Keeping Current –Week beginning 8/15

On 8/14 students visited the media center to check out a book for Independent Reading. This month’s Independent Reading Project is a book jacket worth 100 points. Students were given specific instructions in written, oral and visual forms. This is a student project and students were instructed to do their own projects. It is super when parents want to work with kids on projects, but it is imperative that kids do their own reading and their own projects. It is not necessary to spend money on a project.

Our next test will be on Thursday, 8/21. Review AIO 1-12 and Grammar workbook 1-5
Academic vocabulary from Unit 1: fact, fiction, fantasy, investigate, prove,evidence, determine, decision, opinion, prove, confirm, non-fiction, characters, plot, exposition, conflict, rising action, climax, falling action, prediction, nouns, common nouns, proper nouns
Word parts: non, anti, fic/fac, ex,

Homework:
Due Mon.From AIO p.3 and 4,

Due Tuesday
read “My Heart Is In the Highlands” Jane Yolen

In class we will be reading “Greyling” and “Stray”

6 comments:

1. Hey Mrs. Herbert, this is Emma Johnson I’m inn your 2nd period class. I was trying to find the song you showed us but couldn’t is there a way I can?

2. hi Mrs. Herbert, it’s Abby Monk from 5th period. I was wanting to know for the project can the summary be over 150 words.

3. its jane league from 5th period, I can’t find the copy of the project due 9/17 is it on the blog?