the green dragon is done – and now i’m incredibly sad:(

oh, well, i finished a few books but none were as important as “inheritance” – the fourth and final book in the paolini series

i remember being ticked off three years back when i discovered that the series wasn’t over – that there was a fourth book to come (after 900 pages in the third) – but taking inheritance in hand on friday, i was basically consumed for the weekend to finish it out – and as i read, i thought about what my life was like when i read the first three books – and how time has changed – and so with the ending of the book, the series, and the passage of time, there’s sort of a sad feeling now within me as i finish and look to whatever’s next

(of course, i still found the final book like the first three – impossibly long, very wordy, and at times very unrealistic – it’s like the characters will be in battle and say things like “you know, these runes remind me of the ancient city of blah whose founder blah was in love with blah who sacrificed herself for…”

anyway, so “inheritance” took up the weekend – but well worth it – paolini writes at the end that he might take the series up again in the future – and i’ll likely be first in line again to read on…

i read two nook books this week…

“leadership” by orlando magic (not that the nba exists anymore) GM pat williams – good book – will likely use a couple of passages in the book with the classes – williams is a prolific writer – and apparently reader of business books (he said in the book he’s read hundreds of them) – good synthesis of the seven habits of leadership – the characteristics seemingly contradict at times (like being bold but serving with humility) but williams did a great job explaining and using clear examples – again, if the rest of the nba could take a page…

“tarnished rings” – story of the olympic implosion a few years back with the committee and some of its lack of monitoring (which led to cities buying the rights to host games) – thoroughly researched – well argued – amazing that it’s been 10 years and how much has been forgotten (how much FIFA, the soccer committee has yet to learn) – a good fit with the leadership reading this week

so i’m off to cry about the green dragon and the blue dragon, eragon, riding off into the sunset…

mafeld

23 thoughts on “the green dragon is done – and now i’m incredibly sad:(”

1. First blog This will be my last blog on The Shadow Project because I finished it

Monday-When we got there everyone looked better except Opal. She was less pretty and it shocked me. Nan said it revealed the real person inside you. I saw preists carrying the arch of the covinent but Nan said that it was just The Lord Of Flame and that it showed you something from your religion. Apparently things appear differently here and you can see the threads that make up everything if you look deep enough. She told me to look at a flower and it suddenly appeared as a spider-web covered shape(or at least that’s what it looked like) and Nan even made a mirror appear in the air! We walked for a while until we found a place to sleep. Nan said that when we wake up we will be next to a lake of fire. Sure enough, she was right. It was really hot but Michael and Nan weren’t even sweating. They said if you think the fire is cold, then it will be cold. Again, she was right and we decided that we should swim because he would expect them to fly. When they got to the island, they were attacked by men with swords. They fought them off and Nan said that if they don’t think they’re there, then they won’t be. Suddenly they disappeared and they entered the cave. That’s where the book ends so now I’m reading That’s all until tomorrow.

Trent

2. i am reading the series the royal diaries:Cleopatra and i am going to write about the story.

the story is pretty much her journal that she writes every day, from dusk til’ dawn. as being a princess, she is not able to be in control of all of the things that she wants to be but she can grant and of her little siblings requests.(if she feels like what they want is the right thing) Cleopatra is only 12 as she is writing this diary but she does have a bunch of responsibilities. a lot of the times, right after sunset, she and her favorite maid Neve will dress like commoners and go into town to hear about what is going on and how the towns people feel about tryphaena rules over Alexandria,Egypt Alexandria, ,Egypt.

3. Can’t wait for Thanksgiving! I am reading Things I Know About Love
    Monday-Authors Purpose
    I think the authors purpose is to show how much you can miss with a disease. A girl has missed 15 years of her life because of cancer. She and her friends have grown farther apart from each other. Everyone basically forgot about her. She has never dated anyone and it really makes you realize what you can miss. How important it is to take your life seriously.
    Tuesday-Point Of View-Livia’s Friend
    Wow, I can’t believe how I have treated Liv. As one of her friends I have forgot her. She is all alone in the hospital with no friends. How could I have done this to her? I must be the worst friend in the world. She has never dated anyone or ever had any contact with boys besides her brother Jeff. Well, I need to fix this. She is no different than us so she shouldn’t be treated any different. I am going to go make this right!
    Mimi ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Hey Dr. Mafild. I’m checking in ๐Ÿ™‚

Luke and I were working on a project about the History of McDonald’s… long story… anyway, I took that time to catch up on some well needed reading time.

as an added thought I feel your pain after reading your blog, but it’ll always make you feel better making 6th graders cry in return… just kidding… maybe… ๐Ÿ™‚

I finished the book you introduced to me years ago named “Flowers for Algernon” The ending made me cry. It’s plot was so odd… in the end I felt that the story had made a 360… But it made some good points that can’t be disregarded. Mainly what got to me was the fact that his mind even went back to the way it was before. Usually the narrator will remember and learn something from the occurrences in the story… however nothing honestly directly changed for Charlie… It was over all a very good, yet tragic story.

I also finished the first in a vampire series about a vampire named Vlad. It was pretty good after I got into it, but it was stereotypical and I don’t have much comment for it.

I have more to say, but my dad is about to turn off the internet…

Type at you soon ๐Ÿ™‚
    -Olive-A

5. I’m sick but I’ll blog anyways

Wednesday- After Elizabeth’s teacher let her in because of what she did for that homeless lady. Even though she was late, she didn’t get in trouble. They had to do a project on a ancient cultural tradition and Elizabeth chose to do her project on fairy tales from all cultures. She did hers in a few days even though she had a while. Her teacher told her that he needed to see her at lunch so she was scared. It turns out that she got an A and instead of getting in trouble he told her about a job offer in a museum. She had always liked museums and before her dad got remairied they would go to less popular museums. When she went to the museum she saw a boy from school at the front desk. She went up to the offices and thats when her interview began. That’s all until tomorrow.

Trent

6. WELL, LATELY I’VE BEEN READING ABOUT GREEK AND ROMAN MYTHOLOGY. WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT OLD THINGS WERE INTERESTING. CLEARLY I WAS MISTAKEN.
    WELL I LEARNED THAT ALL THE GODS COME FROM THE ORIGIN OF GREECE. IN THE SERIES OF RICK RIORDAN HE WRITES ABOUT THE GREEK AND ROMAN GODS IN MODERN DAY AMERICA THEY ARE KEEPING APART THE GREEK AND ROMAN DEMIGODS FROM FIGHTING BECAUSE DEMIGODS OF DIFFERENT ORIGINS HAVE A HISTORY OF FIGHTING IN THE BOOK BY RIORDAN THE SON OF NEPTUNE AT THE END AT CAMP JUPITER A FLYING GREEK WARSHIP CAME IN CARRYING DEMIGODS FROM CAMP HALF-BLOOD TO HELP IN THE PROPHECY OF SEVEN THEY THEN HAVE TO GO TO ROME AND EVENTUALLY TO GREECE TO STOP GAEA AND HER GIANTS FROM DESTROYING THE WORLD
    MAN I CAN’T WAIT TILL FALL 2012 BECAUSE THE THIRD BOOK IN THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS SERIES THE MARK OF ATHENA GO READFING YEAH

7. I MEANT MAN I CAN’T WAIT TILL FALL 2012 BECAUSE THE THIRD BOOK OF THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS SERIES THE MARK OF ATHENA IM SO EXCITED
    READING ROCKS!!!!!

8. alright, song of today shall be Stereo Hearts (downloading it now)

Creative: Josh’s robot, still in a homicidal rage after revolting against his master, was tearing through Times Square, firing indiscriminately at everyone. He activated an experimental weapon designed from the depths of Josh’s mind. the weapon shot a beam of protons through a wormhole in space and rebounded onto a specific target. The calibration was off, so the beam ripped though spacetime and opened a portal to an alternate universe, out of which launched another robot, this one bent on protection of innocent people. he landed about 100 feet away from Josh’s creation. the evil robot, light emitting diodes blinking madly, charged into battle against his polar opposite, who slammed a massive robotic forearm into a nearby power line, which toppled onto the evil robot. To be continued. . .

left off with dumbledore and harry retriving the horcrux from it’s water-surrounded hiding place in the cave. they apparate into Hogsmeade, where Madam Rosemerta runs out and greets them. She points out the Dark Mark above Hogwarts, and Dumbledore summons two brooms from Rosemerta’s house, and he and harry fly to the highest tower (you can almost see the lightning flash). they land, but draco busrts through the door and disarms Dumbledore, while harry freezes instantly under the invisibility cloak. Dumbledore sacrificed himself to save harry, but Draco isn’t able to kill Dumbledore. Snape walks through the door, and calmly blasts Dumbledore over the edge of the tower. Harry, no longer bound by spell but by hatred for snape, doesn’t move until snape and his death eaters leave. ill finish up tommorow!

9. sorry i wasnt there today my thote keeps closing up so im sorry if this one is short. [point of veiw]

“Welll hello there my young man are you the man with the cofee?” i said wondering on and on like it was ages that i was thinking. “yes sir our specialtys today are double mocha choca lacka ding dongs” the coffe man said.”Well give me the wopa longa ding dwonga cofee with extra cream” i replied.”Coming right up sir.” he replied back. I put a tip in the jar and the man started to sing ” thank you for the tip for you we’d do a flip” i was so mad at the time. My wife dumped me the day before i was so sad when she put me in a mentle hospital and they soon relized she lied about me being mentley messed up, i was just old so then they switched me to the old people home and i said ” WAIT i left my lights on at my house!”. they ignored me and i went on my way. i got so made i think i my underwear is no longer white probly brown.I scremmed ” my pants are brown WAIT i need my undys from my house” they still ignored me. When i got to the home they checked me in and i was in room 789. People said that room was haunted and i was the new guy so i need anitiation. For old folks they were really stricked and mean. They said i had to break out and break back in. If i’m leaving i ant no comin back so i agread. they took me to the door wide open and i RAN like some of them old folks would when they got bingo. I got to my house to find my lights were off. I got in bed at midnight by the time i got done watching “Looney Toons”. it was a good night that night. when i woke up everyone was in my house, I have a fealing that i got caught leaving.

10. Monday: Well, I decided it was time to step it up a notch for Battle of the Books. I read about a hundred pages of Moon Over Manifest, my favorite book so far, yesterday and have read about thirty today. One character that I can’t get a “read” (haha:) ) on is Mrs. Sadie. She is very mysterious and is a little bit scary too. I think that she is a woman who is nice unless you light her short fuse. However, if you do light her short fuse there is a curse that is set upon you that mysteriously happens. Also, she isnt very good at telling the future, but she can bring up a story about the past in vivid detail.

11. Tuesday… I have an alternate ending to a part in the story, but, lik any other alternate ending, it could completely break down the plot of the story. Anyway, what if Abielene was an inch taller and when she reached for the compass she was able to reach it. Then the pot wouldn’t have broke because she would not have tipped it over. Also, that would make it where she didn’t hear any of Mrs. Sadie’s stories and make it very difficult to put the pieces together.

12. Didn’t mean to do twice, but im overacheiving! (yeah right) It was an accident. Anywhobedoodoo, my Wednesday blog shall begin…..now! I think this book was written for adults who enjoy historical fiction and mystery, but could also be classified for gifted young adults. I think this because not because of the reading level it’s on, but because the setting and thinking level this book is set on. Most kids would put it down almost immediately because it is set in the early 1900’s; however, some gifted kids would keep reading because it is more than the setting, it’s the content and the content is very interesting.

13. Thursday: I think that Jinx’s character is also very interesting because of his background. The fact he did cons and he committed manslaughter, and still had the guts to come and start a new life with the risk of his past becoming his present, because something like stealing from the innocent and murder doesn’t bode well with people… ask Robin Hood. Anyway, his character inspires me to do things i wouldn’t do otherwise, because if he can start with a clean slate, and begin fresh… anyone can.

14. First off who is that dj32schs dude. he is creeping me out. anyways i am doing change today. cant wait till i look at my grades this end of 2nd nine weeks i want an improvement. plus if my grades are up now i get the video game “SKYRIM elder scrolls V.”

“Are you the coffee hero” i sad.
    “no” he replied.
    “well you need to be”
    “No i dont i have a life”
    “well living in a dupster is no life to be worked up about”
    “Yes it is’
    “NO ITS NOT its dirty there”
    “(:P)i like dirt and paper and… and… and… i am retarted leave me alone i have autism”
    “Oh sir im so..so..so..so..sorry. please forgive me”
    “NO U IDIOT LEAVE ME ALONE U IDIOTIC MEANY..MEA..ME..M……” He died, because of me i was giving him so much stress he died.
    I FEEL SO BAD..WHY..WHY..WHY!!!!!
    it was harsh to see him go. i was arrested after getting freaked out and became the city spazz. I hated this life in a mentle/big house. I said “SORRY I DIDNT…” after that my room mate smacked me upside the head with the sink. I almost died until the guy said “Your a…” i blacked out then but not dead. i was taken to the hospital were they said once i recover im free. the thing is i didnt recover untill the time my prison days were over. I escaped and went to bed at 2:00 a.m that night. But when i woke up i was still dazed out and saw nothing but people in my room.. soon to relize i was caught by the cops for escaping.

15. Alright last blog for the week i will be doing [Authors purpose]

Well the author wasnt trying to scare people why would i think that(he was trying to kell you) wait what. the author was informing you to not judge a book by its cover when you see someone dont think they dont have autism cause they could or could not because you could see someone and make fun of them then be told they have a disease or are cripled and cant move. The author also is trying to say be good or you might go to jail and end up with a room mait that tries to kill you (lke im trying to do :P) and then you get a disease and are made fun of so then you feel guilty.

Hope you liked it here is the definition for ๐Ÿ˜› means dumbstruck.

16. So I can’t believe it is Friday tomorrow!
    Wednesday-Creative
    One day there were happy times. Bullies bullying and nerds being nerdy. Well that all changed in the blink of an eye! The next thing I remember is everything was wrong! The whole school was lead by, the band weenies! Bullies were actually being controlled by nerds! I go on vacation for two weeks and come back to this! Wow, I have to stop taking my medication. But I don’d think it is the pills this time. Oh boy, I guess it is time to get it over with. So I am about to get down on my hands and knees and be rode by Heffrey the flute dude. What was that? The wall is shaking and its,,, to be continued!
    Thursday-Alternate Ending
    So I stopped where Livia (a 15 year old cancer patient) was on her way to her brother Jeff’s dorm in America. (she lives in England) She is going to do a blog to figure out life, somehow.
    On plane by myself, wow oh wow. Look the left wing is wobbling, WOBBLING! I am so going to die! I am going to die single and hungry. My mum shouldn’t have let me go to America, by myself! It will be alright, if I stay calm. This is a trip for fun, not death, so you know what? I am going to have fun for once!
    Later….
    Ok the plane lands in 15 minutes and the left wing if about to fly off. Oh have I mentioned it is storming! Oh no, why are the flight attendants strapping in their seats? Oh no,..,.,
    I left a cliff hanger, hehe I’m evil!
    Mimi:D

17. lets see. song of today is almost famous by eminem. left off with dumbledore dying. Harry gets untangled from his cloak and chases Snape down the corridor and enters the retreat of the death eaters. he sprints out of the doors and sees hagrid’s hut ablaze. he shoots curses at snape, who deflects them yet denys the death eaters from harming harry. harry tries sectumsempra, which alarms snape (he created it) they disappear, and harry walks to dumbledore’s side. the locket fell out of his pocket on the way down, and sees that it is a clumsily-made fake. inside, there is a note from R.A.B. informing voldemort that the horcrux shall be destroyed at his earliest convenince. harry automatically feels horrible at dumbledore’s worthless sacrifice. ginny leads him to the hospital wing, where bill is resting after an attack by fenir greyback. he is horribly scarred, so of course Phlegm/Fleur is saddened. Mrs Weasely believes that the wedding is off, which is corrected by Fleur. Tonks reveals that she luuuves Lupin, and they are urged together bu the rest of the group. Fawkes, Dumbledore’s pheonix, sings mournfully over the grounds, and then leaves forever. McGonagall summons harry to her new office, her headmaster’s office. she asks where harry went with dumbledore, which is information that harry refuses to give. she summons the other heads of houses and hagrid, who agree that the school should stay open. Scrimingeour is coming, so harry asks to be excused. he dashes to the dorm, where he reveals the note to hermoine and ron. see ya next next week!

18. Last blog of the week

Creative (continued of last week)-At that point I was freaking out so I just grabbed as much food as I could and ran into the bathroom. I always hide there because it has everything you need like water, a bathroom, and in my case a secret hiding place. When our house was being built one of the builders measured wrong so we have an extra room behind our bathroom. I discovered it one day when I needed some screws and the vent cover screws were the perfect size so I took them off. I needed ten and I only had eight so I used the ones off of the back panel too. That’s when I discovered the secret room. I’m the only one that knows about it I think. Sometimes when my brother is chasing me I hide in there and it’s so funny because by the time he gets the key I’m in the extra room and he has no idea where to look. Anyways the robot was coming in as I was just finishing putting the screws back on and for the first time in my life I felt that my life was threatened but I couldn’t call the cops because how does, “Help! I’m trapped in a secret room by a robot.” sound. That’s all for today and until next week, good-bye.

Trent

19. im reading a new book called the throne of fire

mon- its starts out with sadie and carter at a meuseum trying to get a scroll from the book of ra. they are with their tranies. they are on the roof and carter is trying to see if the meuseum is protected by magic bariers. finnaly they they decide to take a chance and just open the glass door.

tues- the meuseum wasnt protected so thankfully they didnt get turnded into ice or something. in the meuseum balroom there is a weading so they will have to be sneaky when climbing down the ropes.

weds- they get thier pet baboon , khofu to hold the ropes while they slide down. they got in unoticed and snuck into the egyptian habitat. they enter a bid room and it reminded them of bad memories in the past.

20. Monday

I have been reading the book, taken. its about a girl who is kidnapped by a group of hispanic paramedics. She flashes back many times to happy times. she even had classes back in her school about kidnapping because there were so many. she lived in the safest neighborhood in the usa and still got napped as she would call it.

Tuesday

Dear taken girl(your name is never mentioned),
    As always i put myself in your position and talk. If i were you i wouldnt care if i got shot leaving the ambulance. You knw that they probably wont do anything because if they do the deal will be off and they dont get money. also, how many people can an ambulance hold five or six. thereโ€™s not that many so i would atleast make a break for it. if they shoot you, they shoot you. theyre not going to make you suffer so it will either be a one shot one kill or they just dont shoot at all. boo yah. i may have just saved the day for you. but theres still a whole lot of reading to be done so i will soon find out if you follow my advice.

Wednesday

i think that the reasoning of this book was to tell the reader to always be prepared. dont go into anyones car if you dont know them. if an ambulance comes make sure that your mom, dad, or guardian goes with you. make sure to check the ambulanceโ€™s personel license. remember to alwyas be prepared and never ever go into an ambulance. tell the driver that you want to ride with your parent. also, if an ambulance comes to your house for no reason and says that they got a phone call that the girl is sick, this is for you parents, dont let em go.

Thursday

i think that this book compares pretty well to the movie taken. who knows if they made the book or movie about one or the other. they both have basically the same plot. plot is the things that happen in a story. i saw the movie and the girl is kidnapped at the beginning. its the same for the book. but the story in the movie is told from the dad and the book is told from the girl. in the book the girls dad is hardly ever home but in movie the dad takes action and saves the girl. the thing the story is about is being kidnapped and they both have that in common.

21. i am enjoying reading the royal diaries about cleopatra and i cant wait to read more. i am going to do our class theme-conflict.

Cleopatra’s oldest sister, Tryphaena is taking over the throne while their father “hides” from the commoners and the people who want to kill him for his bad mistakes.but back to cleopatra. Cleopatra and Tryphaena don’t have a friendly bond with one another and b/c cleopatra is only 12, tryphaena doesn’t care about what she thinks ad acts like she is better than anybody else.

22. i am going to continue the last blog.

one day there was a delivery that came to the palace. each servant carried a golden chest or a woven basket that held gems, necklaces, sugars, and spices. as tryphaena searched through the given chests and baskets, she would throw things out that were beautiful or needed. as an example she kicked a basket on the ground that had been full of gems and emeralds. as this occurred, cleopatra looked puzzeled at her other sister. who she likes a whole lot better than she does tryphaena.