miracle of miracles – there’s a decent middle school BOB

happy last week of august…

“the brothers” – started last week by finishing a book about the brothers who carried out the marathon bombings in 2013 – i obviously have a vested interest in the material – the part about the brothers’ background was very interesting – and the ties the FBI has to planting fake attacks – it was a good book – though i’m not sure i believe all of the author’s strong POV

“prisoner of night and fog” – middle school BOB – any book with Uncle Adolf is odd – particularly when Uncle Adolf tries to make a move on you – yeah, awkward – i liked that the author did research – it really was a bit much though – i felt like the main character was more a 2015 girl in what the author thought was Nazi Germany than anything truly historic – of course, there’s a sequel (I will NOT be reading… 🙂

“thank you for arguing” – awesome book on rhetoric – OMHS uses it for AP English – i can see why – we’re going to use some of the activities in our class – i’m excited

“i kill the mockingbird” – great middle school BOB – easy to read – and fun – unpredictable – baseball tie-ins – AND – a BUFFY REFERENCE!!! so the book has it all:) actually, it’s not thrilling or anything, but there’s even a kiss for princess sarah elizabeth – so i definitely think this is the BOB everyone can enjoy

hope everyone’s reading goes swimmingly

mafeld

15 thoughts on “miracle of miracles – there’s a decent middle school BOB”

1. it gets worse billy – the non-fiction is about the romanov’s and russia – and pretty good – so not one but two good BOBs…

2. Why do all the memorial plaques you showed us have the same saying on them? Why didn’t they write something personal on each one?

3. it’s a good question – what’s sad – sadder – is that we don’t have one for the students that have passed while they were students at the school – i know of at least three that passed unexpectantly – and are now forgotten

4. I mean, I know it’s a school board thing, but they could have asked for teachers and students to send in a paragraph or two of what that teacher, or student, meant to them..

5. I’m reading “the westing game” and they are reading a will. So I got to thinking what I would give away in mine. I, Carter McKee, being of sound mind, will give my copy of the westing game back to mr. Mayfield. I also give away my phone to my grandma since she’s learning to text at the age of 70. I will give my books a million gift card to my mom because she will give good use to it and then throw it away. I will give my headphones to my dad so he can silently listen to Walk Off The Earth. And last, I will give my big bro my shoes.

6. If my class were “the westing game” and we all had assigned roles, Paisley will be the cop. I think Gracie will be the hairstylist because she always tries to braid my hair. Alex will be the clown, you can see it in her face. Sam will be a museum tour guide, the best at the job. Emma will be a military sniper since she’s a good shot. Patrick will be a prisoner because he’s a “meanie” 🙁 . Livy will be the first female president. And last but not least, Kali will be a kindergarten teacher because she is so playful and probably won’t get a headache.