Agenda for Tuesday, February 5th Meeting:
- Turn in medication with 2019 Prescription Form 2019 OTC Form
- All medication (prescription and over-the-counter) must be turned in to Nurse Stone no later than Tuesday, February 12th.
- Obtain DC t-shirt to wear on the 1st day of trip (Thursday, February 14th).
- Review/read thoroughly 2019 Washington, DC Trip Guidelines & Tentative Itinerary
- Tour Groups Washington DC 2019 Tour Groups
- Rooming Assignments are located in the previous post.
- FaceBook Page: OMMS Washington DC 2019
- Be at BHM airport at 4:30AM on Thursday, February 14th!
Please email a copy of the student’s insurance card (front/back) to Mrs. Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Our final meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 @ 6PM in OMMS Cafeteria (enter through Gym door). Collecting insurance cards via email will save us time at this meeting.
Final DC payment is due by January 15, 2019. Many did not pay December’s payment, so December and January payments will be due no later than January 15th.
All balances must be paid by this date! Email Mrs. Kennedy for your student’s account balance.
Total cost of the DC trip will be $1,350. Below is a payment breakdown.
Make checks payable to OMMS. Bring payment to Mrs. Kennedy in D-6. On each receipt, the balance is written at the bottom for your records. If you need to know your balance, email Mrs. Kennedy at email@example.com.
$270 deposit due Sept. 17, 2018
$270 payment due Oct. 15, 2018
$270 payment due Nov. 15, 2018
$270 payment due Dec. 14, 2018
$270 payment due Jan. 15, 2019
Excerpt from Washington DC 2019 Guidelines:
This is an educational trip. We want to take students who are eager to learn about our American heritage. Please be informed that each student selected to go must have the administration’s approval. A student who commits continuous disciplinary infractions or has failing grades will not be allowed to attend. Should this happen, money that has already been committed on behalf of the student will not be refunded. This is also a fast-paced excursion that demands maturity and self-sufficiency. The students are expected to be able to carry their own luggage, wake up on their own, move quickly to maintain a strict schedule, and act responsibly. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated, and, if excessive, could result in the student being flown home at the parent’s expense.
Cancellation Policy (*Trip Insurance covers full cost if doctor-verified illness, injury, etc.):
- Cancellation by October 15, 2018: full refund minus $50 (trip insurance)
- Cancellation until November 15, 2018: 50% refund minus $50
- No refund after November 15, 2018 unless for medical reason
There are only 20 student spots left on the DC Trip!
Email Mrs. Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org and get your 1st payment to her in D-6!
First come, first serve.
Make checks payable to OMMS.
Attached is the handout that was discussed at the August 27th interest meeting.
2019 Washington DC Trip Guidelines & Tentative Itinerary
Please be aware of payment deadlines (on the 5th & 6th page of the document).
Any 7th grader wishing to make a reservation must complete the following by Monday, September 17th (there are a limited number of spots, and priority is given to the order received):
- Complete the DC Trip Google Form [ Google Form.] by going to the OMMS DC Blog https://podcasts.shelbyed.k12.al.us/omms-dctrip/ or email Mrs. Kennedy for the Google Form. If you cannot complete the Google Form, we will provide your student with a paper copy to be turned into Mrs. Kennedy.
- Initial deposit ($270 or higher amount to reduce future payments) given to Mrs. Kennedy (room D-6) with student’s name on check memo & on envelope. Total cost is $1350. The inital deposit of $270 holds the student’s place on the trip.
Please email Mrs. Julie Kennedy at email@example.com if you have further questions.
Our 7th grade Washington DC trip is schedule for Thursday, February 14, 2019 – Monday, February 18, 2019.
An Interest Meeting will be held Monday, August 27th at 6:00pm in the OMMS cafeteria for 7th graders interested in going on the Washington DC 2019.
Parents not able to attend the meeting on August 27th, please check back on this blog (OMMS DC Trip) for all of the details we will review, including trip guidelines, total cost, and payment information.
Any student interested in attending the DC trip, please complete the Google Form.
Agenda for Monday, February 5th Meeting: