“strike it up like a match…”

wow, first week is coming – i wish i spent monday with kids instead of in meetings

snazzle-iciously great things planned for Day 1 – bring your tech device – and spread the word

“Flash: Season Zero” – i can count comics, right? it was good – i would watch the series on cw but i don’t get it on my tv – and i’m busy rewatching full house right now – so the comic was fun – and unlike the buffy comics, i could keep up

“Red Queen” – billy now has two BOBs he can like – actually, you all have my permission to read Red Queen – it’s not must read – but if you like the hunger games stuff, this is a step up readingwise – and in the similar vein – so i liked the book – it went unexpected directions after about the first 80 pages

“Washington Irving” – i have tons of sleepy hollow and rip van winkle trivia now – one cool thing i can share with the bloggers, irving spent the second half of his life as a diplomat for the US – he lived in spain for four years during the john tyler/james polk admins and kept tabs on isabella II

book quiz on day one – so be ready:)

mafeld

28 thoughts on ““strike it up like a match…””

1. a new kind of terror will be spread upon the 6th graders and this time i have an accomplice. PandasDanceforGracie will be my tacopirian minion but she sadly lacks the scariness to terrify the rest of the 6th graders but she will still be of good use. This could be interesting

2. Hello fellow Gifted…people. This is WaspMan2’s sister, Gracie. I’m so excited for the new gifted program! I will not terrorize anyone!!!! Well, maybe a few but only when they give me a ……..PAPER CUT! Well see ya tomorrow. Maybe

3. P.S. I’m a sixth grader and don’t have feelings for the other one that got scared by Detective and I’m on “team” tacopire?

4. 2 things:

Rachael Reeves (spoiler alert for the 6th graders that’s detective) i will not let down the blog war any longer.

Also whoever took on the alias ‘LIGHT——-DEATHNOTE’ would you please reveal yourself

5. gracie panda – mega bonus for blogging today – and here’s to you destroying the evil your brother inflicts – we’re all in your corner after surviving last year with him… 🙂

waspman2 – sequels are always worse than the originals – the original was bad so….

(i’m glad you liked shakespeare’s secret – it wasn’t like a challenge but i thought it was a clever book – and it’ll help with midsummer night’s dream – which is a funny, funny play)

remember, tech devices tomorrow!!!

6. a new school year brings smaller sixth graders.

more people to spy on! i mean, – ahem – more people to introduce into the wonderful world of gifted. 🙂

so, even though technically school started today for the Shelby county school system, i will be homeschooled again this year… so no SCHS for me.

i will continue to blog and update on books and continue to write overanalytical poetry.

hope your 2015 – 2016 year goes well Mr. Maf!

Loud Mouthed Stalker

7. wow, what a delightful post from le blue

you missed a beautiful yelling session with my first sixth grade – my voice isn’t the same now – but i did a great “mad” impression of if they don’t tell me something b/c they think i’ll be mad

has homeschool started yet??? best wishes – and blog away – i love it – and it reminds me to keep your schooling – and your life – in prayer

mafeld

8. Well no complaints about first day and since i know every one was completely overworked and stressed out by just sitting and listening to rules all day *he says in best sarcastic voice* i’ll take it easy on the blog today.

WaspMan2 Out

9. Well, I have every right to say thet I had a great first day at middle school. Even though Mr. Mayfeild decided to throw his tantrums at Emmy, G.R.C. had to be my favorite class. INDONIMOUS REX YOU HAVE GAINED A GOOD KAHOOTS FIGHT!! You all in the older grades “happy” first day back? Well, God night! maybe

10. Hi Mr Mayfield
    I for one had a great first day at school, you did really great at not talking for the whole class (I almost fell asleep in Mrs Bagbys when she did that) and I loved the pop quiz on the Hobbit, it was really fun, we should try that again soon, most everyone was talking about it after class. Also I would like to thank you for the frisbee, so thank you.

11. wow, i’m impressed by all the feedback

i’m glad i got kahoot to work – the projector issue was a pain until then – the backup plan wasn’t nearly as fun

waspman, you sister is amazingly resilient to have lived under your empire and turn out so wonderful

my favorite thing was explaining to people why i was hoarse at the end of the day – from yelling at my sixth grade:)

finished my last high school BOB last night – all the bright places – unbelievably sad book – i don’t understand why it was selected

12. Wow!!! The yelling session on the first day made a big impression on me. I look forward to the great adventure we will have in the class