the sky is now blue instead of black at 5 am in the morning…

oh, those long summer days…

“every day i fight” – espn anchor stuart scott – this one is at the county public library – so great for my sportscenter guys – but very sad – b/c it was a goodbye book to his daughters – scott passed away of cancer early this year – the book talked about the hardest thing to do in life – keep hope when hope isn’t there – really good – and prayers for his daughters who will grow up w/o a wonderful father

“the art of character” – great book – the basic premise that we’ve lost humility in today’s world – we don’t admit to sin, personal sin – we inflate ourselves to be the center of the universe – now, those ideas aren’t new, they’re a large part of the conservative view, but the author made the ideas new in his argument – so it wasn’t just left/right political deal – and i’ve taken more to considering my faults daily – which i think is good and healthy

“saban” – great book coming out in august about everyone’s favorite football coach:)

“losers take all” – YA – i know, i finally got around to reading another one of those – of course, it was a disappointment – they all are:) in the book, a school forces all seniors to play a sport – one group decides on purpose to be bad – really bad – so it’s their story

i need Coach Tone to write an inspirational book in the middle of Binder Girl II…

40 thoughts on “the sky is now blue instead of black at 5 am in the morning…”

1. Yeah!!!! 3 hour plane delay. Luckily Cape Cod League has double headers to listen to 🙂

2. Read the article linked. These kids need to get with the program, I’ve been with Vandy since 2012. Just under 2 hours left.

3. Thus, Victoria has taken what seems to be my only reason for speaking on the blog. I actually do get on every day, but just to stalk everyone.

4. It’s 1:45 and I’m finally home from ATL. My unfolded bed has never looked so good…

5. billy – those poor kids live in nebraska – they grew up Big Red, Big 12 – that’s all they know – one of the cool things about being up there, as I have twice, is that the crowd really cheers for just a good game – other than for a while, they all hated miami (can’t blame them) – so i’d cut those kids some slack for coming on the bandwagon late – which, they obviously are to want the No. 1 pick’s autograph – two weeks ago, he was sitting in the stands at Hoover waiting for his game…

6. from binder girl ii

“What was that?” Hannah said before…

CRASH!!!

The Detective fell through the branches of the tree to the ground, directly in front of the two binders.

“Sorry, to interrupt, but have you two seen a binder-eating bear that goes by the name of Tragedy Bear that may or may not have decided to turn evil again after standing up to my father, who was evil at the time but is now good, which is when he became my father and now serves as my dutiful secretary while I chase down a bear for a client.”

“We saw a girl with really, really big eyes a minute ago,” Hannah said, in an effort to be helpful.

“She had a blue hood on,” Harrison said.

“It figures that the girl noticed the eyes,” Detective noted to herself before addressing the two love binders, “Okay, well, you two binders don’t do anything Binder Girl wouldn’t do – ha, ha, ha…”

There was awkward silence. The Detective began to make her way back to the bonfire. She heard a few annoying CLICKs and a few CLACKs before one loud CRUNCH!!! sent her back to Harrison and Hannah – now both very bloodless – and dead.

7. Saw Mayfield running, but couldn’t say hey because I was the back seat. Can’t explain how happy I am that Vandy is in the driver’s seat. I really do not want to play LSU in a 1 game elimination (or TCU for that matter)

8. get florida a win tonight and i’ll be happier – not excited with uva

i’d like to see lsu-vandy on friday – and vandy put 20 on them…

i thought i saw billy today – but i figured it was a mirage – like hearing master victoria say “hey” – i need a vacation home in the pacific northwest or maine…

9. story update – kate is now being mentored by mayfield (much to his lack of interest) to win the princess pageant – her brother is heavily favored to win though

10. My spirit will always say “hey” to you…no matter where I am, Mr. Mafield…just remember that…

11. Im at Vandy Camp then (hooray)! Not sure what I’m happier about missing, parade practice or the fireworks. Not sure who I want to win the purple game later tonight… Probably LSU, for SEC purposes.

12. i agree with the purple game – honestly, i find it hard to “cheer” for lsu – sec purposes included

oh well, vandy-uf will be fine…

13. Mr. Mayfield, I have no one here to play Step by Step for me in the mornings.

14. revenge would be uva-vandy – that was the final last year, right???

master vict – by “here” – do you mean the newsroom??? b/c i went by this week to move computers – and you don’t need to spend all summer in the newsroom – i thought i told you that when i was there – it’s considered “healthy” to get outside in the blazing heat and do something “fun” – outside of just staying in the newsroom

by the way, i think our carpet in there is gone – it was sacrificed to the cleaning gods – who apparently run the school

in all seriousness, i had a mild heart attack hearing that they’d gone into the newsroom to wax the floors – and pulled “everything” out – b/c i have absolutely no idea where everything plugs into when they do that – mental note, take a picture next year so that when lil bri comes to wreck the show in her 8th grade year, there’s a show to wreck…

15. *nods* I just couldn’t bring myself to part from the news room, Mr. Maf…

16. and uva came from way back if i remember right – like baseball am didn’t think they’d make the field in early may

waiting on monday night…

17. Reporting to you live from Ingram Commons, on the campus of Vanderbilt University…

Game Theory is AWESOME!!! (My teacher said Rock, Paper, Scissors is thursday or friday)

Pitch Perfect Accapella is (also) AWESOME!!!

Taking a cold shower at 6 am is NOT AWESOME!!! (Too many levers and stuff)

18. i never could work showers at those places – hotels, i’ve gotten better at – but universities, never so good

game theory is awesome – i’m glad you like it

and yeah vandy – one more game