staying toasty warm with a good book…

“i’d know that voice anywhere” – collection of NPR radio essay from deford – a former writer with sports illustrated – great non-fiction for the sports boys at the school – sort of shows thought can go with sports – sometimes:) i did enjoy the way it was arranged too – not just chronologically or by sport

“f paper” – something like that – collection of silly/goofy responses to papers from a teacher – the librarians LOVED it – it was cute – very easy to read – if we’d had another hour of class friday, we would’ve read some of them – but, alas, too much else to do

“run for your life” – cailyn gets an A for life for letting me borrow this book – first, it brought Bama good luck b/c i read it during commercials of the national championship game – second, it was enjoyable to read – as a teacher – as a runner – just from the history behind it – apparently, there was a xc race in chelsea back in the mid-90s – imagine…

j

One thought on “staying toasty warm with a good book…”

1. And now it’s time for…

Gifted, in space
    by Mayfield

Lieutenant Delaina often went jail visiting. It helped her mark service hours for her role as Interstellar Ambassador. Plus, she always held out hope there was a cute, bad boy that was dreadfully misunderstood.

The Battleship Mayfield had a stopover on Planet Ephesus, and that’s when Delaina found a special mission.

“Hey, little girl, come here,” a voice from the shadows said.

“Do you have a cute younger son, oh crazy old guy?”

“I sure do. Once upon a time, I had two of them. Identical twins.”

“Wow, twins…”

“Yes, it’s a sad story, you see…”

“Look, I get enough blabbering from my captain. What can I do to help you get your sons get to me?”

“Well, I’m not sure if you can. I think it’s hopeless.”

Delaina was impressed. This guy had the emotional range of a 12-year-old girl, happy one minute and depressed as all get-out the next.

“Well, if it’s hopeless… Do you think your sons will show up at the funeral? I look good in black.”

“What funeral? I’m going to be run over by Trucker Kinzie as punishment.”

“Trucker Kinzie? I hate that girl.”

“I don’t know her, but seeing as she’s going to run me down, I guess I don’t think she’s that great. By the way, do you have some extra money? I need 900 marks of currency.”

“For your last meal?”

“No, because if I get $1,000 marks, I can be free.”

“I thought you said you needed 900.”

“The duke of the planet said my body was worth 100.”

Delaina had no comment.