post v-day lulls – or counting down the days ’til the warm-up…

yo,
so i finished the half-marathon – two months to boston – five weeks of hard training left – probably all in the freezing rain apparently…

read three-ish books last week – “columbine” – sad book – admired how the kids and the staff fought to regain a sense of control after that tragic event

“last pick” – story of the boston marathon’s race director – dave mccgillvry – very good, can-do spirit of a book – enjoyed his tale of running across america in 1978 (80 days – 3,000-plus miles – very amazing dedication – all for charity too)

“playing for keeps” – story of michael jordan – jordan was incredible when i was growing – even when i was 20-whatever and he was in the last year with the wizards – incredibly driven athlete – and i thought he was a good baseball player too his one year out

read magazines – christianity today said sports are evil, sport illustrated said that athletes are evil (or in the case of peyton manning, not evil enough) – ny times said the olympic committee and canada are evil for making a dangerous luge course – the economist said americans are evil for being so individualistic – it’s all so confusing:)

for the week, i hope to finish the jordan book – beyond that,ย i hope to finish season four of “how i met your mother” on dvd:)

sincerely,
mafeld

39 thoughts on “post v-day lulls – or counting down the days ’til the warm-up…”

1. i am now on the book in the peter and the starcatcher series, oce again as i have nothing other to read, on the book Peter and the Sword of Mercy. so far in the remake of the classical peter pan movie moly has become a darling by marrying george and have had three children named george, wendy, and micheal. molly has just been contacted by one of peters old boys at scotland yard. he tells her that the royal king might be being possesed by ombra and and when she goes to investigate she teels her daughter, wendy, before she goes about peter and the starcatchers because she doesn’t know if she will come back or not. then on the train to scottland yard after being told that the one that had contacted her took a very sudden vacation, she is kiddnapped on the subway. Wendy being like her mother tells her grandfather and he tells her about the sword of mercy for about a minute before passing out in his bed for he was ver sick. Then while playing coy she ends up stealing her other grandfathers new flying invention and sets off to find Neverland. That is all for now. Peace. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜›

2. YEY, I am the first to comment!!!! Anyways, so far I am 1 week into my book and already 325 pages in, and thats quite a lot for me in one week. It is the back story to the book that I have just read, “The New Breed”, by W.E.B Griffin, this one is “The Aviators”. It is all about the Army and their quest to be one day free of Air Force assistance by maintaining their own fleet of aircraft. This was delayed thanks to 2 accidents with CH-47 “Chinook” helicopters that were being tested for 1000 hours to make sure their parts will hold up at least that long on normal flight. When the Chief of Staff heard, he immediately grounded all Chinooks, but one Colonel, by the name of Augustus and who was leader of the Fort Rucker branch for the signal corps, took the Chinook for the last 103.25 hours it needed to finish its 1000 hour test.

Thats all for today people, so ttyl and cy2… good afternoon.

3. OK… so as I said in my last blog “I have read one act out of Hamlet by Shakespeare” I didn’t get to finish blogging on the last scene in the first act but I’m going to. So……I ended withAct 1 Scene 4 where The three guards took Hamlet out to show him the ghost wandering around at 1:00 in the morning. They waited out there until the ghost appeared to them and beckoned to Hamlet to come and follow him. After all four of them got done arguimg about if Hamlet should go with him. After a while Hamlet said whatever and walked away with the ghost. They walked through the empty streets of London. They finally came to an empty space and the king started to speak to Hamlet. This came to me as a shocker, Hamlet’s dad told Hamlet that while he was gardening in the garden a snake bit him on the ear and poisoned him until he was dead. While he was dying and gasping for breath Hamlets uncle[the new king] Walked over and took the snake away. Hamlets dad had the impression that he wanted him to get his revenge on his uncle. Hamlet willingly agreed and walked away as his dad faded away in the sunlight. Hamlet walked away and told the guards everything he heard and told them to swear on his sword to never tell anyone. That is the end of act one, I will now start on act two. Peace out:]

4. This week I’m reading the Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. First off a little about what i have read so far (chapter 1 and 2)

This first chapter contains little action, instead setting the scene and introducing the first of many characters that come to create the story. A crowd of dreary looking people has gathered outside the door of a prison in seventeenth century Boston. The buildingโ€™s heavy oak door is studded with iron spikes, and the prison appears to have been constructed to hold dangerous criminals. They built the prison for the prisoners to go straight from there to the cemetery so it is very much dead and “like” a coffin This is why the people of Boston built their prison some twenty years earlier.The one major scene in the beginning is the rosebush that grows next to the prison door. The narrator says that it offers a reminder of Natureโ€™s kindness to the condemned; for his story, he says, it will provide either a โ€œsweet moral blossomโ€ or else some relief in the face of unrelenting sorrow and gloom, which i think means the rose bush is meant to represent the sorrow of the prison but yet the roses are beautiful but yet they still make the place seem a little gloomy,if that is a word. That is what i took from what he worte, he probably meant something completely different.

In chapter two,as the crowd watches, Hester Prynne, a young woman holding an infant, emerges from the prison door and makes her way to a raised platform, where she is to be publicly condemned. The women in the crowd make horrible comments about Hester; they criticize her for the embroidered badge on her chestโ€”a letter โ€œAโ€ stitched in gold and scarlet. From the womens conversation and Hester,as she walks through the crowd,you can tell by the way the authors says what people are yelling at her and the way he explains her character you can tell she has committed adultery and has had a child by the mad she “did” it with. The โ€œAโ€ on her dress stands for โ€œAdulterer.โ€The elders of the town call Hester up to them. Children taunt her and adults stare. Scenes from Hesterโ€™s earlier life flash through her mind: she sees her parents standing before their home in England, then she sees a man, much older than herself, who she married and followed to Europe. But now the present floods in on her, and she squeezes the infant in her arms, causing it to cry out. She becomes full with disbelief. That is all i have read so far, it sort of takes me a while to read and some things i have to reread because it is written in old English. But so far it is a pretty interesting book.

5. Go Mr. Mayfield in Boston, I know still two months away but hopefully you will finish under 4 hours (Yea, in his dreams! ๐Ÿ™‚ he’s really not going to finish!) Thanks for coming to see us run Saturday! I saw you run though so it is fair. (go to this website to see Mr. Mayfield- http://tinyurl.com/runmayfield)

My blog. In Switchbacks, of course I’m still reading it!, Sid Marty gets the story of how Abbott’s Hut came to be built. The hut’s real name is Abbott Pass’s Hut. It costed $30,000.00 to build, a large sum at the time. The supplies had to be carried up the mountain to be built and was mainly built out of stones up on the mountain already so the actual stones did not have to be brought up Mount Victoria. The Hut is a fairly nice stone hut that can sustain almost anything, but the out house, probably on of the most important parts is a shabby hole in the ground with wooden sides and supported by wooden poles. This story is the only one I’ve read tonight.

BBBBYYYYEEE!!!

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰

6. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€ :S :C ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ hi mr.mayfield what’s shaking
    now i am still reading the 39 clues the maze of bones (shocking)
    so far i have read that dan is absolutely is in love with fireworks (so thats were he has been on valentines day then)
    in in the independence hall amy crawled like a cat in to saladins cat carrier (weird)
    and nellie yelled out that they are all being recluses but dans hearing was so messed up that her voice sounded like it was coming from the bottom of a fish tank
    (wow them people are massed up)
    bye ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜€ :S :C

7. Book: Orel Hershiser

*MONDAY* (Summary)

Where i am now in my book, is basically talking about all the games Orel is playing in and the scores, stats, and records Orel has. It talks about his ERA and how hard you have to work to become what he is now. When the Dodgers ended up playing the Mets, they were kind of worried and didnt know what was going to happen because the Dodgers had lost 10 of 11 games to the Mets, but, the Dodgers reminded themselves that the past losses doesnt really matter and they had their minds set on the game ahead of them and the game that they are fixing to face in the playoffs. The Dodgers faced their first playoff game against the Mets at home. But, if the Mets won four games before the Dodgers did, then they would be able to take the big trophy home and win the World Series. Also, when Orel was coming onto the Met’s home field, Mets fans were saying and bragging that they were going to win and Orel said all they did was pumped him up.

*TUESDAY* (Letter)

Dear Orel,
    Congratulations on winning the second game against the Mets although they won the first :-). Wish you luck on the World Series too. I can’t stand the Mets really so i hope you guys win!!! I really think yall will beat them and make all of their fans and supporters mad! Yall have the compassionate and i believe that yall have what it takes to win. Well, later, got to go to bed! Peace!
    Sincerely, Coleman Beasley

8. Monday
    I am reading Nights in Rodanthe. The author’s purpose of this book is to entertain. Although, this book has been very hard to get into, I am going to finish it, only to see what crazy ending Sparks uses this time. I think this book is aimed towards older people, because the characters have just gone through a divorce, and she is telling her daughter the story of how she feell in love with a complete stranger at a bed 7 breakfast one weekend.

Tuesday
    I am going to compare The Last Song with Nights in Rodanthe. Well, as in all of Nicholas Sparksโ€™ books, we find it as a love story. One of the memorable traits that this author uses is to get us emotionally attached, thus making us feel the pain that each and everyone of his main characters faces. I find that in Nights in Rodanthe, the main character falls in love, which, so far, has happened in all of his books and I donโ€™t see it changing anytime soon, but anyways, she is married and falls in love with a doctor while taking some alone time at a friendโ€™s inn. In comparison, Ronnie, the main character in The Last Song, also is visiting a place from her long ago past, and does fall in love unexpectedly. In contrast, Ronnie has time to make mistakes and can fall in and out of love freely, on the other hand Adrienne has already commited 14 years of her life to a man, which complicates the story.

Wednesday
    Nights in Rodanthe relates to character because Adrienne realized that even when all hope is lost, that things can turn around. This changes her character because it gives it hope, and livelyhood. She can not only look forward to seeing Paul again, but on bad days, she can always remember that weekend, and his letters, and know that they will always be together, in their hearts.

Thursday
    Dear Paul,
    After sharing our story with my daughter this past week, I realized only how much I miss you, and want you to be in my life again. It has been so long, and I still have the same love for you I did the first time you grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes. I know this may be a little crazy. But in a few short hours, I will be boarding a plane to come and see you.
    I love you,
    Adrienne.

9. Ok. I started reading act two of Hamlet in Mr.Mayfields class and I only have like 8 more pages until act three. I’m on a reading roll.woooo! So anyways Act two is actually pretty small, there are two scenes in it but scene two is like 30 pages so….. I’m going to blog on the first scene then use scene two for a couple of blogs. Ok lets get started it starts out in Polonius’s house and he is with his servant. As I said in my other blog that Laertes left for Paris. Polonius his dad wants his servant to spy on his son to make sure he doesn’t drink,gamble, or anything like that.When he sends his servant out the door Ophelia walks in with a depressed look on her face. Polonius asks her whats wrong and she tells him while she was sewing Hamlet walks in grabs her arms and studies her from top to bottom and he looked horrible! Polonius asked if she talked to him and she said no. He tells her that he is going to go talk to the king and he walks off.

10. So far in the story of the remake of the PETER PAN story ( Peter and the Sword of Mercy, Wendy has just come to the conclusion that she has no idea of were neverland or peters island is. she looks up some of the names of the old lost boys that her mother had told her and found one that was resonalby close. It turned out to be teddy, the one that was always hungry. Now he was a college professor now and told her were the island was and also about amm. When they arived at the ocean wendy spoke portipose and found another portipose that wasn’t amm. It said that amm had passed away but it was its best friend and that it could take her to see peter and his island. that is were i will end the blog to hold the suspence for now. peace. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜›

11. Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
    tuesday-authors purpose:
    I think the authors purpose is to show what would happen back then if you committed adultery. Today many people do and i think if the consequences were the same then people wouldnt do it. I also think the authors purpose is to show the struggle Hester goes through and to kind of show both sides of the story. Like when Hester is led through the unsympathetic crowd to the platform,where she is to be hung. Standing alone on the platform as punishment for her adulterous behavior, she remembers her past life in England and in European. Suddenly becoming aware of the faces looking up at her, Hester painfully realizes her present is full of shame and punishment. So it sort of puts you in her point of view, but then again it will give you hints and paragraphs about the way the town,other women,and all the other people going against her points of view. Sorry tonight’s is gonna be short I’ve got a lot more homework, sorry Mr Mayfield. ๐Ÿ™‚

12. ๐Ÿ˜› hi mr.mayfield how ya doin
    well i am still reading 39 clues the maze of bones still
    :):(so far i have read that alistair got ambushed by his devious enemies on the way out of customs
    and down at the airport lan kabra asked her uncle if he had a good flight and then she cut offed alistair escape
    :D:(:(:P then she held up a fancy chines doll wearing a blue sateen dress even though natalie kabra was not old enough to carry any thing (her little baby sister)
    :D:P:):(
    bye

13. Okay this week I’m blogging on New Moon.

Mon.- Last week I left off where Edward was about to step out in front of everyone and let everyone know about vampires. Bella, along with Alice, are trying to stop him. Well to get into the city on vampire-day thingy Alice has to bribe the security man and give him a load of cash. He lets them in, their plan is for Bella to jump out of the car, run through a crowd to Edward and hope he sees her in time. There was just something wrong with that to me. I guess it was running, Bella, crowd, not tripping on a limited amount of time. Scary.

Tues.- Bella doe smake it to Edward right before he steps out in front of everyone. Even though he doesn’t the Volturi duards still came! So they take Bella, Alice, and Edward under the city. Then, I get lost when they’re talking about going into different rooms and turning down different hallways. Bella’s creeped out and cold. Edward’s no help about the cold part. ๐Ÿ™‚ So they end up with the Volturi and the argument breaks out.

Wed.- So they (Edward, Bella, and Alice) are with the Volturi and some main things happen. Well, Jane shocks Edward and Bella flips out. Then, the Volturi make Alice and Edward promise that they will turn Bella into a vampire eventually. Edward doesn’t want to promise and Bella wants him to just so she can get turned one day. So Alice promises and finnaly Edward agrees. Aro also tries to get Alice and Edward to join the Volturi for their gifts. But, Edward and Alice say no.

Thurs.- Right before Edward, Alice, and Bella get out of the chamber place that the Volturi stay a bunch of people walk in. Then Bella freaks out and Edward tells her that he wished she hadn’t seen that and I think Bella agrees. After they get on a plane and go back home the Cullen’s all welcome them back. When Edward is taking Bella home, Jacob is there and he brings back Bella’s secret motorcycle and parks it in Charlie’s driveway. Bella gets really mad and Jacob and Edward almost get in a fight. Charlie starts yelling at her and then Bella goes inside and that’s pretty much the end of the book.

Well, I finsihed this weeks blogs. Now, we wait until next week. Have a fun week blogging! BYE! ๐Ÿ™‚ :O ๐Ÿ˜›

14. my blog.
    In Switchbacks I have started a new chapter that is about his days in the warden service. He is trying to get promoted because he has just gotten into the service and has trail duty. the team is run by a person nicknamed Zony. A funny joke in the book is said that a conservationist is someone that believes that when Mother Nature means no, the lady means no. Also from one of my earlier journals Abbott’s Hut is located on Mount Lefroy. Marty is already on Zony’s bad list because he was complianing while he worked about all the horse you know what on the trail and that horse’s were ruining national parks and how they didn’t belong there. B :Dut at that time the Canadian Warden service was primarily mounted and the Chief Warden was on his horse right behind him and his horse made the you know what. That is all I have read today.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰

15. I am now through with peter and the sword of mercy book and let me tell you that in the movie peter pand could just be the adventure after the other adventures in the ship, in the island, in rudoon, and in england. so i am now at a loss of what to read next seeing as i go through book way to fast for my likeing. Anyways i hope that you have enjoyed my blogging on the alternate peter pan story to another story … but this time there is no alternate series. for those spoiler people out there this is going to be a blog about the bok Sir Thursday in the Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix. Arthur Penhaligon and Leaf are trying to return to Earth after their adventures in the Border Sea. While Leaf is able to pass through the front door and return to Earth, a Nithling duplicate of Arthur prevents him from going and he is forced to stay in the Lower House.Dame Primus then tells him that Mister Monday and Grim Tuesday have been assassinated. soon later on, he is drafted into the Glorious Army of the Architect โ€“ where everyone living in the House must serve for 100 years โ€“ inthe Great Maze. The leader of the army is the Fourth Trustee of the Will, Sir Thursday, a Denizen with a very bad temper. The army is in a campaign against the Piper, who is trying to claim the Fourth Key.
    On Earth, Arthur’s double, known as the Skinless Boy, has thrown a hospital near Arthur’s home into panic by infecting staff and patients with a fungus life-form which allows him to read and eventually control their thoughts and actions. This fungus, nicknamed Grayspot, is mistaken for a biological weapon, and the hospital is put under quarantine. Leaf infiltrates the hospital, seeking to get and destroy the object used to create the Skinless Boy: a pocket torn from one of Arthur’s shirts. She succeeds, but is infected by Grayspot in the process. She then leaves the hospital, only to find that the House has appeared above it and cannot be reached from the ground. With the help of a retired pharmacist named Sylvie, Leaf makes her way to Arthur’s house where she uses a special telephone to contact Arthur’s friends and get help, just as the fungus gains full control of her body. Suzy appears and gets the pocket from Leaf and shoots her way into the house and straight to Arthur. Suzy Turquoise Blue arrives and takes the pocket to the House. There, she finds Arthur and Fred, a friend Arthur had made along the way, and joins them in a raid led by Sir Thursday to find and destroy the New Nithlings’ weapon, which is preventing the mechanical floor of the Great Maze from moving. That is were i will end this blog. peace. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜›

16. Wooooo! I am the worlds best shakespeare reader ever[not really]. Do you want to know why? I’ll tell you. I am now on act 3 in Hamlet. I am so proud I might cry. Okay so anyways I’m going to start talking about act 2 scene 2 of Hamlet. Like I said in my last blog Polonius sent his servant to spy on his son Laertes who went to Paris. Ophelia came in and told her father what she Hamlet did to her. Hamlet walked in with his shirt unbuttoned, bags under his eyes, and looked like he didn’t take a bath. Hamlet grabbed Ophelia’s sholders and studied her from top to bottom then he left. Polonius then says that he is going to gomto the king and tell him the reason for why Hamlet is so depressed. By the way they say Hamlet is love struck. Meanwhile in the kings court yard two former students and companions of Hamlet were meeting with the king to discuss the deep deppression that Hamlet is in. He tells Guidenstrem and Rosencrantz that they need to spend time with Hamlet and find out what is the matter with Hamlet. Then Polonius appears with the news of Hamlets deppresion.

17. I just finished my book, so now I am reading ” The Comedy of Errors” by William Shakespeare. But for today, I will still blog about “The Aviators” because I finished it today while I was sitting in the Doctor’s office waiting room. The Characters in the book are well described in all of Griffin’s books, and this book does not fail to meet my standards. All of his characters have their own personalities in which you can figure out what the character will do. For instance, Lieutenant Colonel Craig W. Lowell. He is a very funny and loving person who will do any of his friends almost any favor. He loves what he is doing in the Army, and he hopes to become at least a Major General (which I hope he does). I know this because Griffin’s first books in the “Brother Hood of War series” are written about him and Colonel Sandford “Sandy” Felter. Throughout those books, Griffin used many pages that couldve been left out, but were added to help the reader understand Lowell’s personality.

Anyways, thats it for today yous guys!!! TTyl and Ill hopefully be back at school 2morrow

18. I am reading Nights in rodanthe,its pretty good?Not as good as Dear John and The Last Song. Those books were just amazing, best of all time(:But anyways, Right now it is just the opening giving you most of the background that you will need to get the book,and she is starting to tell her daughter the story of how she fell in love.

19. I didn’t mean to submit that comment!I didn’t finish it.

I am reading Nights in rodanthe,its pretty good?Not as good as Dear John and The Last Song. Those books were just amazing, best of all time(:But anyways, Right now it is just the opening giving you most of the background that you will need to get the book,and she is starting to tell her daughter the story of how she fell in love.
    She has three children,and her and her husband split up 17 years ago. When she was 45. Her daughter has had a hard life, she went through a lot trying to cope with her father leaving. She went to college,and fell in love with Brent. They had two children, and started stuggling financly. But they pulled it together and got life insurance. Then eight months later, Brent died. She went through a big depression. She got away from it some, then she opened a closet and it all came back to her. Her depression came back, her two sons are four and six. And they really don’t know what it is going on, just that their dad is never going to be around again.So her mom decides to tell her the story of about how she fell in love over one weekend, and that she lost her love too. She is trying to teach her that you have to move on if you want to live life again. Her mom has only told this story to one person, and that was her dad who died three years ago. This book compares to The Last Song because they are both love storys, and they both just happened in a short amount of time. Even though Ronnnie’s did happen over months, and Adriennes happened in one weekend. Adriennes love is a older love, even though she was only fourty five, and Ronnie’s was a young childish love but became something more. In both books the women lose their dads, except in The Last Song Ronnie loses her dad when he is younger and she is younger. Adrienne dad dies because he is really old. Dear Paul, I know that you miss me,and I know that you love me. I just really wish that you didn’t have to be over there, and when I saw you get on that plane, I was thinking in my head that you were going to get off and run and hug me. But you didn’t and I knew that it was just a dream, that was never going to happen. I know that the people over there need you, that’s why I just let you go that easy. They need you more than me, they are dying I am just in love. I know that I will never love somebody more than I love you,ever. You are the most amzing person that I have ever met. And I just wish that I could express this to you better,and the only words I know to say it in is:I love you.
    Adrienne

–Stormie(:

20. wednesday-dialectical journals:

*fact-
    The novel takes place during summer 17th century Boston.A young woman, named Hester Prynne,has been led from the town prison with her infant daughter in her arms and on the breast of her gown was the uppercase letter “A” The Scarlet Letter “A” represents the act of adultery.
    *opinion-
    I think the author is trying to set the mood for the book in this scene because it tells how the people yell,gossip, and do all kinds of horrible things to Hester. So i think the author is trying to show how people wouldve acted back then if you did anything to be ashamed of or make people look down on you. I think what she did was wrong but the women and men in the story are horrible to Hester.

*fact-
    Hester’s husband, Roger Chillingworth, who is much older than her, and whose real name is unknown, has sent her to America while he is settling affairs in Europe. However, her husband does not arrive in Boston, and he has been lost at sea.While waiting for her husband, Hester has had an affair, leading to the birth of her daughter.
    *opinion-
    I think if her husband found out he would disown her because he was taking care of business while she was in America doing who knows what. I think the author is trying to show the age difference because when you hear about cheating today it is with mostly younger couples rather than the older “really” in love ones.

21. hi Mr. mayfield
    i am still reading the 39 clues the maze of bones
    so far i have read that after getting through customs at charles de gaulle airport amy felt like she just got beat up by a tornado
    ๐Ÿ˜› and after 8 hours on the plane wedged between dan and nellie with her head phones on high dan was watching a movie and nellie was listening to her awesome music and she was was flipping through a french cook book looking at pictures of snails and goose livers (weird)
    while amy tried to read to be small so she could reed her book and that book was one of the 6 new books that she got down at Philadelphia
    ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜€
    bye

22. I’m lisening to peter eide and bloggin’.wright now, I am reading (well not wright now but in this genereal time) pendragon Book one: the mearchent of death ( what is he going to do ,kill you with redicules prices). this book is based back in medival times (before facebook how did they live) and had to work in mines for this rock so valubel you could of invented facebook.!!!WOW!!!!!!!!! and thier are these things called flumes that you say a name of a teritory and it takes you to it. and thier are these realy big “beast” (may verey for teritory to teritory)

Your book warm,
    rump
    ps. trey were do you get the emotion coms.?

23. Monday:
    This week I am reading the book Bounce. It starts off at the beginning where her Dad, who she calls Birdie, tells everyone he is getting remarried. Evyn, the main charectar is not so happy about the arrangement because she has to move from her friends and family. Her mom had died so she has been wanting a mom, but not one that lives miles away that would make them move.

Tuesday:
    After that, they pack all there clothes and everyone leaves and moves to her house because she is a college professor and that means that she cannot move. When ther arrive there, she is all nice and then Evyn decribes her as short, skinny, and always has a smile on her face. But she doesn’t say that out loud. When they settle in, she meets eveyone in the family. There is aa lot of kids, one younger than her, twins, a boy in her grade, and one boy leaving for college.

Wednesday:
    Then after they are settled in she has dinner with the family. When she sits there she starts out very quiet and sweet (Evyn). Then, she starts to talk with everyone. Finaaly they start talking about how she will be attending a private school and she starts to get really really nervous and the first day of school because the first day of school is usually very scary because you don’t know anyone.

Thuresday:
    The first day of school for her is reallly weird. First she rides the bus wearing her uniform and boots. Then when she gets to school, she goes to first period and she is the only one because she is the only person to pick Latin as a second language, weird huh? Then she is late for math because she couldn’t open her locker which happens to us at CMS a lot. After that she goes to lunch and she has no one to sit by, but then this girl comes up to her and starts talking to her. And that is basicly her first day of school. By the way she has a brother. I forgot to say that. ๐Ÿ™‚

24. Do you have any idea what I would give to have my seat in Mr.mafeld’s class back again? At this point, a lot! Please Mafeld, make your kid’s reading habits a priority! AR is killing me. Not the work load in English, which by the way is a TON, but just having the self initiative to read and know that it counts grades and can kill ur GPA and average! Especially on the HONOR track…… Just a few words from ur wise old alumni! Hope I axcn come and visit on Grad exam week testing! I dont have to go on the Math day until 10;30! woot woot!!!!!

always,
    Sarah

25. Whoever said that about me (I know who you are, Marjorie) you hold down shift press colon and parentheses in that order and it happens.
    shift + : + ) = ๐Ÿ™‚

*Wednesday*
    I think this book compares to change because this book is basically flashbacks and stories that are exaggerated. This means that in between the two of the stories he talks about how things have changed since then. For Example Marty starts out the book like it is a sequel to another book which it is not for what I know, and continues talking about his hiking backpack that he bought before he hiked his first serious mountain. A page later he talks about the story of how he got the rucksack from another hiker at a hiking store run by this famous mountaineer. That’s my blog for Wednesday.

*Thursday*
    Right now in Switchbacks Marty is still talking about the first levels of entry to the Canadian Warden Service. They start out on trail duty and begin with “grub-hoe picks” to clear out trails or fix trails that have been damaged by the avalanches and storms for the hikers who are inexperienced and new to the whole mountain experience. The hikers are like the famous Mexicans who fell and died on Mount Victoria. This is my blog for Thursday.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰

26. Ok so I’m still reading Hamlet by William Shakespeare. I left off with the King and Guidenstrem and Rosencrantz are with him and the King is wanting them to stay with Hamlet and find why Hamlet is looking andn acting so deppresed. They agree and right after that Polonius shows up and confesses that he knows why Hamlet is acting why he is. He calls for the Queen and tells her to listen to Polonius. He spills everything he learned and tells them that he is love struck and he fell so in love with his daughter that he has become deppresed. Which I really don’t think is real but it is Shakespeare anything can happen. Polonius and the King plan to have an encounter with Hamlet and Ophelia to see if it is actually why Hamlet is acting like this. Then Hamlet walks in and they have a conversation and a few times he mentioned him having a daughter but never mentions Ophelias name. After they are done talking the Queen, King, and Polonius leave and his friends walk in for there first encounter.

27. okay i finished Sir Thursday but i might as well go ahead and tell you the rest of the story. Where we left off ther was a spike of nothing preventing the floor of the Great Maze from moving.Arthur destroys the weapon by throwing the pocket into it, simultaneously destroying the Skinless Boy. As Arthur escapes from the Piper with Sir Thursday, he distracts Thursday enough for the fourth part of the Will, a snake with the caracter of justice, to break free, where it makes Arthur the Bearer of the Fourth Key โ€“ a sword or baton depending on the wielder โ€“ and Commander of the Glorious Army of the Architect. With help from Dame Primus and others from the lower house, Arthur defeats the New Nithling army. On Earth, Leaf wakes up in a hospital a week after the Skinless Boy was defeated. She soon learns from a nurse that the Grayspot has disappeared and that Lady Friday, another Trustee, has become a doctor on Earth. That is were the book ended but luckly i have a spare copy of the book Lady Friday as well.At the beginning of Lady Friday, a cleaner tells Leaf that everybody has become infatuated with a “Dr. Friday”, because she is so beautiful and refined; as a result, every member of the staff calls her Lady Friday. Lady Friday, a Denizen and Trustee of the House, is in command of the Middle House. It is later revealed that Lady Friday has kidnapped thousands of people and taken them to Avraxyn, the world that is mentioned in Sir Thursday as the world from which the Skinless Boy’s mind-controlling mold started. There, Lady Friday drains from them their emotions and memories, which she then drinks in order to experience them. Arthur, the Piper, and Superior Saturday all receive messages from Lady Friday, saying she has given up ruling the Middle House and that the first of the three who can reach her Scriptorium in the Middle House can have the Fifth Key and her domain as their own. She sent with each message a transfer plate that would send whoever touched it straight to the Middle House, which is a giant mountain. Arthur accidentally takes the plate and is sent to the Middle House while he still has the Fourth Key. While the Piper is contemplating what to do with his plate, the Piper’s Children Suzy Turquoise Blue and Fred Initial Numbers Gold, along with their loyal New Nithling bodyguard Ugham, grab it and are transferred to the Middle House. In the Middle House, Arthur takes refuge in a Manuscript-Gilding workshop, where he fights off some Fetchers and eventually meets Fred and Suzy. At first, he does not trust them, fearing their allegiance to the Piper; however, they and his own inclinations convince him that they can be trusted. Around their necks are bindings that bend them to the Piper’s will; these are removed by Arthur. While on the way to the Scriptorium, they meet some of the Middle House’s Winged Servants of the Night, who are fighting several of Saturday’s forces, known as Artful Loungers. Arthur defeats four of the them, earning the friendship of the former. While flying to the mountain, on which is the Scriptorium, Arthur finds the Fifth Part of the Will in the lair of the Winged Servants. This part of the Will , a bizarre creature having the head of a fox, the upper torso of a bat, the lower body of a blue dragon, and four legs, is much more likable than the other parts; it is stated that this part, presumed to embody the fellings of moderation, is the part without which the Will has no self-control. When Arthur reaches the Scriptorium, he finds that the Piper has apparently killed Saturday’s Dusk. The Piper orders Ugham to pick up what is supposed to be the Fifth Key; when Ugham does so, it opens a hole into the Void of Nothing, instantly dissolving him. This is apparently a trap set by Lady Friday. As the hole gets bigger, Arthur decides to use the Fourth Key, even if it turns him into a Denizen, to close the hole. One Key is not sufficient to accomplish this task; therefore the Will tells him to imagine that he is holding all the Keys. He does this, at which he is suddenly holding them all. He fixes the hole and uses the Improbable Stair, the Architect’s own personal transport, to transport himself, Suzy, and Fred to Monday’s Dayroom. There, butler Sneezer uses the Seven Dials to transport Suzy, Fred, Arthur, and their friend Dr. Scamandros to Friday’s hideout. WOW! That was a lot of typing! Anywho this is where I will stop the blog tonight. Peace. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜›

28. read artemis fowl the opal deception. starts with the brill brothers breaking out opal koboi and replacing her with a clone. opal is planning to kill artemis, butler, holly short, and julius root, then joining the humans in destroying the people and becoming the most powerful person in the world. 1st, artemis steals the fairy thief, a priceless painting that’s been stolen at least 18 times. artemis gets it, then brings it back to the kronski (odd, the last book’s villan is named damon kronski, somebody running out of ideas?;) ) where a bio bomb is detonated over the tube the painting came in. artemis and butler, though, are on top of the shed 3 stories down, bleeding over a matress butler grabbed before jumping over the balcony with artemis ๐Ÿ™‚ holly has been battling opal, not literally, but trying to outsmart opal. opal decides to blow up root, which works, unfortunately. Holly the save artemis and that’s all i read. bye

29. Monday

I have finished reading Number the stars. It is very interesting book. A summary of what I read is that The resistance brought the jews to swedain. Peter dies because he is caught by the nazis. It is very sad at the end of the book.

Tuesday

I think the authorโ€™s purpose is to entertain and to inform because the book tells you about what it was like in world war 2. So its realistic fiction. The book tells facts, yet it is very interesting at the same time. I like books that are not all facts, but I don,t like that many books without facts.

Wednesday

I think the book relates to change because Ann Marie changes throughout the book. Her friend Elen also has to change her jewish act and start to act like normal people, otherwise the nazis will kill her. She changed and finally made it to swedain.

Thursday

This book is like another book I read, called life on the plains. They are alike because they are both based in the 1940s and both of them are about war. One is about a boy and one is about a girl. both books are really good. bye

30. Thursday-Scarlett Letter~note:

Dear Roger Chillingworth,
    I thought i would make you aware that your younger wife has had an affair. While you were away in Europe taking care of some business she has been betraying you. She has now had the baby of the man she had the affair with and she is in prison. I hope you understand why i am telling you this because i thought you should know because i really doubt that she is going or willing to tell you. Us “real” wives would never cheat on our husbands, but then again you did marry way younger than yourself,dont take this the wrong way mr chillingworth, but if you wouldnt have left her alone in the first place maybe this wouldnt have happened. Now i am sorry that i had to be the one to inform you, I hope your travel home is safe.
    Sincerely,
    Wife of the Town

31. hi Mr. mayfield how ya doing ๐Ÿ™
    i am still reading the 39 clues the maze of bones (go figure) ๐Ÿ˜€
    so far i have read that dan was trying to spot asking irina spasky about the street rue de rivoili because he thought it meant “the street of ravioli but he did not ask because he thought amy would laugh at him ๐Ÿ˜›
    and dan wanted to check out the beautiful glass pyramids at the louver and the crazy funny street performers who were juggling stuff that they could find out side of tuileries garden ๐Ÿ˜€
    and there was also a vendor machine selling creme glaseรฉ which dan thinks is ice cream ๐Ÿ˜›
    bye ๐Ÿ™
    p.s rump the way that you get the smiley face icons you hold down the shift key and press this : then the hold the shift for D, P, ), ( so it would turn out like this ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜€

32. blogiging left handed for the night its very hard plus im depressed. we lost our first game against chelsea. im writing for all the crips who cant write. boo yah yall. jonathon seale you owe me.

first, im reading the book of macbeth. yes im reading it here at my house so im good. well i dont have the book but i do have the internet so i can get it always.

mon. journals,
    dear macbeth,
    why do you want to kill the king duncan. after he is found dead i predict that they will figure you as the murder because he was at your house, and plus isnt he your cousin. come on man who kills there freakin cousin. thats just wrong. that like killing your grandfather or something. i hope that maybe as i read along you thnk the same i do.

ps
    your wife is just playing tat role as your coach in killing someone and being a man becuase she wants to be queen. you dont have to have shakespeare write that one down in iambic pantameter for ya to figure that out.

tuesday journals
    i think that this book compares alot to a midsummers night dream. first of all there is a lot of contreversy, dont judge me cuase i dont know how to spell that word, and then there is some funny parts and then again there is more conflict and chaos. they also resemble by the moods. in some scenes in macbeth they are comedy and some in midsummer are funny. like in midsummer hermia loves lysander but her dad doesnt approve and then they run away with each other and happy time. in macbeth macbeth is faced with a huge army before him who he has to fight with an army of well trained soldiers and he wins the battle and is pronouncer cowador, happy time.

wednesday journals,
    i think that the conflict in this story is internal with macbeth. he keeps debating to himself whether or not he should kill the king. he wants to trust the witches because they said he would be cowador and then king. so he fights with himself wheter or not it was witchcraft or just a coinsidence. i believe that this conflict will keep going throughout the play. in fact i believe that the story will just live off this conflict way throughout the story.

thursday journals
    the summary of this book could just be done in maybe a few words but i think that because i have to type five minutes then i guess i can do a little better ob for all us crippin people in then world. macbeth is told by these three witch sisters that he about to be king. since he has won a war for duncan he decides to have him over to his castle where after he declares macbeth cawador he then goes to bed. macbeth frets the fact that the witches got the cawador thing right. he then decides he cant wait because witchcraft may where off so he decides to murder duncan but is not man eough. he nor his wife.

fiday journals,
    all done with journals. writing all these today but making it look like i did em over the week.

ps
    shakespeare is hard

33. Book: Orel Hershiser

*WEDNESDAY* (Author’s Purpose)

The author’s purpose is to still tell about the World Series against the Mets (you have to play several games against the opposing team and in the book, there are several chapters about the games, so this is why i am blogging on the same game, because the Dodgers are still playing the Mets for like the second or third time.) Anyway, with only one out, one of the youngest rookie singled on the first pitch. The BIG hitter, Keith Hernandez was up to bat. He swung, and the Dodgers defense turned a double play and gave Orel a break. Orel said that he was glad his defense held them and stopped that play because he needed a break off of the mound. He said that he just wasnt feeling too comfortable because he wasnt hitting his spots and targets very well. Steve Sax and the rest of the Dodgers jumped on the Mets early when he hit a lead off single, stole to second base, and scored when Mike Marshall singled off of his broken bat. The bat landed in front of Strawberry, the pitcher:-). Orel walked when he got up to bat with full count from Dwight Gooden. Hernandez plays first base and him and Orel were talking to each other (not mean, though or bragging). Well, that’s all i got to today, I will blog again about the game either in a minute, or next week, depends if i get to that part.

*THURSDAY* (Conflict)

There is external conflict because EVERYBODY wants to win, and some players show their emotions for it. Orel Hershiser is one of those people. Whenever Orel misses his targets, he gets upset with himself. I mean everyone who play or is involved with sports are competitive (Me:-) . Also, fans are very competitive too. They cheer loud when their team makes an outstanding play, and they cheer when their team wins. But, when their team makes an error or a terrible mistake, or when there is a bad call made, and if their team loses, the fans will get upset. Thats just how almost everyone is, especially boys (Me:-) ). well, got to go to school, BYE!

34. Jane Roberts was the average girl next door until she and her best friend, Scarlett Harp, landed their own reality show, L.A. Candy. Now the girls have an all-access pass to Hollywoodโ€™s hottest everything. But thereโ€™s more to life on camera than just parties and shopping. . . .
    When photos of Jane are given to the press, she finds herself at the center of a tabloid scandal. She turns to her co-star Madison Parker for help, unaware that Madison is scheming behind the scenes. She might be Janeโ€™s shoulder to cry on, but does Madison really have Janeโ€™s back?
    Scarlettโ€™s working on a scandal of her own. Sheโ€™s fallen for someone whoโ€™s strictly off-limitsโ€”which means Scarlett has a big secret to keep from the L.A. Candy cameras, the paparazzi staking out her apartment, even from her best friend.Of course, nothing stays secret for long for the stars of the newest hit TV series, and all this drama couldnโ€™t be better for ratings. But can Jane survive another season in the spotlight?
    In television star Lauren Conradโ€™s dishy, entertaining novel about young Hollywood, the lies are only as sweet as the people telling them.

Monday-authors purpose:
    I think the authors purpose is to tell the true story behind what reality television is like. She would know she is on the โ€œThe Hillsโ€ and is one of the main characters. Lauren Conrad and her friends go through struggles just like the characters in the book, so the characters are probably based or twisted a little bit off of true events. I think she wants to show people that reality tv isnt all fun and games it can tare you apart because if you have even the tiniest secret it will get out on camera. I also think it would be terrible to always have a camera shoved in your face and no privacy. So i think her purpose is to one entertain, but also inform people on how reality tv really works.

Tuesday-ransom note
    Dear Scarlett,
    I know about your little so called love. I know what will happen if i go to the paparazzi. I was thinking about going to them and telling them all about the little news i just found out. However if you dont want me too i wont,only on one condition. You must take me to every social Hollywood party you go to in the next two months and say that i am your new best friends. If you dont,well just be prepared to see your face on a whole lot of magazines. Text me with your decision heres my number,oh dont even try and guess my number because it is a dumb pre-paid not my real one,hahaha,you thought you would figure it out! Well youโ€™re wrong!!! (123)456-7890 XOXO <3

Wednesday-character:
    Almost all the characters are your pretty typical LA girl,you think of. Always wanna be in the spotlight,love you shop,lots of drama,boyfriend scandals,photo scandals, and pretty much all the drama and unimportant stuff you here on all those reality star updates. I think most of the characters are based off of real people from the show (LAUREN CONRAD "THE HILLS"),because most of the things that happen in the book happen on the show. She might have twisted the truth just a tad bit but probably at the base of it all some is true, the books name is sweet little LIES. But yeah i think the characters are sorta in common with each other because if switched the positions around they would probably do the same thing to each other.

Thursday-dialectical journals:
    *fact-girls have an access pass to Hollywood's hottest everything.
    *opinion-I think it is kind of strange that they went from your average girls next door to being pretty much famous and getting in where ever they want.Just because they are on a reality tv show they get to do pretty much whatever they want to do and nobody really can give a care or say anything because they wont listen. So what im saying is the show and fame probably got into their heads.

*fact-The girls soon find out that the show is way more than just partying and shopping.
    *opinion-Like i said on the last one the fame and show got to their heads and they didnt realize that instead of positive things written about them the paparazzi twists everything and makes it seem like they are horrible people. When They went on the show i think they didnt know that everyone was probably going to see there every move. And now that there has been bad photos and stories put out there they probably wish they had thought things through before rushing into the show. this book is amazing!

35. sorry so late. busy weekend. i started a new book called The Tomorrow Code. It’s about these two kids who have been best friends since kindergarten and they are now in high school. Their names are Tane and Rebecca. Tane has an older brother nicknamed Fatboy.

Rebecca’s dad has died, so her mom is all depressed and won’t do anything. Which reminds me of The Young Man and the Sea; how the dad won’t do anything after his wife died. They’re also similar because the child in the family has to try to work everything out.

Anyway, Rebecca has just found out that her mom hasn’t been paying any bills, and they are about to lose their house.

Rebecca is a genius in science and Tane is a very good artist. A few days before the bad news, they were talking about futuristic stuff. About if you could send messages through time with some radio transmitter and somebody who had a transmitter in the past would receive it. Rebecca said, that’d be impossible because they wouldn’t have invented it. Then after the bad news, Tane mentioned, well could someone send something from the past to here? Rebecca thought about it, and denied it. Then Tane said what if someone was sending messages to us from the future right now, but we don’t have a transmitter. All we have to do is build one, and we’d get messages.

That’s as far as I’ve gotten. I think they’re about to build one, and see if it works. By the summary on the back of the book, they’re going to get messages and receive numbers. They don’t know what they are at first, but they realize that they are lottery numbers. Whih means they are going to get Rebecca’s house back. Man, the back of the book just told me what was gonna happen…I’ll be reading a new book this week…

36. still reading the vampire diaries….
    1- so now, bonnie keeps having dreams where elena is telling her something, but she can’t completely understand what it is that she’s saying. if i were her, i would use my psychic powers to get in contact with her in the spirit world and figure out what she’s trying to say… after all, she has an overview of everything…..

37. my bad didn’t mean to submit that until i put in the other three……
    2- okay stefan is not himself anymore. he used to be a good vampire, like the one who only drank when he had too, and never drank human blood. but now that elena’s gone, he’s different. he’s violent and out-of-control. him and elena were two parts of a whole, and now there’s only a half.
    3- now bonnie just had a dream where her and elena were sitting in a nice field, drinking tea, when all of a sudden, elena turns into a big ugly monster, and the whole field turns into an ugly, grey area. now whe knows that something’s up, she just has to figure out what it is. same thing as i said earlier… i would just get in touch with her spirit.
    4- caroline is now having a party with bonnie, meredith, and a few other girls. finally, the girls talk bonnie into getting caroline’s parent’s aouja board and talking to elena. caroline is too lazy to go get it herself, so she decided to send one of the other girls to go get it. so she goes downstairs, opens the closet, and lets out a huge scream…..