writing prompt of the week

write something involving Halloween candy – what do favorite candies say about yourself – the candy that “saved the day” once upon a time – a secret message in candy wrappers – made up original ingredients for some candies – those are just suggestions…

15 thoughts on “writing prompt of the week”

1. As I opened the chocolate wwraper, I thought about an episode of Sherlock wwhere the chocolate causes you to get more hungry, thus you eating more of it, thus you getting poisoned. I brush off the thought, pop the lindore truffle in my mouth, and savvor the taste. As I eat, I study the wwraper, reading the ingredients. It’s not vvery heathy, but it tastes good so I’ll eat it. I finish looking at the nutrition facts and glance at the shiny foil-like stuff on the inside. Some black wwriting catches my eyes, and it seemed as though there is a message printed On the inside of the wwraper! I read the wwords carfully, picking out every indivvidual letter. The message says: ” there is a game as old as time it’s self, that is redescovvered evvery century and played by young children. The name of this game is SBURB. The receivver of this message must gather other friends and play this game. Be careful, the fate of the universes rest in your hands.~THE GHB” the GHB seems to be the initials of someone, maybe the creator of the game. I swwalloww dowwn a gulp of milk and ask my mom if I can invvite my two friends over. She accepts, as Long as we don’t make a mess. I call my friends becquerel and calliope, invvite them to come, then I ponder ovver the message as I wwait for them to arrivve.

To be continued when I feel like it

2. And now it’s time for…
    Gifted, in space!!!

by Mayfield

“Captain Patrick, Captain Patrick!!!”

“Yes, Special Helper Evan?”

“I drew you a pretty picture!!!”

“Special Helper Evan, I told you to find a sheet to throw over yourself so that you wouldn’t scare the trick-or-treaters we had – not to draw a picture – even if it’s pretty – which it’s not – it’s pathetic – just another thing you can’t do that disappoints me.”

Special Helper Evan went away with his trademark sad puppy dog face.

“I do hope we have cute boys that visit our spaceship tonight,” Delaina said.

“I highly doubt it,” Captain Patrick said, “There’s an inverse ratio of rugged, manly looks to trick-or-treating. I believe scientists first discovered on Mars that their candy bars make…”

Delaina sighed as Captain Patrick continued. It was never about the cute boys…

“Sir.”

“It’s Captain Patrick to you Admiral Jade.”

“Sorry sir.”

“I said, it’s Captain Patrick.”

“Sorry, sir.”

“I said… Oh, go ahead.”

“Sir, we’re getting reports about some missing ice cream.”

“Not the good kind?”

“Yes, sorry sir.”

“It’s Captain Patrick.”

“Sorry sir, but it looks like the space ice cream is crumbling away before our very eyes.”

Captain Patrick appreciated Admiral Jade’s well-timed metaphor for space ice cream doesn’t melt so much as dissolve into fizzle dust. He also appreciated that he was so smart, smart enough to crack the case.

“Special Helper Evan, set the tracker beam to Trucker Level.”

“Snickers level?” Special Helper Evan was still on the last command of Captain Patrick’s: to setup trick-or-treaters.

“No, Trucker.”

Evan set the beam to Trunker – for Trunk or Treat. Five minutes later, they were at the Milky Way, the home of another famous chocolate bar.

“Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger while I investiage!!!” Captain Patrick said as he left Special Helper Evan and Admiral Jade to make small talk.

“So, um, the butterfinger thing was odd,” Special Helper Evan said to Jade.

“Yes, sir. It sure was.”

“I’m not a sir, I’m a special helper.”

“Yes sir.”

“No, not sir. Helper. Special. Me.”

“Yes sir.”

Evan went away crying. Once again he had failed to help.

“I don’t know why the beam sent us here,” Patrick said as he re-entered the battleship.

“Sir, we’re getting reports of small trick-or-treaters dodging a semi in a galaxy far, far away.”

“Let’s hope those kids haven’t been told about talking to strangers!!!” Captain Patrick said. “This madness must end before Trucker Kinzie finds the M&M stash!”

Captain Patrick knew that most people couldn’t take large amounts of freeze dried ice cream because of the headaches. Trucker Kinzie didn’t get to where she got, which was apparently currently in a galaxy far, far away, without being as cold as ice.

“Special Helper Evan, go get the cheap trick.”

Evan went to get the fake freeze dried ice cream – which was in actuality a fake foam pad.

“It’s time to stop that trucker in her tracks,” Captain Patrick said.

“Good idea sir,” Admiral Jade said.

Captain Patrick sighed…

3. As I sat in wonder of how a piece of candy could save my magic. Let me catch you up. I am a witch and my sister one too. My magic was taken by the Government because they thought I was ” Dangerous” and I am not. But there is this piece of candy that will restore my powers if I find it. The piece of candy is hidden in a dungeon where it is said that all nightmares come true in there. The candy has a power that restore what you have lost like limbs, magic, and restores your health. As I went to the Libra ( library ). I found my friend Cayden, he knows all about the map to the dungeon. “Hey Jeff, do you have that map I asked about,” I asked. He said ” I have them right here hold on.”. He grabs the map out of his bag and hands it to me. ” Well i’m off to the dungeon,” I say. “Wait,” orders Jeff ” You don’t think i’m not going with you?” He grabs his back pack and heads towards the door ” You coming or not,” asks Jeff. As much as I like Jeff and he is my best friend I don’t think he should come to the dungeon. The dungeon is dangerous and I don’t want anyone getting hurt because of me. As we trek in the woods towards the dungeon ( which is a month journey) I think of how we are going to get food. ” Maybe we should camp here in the overhang of this cliff for protection” says Jeff after about ten miles. ” It’s getting dark so I agree and start setting up camp Jeff. I grab my bag to get the protein bars that will feed us for the month trip, and I discover there is a hole in the pocket of where they were! ” We don’t have any food now!” I say is exasperation. ” Well what are we going to do now,” I ask. ” I brought your bow and arrow so we should be okay right,” says Jeff. I am so excited that one of us thought ahead. I grab my bow and arrow set and head off in the woods. I manage to get two rabbits and three squirrel. I get a fire going and clean my catch. I set the squirrel on a rock and put salt on it and dry it out for jerky on the trip. Jeff and I sit under the overhang getting warm by the fire and fall asleep. This routine happens every night for the next month. As we near the dungeon I give Jeff a knife I had carved the night before out of rock. As we head in there is this silence that is so erie that you want to run. We keep heading deeper in the dungeon. Then there is this scuttling every where and we freeze. The scuttling is spiders! Huge spiders! I am deathly terrified of spider so of course I freak out and run. The spiders start running all over me and I immediately drop and roll trying to get them off of me. I hear Jeff behind me scream and do the same. They all of the sudden disappear and there is silence. I find Jeff and make sure he is okay. Then there is this light at the4 end of the tunnel and we both go toward it. In the middle of the room that the light is coming from there is the piece od candy! I hurry to it making sure there is no booby-traps and I take the piece of candy and eat it. I feel this kind of energy flowing through me like electricity. I know that I have my magic back. Then the whole dungeon starts shaking and falling apart and I grab Jeff and use my magic to get us out of here. When we get back home using my magic the easy way we both promise not to do that again and be sure not to let that happen again. I felt better after getting my powers back and it was because of that piece of Halloween candy

4. “Okay minions it’s time to go trick-or-treating” I said,
    “Okay” everyone said,
    Since we did not need costumes because Tyler,Patrick,Livy,Emma,and Sam were already looking like minions we went to main street to start trick-or-treating. At the first place everybody got three pieces of candy, after a few more places Emma said she heard music. Turns out it was Patrick on that darn new DS of his, so I asked
    “Why do you have your DS with you”
    “Because I restarted the game”
    I had expected a weird explanation like that.
    ” Deujavu”…..I threw his DS on the ground and Patrick became very upset. Patrick received no more candy after that.
    After the 900th house it was getting late so we went home.
    1 hour later
    We had already divided the candy, except for Patrick, we had 25 pieces for each minions except Patrick.
    The first thing I saw on one of the wrappers, sparkling in the moonlight, a chance to win a free DS.
    After that the table was covered with candy wrappers and the last one to be open, was of course, good old Patrick who had the last piece if candy. A fun size 3 musketeers.
    Patrick opened it very slowly and you won’t believe what it said in all caps YOU WON A DS.
    Now I have to deal with Patrick’s DS all over again.

5. “I Got a Rock”

My mom was in the store getting candy as I was getting rocks for the people with bad costumes. My mom didn’t think I should do that but she didn’t get the joke from Charley Brown. I had made a list of the good candy for my mom: Emma Dum Dums, Alex warheads, Patrick’s smarties, Delaina Love Potion Gummies, Emmie’s Selfie chocolate bars, and best of all Red Hot Carters. All the makers for the Red Hot Carters were girls so that explains the name. When my mom came out of the store with the candy, I had a full backpack of rocks.

I was about to go to trick or treating when the doorbell rang. It was my friends Emmie, dressed as an I Phone, and Delaina, dressed as Cupid. As Emmie and Delaina walked away Delaina was freaking out because she got a Red Hot Carter. But Emmie said “I got a rock.”

“I told you all the girls would like the Carters” I said to my mom.

Carter was actually right, wow, My mom thought, but she wasn’t surprised, she knew I got all the girls.

6. My mom droped me off at the party at 6:00pm sharp. I was already tasting THE candy. Every year Mamma Mayfield makes magical candy that makes everyone who eats it sooo happy. Mr. Mayfield ( Mamma Mayfields son) always eats the most. Before I could even knock Mamma Mayfield opend the door.
    ” Ohh, good your here!”
    She pulled me in before i could do anything. The livingroom was piled high with special candy. Every kid in Mr. Mayfields class was chewing through avelanches of THE candy.
    ” Go ahead, you can have some.”
    I took a running start. I dived into a pile and ate till I felt too sick to move. This happens every year. I end up hunched over on the couch with Mr. Mayfield. Then it kicks in. I feel the bubbly happiness spread through my vains. A smile spread across everyone in the room. Then the laughing comes you laugh at nothing but cant help it. Mamma Mayfield turns on music and everyone starts dancing. Wile im working it on the dance floor Mr Mayfield is daydreaming of Kaili and Babbleduck. In the morning I still have a buzz from the candy. My mom picked me up and we went home. My sister Laura missed going because she wasnt in Mr Mayfields class anymore. She still loved listning to my day. Im only allowed to talk to people about THE candy who already know about it. My parents ask and I say we wached the movie The Babbleduck Spacecraft.

7. As I finished going around the neighborhood collecting my sweet candy, I saw some kind of sparkle in my Halloween bucket. I thought it was just a candy wrapper sparkling in the moon light, until I arrived back home and dumped out all of my candy onto my kitchen table. It wasn’t a candy wrapper at all. It was a purple gem. I showed it to my parents and they said “Throw it away. It could be poisonous.” Not thinking anything of it I threw it away. I went to bed after indulging in my sweet and sugary Halloween treats. I saw the purple gem lying on my bed after I knew that I had thrown it away. I just thought I misplaced it instead of throwing it away. I headed back into the kitchen and the gem lit up the whole room. I was amazed but also scared at the same time. The gem spelled out letters on the ceiling that read (Keep this gem with you as a special gift. Watch it and never lose it.) I thought that it was cool and meaningful, so I kept it in a safe spot. When I woke up the next morning it was gone but my candy was still scattered all over my kitchen table. I figured that I had dreamt about the sparkling gem, so I went to school and everything returned back to normal. No gem in sight.

8. It was Halloween. All the cool kids are going trick or treating. All the nerds are still doing nothing because they have no fiends. But Madylin was just going to sit home and stuff her face full of the usual ton of powderd dooughnuts and ice cream. But this year mt mayfield had ruined her life. He had placed Madylin on a workout schedule.

“No please… Don’t do this! I have so much to live for!”

“Um.. No you don’t. At this rate you have a max of 20 years left. Maybe even less.”

“Pleas just let me die in peace all rolled up in my fat rolls.”

At this moment Madylin realized that teachers couldn’t place you on a work out schedule. So Madylin spent Halloween stuffing her face with powderd doughnuts, ice cream, and a ten pound bag of Halloween candy. After her mighty feast… Madylin had a heart atack.

Madylin woke at the doctors office and complained about how hungry she was freaked out and fainted. This process repeated several times befor the doctor finall came in and just told her that she was burnt placed on a workout schedule. Then Madylin freaked out, had another heart atack, and died.

Now you might be wondering, Dave, what is the pint of this story. Well the point is to not work out. It kills

9. BEWARE OF THE SKELETON KING

I was out trick-or-treating, on my own. It was my first year alone. I was watching carefully and avoiding all the dark streets. Mommy always said all the grown men would eat a pretty little skeleton like me up.
    “Beware the skeleton king.”
    Mom’s voice rang out in my head. I turned the corner, a dark street. Nope. As I turned the corner to go back I bumped into a skellykid.
    ” Watch it, Nerd!”
    I caught a glimpse of his skellybucket. FULL SIZE GUMMY BONES!! As I ran down the dark street, searching for the house.
    ” mwa hahaha! ”
    My heart stopped. No. Had my greedy hands caused me to disobey my mother’s advice? I turned around to face him. The skeleton king. He pulled me onto his horse.
    And that’s the story of how I joined the Skeleton War.

10. “The Ghost Candy”

One Halloween Emma got weird pieces of candy (clear and blue colored). She looked at the package and saw that it was clear. Emma was told to never eat weird candy, but unfortunately she did anyways. She turned into a ghost, and was amazed at what this candy could do. She ate one of the blue candies in the package and turned back into a human. She wanted to share her discovery with Liv, but she also didn’t want anyone else to know. She ate another clear one and turned back into a ghost. She to class the next day, and Lillian was standing by the closet. She pushed Lillian into the closet and locked it so she couldn’t get out.

She got a bat from Trucker Brianna and hit Abbey in the head. She wanted everyone to see what she had done. She looked for the package of candies. She finally found it after about five minuets. There were no blue candies left, so Emma started freaking out. She went back to the house were she got the candy. The person that gave her the candy could see her and hear her.

She asked the lady what to do, and the lady gave her another blue candy, but it was a lighter blue. Emma ate it but she was still a ghost. The next day she went to school and everyone was sad. Liv just walked in and asked Kaili what happened. Kaili told Liv that Emma went missing. Emma felt something tingle in her stomach, and she was back.

THE END

11. Once upon a time…
    In a really sophisticated neighborhood children from all over came round to collect their candy then there was.. The house at the end of the street. Just looking at it gave you chills but children(sixth graders) were clueless as usual and went to go grab some candy. So they got home and we’re all ” I got snickers” and “I got jolly ranchers” but then there was the kids who went to the house at the end of the street. They looked in there bag and said I’ll trade a BKBLOODY for your SNICKERS and the normal children said “BKBLOODY?” What’s that? And so the children said well I don’t really know.. But I got it from the house at the end of the street. So one of the children said well let me do some research on it. He searched it up and nothing came up except for a address.. So he looked at the address and of course(if you know where this story is going) it was the address of the house at the end of the street. So he went to the house at the end of the street and took the whole bucket of BKBLOODYS and went home and took the candy and did numerical experiments on it first he opens it up it looks like a regular candy bar but it’s shaped like a bunny but with dead eyes (like this (*•*) he cut open the candy bar to find some red thick filling he had tasted it and it was(wait for it..) BLOOD as soon as he ate it he passed out and instantly woke up too see (Dramatic Music) DUN DUN DUUUUUN! BUNNY KILLER!

12. So today was the last day of golf practice, We were playing only three holes today. On the last hole I asked my coach, Is this the last day i’ll see you? He said yes. I hit on the green for my 3 shot on a par five and was putting for birdie. I stood up to my putt and said, I cant do it. He asked me why? I said I don’t want golf to end! He said well I can’t do this job anymore after your other coach quit! I stated balling because I was wanted to whenever people talked about my coach that unfortunately left me… He said Brooks if you cant face that your coach ran away from you then you cant play golf. I said fine, I quit! I threw my putter in the water and ran off into the woods, I stayed in that woods for about thirty minutes until I got hungry, I walked out of the woods went into the water to get my putter. My coach walked away and said, you’ll never be a pro. 10 years later, what do ya know. I’m a pro golfer! This was my first tournament for the PGA and I stood up to the tee box and swung and I hit it dead left in the water and behind me I heard a person in the crowd scream, You’ll never be a pro. I turned around and there was my golf coach staring me dead in the eyes.

13. candy ingredents

now listen hear sunny, you got to have the right ingerdentents to make swisper candy, witches toe, cats tongue, ideits ear, apple core, worm lavi, and most important of all an eyeball.