16 thoughts on “writing prompt of the week”

1. And now it’s time for…
    Gifted, in space

by Mayfield

Delaina had never been happier. Here she was, at the Babbleduck Cantina, with a cute boy, kissing away the time before her Emma “Shake it good, shake it real good” shake was to arrive, hundreds of galactic miles from trouble, so she thought, and thousands of thousands of galactic miles in her mind from thinking about Captain Patrick, Special Helper, and all the others on Starship Mayfield when all the sudden, her moment of bliss was interrupted by smell, then a sound.

“Is that diesel I smell?”

“RA-RAMMMMM!!!”

Delaina, a veteran of many battles with Trucker Kinzie, instinctively pulled away just when Kinzie’s semi smashed into the cantina.

“You ran over my cute boy AND you ruined my appetite for an awesome shake!!!” A visible shooken Delaina yelled at the trucker.

Trucker Kinzie didn’t care. She needed one more French horn to plot her evil. She’d been hoping that finding Delaina would mean finding a French kiss, which was just about the same thing as a French horn, but she’d missed the frenching. In her anger, she’d forgotten to brake.

“I didn’t even know his name,” Delaina later said to the cameras. Her efforts at remaining calm were helped once her appetite returned and the cantina owners promised her free shakes for life.

“I don’t normally kiss and tell,” Delaina said, “but with his lips so fine, I just never bothered getting to know much about him. Of course, his lips are flattened now, as is the rest of his body. It’s sad that some truckers see such powerfully round objects as lips and want to flatten them.”

Delaina knew she looked good in black so she stuck around for the funeral. She knew that cute boys liked to travel in packs. Sure enough, she saw another to make googly eyes at…

2. A long time ago in a galexy far far away their lived an old hobo named election jay was in a helpless fight against the great evils of the universe. Bug spray. This was the greatest enmity wasp man ever faced. But this was his only opertunity to rid of this great evil for good. Wasp man was forced back through his kingdom until he was just barley holding his castle. The evil bud spray robots were constantly bombarding the castle Walls.

Wasp man had only one hope left. He had to do the thing, also none as the atomic emp. This would disable all of th evil robots. Frying their electronic components.

However this task was almost impossible to achieve for the emp was stored at the top of an active valcanoe because active valcanoe make every thing cooler. Wasp,an started his journey at the foot of mount emp, named this for obvious reasons. Wasp man started up the mountain, he had to avoid rock and mud slides as well as say away from the lava flows to make his way to the emp. At this moment wasp man was really regretting the decision of placing the emp at the top of the valcanoe. But he pushed on any way.

About half way up the mountain waspman was covered in ash and soot for it had been three days since he started up te mountain and he had slipped and fell several times.

Finally wasp man reached the top of the mountain. There across the really old rickety wooden bridge were the controls to the emp. Waspman started to cross the bridge where he encountered the alpha bug spray robot.

“It’s over waspman I have the high ground.”

They ended up fighting to the death when wasp man fell into the lave. Here he lost limbs and had severe burns. Waspman couldn’t go back to his kingdom because of his shame. And the fact that there was nothing left. So he assumed the identity of darts Vader.

3. First! My favorite moment of the first semester is when kona ice for the first time came and I got most of the flavors and the icie tasted wonderful and terrible at the same and it was awesome. Or it would be that one time I went to the dance and sat and listened to loud rock music through my earbuds the whole time. That was also fun.

4. And now it’s time for…
    Continuation of my story!

When you arrive at the garden, you sit down and think about today’s events. After a bit of pondering, You notice that the sun is low in the sky. You look at your wrist watch and notice that it is four thirty, so You walk slowly back to your dorm.
    when you arrive, you get a pair of pajamas from your suitcase and change in the bathroom. After you change you climb into bed and sleep out of exhaustion, not caring that it is only five in the afternoon. Then you start to dream.
    “Hello?” You call out to the rocky wasteland, filled with shadowy unfocused figures.
    “Can nobody hear me hear me?” Its getting hard to breathe. You hear a sort of drumming.
    “Can you hear it too?” You call out to a particular figure that you think looks like bro. Suddenly the wind gets knocked out of you, and you crumple to the ground. You can single out one strong metallic scratchy voice that you can hear above the others.
    “You are defenseless in this dreamscape. I could kill you now if I wanted too. I would be easy. Almost as easy as killing your mother. But… Something stops me. I am curious.”
    “Curiosity killed the cat” you reply shakily to the scratchy nameless voice, struggling to stand back up.
    “But satisfaction brought it back” the voice replies coolly. You feel a sharp pain shoot down your spine, and you cringe and hiss in pain. Then everything goes dark.

When you wake up, you can still feel pain along your spine. Then you realize that you did not fill out the slip of paper that Karakurt gave you. You reach over to the bedside table and get a pencil and the paper and quickly fill it out, circling that you want to do swimming, band, and computer stuff as your electives.
    After you finish with that, you notice that Shadix is gone, so you guess he is at breakfast. You check your watch, and it says it is Six eighteen. You head to the bathroom and get dressed in the school uniform that you got, and as you are dressing you look and the mirror to see if there is any bruising down your spine, which still aches. There is. The place where your spine is pressed against your skin has turned black. You look at it a bit, then you continue getting dressed. When you finish, you sit back down on your bed and play your IG2 until it is seven twenty, then you put it away and head to breakfast.
    When you arrive at breakfast, you walk over to Karakut and hand him the paper. After that, you head to the breakfast line and get some waffles and fruit. You sit down by yourself at one of the many small tables and start eating. The food is very good. When you finish, you put your tray on a cart for it to be washed. You look around and see Karakurt. He seems to want you to come talk to him or something. You walk over to him, exchange good mornings, and he hands you a slip of paper.
    “It’s your schedule. The teachers of the classes will give you what you need for each class.”
    “Thank you” you reply, being polite.
    You walk down to band, which is your first class. The band director is nice. He has a small beard, and His name is “Mr. Mach” but he says it would be fine if we called him “captain band man” as a nickname. He seems to like a lot of the British television shows you like.
    After band, you go to GRC. The person who teaches GRC is…. Interesting. His name is professed mafeld. He likes teenage boy bands, writes stories about his students, is very sarcastic, and tells lots of jokes about random topics. He is a bit short, and he looks like a high schooler, but when he got angry at this one annoying kid in you class named Brendan, it was scary.
    After GRC, you walk to “Special Training”. you walk into the large white room, noticing that during the tour, even though you were showed where it was, you weren’t shown the inside of the room. If you had been, you probably would’ve ran away. The room is cubed, bleached white, and featureless, save the small L.E.D. Lights lining the edges of the walls, casting a harsh white light on the already white room. One metal bar runs along the middle of the walls. There are thin white full body suits with black helmets hanging on the walls. The room seems to emit a pulsing sensation, and it freaks you out a bit. The teacher looks nice enough, but like all of the other teachers, something seems a bit off. Other kids trail into the room from the doorway behind you, and sit down in organized lines. You walk over to the teacher and ask where to sit.
    “Behind that kid right there.” He points to Shadix, who you didn’t notice had come in.
    “ok, thanks.” You walk over to Shadix and sit behind him on the cold, featureless white floor.
    The teacher, his name is “coach smith”, says that everyone needs to get a white suit from the rack and put it on over their clothes. He says that the suits have sensors inside of them, so if yours is too small or too large, it will shrink or grow to your size. You get a suit from the rack, and it is too large in the body and too small for your height. As coach said, it grew to be tall enough, then when you could get it on, it shrunk to fit you snugly. After you got the suit on, you put on the helmet and attach it to the neck of the suit.. It shrinks a bit also. After that, you sit and wait for further instructions. Coach smith looks at us.
    “Ok, everyone set? Good. since everyone in this class is new, I will explain what is happening. I am about to turn on the antigrav, so you can work on moving around in outer space. If you feel like you are going to get sick, please remove your suit, then proceed to exit the room. Then go to the nurse.” Coach walks into an open doorway that you didn’t notice before, then walks back out. The door of the room he was in slides shut, and you hear a whirring noise. You start to feel nervous, so you close your eyes and breathe in and out deeply. Shadix shows no sign of nervousness, except that he is drumming his gloved fingers on the floor. But that might be impatience instead of nervousness.
    The antigrav turns on, and everyone floats up to the middle of the room. you find yourself floating to the wall, and when you get to the wall you grab on to the bar. then you turn yourself upside down, pretending that everyone else is upside down because of the loss of gravity. you laugh a bit.
    “is something funny?” a person near you asks.
    “since in antigrav there is no gravity, that means that there is no such thing as facing up or down. so that makes it look like everyone else is upside down.”
    “oh. ok.”
    you flip back right side up and push yourself into the middle of the room, tilting to steer and doing a backflip as you go. you stop at the opposite wall, and turn back around. the room is silent. people are suspended in mid air, gaping at you. they all start speaking at once.
    “how did you do that?”
    “That was amazing!”
    “cheater”
    “cool!”
    shadix looks at you like you performed a magic trick and he doesn’t believe you did it.
    you turn around and float on your back while coach smith shushes them.
    “now class, some people are just natural at it for some reason. with practice, you will get better at it and be able to do almost everything you do in normal life when you are in zero gravity.”
    the class grumbles about how difficult stuff is in zero gravity. you turn yourself back upright and look around.

5. Staff change

“All that is changing is that some teachers are switching” Mrs. Dudley said.

“They say it like it’s nothing” I said to Ty Smiff. I had forgotten that I had lived in 2015 so that if you sneeze in class you get straight to I.S.D. so I stopped right there.

One hour later:

The rumors had started ” I heard that we’ll get all A’s”

“No, that’s if your college roommate dies.”

“No, that’s if your teacher dies.”

“Olay? I love taco tuesdays.”

“Not olay Fatty, all A’s.”

“What’s an allas.”

“Forget it.”

One day later:

I walk into the gym and see the English teacher. Fifth period my math teacher in the science room. The next period some person that I don’t know is there. This whole time people are walking into the classroom and walking right out because it was the wrong classroom.

Honestly this day was the most hilarious day of the year just because everyone walking in and then walking out of the classrooms and people just walking to classes and noticing that the roll call did not have your name on it but it was a funny day in general.

6. My favorite moment in the first semester was when we went to the lab and played hour of code. We played twice. The first time was after we finished our aspire test and we played Minecraft. The second time was yesterday and we played Java Script and then after that we played on Minecraft. This is my favorite moment in the first semester.

7. It was the beginning of the semester…

My favorite memory of the beginning of the semester was when tone had a breakdown because his golf coach left him. And for like the next 2 weeks he was like… hes gone and he made a promise! i remember us like laughing so hard because you were all “did you throw your promise ring away?” and it was the funniest thing and he was like he left me on the putting green so when i go there i get really emotional. and so brooks has a tear puddle on the green that never dries. so that overall was a great start tot he school year for me! 🙂

8. “Ho, ho, ho. And who are you little boy with mid-calf socks?”

“Oh, Santa. You’re too funny because I know you know all. I’m Tone.”

“Ho, ho, ho. Is that a nickname of some sort?”

“No, it’s my name. I got it because it’s pretty much all I ever say.”

“Ho, ho, um, well, tell Santa what you want, Tone.”

“Oh Santa, let me tell you a sad, sad story.”

“Ho, ho, um, well, Santa has a long line of other kids, kids a lot younger than you, that would like to tell…”

“You see, Santa, once upon a time, there was a beautiful relationship between a boy and his golf coach.”

“Santa doesn’t have time for…”

“This coach and this boy were more than coach and golfer. They were…”

“Does Santa need to contact the authorities?”

“No, Santa, it wasn’t like that. The coach and his pupil, his shining star, they were strictly about golf.”

“Phew. I mean, Ho, ho, ho…”

“But then, the most awful thing happened.”

“Drugs?”

“No.”

“The kid started wearing goofy socks?”

“No.”

“The kid got lost at a tournament in innercity Birmingham and was attacked by a bit pull that thought his big head was his mother’s and…”

“No, even worse. The coach left his star golfer for his family.”

“Um, ho, um, that was the bad thing?”

“Yes, Santa, it was devastating. It was awful. That’s why, for this Christmas, I’d like a new coach.”

“Well, Santa isn’t much in the human-trafficking business but…”

“Oh, Santa. I knew you could do this for me. You’re the best. I know my twin sister has a bad rep with the Easter bunny, but I knew you wouldn’t hold that against me. I made it easy on you. I have a list of qualities, watch your feet when the list unrolls because it’s rather long. I know Tiger Woods is out of golf right now too so if you think it’d be best for him to be my coach while he figures his life out, I can be the mature adult in that relationship and get his life back on the awesome course my life is on, starting with some cool socks.”

“Listen, um, Tone. I’m not sure if Santa can bring you Tiger Woods – or any coach – for Christmas.”

“But… but Santa. You and I are tight? We go back. We have a whole lot of history.”

“Yes, but Santa has other kids to see and help too.”

“Oh, I see how it is. Santa has FAMILY.”

“Well, yes, Santa has family and so…”

“I bet you go see them right after this, don’t you?”

“Yes, Santa leaves…”

“No, Santa. Don’t leave!!! Everyone leaves me! My golf coach! Then my golf coach! Then my golf coach!”

Santa never did get to see any other kids that day. Tone cried so much that Santa’s suit was soaked. The elves gave Tone a candy cane, but even that was a disappointment because the chip on the side of the crook made Tone think of his coach…

9. My favorite moment of the first semester would have to be when it was the first day of school because on the first day of school I got to wear my new clothes and my new shoes . The other new thing I got to where was my backpack and my new binder but accident where my binder I just carried it. Also knowing that I passed seventh grade and got to go to the eighth. The other cool thing about it was the new teachers the Old friends from last year and knowing what class you have with them. Another thing that I liked was being able to see my cousin in the six grade, even though I don’t see him much. The plus side about the first couple days of school is that you’re really starting to meet your teachers and all you really have to do is nothing (No work) basically. The downside is that you half to know than the fact that you’re at school again and it feels like another year to bring break i feels like another year until summer break again. The other plus side is that you are the oldest people in the school and you get more opportunities to do things first . Another thing that you look forward to is the next class because you get to see all of your friends that are in that class with you and know who you’re going to sit by until the teachers give you a seating chart . Then knowing how the rest of your year is going to be, and that is why that is my favorite moment of the first semester and really the whole year until the last day of school.

10. My favorite moment of the first semester was the first day of school.

As I walked off the the buss feeling lonely because I didn’t see any of my friends, I saw a girl and asked her where do I go. To my disappointment she had no idea where to go either. I saw a group of small people standing at a door and I went to join them. I thought they sixth graders because they are and were small. Then the whole group started moving with a teacher so I followed them. I am happy that they actually were sixth graders and I was lead to the sixth grade hall way. When the first bell rang I jumped up but I was told that we leave on the second bell. When the second bell rang I headed to my locker. I was having a very hard time opening it. Thank goodness a girl named Liv was standing near me and she helped me open my locker. ( she also helped the rest of the week) When I headed to my first class I was delighted to hear that we had no work but teachers just talked. ( I don’t remember a single word they said) All day long all I heard was talking from teachers but I didn’t mind because I wanted know what to do. That day I met a whole lot people in the hall, at lunch, and at P.E. The people I met that are still my friends to this day. That day was a blur. I kept to my self most of the day until G.R.C. That’s when I found out I have a teacher that makes fun of people. The first he seemed like a nice person. Then when you get to know him he’s really not. I didn’t get made fun of until just recently which I was happy about. Now I am the sorry and yes sir girl. Now back to the first day. All the teachers want you to believe they are nice. They really are. ( except Mr. Mayfield. He’s questionable.) I mostly terrified that day because I was expecting bullying and shoving but middle school is actually fun. My favorite part of the day was when I found out I had no homework. I picked the first day of school as my favorite because that’s the day I met up with old friends and made a lot of new friends.

THE END

11. My favorite moment in the first semester was when we played on code.org on the computer. I liked the challenging levels. I also liked the setting and different characters. Another good moment was when steel city pops came. It was so creamy and delicious. It was sunny and we went on the field and I talked to my friends and we ate steel city pops. The last moment I liked in the first semester is when we did a science experiment. We got to touch a sheep heart. It was thick in some spots and thin in other spots. It was fun to do the siphon pump also. The siphon pump was representing a heart pumping blood. I have had a lot of fun and exciting events happen in the first semester and hope to have many more throughout the school year.

12. My name is Zorglax, the Cwasaur. I just finished the school year at Dualglas Acedemy. The school year was chaotic and full of pranks, involving run-away Guants, Terdacts, and Hertos. But the craziest part was when some ships landed on our roof! It was in the middle of a history lesson about the Shnark War, on the month of Sarg. While Mr. Sander talked about the war, we heard a loud THUD from above. “What the…” Mr. Sarg said. All the students, including me, ran out. When we got on the lawn to look at the roof, I was blown away. There was a spaceship on the roof! We watched as the door opened and something stepped out. It looked weird. I remembered our space biology class, and identified it as a human. “Chewie!” It shouted. “You forgot to fill the gas tank!” A roar was heard and followed by a strange furry creature, which was extremely tall. I recognized it as a wookie, apparently called ‘Chewie’. “Where are we?” “You’re on planet Xxorflax.” I said. “Really?”said the human,” Never been here before. Do you have any Xangas fuel?” We did. We led him to the gas station, and on the way, we learned that he was called Han Solo, and he needed to get to Tatooine to meet someone called Luke Skywalker. We came back and fueled his ship and said good-bye. When the shipmlifted

13. Whoops, didn’t mean to click enter. Anyway, lets finish it.
    When the ship lifted we heard Han Solo say “Thanks Zorglax! Now, hit the hyperdrive Chewie!” And then they disappeared into hyperspace.

14. First semester was many days of first experiences. For me, it was the first day of school and my first day at Columbiana Middle School. It was the first time having a locker and many new classmates. First time changing classes and first time exams. First semester has had its ups and downs, but glad that I am on the upside now. I have experienced many new classes and learning adventures. I have traveled in science to outer space, went back in time in social studies, learned new expressions in math, and exercises in gym. GRC has taught me to look at language and reading in a different way that is enjoyable. Art and computer lab has been exciting. I am looking forward to the new adventures that awaits me after the holidays.

15. My favorite moment of the first semester was in band. We were trying out for instruments. I had tried out for the saxophone like my cousin, also clarinet and drums. I got clarinet as my instrument. When I first started playing my clarinet it was very hard. Then as time went on I started to get better and better. I have learned to play so many songs like Jingle Bells and Jungle Drums, Jolly Old Saint Nicholas, and The First Christmas March. The first concert we had was after school and we did what we do in class just to show our parents. We played the scales and played some songs. The first time we had after school practice was on my birthday which was fun and we actually sounded pretty good as a band. On our Christmas concert we did a really good job even though we messed up a bit on the hardest song. After that concert we got food and wend to class. After school was my birthday party and my friend got to ride home with me and since I had to wake up at four am for my concert when I got home I fell asleep for two hours until the party. That was my favorite part of the first semester.