the day the sun puppet stood still – and then danced:)

story is in joshua 10 – i’d forgotten completely about God throwing hail at the other army – that’s a difficulty to overcome:)

“hollow city” – book two in ms. pengrine’s home for peculiar children – much better than the first book – i know series aren’t my usual recommendation – i don’t like to read them from others b/c there’s such a time investment – but i would recommend the series now – particularly b/c it’s a trendy series and will likely lead to movies – anyway, good reading – look forward to book 3

“born standing up” – this was a good week for reading b/c i had two books i really enjoyed – this one was by a former comic – steve martin – very insightful – good book about how a creative mind adjusts to the world – i passed it along to my mother – who read it in a day – i guess she’s the top reading in the family after all:)

“season of saturdays” – book on why college football is important/worth watching/significant – by a Penn State guy – who’s definitely not an alabama guy – at all – period – that said, i enjoyed that some of the classic stories from alabama are actually a part of other traditions – like things that have been ascribed to bear – to the program – have also been told at other schools – which just makes their origins that much murkier

remember: no journals this week – just an incredibly tough final that destroyed a forest of trees when i ran the copier friday

38 thoughts on “the day the sun puppet stood still – and then danced:)”

1. Impressive Fred.
    I was on the road, so I have an excuse.
    I aslo have a life size cardboard cutout of an elf. I also finished mockingjay on the way home. Princess Sarah Nicole, just wait.
    The elf is now my role model. Maybe I can learn something about being an elf from the five foot peice of cardboard.
    I call third.
    Detective Out.

2. Oh yea detective…
    I am on the second book now!!!
    I finished the “hunger games”!!!!!!!!

3. I am on the 51st page! I started it in Friday!!!
    I think…

4. This week i think maf should ask 6th grade for journals to see their reactions on Friday
    🙂

5. Wait, am I the only one who heard that Sarah finally finished the Hunger Games? Good job Sarah! Tune in next decade when Sarah finishes Catching Fire 🙂

6. That sounds like a great idea. See how many of us get upset, or how many of us just smile and hand in journals. Friday shall be a wonderful day!

7. Oh fifth graders….come so we can poison your mind with Mayfieldian, and Corbotian glory and wonder…
    Forget joining band, join Dr. Maf’s class…
    Come so I can take on an apprentice and teach them the wonders of being a detective…

8. mad guy – pay attention!!! 🙂

(or ask nicole – she confirmed the girl wanted to be known as mad guy – i dunno…)

9. Right- mad guy.
    I’ve been away for too long, apparently.
    Can I train someone next year?

10. i think i’m open to a newbie for you to train

have you been told that sarah b can’t recall any of the WES kids??? it was a funny moment from a rather dark and stormy 10th period:)

11. Oh, the princess doesn’t remember things well.
    Maybe we can have ‘adopt a 6th grader day’ next year. Binder Girl needs a sidekick.

12. This is Max blogging do not expect greatness
    -Last!

tragedy bear :D:)

There it is max’s first blog
    -Jason

13. I was just looking through last May’s blogs and found Craig’s death. Hooray!

14. Everyone follow my Instagram, @annacardenn
    I made a bet based on followers and I’m not planning to lose it. I’m at like 58 and I need 60 by tomorrow, so I’m doing good…
    Yeah other than that this is pointless so bye