Our final meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 4, 2020 @ 6PM in OMMS Cafeteria (enter through Door #6 by the Gym). Collecting insurance cards via email will save us time at this meeting.
Please email a copy of the student’s insurance card (front/back) to Mrs. Kennedy at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Agenda for Tuesday, February 4th Meeting:
- Turn in medication and medicine form to Nurse Stone.
- All medication (prescription and over-the-counter) is requested to be turned in before or at the meeting, however no later than Monday, February 10th.
- Obtain DC hoodie to wear on the 1st day of trip (Thursday, February 13th).
- Review thoroughly DC Trip Guidelines & Tentative Itinerary.
- DC Tour Groups & Rooming Assignments posted at meeting.
- FaceBook Page: OMMS Washington DC 2020
- Be at BHM airport at 4:30AM on Thursday, February 13th!
We will be ordering our Washington DC students hoodies, instead of t-shirts like we originally planned. Please make sure your 7th grader has told his/her Social Studies teacher (Buckner, Civils, or Kennedy) the adult size that your 7th grader wears. The hoodies will be distributed at the Washington DC Parent/Student Meeting on Tuesday, February 4th at 6:00pm in the OMMS Cafeteria.
Final DC payment is due by Wednesday, January 15, 2020. Several students did not pay December’s payment, so December and January payments will be due no later than January 15th.
All balances must be paid by this date! Email Mrs. Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org for your student’s account balance.
7th Graders – Please stop by Mrs. Kennedy’s classroom (D – 6) to give her your list of classmates you would like to room with on the Washington DC trip. You are providing a request. This does not guarantee you will room with the people you request. Mrs. Kennedy will do her best to honor your request, however it has to be approved by OMMS Administration before it is finalized. Mrs. Kennedy will post the room assignments outside her classroom between January 13th – 17th.
Below are the monthly payment (minimum) amounts and due dates. You are welcome to pay more than the minimum monthly payment and/or pay earlier than due date.
Make all checks payable to OMMS with the student’s name on check. Please deliver payments to Mrs. Kennedy in D-6.
Washington DC ($1500)
$300 deposit due Sept. 16, 2019
$300 payment due Oct. 15, 2019
$300 payment due Nov. 15, 2019
$300 payment due Dec. 16, 2019
$300 payment due Jan. 15, 2020
Attached is the handout that was discussed at the August 27th interest meeting.
Please be aware of payment deadlines (on the 5th & 6th page of the document).
Any 7th grader wishing to make a reservation must complete the following by Monday, September 16th (there are a limited number of spots, and priority is given to the order received):
- Complete the DC Trip Google Form [https://forms.gle/j5BiuBSdgC1g8QsXA]. If this link does not work, email Mrs. Kennedy for the Google Form. If you cannot complete the Google Form, we will provide your student with a paper copy to be turned into Mrs. Kennedy.
- Initial deposit ($300 or higher amount to reduce future payments) given to Mrs. Kennedy (room D-6) with student’s name on check memo & on envelope. Total cost is $1500. The initial deposit of $300 holds the student’s place on the trip.
Please email Mrs. Julie Kennedy at email@example.com if you have further questions.
Our 7th grade Washington DC trip is schedule for Thursday, February 13, 2020 – Monday, February 17, 2020. An Interest Meeting will be held Tuesday, August 27th at 6:00pm in the OMMS cafeteria for 7th graders interested in going on the Washington DC 2020.
Parents not able to attend the meeting on August 27th, please check back on this blog (OMMS DC Trip) for all of the details we will review, including trip guidelines, total cost, and payment information.
Any student interested in attending the DC trip, please complete this Google Form as soon as possible https://forms.gle/j5BiuBSdgC1g8QsXA .