i’m taking votes – wedding or parade june 30???

so there’s the CMS’ “Wedding of the Century” that day – and the grand parade through the streets of columbiana – the debut of the 2012 marching band, i guess – all on the same day – decisions, decisions – where are you people for advice when i need it???

“reagan diaries” – i think i mentioned i started this book last week – well, guess what??? it’s now done and returned to the county library – no pushing or shoving as you all collectively race to get it (secret message i wrote and left on page 530 for that special someone that follows to check the book out:)

anyway, the “diaries” were good – i would say that it empowered me to pick up my pen and write mine – but i stopped four years ago in protest of my life – it wasn’t worth writing about anymore – and i believe my protest is working so i’m sticking with it:)

okay, third try on a review – the book was good – good sense of what the president was thinking and dwelling during his reign – what consumed him – i imagine all diaries would reveal as much

“radical” reread book from my pastor at brook hills – and his sermon was matthew 28 today so it was pretty much sitting through the book again:)

“pym of nantucket” edgar allan poe wrote this book – his lone fictional novel/work – it’s an acquired taste – not your traditional poe with twisted darkness – a little more like what his peers were producing at the time – the good thing about the book is that you read it and see how jules verne could get his travel/sci-fi books 40 years down the road – one influenced the other – so while the first book (poe’s) isn’t that great and just sort of ends – odd plot development (either no climax or like two) – the fact that book influenced others made it bearable – and i don’t like poe generally so the book was actually an improvement for me – but poe lovers can be warned – stay away!!!

suppose that’s it – hope your liberty day week is wonderful

mafeld

5 thoughts on “i’m taking votes – wedding or parade june 30???”

1. So Quick update on my life (if you care) I’m in/on Sanibel Island, Florida. And we arrived right when Tropical Storm Debby was attacking. We got everything unloaded from the car and we got it up to the condo and then te storm came. The wind was horrible. I thought I was going to die. The power went out for 5 hours in our condo. And the hurricane shutters got ripped off the lanai. It was quite frightening. We for here Saturday and we STILL haven’t been able to go out on the beach because the waves are the size of my whole body and the wind knocks you down. So yeah, I’m having the best vacation ever.
    I read The Time Machine by H.G. Wells I enjoyed it a lot. It felt like something Jules Verne would write.
    I read The Wednesday Wars. Ehhh. It was okay. I liked that it took place during The Vietnam War. My granddad fought in The Vietnam War so I can relate. Moon Over Manifest was fantastic! And The Hobbit of course, was my favorite.
    Tim Lincecum is getting his groove back!
    And The Dark Knight Rises comes out July 20th which is fantastic because Batman is my favorite superhero ever. And Christopher Nolan directs all my favorite movies Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, The Prestige, etc.
    That’s all the news I have! Much love, Julie

2. Hello,guys and gals i wanted to get this one out of the way b4 i get twilight finished b/c im not finished with the book yet…Okay, lets get started! The Lightning Theif is about a boy named Purcyus forgive me if i spelt his name wrong. He is trying to stop a war of the gods. When he finds out his dad is Phciden he REALLY whants to stop the war then. But he needs some armor so he go’s to the camp director by the way he is in a camp for the demi gods to eep them from getting killed. When he finds the armory he asks the id working there for a shelid and a sword.Then the kid asks him “were you going?”he says “to hades to stop the war of the gods” then the kid tells him”well if you see my dad on the highway to hell kick his ass for me okay?” he says “will do”.Little did he know the kid who sold him thats stuff whas the one who stole the lightning bolt he wanted a war of the gods so that he might would have a chance to be a god. But ZUES thought that the devil stole it. But the kid put the bolt in the sheild so that is he droped it the devil would see it and get it pertty clever plan aye? WELL. Not so much. When he drops the sheild in a battle aginst the devil him self! Then the devil go’s in for the kill his minyon/prisoner grabs the bolt and kills the devil. Well he finally stops the battle of the gods and thats it.

who would’ve thought a prisoner would kill the devil oh well atleast percyus survived hell and got home safly!

EMAIL ME FOR COMENTS @ williambean314@gmail.com byebye

3. I’m reading the book, Atremis Fowl by,Eoin Colfer. It’s about A Criminal mastermind 12 year old. He gets pictures of every page of a fairies book. He translates the book by finding out it’s heiroglyph and a trick to the direction you read it in. He puts it in his computer and translates it in English. He reads one message. It says: The book of the People.Being instructions to our magic and life rules. Carry me always, Carry me well. I am thy teacher of herb and spell. I am the link to power arcane. Forget me and thy power shall wane. I think it’s pretty cool even though fairies aren’t real by my standards.

4. i am still reading the book Rules and David and his little brother are on their way back from the clinic and it starts to rain. David’s little brother holds his hands over his ears because the windshield makes a squeak sound. Avid’s little brother hears everything extra loud. Ryan Deschaine sadi that he would steal davids little brother’s umbrella. And David’s little brother believed him.
    Avid told him he was joking but it just made him more upset. Then David adds another rule to his list: “Sometimes people laugh when they like you But sometimes they laugh to hurt you.” David’s little brother waves to Ryan and says hi and David says to not wave at him and he is not your friend and then David get in trouble by his mom.