hey, mayfield reads two good YA books in a row…

these are the days that fry men’s souls – b/c it’s just that hot…

“an ember in the ashes” – i’m sure you’ll all love it – i would guess it’ll be the next movie to go see after divergent and hunger games – but it gets a “blah” from me – first off, how many futurist novels do we need to read that are set in the middle ages? isn’t that like a contradiction? second, why would you take your top 4 people to be your next emperor and then have them kill each other off? it was like the hunger games except the games kept not killing them – and what does it mean to be an ember in the ashes anyway? that you survived a fire? that you’re hot? that you were a chop off the old block?

“marcelo in the real world” – wow, what a book – just great – but really only those of you that are very bright will get and appreciate the book – b/c there isn’t romance – and the POV is from an autistic 18 year old – and most of you want a middle school girl or boy battling insecurity and romance – but i absolutely loved the book – and that most of the book was set in a boston i know about b/c of the marathon – and that the author lived in mobile and was a part of the charity – L’Arche – that i run for every january

“better man project” – blah – wasn’t impressed

j

2 thoughts on “hey, mayfield reads two good YA books in a row…”

1. Yet again, I feel the call of a Buffy/Spike relationship so I find myself curled up on the floor listening to the Once Again With Feeling CD playing in the background??

2. movie stop is going out of business if you and the detective could get free for a field trip to roebuck in the next few days – otherwise, i’m just going to have to pick things out myself – and that probably won’t work

feeling the call of a buffy/spike relationship is probably bad if you watched all of season six:)

made my day to hear from you