days are over so it’s time for football…”

1. You didn’t win that trophy you might have wanted to move that sign.
    Oh well just got to the part where he gets lost in Japan and is hired as a clown so I’m getting close to the USA part.
    I will blog for ten minutes on authors purpose. The author said that mr fogg did not get on the ship and passpartout did so I think that the author wanted a more interesting part in the story so he included that. He also said that passpartout had no money and was in Japan trying to find a job and couldn’t find one so he followed a clown and asked the owner if he could be a servant to him but he ends up a clown so the author wouldnt just leave him there to die.

2. Okay. I’m so behind. Landon has been blogging? Huh? I haven’t seen them. I have 3 blogs due. I’ll do one and maybe let the rest roll over into the first nine weeks….

Hope you had fun at media week, while you were there, I was dying in the heat of Alabama durning marching band, which continues into this week…. *sigh*

The Hobbit
    Mon.- so this book starts out very slow and I’m not really sure about it, because when something does happen, it’s not very played up a lot. I’m very used to different kinds of POV. The book starts out with the hobbit sitting and smoking his pipe when Gandalf comes along…
    Tues.- Gandalf is an interesting character, because he is a little old wizard, or how he handles situations. So Gandalf invites himself to tea and brings all of these dwarves who invite themselves in and are very rude little things, which bugs me. I don’t care much for rude people– or dwarves.
    Wed.- So I’ll skip to the part where they’re in the forest and they send the hobbit to go investigate the red light, which turns out to be a fire, and all of these trolls are there. So they catch the hobbit, and the dwarves and debate on how to eat them for so long, with the help of Gandalf that they turn to stone.
    Thurs.- They continue on and meet the elves, and they stay there for awhile, then they get caught in a rainstorm and the go in this small cave and they try to sleep and then the back of the cave splits open and these goblins come out and grab them up…. TBC

Okay, done for this week. Ready for school? Sort of… My eighth grade year, cant believe it.
    And Mayfield, does newscrew start the first day?

3. Excuse me Mr. Mayfield… But I do believe that the pink fuzzy squirrel is out dated. Very. It have been almost four years! Let the squirrel go free into the wild! She doesn’t even go to public school anymore! She should be banished. Into the forest……
    Just checking in on your blog… seeing how it’s going 🙂 I miss eighth grade, ah… Easier days. 🙁 AP Chem is not being good to us Juniors. Ask any of us. I’m sure you’ll probably ignore this and push this note into the “Students I Really Couldn’t Care less About” file. That’s fine 🙂 Just know that I still care 😀

-Queen

4. Hola, Cheers from BTA class 😀
    We just thought we’d say hi to make your day a little bit brighter… your older students would like to publicly recognize our awesomness/ awesomeness bc Gabe and I can’t decide which way to spell it. She’s the one who spelled it WORNG. We only have five minutes left in class right now and Gabe types like a snail. So I’m power typing in hopes thatyou might read this at your next free moment. If there are any missing punctuation marks, it’s because Gabe’s BTA computer is mental. Gabe said yup to that one. So hey… we have to go now.. Off to the horror that is AP Chem.. O.o Wish us luck, I hope to hear from you soon 😀 BYEEEEEEEEE!

-Gabe/Kellehhh

5. BTA class… Do I know what BTA stands for??? Band Transformers Are (Us)??? Better Ticklers (Under)Arms??? Betcha Taylor Ain’t (Here)??? Blue Toed Amputees???

nice note – miss ya’ll

6. hey sorry i was trying to see where my blog went but i couldn’t find it!!! what i read was 15 minutes was Grimms’ Fairy Tales by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm. Well what i have to say is they must have found 2 trunks of fairy tales because there are sooooo many of them and this is just 1 book.Why i say that is because at the beginning it said they found the true stories of the fairy tales from a treasure map.But i could be wrong… but that scarcely happens!!! =P Oh and some of the stories are 9 pages long!!!!!!!!!! Also, one story i read was called Snow Drop.It is like a manipulated copy of Snow White. It is almost exactly like Snow White but it has a few different parts. The queen is still jealous and has a shiny ball and she tries to kill her like always. Plus a prince comes by and saves her and there are 7 little dwarfs. But there is a part where it is like Goldylocks and the three bears… they ask whose been sitting in my chair,whose been eating of my fork and all that stuff. So it kind of is a mix between those 2 books. Also it is a very fantastic story to read and i bet you will injoy it (not like you haven’t already read it).