The purpose of the Public Relations Department is to foster relationships and promote communication with internal and external stakeholders. The PR Department relies on a two-way communication process that serves to inform and promote the Shelby County School District. By focusing on proactive communications, as well as communicating challenges, we are able to build trust with our stakeholders and build a climate of openness and inclusiveness.
Our Communications Goals:
- Establish a clear brand identity for the district to build image and reputation while accurately telling the story of SCS.
- Protect the privacy of DCS students
- Utilize a variety of media to maximize the awareness and support of the district’s goals, objectives, and programs.
- Develop and maintain transparency in school district operations as well as procedures for handling crisis
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with all stakeholders to strengthen support for SCS.
- Promote community involvement and build partnerships that serve to enhance the educational experience of SCS students.