bama wins… i get a spongy brain… it was a GREAT day:)

so commercial breaks are still impossibly long – and i’m still too far up to see hannah, jp, ashley, and the rest of the million dollar band, oh, and it was impossibly hot (so much for the rain that day), but i did survive yesterday – and even finished “false prince” in the morning so i felt like i’d accomplished something…

“false prince” – book five of six in my quest to finish BOB – did not like “false” – took too long to get into – and then cameron RUINED the book for me by telling me there was a twist (and yet, she wanted to join my scholar’s bowl team… 🙂 i’m just glad we got the poor mute girl speaking – i mean, it’s an author’s nightmare when the love of the main character can’t talk… 🙂

“great call” – my labor day, in part, consisted of reading a book about paul finebaum – finebaum has a sports talk show – some say it’s the greatest ever (this would be the view of the author) – me? i’ve just never been able to follow sports talk for too long – particularly that show (i like to think i’m better than it:) although, paul is a very nice guy and actually came on my student radio show in college – yes, it was a sports talk show – yes, i get the irony

“escape from camp 14” – wow, what north korea does in the dark – even the daylight – while the rest of the world ignores what goes on – very amazing book – amazing story – insight into a dark spot on this planet – good book on how you respond to trauma – how do you live when you hate your past – the endurance we have and maybe don’t know – just a gripping read – should really be read by everyone – well, adults – and then we should decide to do something in the UN

moving to a soccer biography now – so glad to be done with most all the fiction of the BOB (just not a fan)

hope your dance week is great

mafeld

63 thoughts on “bama wins… i get a spongy brain… it was a GREAT day:)”

1. I am making up for two missed blogs. I am still reading Gone i have not gotten very far but the pages i did read are fulll of discription. After sam had gotten the little girl out of the fire he woke up to an oxeygen mask over his mouth and Astrid holding his hand. Sam removed the mask and looked around to at least a hundred smiling faces looking at him sam looked over to were the littlie girl was that he had saved or at least thought he had saved her she was on the ground stiff as a boared and a blanket over her. Sam was great full that some one did that. Sam got up and looked around seemed everyone had a soda and candybar in their hands. Sam thought to himself that the store must have been looted. Th appartment buildings were toast only a few had survived the fire. The bright side the hardware store was ok. When sam was ok kids started coming up to him asking what to do but sam did not know he was a kid himself.

2. i am reading blood of all gods. Its about gods who end up going to war with earth.The gods try to stop tyros the evil god.they say” edrtead edrtead.(means all for one and one for all)I love the way the gods end up giving their lives to save their brother.

3. i finally finished the running dream!!! the track team finally raises 20,000$ for jessie’s fake running leg. she tries it on but is a little bit wobbly. she decides to push rosa in a race in November. they actually finish! during training, Jessie gers asked out by her crush! 🙂 <3 The author's purpose is to tell you that no matter what, you can finish the race. 🙂

4. A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THE RUNNING DREAM
    if you viewed the story in Rosa’s eyes, it would be WAY different. Rosa has been disabled all of her life. :,( She wants people to see her for who she is not for her condition. Rosa is very appreciative to have a friend like Jessie. Jessie cares about Rosa and loves her personality. Rosa is even happier when Jessie pushes her in a race. She can finally cross the finish line. 😀

5. ok i am reading the book how they croaked. i have already read about king tut, julias ceaser, and cleopatra. it is kinda gross and violent. King tut died from malaria and a broken leg. Julias Ceaser was murdered. Cleaopatra was poisened along with her hairdresser and her lady-in-waiting. Gross!!!!!!!!! 🙁
    😮

6. creative writing
    Math=Frustration

Math is that one thing that messes up my day.
    Math is so hard in it’s own little way.
    Adding, Subtracting, oh just get me through.
    Multiplying dividing, what am I gonna do?!
    5,678 and 876 for a combination,
    oh how math fills me with frustration!
    wait… the answer is 6,554
    Maybe math isn’t such a bore!!!!!!

7. BOOK:Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince
    PROMPT:Author’s Purpose
    AUTHOR:J.K. Rowling
    SIDE NOTES:I added a new title to my setup, as you have probably seen unless you just skip all this information and go straight to the prompt.I thought this would be long. 🙂 Anyway, I’m in a bad mood because someone hit me in the face with a dodge-ball in P.E.Man, I just can’t let stuff go, can I?Oh, I added the “www.” in my web address to be sure that anyone who clicked my name got to my website, that old site needs an update, too.I got a blue stuffed dog at the fair and named it Aqua.That’s all the side notes I have. 😀

J.K Rowling wrote this piece/area/chuck of writing to tell the reader more about Tom Riddle, or “Lord Voldemort”, to explain the story of Voldemort, to reveal the answers to some of the questions Harry and the reader were left with at the end of the first 4 books, and to leave the reader with more questions. (I’m thinking, I’m thinking…) J.K. Rowling wrote this piece to show that Harry is not fearless, but not a coward, either.

8. hey mr. mayfield this week i will write a poem for my blog.

School
    school can be a bore
    ice cream is what i adore
    all that reading
    makes my head start screaming
    in math class all those words
    make me want to choke myself with cords
    even though school is bad
    all my grades make me glad

9. ok, for bonus points which i love ,love,love. i need to point out what i learned and not how young or mean he is, JK. i love you Mr. Mayfield your’e awsome. What i learned is that alot of books have something to do with change WOW! OK, Mr. Mayfield was right when he said quote”Braden is super smart

10. Ok, for bonus points which i love ,love,love. i need to point out what i learned and not how young or mean he is, JK. Mr. Mayfield your’e awesome! What i learned is that alot of books have something to do with change WOW! OK, Mr. Mayfield was right when he said quote”Braden is super smart but, Victoria is less than super smart” unquote . I also learned that you don’t put commas in just anywhere . OMG I WAS JUST LIKE WOW REALLY? JK. that’s what i learned in his class this week. MR.MAYFIELD you are so awesome i love having you as a teacher and can’t wait to see you Monday!