mercedes marathon week

sure,
i could begin by discussing anything and everything else in the world, but i have a one-track mind, and it’s unfortunately tracked towards a date with a half-marathon this weekend in downtown – so thus the title

as for reading, i read “into thin air” by jon krakauer last week – wonderful read – tragic story – group of hikers on everest – 11 died in one day – all were left with scars from the experience – lesson? you can’t tame a mountain, and even the “safest” ways to go can pose problems

got a 1980 book on running over the weekend – it’s been interesting to compare it to current running thinking – one thing is true… there’s only so many ways to write about the experience – and then it’s recycled material unless you can write in a better way (i guess like life – there’s only so many things out there to write about – so good writing does that in a better way)

magazines – read about the us olympic winter games team – read things about the ipad – finished all the way through deuteronomy in the old testament (lots of laws and “be strong and courageous”)

hope your reading week is a good one – i have a couple of books at the library i’m hoping will come in

sincerely,
mafeld

37 thoughts on “mercedes marathon week”

1. Monday,
    I have began to read a new Sparks book named Nights in Rodanthe. The sole purpose behind Sparks writing this riveting tale is to entertain. He does this through capturing his audience with detailed descriptions, and he really relates to his characters by giving similar situations as to which many people face in the US. He can relate to me in many of his books because most of them are set in small towns. For example, in Dear John, he starts describing the town as a town with about 20 churches within the city limits. I can relate to that because in the Shelby, Columbiana, and Wilsonville city limits you very well can find about 20-30 churches. I think this is a very memorable trait that sparks uses in all of his books.

Tuesday,
    I am going to compare The Last Song with Nights in Rodanthe. Well, as in all of Nicholas Sparks’ books, we find it as a love story. One of the memorable traits that this author uses is to get us emotionally attached, thus making us feel the pain that each and everyone of his main characters faces. I find that in Nights in Rodanthe, the main character falls in love, which, so far, has happened in all of his books and I don’t see it changing anytime soon, but anyways, she is married and falls in love with a doctor while taking some alone time at a friend’s inn. In comparison, Ronnie, the main character in The Last Song, also is visiting a place from her long ago past, and does fall in love unexpectedly. In contrast, Ronnie has time to make mistakes and can fall in and out of love freely, on the other hand Adrienne has already commited 14 years of her life to a man, which complicates the story.

Wednesday,
    This book relates to character in many ways, Adrienne is trying to help her daughter, Amanda, end the grieving stage of her husband because she needs to be there for her kids. She can only relate to Amanda by telling her what happened that weekend in Rodanthe, her father being the only one who knew, seeing that he’s now dead, no one knows. Since she is now divorced, and has nothing to lose she embarks on the emotional recallings that are vividly marked in her mind, and begins to tell her daughter. She has been divorced for 17 years, and I think this shows a great deal of character, considering that she has had no desire to remember anything of that weekend for the the past years.

Thursday,

Dear Mom,
    After hearing you talk about that weekend with Paul in Rodanthe, I have come to realize that the things that you said, shows that you were in love. I am regretful for saying that you have never been in love, and I know it must have hurt you to hear those words come out of my mouth, knowing that I only knew half of my mother when I said them. I now have an overbearing amount of respect for you, considering that you only told one person in these 17 years. I don’t know if I will ever be able to stop grieving over Brian, but I know that since you shared your story with me, that I will be able to get over it, and do what is best for my kids. I love you so much, and I have so much thankfullness for you.

Love,
    Amanda.

2. First things first. Mr. Mayfield, do you always read at least one book a week about running?

Okay now for my journal.

I am still reading Switchbacks of course, hard read, The author is telling an auto biography, the reason I know is because it is in first person and the people in the book call the author by his name. This book is about the Canadian Rockies. The reason that I am reading this book is because in July we are taking a trip to basically Calgary in Alberta, Canada. My mom wanted me to read two books set there. That is my blog for tonight.

By the way Mr. Mayfield I hopefully will be there Sunday to watch you finish.

🙂 🙁 😛 😀 😉

3. I know I didn’t finish The Palace of Laughter but this book I’m reading is great to talk about. Surprisingly I started reading Hamlet by William Shakespeare. I know it’s a college leveled book but its good to challenge your self to new levels. I’ve gotten to Act 1 Scene 3 and so far it’s pretty good even though half the words in there were out of my vocabulary. After a while I got used to the words and picked up with the drift.So…….I’m going to start typing about Act 1 Scene 1. It’s weird that in this act they don’t even mention Hamlet the main character. Anyway, It starts out eith three guards named Bernardo,Haratio, and marcellous. They brought the leader of them to show them of a sighting of a ghost they saw appear exactly at 1:00 a.m. They wait there nfor the ghost to appear. Right when the bell rings at the front of the castle indicating 1:00 a.m. they see a white blur out at the distance. It slowly walks its way closer to them and they all see King Hamlet there last king that just passed away standinng in the same armor he was wearing when he went to go fight the king of Norway which is where he died. They all tried to talk to him but he just stood there not talking. He turned his back and started to walk away. One guard tried throwing his spear at it to get its attention. They finally decided to get Prince Hamlet[his son] to talk to his gost dad.

4. Book: Orel Hershiser

A summary of what i read is basically talking about all the games Orel pitched in and the miracles and the bad errors the team made. The Dodgers are competing against the Astros because the Astros are in second place and the Dodgers are in first. One game, the catcher let a very wild throw get passed him and Kirk Gibson happened to be dancing off of second base and stole third. After rounding third, Gibson stole home and made it before the catcher could get the ball out of his hands and toss it to his pitcher, trying to make the out but failed. YES!!! Kirk Gibson won the game for the Dodgers!

5. The authors purpose is to confirm to the reader that the Los Angeles Dodgers won the World Series in 1988. What I just read talks about how that particular season went and that Orel and his wife, Jamie, gave birth to their second son and named him Jordan. The Dodgers won the World Series because they practiced and worked hard at the sport that they loved. They came to practice to get the job done that their coach expected and their fans. The players showed good effort and made good decisions while running the bases. They paid close attention to who was on base and they made some great hits. Although the Dodgers lost a few games during their regular season, they played as if they wanted to win the World Series and did just that.

6. hi mr.mayfield i am still reading 39 clues the maze of bones
    now i have read that amy could live in the top secret library but that is a living death trap for her
    because when she saw the dark wood shelves, the leather covered books, and all of that fancy stuff and then she had a hart attack ( because she was stupefied)
    then she brought dan to the secret death trap (a.k.a the secret library)
    and they were commenting about how fancy,awesome, and cool it looks
    then dan was saying that he could make some money by selling some of this stuff like on eBay
    bye

7. 1-Okay well Dear John was amazing. I am in love with Nickolas Sparks books. Well we left and went back for his leave and they was writing each other again and talking on the phone. Well months go by and he is getting ready for his next leave to go home. A couple of weeks and his leader comes and gets him and tells him his father suffered a massive heart attack. So he leaves early. Instead of going and see savannah he goes to the hospital and spends his whole leave with his father. He and savannah get to go out to eat a couple of times and stuff like that but nothing like the last time. 3 days before John had to go back his father got to go home. John got someone to look after his father while he was gone. Once he gets back it is nothing like it was before he left. All he could think about was his father and what savannah thought about all of it. He knew she went to his house a couple of times to check up on his father.
    2- His crew notices something is different with him. But they don’t ask. They know he would rather keep it to himself rather that tells someone. That is how they all feel about it. In a couple of months the twin towers get bombed. All of his men feel like they need to sign up for another year. So when he tells savannah she is upset that they won’t be able to start their life together as fast as she thought but she is proud of him for doing what he feels right for his country. Savannah gets her degree and starts her new life without John beside her. They keep writing and talking on the phone to each other.
    3- He and she feels like things have changed between them. But what did he expect to happen they were away from each other and rarely got to talk to each other on the phone and got each other’s letters every 10 days. He doesn’t know if it is bad that he doesn’t think of her every day all day like the rest of his men did about their wife’s and girlfriends. She tells him she is sorry for what she has done and she understood if he never wanted to talk to her again. She tells him that she has fell in love with another man. She didn’t mean to do it but it happened. John gets mad but sad and doesn’t know what to do. So he goes and works out for the whole night. He barely sleep in the past 3 nights. All he can think about is why. Why did she do this? What made her need someone else? What made him better than him? That is all he could think about for about days.
    4- He loved her and she loved her at one time but I guess not anymore. He didn’t tell his men what had happened. He didn’t want them to ask why and stuff like that. So did what he needed to do during the day and at night sometimes and the rest of the time he was think about savannah and what had happened between them and all the good times they have had together. When some of his men were leaving for months at a time because there wife’s were pregnant. How he wished he could leave and go and see savannah. Ask all the question he wanted to. And to see the man who took savannah away from him. And try to get her back. He was not the same without her. Now I am reading last song. I hopw it is as good as dear john was.

8. I’m doing my journals today for monday and tuesday. I am reading the book Battle Fleet. It is about a boy (Sam) who is 15 years old. He and his friend Richard are on a boat called The Orion. They both have experience out on sea but they are with a whole new crew so they might as well not have ever sailed before. I was reading on the bus today and a stincky kid sat beside me and bout that time in the book it was talking about where sam was saying how he slept in the same cabin as all the other guys and how it would really stink when they went to go to sleep. That part really touched me i had the same experience as sam. One day Sam was scrubbing the deck and Captain Henry Evison came up to him and asked him if he was good with pets. Sam didnt say anything and the captain just said come with me so sam followed. Once they entered the room sam noticed a cakatoo. He knew immediately he was going to have to take care of the bird for the captain. Sam thought it would be bad having the bird but the bird was a total chick magnet it got him all thebabes on the boat after that he made shure to take care of that bird forever. That was all i read these past 2 days. 🙂

9. Ok, still trying to figure out Shakespeare but so far so good. My main objective is to read one act out of Hamlet. Thats about 85 pages of Shakesspeare which is pretty challenging for me but its weird how these words put together make something like a story. In my opinion everybody should read Shakespeare at my grade[6th grade]. This book will really extend your vocabulary. So……….. I’m going to blog about Act 1 Scene 2. This scene isn’t more of an exciting type of scene it’s mostly talk. It starts out with the new king[Hamlets Uncle] giving a speech about King Hamlet and his death. By the way Hamlets Uncle is married to Hamlets Mom which is very wrong but back then i guess they believed that was alright. He sends his messengers to tell the King of Norway to pull his military forces back because the King of Norway was sending forces to take there land. He sends them off and everybody leaves. Hamlet stays and the three guards come and tell Hamlet of the sightings of his dad. They told him the time and place and the guards left.

10. Sick with strep and my mom is still making me do these blogs. I am going to do them on my new Phone. Its awesome and it makes this easy. Att are liars cause I have sprint and talk on the phone and surf the web. Verizon can’t. But sprint can.

I am still reading taken becaue justus let me borrow it before I got sick and it is a good book. First off I’m going to do the comparison. I think that the book compares most like to its movie taken. The compare most in two ways. They are the title which they are both titled taken and secondly they are both about a girl who’s father has made there family well off and while the girl is home alone she is taken just like in the movie. Its cool. The movie and the book. I hope to finish them both. That’s right I have only seen the beginning but that’s enough to compare with right.

Now I’m gonna do my genre thinga a jig. It is gonna be a ransom note. Of coure it is because its the only thing of two that I can do. So here goes.
    Dear girl,
    I really just want to slap you. I know that it is wrong to hit a girl but when the kidnapper is paying absolutely no attention to you. And gives you the oppurtunity escape and you don’t. Its really stupid for you. I don’t want toi talk to you anymore so I’m going to stop writing and yoU probably won’t get this. Why am I even writing anymore if I’m not sending it to you.

Now I’m gonna do the conflict.
    The conflict is obvisiously between the girl and the the kidnappers. I mean if I was the girl I would definetly call it a conflict. Who wants to be kidnapped. Not me. I would be throwing some puches. So definetly the main conflict is between the girl and the kidnappers. A big conflict which may be resolved by the kidnappers giving her up but maybe they won’t or maybe they will.

11. So I was thinking, and I decided that vampires_that_sparkle is an apropriate name for Twilight saga blogging. So, 1st off, I have to say some things that will maybe get me extra credit like Trey. Dear Mr. Mayfield, you are the most awesomest (I know that isn’t a word) teacher in the world. Your writting is very, hmmm, good. (That’s the best word my blond brain could think of 🙂 I think it’s cool you can read a book about running every week, because it would drive me even more insane than I already am. (As Marjorie says) Okay, enough of that-blogging.

New Moon

Mon.- So like basically in the begining, Edward leaves. The book goes completley downhill from there if you ask me. So she gets all depressed and Charlie tries to send her back home to live with Renee. Then, she starts hanging out with Jacob Black. She sort of hangs out with her old friends. The don’t really care for her anymore. She won’t listen to music or anything. So Jacob sort of as she says- stitches the whole in her chest back together. Then one day she goes to the movies with Mike and Jacob. Mike gets sick and then Jacob gets a fever…..

Tues.- After Jacob gets a fever, she can’t see him anymore. She starts worrying. One day she decides to go to Jacob even without callong or anything. Oh yeah I left out a big part-silly me- about how in La Push there’s a gang of guys. jacob starts hanging out with them. Bella eventually figures out that Jacob is a werewolf, and so are all of the other Q guys. (That’s what I’m going to call it because I can’t spell it) At that point she thinks she only hangs out with a bunch of freaks-vampires and werewolves.

Wed.- If I were her, I would think the same thing. The force of gravity pulls her to monsters. I don’t think I skipped much here, but I;m going to the part where Bella jumps of a cliff. She decides to go cliff diving one day after she has a day to herself. She jumps off and nearly drowns. In the meantime Jacob saves her and one of Charlie’s friends dies. Not a good time to jump off a cliff. Well she gets better and one day Alice shows up at their house. None of the Cullen’s know. Bella is happy though. One day when Alice is gone hunting or something Jacob is at Bella’s house. Someone calls and they say it’s Dr. Carlisle Cullen. When Alice gets back shortly after, she says it was really Edward. Jacob told him that Charlie was gone to a funeral. Edward thinks that Bella is dead.

Thurs.- Almost done! So Edward is trying to go to the Volturi so theyw ill kill him, you know becaus ehe has this thing where he can’t live wwithout Bella. Alice and Bella are traveling to the Volturi to tell Edward that Bella is alive. Alice can see that Edward is going to ask Volturi if the will kill him and they say no. Edward then plans to step out in the town square and reveal vampire sto the world on the day-of-vampires or whatever. Can Bella stop them??? I will blog next week, even though that practically everyone knows because like everyone has already read these books until now except me.

Please excuse my spelling errors. Have a great week blogging! BYE! 🙂 😉 😛

12. My journal for Tuesday.

Okay I am reading Switchbacks. But as Mr. Mayfield says who cares about the book, just talk about how great it is to come to school and sit at the feet of the greatest teacher in the world! I’m just joking. For my real journal the author is still just telling about his adventures in the Canadian Rockies hiking in Banff and Jasper National parks. In the story I am at right now he is in the 1963 which I think but I’m not positive is when the story that we are in the Lit. Book is set. He is talking about the store where he bought his first climbing gear and the mountain and person that taught him how to do the “mountain walk” as he refers to it as. This style of walking is performed on a large mountain so that you do not have to stop every ten minutes and rest.This is my blog.

🙂 🙁 😛 😀 😉

13. hi Mr. Mayfield waz-up
    i am still reading 39 clues the maze of bones
    so far i have read that dan always wanted to ride in a police car (who wouldn’t want to ride in one) but not like this riding in one with saladin in his lap after inhaling so smoke plus he did not have his inhaler
    and amy was with him
    it started when there was a fire in a building that they were “sopositly was framed”but some other person did it i think his name asmen or some thing like that
    bye

14. Finally i’m done with one whole act out of Hamlet the hardest book i will probally ever read. I have to admit this was a pretty amazing book while others just give there opinion on it without actually reading it. What i’m trying to say is don’t judge a book by its cover…literally. Even though i didn’t read the whole thing I still thought it was very exciting. I won’t be able to blog about all scenes in act 1 but i will finish it next week. So……. I’m going to blog about act 1 scene 3. This is probally my least favorite scene but I just have to get through it. In Hamlet it doesn’ stay with one person it changes from one setting to another and a different character to another. It went to the house of Polinus and Laertes and his sister Ophelia step in. Laertes[brother] is sailing somewhere I have not yet figured out but it probally has something to do with what was happening during Shakespeares time. Laertes after that conversasion talks to Ophelia about her love for Hamlet and not to be driven by lust. There dad walks in and the brother leaves with a goodbye. Then again Ophelia and him also get into an argument about her love for Hamlet and his love for her. Thats pretty much it without going into details. Peace OUT!!

15. Okay,officially in love with Nicholas Sparks! I am about to be done with the Last Song, and already finished Dear John, i cried so hard. I am sure that I am going to cry in the last song too! But it is kind of weird because I always read during math because it is so boring and i know that Mr. Turner sees my I guess he just chooses to ignore me since I have a A in his class, but he also tries to talk to me about my books i am reading he did with dear john and the last song, it just makes things awkward? But anyways, I am very ready for the run this weekend! My grandmother says that if it is snowing we aren’t going, that we just made a charitable donation, and she also said that she is not looking forward to saturday! But i was like you are gonna feel really bad about saying that when I win(:
    But anyways, journals.
    Right now Will just met her dad, and they played liar poker, which is a tradition in there family. And she also met his family. She could tell that his mom did not like her, because of the way that she dressed. And she just thought that she wasn’t good enough for will. But she loved his dad, and he seemed to like her also. He showed her his plane while will was getting ready. His dad is really nice, and it seems like him and will get along really well. I think that the moral of this book is not to judge a book by its cover, because sometimes you are wrong and other times you are right you never know and if you automatically write someone off as bad you could be missing out on a lot. Like how ronnie did that to will when he ran into her trying to get the volley ball and she thought that he was just a good rich kid and she did that to ashley but she happened to be right about ashley. And will’s mom did the same thing to ronnie, but i don’t know how that is going to turn out yet, but its not like ronnie is a bad kid. She didn’t actually shoplift, blaze put the CD’s in her bag.Blaze, I really don’t know why you hate me so much? I never did anything to you. Marcus was the one who started messing with me i never said that i wanted to go on a walk with him, he asked me to and i said no. And he made it seem like I wanted to. But I didn’t. But it doesn’t really matter now, but please tell the police what you did. They said you won’t get in trouble! You just have to tell them the truth, and about marcus and everything! Please Blaze.-Ronnie.

–Stormie(:

16. hi mr.mayfield whats-up
    so far i have read that a mile away in copley square irina spasky code name is team five
    and she was worrying about the poison that she thought she had in her fingernail polish (crazy) that had an unusual mixture in it that was not in her usual nail polish
    ad with the cold war the kgb colleagues were using poison injecting umbrellas or the toxins from spray paint and sprayed in on the toilet seats back in the old days
    bye

17. This week I wanted to start reading the book called “Bounce” from the series of “Perfect”, but I haven’t been able to get to the library because none of the teachers would let me so I had borrow my sister’s book, “Lovely Bones”.

Monday:
    Lovely Bones is about a girl, Susie Salmon, who is murdered by someone, but no one knows who. One day, the little girl is walking to school (because back then in the 70’s no one really thought people would kidnap people or rob people or anything like that) with her sister and she noticed that someone was watching her and she really didn’t think anything of it, which I would have ran and called the cops, but whatever. Then after school she was walking home through a cornfield and her neighbor, an old man that lives next door, asks her to come and look at a fort that he made underground and she went and looked in it and that is all I have read so far.

Tuesday:
    While she is in there he starts talking to her, first of all I wouldn’t have even gone in there because first of all I wouldn’t have been walking through a cornfield at night by myself anyways because I am a scaredy cat and I admit it, but anyways she tries to leave and he won’t let and her and eventually she tries to leave and he attacks her and her kills her and puts her in a bag inside a safe. It’s really scary so far. I’m shaking just talking about it.

Wednesday:
    Then after they found out she was dead her mom is like really depressed and leaves her family, which I think is really dumb because why would you leave your family at a bad part of your life or why would you leave your family period? Then they all are trying to find out who did it and everyone is really sad and scared. Then their grandmother comes to help out. Then her sister notices that their neighbor is really suspicious, so she breaks into his house, which is a dumb idea, and he comes home and notices she is there and he comes and chases her and she jumps out the window and gets away. So he decides to get rid of the body because she has evidence that he did it. Then she gives it to the police and they go looking for him but he is not there. They don’t find him but he dies.

Thursday:
    Mr. Hobbs,
    I know you killed my sister. If you don’t turn yourself in now and tell the police about her and all the other people you killed I will. Maybe they will send you to prison or maybe not. Maybe they will kill you too.
    -Anonymous

18. Okay my blog for Wednesday. But first Vampires_that_sparkle person (BTW I know who you are) I haven’t read the Twilight books, well actually I read half of Twilight and did not like it so I gave it up.

My journal. (I wish I actually had something interesting to tell)

I Switchbacks Sid Marty is hiking a couple of different mountains and he gets the story of who built the hut on top of the mountain and all the little details of it. The story of why he built the cabin is because he didn’t want clients to have to hike down the huge climb in pitch black dark and just go down in the morning. Another story is if you stand on the roof then you can have one foot in Alberta and one foot in British Columbia. That’s all folks! 🙂

BYE!

19. Monday

Hey! I’m reading Catching Fire and it’s good. So after the president Snow incident katniss is made a barbie doll. Well, actually and i quote “Cinna’s going for girly not sexy”. Anyways, Cinna and Katniss have talked a lot latley on the telee. Mostly about Katniss’s talent. She has to have a talent to show the capital and “her” talent is designing clothes. Cinna and she are close…..too close?

20. Tuesday

Hey it’s Usain Bolt. I’m reading Catching Fire. After I finished typing my other blog, I thought what if Mrs. Collins wrote that when Katniss first got to Peeta she shot him to…..uh…..keep him out of his misery. That’s my excuse for killing Peeta. Then the Capitol would not be mad at Katniss, she could love Gale, and She would still win and be rich and stuff. That is not the way she wrote it though. Oh well, Katniss can still live her life in danger because of weakling Peeta. Fast as a lightning……Bolt.

21. Wednesday

Bolt again… that was fast, huh? Anyway, I want to compare Hunger Games and Catching Fire. In the beginnging Katniss is a girl who wants to hunt and keep her family living, but then a miraclous, scratch that, terrible incident happens to Prim….She gets pulled for the Hunger Games a terrible punishment to the districts for the rebellion. Then in Catching Fire Katniss is still hunting. but for Gale’s family instead because she is rich and Gale is working in the coal mines. Also she is going on a Victory Tour instead of on a stage to save her sister from dying. Well, scary, but true. I have to go, blog later, Bolt.

22. As I said”I finished one act out of Shakespeares Hamlet which I am incredibily proud of. I said in my blog about Scene 2 that the guards told Shakespeare about ther sightings of Hamlets dad wearing his armor walking around at 12:00 at night. They told him this and Hamlet told the guards that he would meet them 25 minutes before 12:00. Now I’m going to talk about scene 4. Its a cold windy night the night Hamlet comes to talk with his ghost dad. They wait out in the cold until one of the guards spots the ghost standing motionless. Hamlet stands still in shock. Hamlet gets the nerve to speak up to his father. He tries asking what his dad wants from them. After a while of not participating with them he beckons Hamlet to follow him. After Hamlet gets into a long conversation with the guards that he should go, they let him walk off with his ghost dad.

23. Thursday

Hi, I am reading Catching Fire. To tell you what’s been going on… Well, Katniss is going on the victory tour. Before that she gets on the train and she can’t sleep, so she gets Haymitch-he doesn’t sleep if it’s dark-and tells him about the Snow incident and how he threatended her. Then it hit her as Haymitch said “You know this is going to be going on forever now that it has started”. Then another hit comes when she thinks of Rue lying there with a spear through her stomach, so small and so young. That’s it for me Bolt.

24. Still reading the same book. This week, I’m gonna start off at where Val was injured from her wreck. Val and Skulduggery are in the hospital and healing pretty fast. The Grotesquery is being held in an examining room where the doctor/scientist is going to dissect it and study it. Then all of a sudden, it raises up and starts killing the people in the room. The reason why it’s coming to life is that when the bad guys were transfusing Valkyrie’s blood into the Grotesquery, it got enough to be able to come to life. It comes down the hall that Val is on, and she gets up to see what’s happening. She sees the monster and jumps back into her room. She thinks to herself that if it comes in, she’s going to die fighting it. If it doesn’t, she’s gonna make a run for it. It doesn’t come in, but she steps out and it sees her. She tries to hide when she sees Skulduggery and Tanith running down the hall to help her. Skul jumps up and hits the monster with a few quick punches, but he soon gets hit hard enough to fall down out of the fight. Tanith jumps up with her sword and hits it a few times, and when she lands, it shoots this acid at her that seeps into her skin and knocks her out. Valkyrie tries to distract it from hurting her friends anymore, so she runs down past the monster. She turns a corner and goes up some stairs. She gets to the operating room and jumps out the window to where the Bentley is waiting outside. They drive off and try to get Tanith to the Sanctuary in time to heal her wound. They get there and the doctor has to mix some leaves, put them in some liquid, and give her a shot of it. She gets better in a flash, and is up on her feet. Skul and Val have to go to a man’s house and get a suitcase that has some important stuff in it. They notice Dusk is following them and wants to get Val. They work up a plan that has Val going to her family reunion and luring Dusk in to where he will try to attack and Skul and Tanith will get him. That’s what I read.

25. Wednesday:

I’m still reading the book battle Fleet. it just gets better as u go I love it. So iwas reading and it got really interesting they just got into their first battle. Sam saved them because the pirates were goin 2 try and sneak up on them but Sam saw them and saved the day. after they got past the pirates the worst of their troubles werent over they got into a bad storm the main mast broke and they had to dock on a island with a bunch of natives. Captain Evision told Sam and eli to go and get some food but while they were out a tige almost ate them but the carpenter shot the tiger and saved them. once that was out of thei way the natives tried to attack but they escaped befoe the canibals could kill and eat them. That was all i ead wednesday.

26. Thusday:

Today i ead the book Battle fleet and they found these people stranded out in the ocean with a bad case of smallpoxs but the crew didnt know that at first and eli and lizze went and tried to care for them. Lizze and eli both got the disease lizze died and eli lived. once they got to london Evision gave sam and richard 20 ponds and set them on thei way befoe they could do anything the had to take sydney to his owner. the owner was a but hole so sam and richard just left. they dicided they would rent a small clean apartment and live like gentleman. they got a letter in the mail from the man that aranged fo them to come to london. he invited them to come and dine with him and his family. that is all i read for today.:) 🙁 😉 <3

27. This is my blog for Thursday

Again this book is very boring so far. I am not even halfway through it though. The mountaineer is talking with Lorence Grassi, a very experienced mountaineer about different things. One of the most notable stories, this book is nothing but stories, is about the Mexicans who fell of Mount Victoria and died. Well the story starts out like this. Ernest Feuz told the guide the way to go and the guide went across an ice slope. Going up it was fine, but coming down wasn’t smart. they had crampons on and did not wipe them off every few feet. One of the members who was hooked together slipped and before the guide could save them they were already down the mountain. The other three were rescued some six hours later. That is my blog for Thursday.

🙂 🙁 😛 😀 😉

28. Dear Orel,

I really most certainly hope that your two children – Quinton and Jordan – are fine, well, healthy, and normal like they should be. May the LORD be with Quinton as he broke his collarbone and help his injury be healed and strong. Also, be with Jordan as he has been moved to intermediate care and help people and doctors do what they need to do in order to heal your two sons. I hope that everyone who watches you play the game of baseball, know that you were not ignoring your son when he was injured and i hope everyone will know that you were just doing your job and that you knew that Jamie was taking care of him. Hope you win the World Series again!
    Sincerely,
    Coleman Beasley

29. :p hi Mr. mayfield
    so far i have read that amy was knowing that some thing was wrong ever since nellie came out of the car rental place
    and she was frowning as she came out while she was holding a brown padded envelope
    then amy asked what is that what is that and then she repliaded it is for you guys then she held out a brown package that some body dropped off at the counter
    then amy said thats imposible because nobody know where they are right now at this time and place
    bye 🙂 😀

30. The book, Orel Hershiser, relates to another book i have read some of – Atlanta Braves – because (of course) bothe are sports books which are baseball books too. Both books consist of game activity and contains informations about baseball games, the score, the record of a team, and the score of the game last time the two teams have played. In Atlanta Braves, it talks about the record od the team and scores of games, and how close the Atlanta Braves have come to playing in the World Series. Also, in Atlanta Braves, it tells the names of famous people who have played for them. In Orel Hershiser, it tells Orel’s feelings and emotions toward his family and tells how hard he tries to be a good athlete, Christian, father, and husband. Thr book shows you how much Orel loves and cares about his family and how hard he tries to see them. It tells the scores, stats, and records of a game, and tells how hard the Dodgers try to win the World Series. Also, it tells how close a game is and the “shut-outs” of a game. Orel is a good father and husband toward his kids and wife.

31. Whoop Whoop!! Can’t wait for the BIG run Saturdayy!!! The closer race day comes the more nervous I get!!
    Nathan comes home from church with his wife, daughter, and Grand Vestal. They pull up into the driveway and Nathan can see his dad standing on the front porch. Nathan is really unsure of meeting him after not seeing him for X amount of years. Grand Vestal encourages him to at least give it an effort to have a relationship with him again. So Grand Vestal suggests coming fishing down at Brousers Pond. Nathan and his father were just sitting on the edge of the pond in dead silence, when a loud screech broke the sound barrier. Malley had hooked a fish, and a HUGE one at that and he was ready to put up a tremendous fight. Nathan and his father ran over, Nathan and Malley were holding on to the pole while Nathans dad was holding on to Nathan. After a great fight they managed to snatch the 15 pound bass on to the shore.
    On the way home that’s all Malley could do was reminisce in the glory, with her John Deere hat on that she had gotten off the gun rack on the back of the window. I would just like to make a comment that this book must have been written a WHILE ago b/c I don’t think anywhere in Georgia now-a-days there are fishing ponds with 15 pound basses in it, also finding the people in Georgia who would really go fishing at a pound in the middle of nowhere.
    When they got home Malley was of course bragging over her victory against the fish, then she went to change to get ready for supper. She came out of her bedroom she had an old wooden chest wrapped in bubble wrap in her hands. She asked Grand Vestal if she could open it and Grand Vestal said Yes I don’ see why not seeming one day it will belong to you. The wooden chest contained: pictures, newspaper clippings, poems, and other memorable items. There was also a picture of Nathans mother and father at a military base with his mother pregnant with him, that’s when Grand Vestal, Lord love her, jumped in with her two since and started yelling at Nathans father for taking her daughter away up there where she had Nathan.

Tootles Doodles Chicken Noodles(:! Peace Out!!

32. Sweet Little Lies By:Lauren Conrad
    about the book:
    Jane Roberts was the average girl next door until she and her best friend, Scarlett Harp, landed their own reality show, L.A. Candy. Now the girls have an all-access pass to Hollywood’s hottest everything. But there’s more to life on camera than just parties and shopping. . . .
    When photos of Jane are given to the press, she finds herself at the center of a tabloid scandal. She turns to her co-star Madison Parker for help, unaware that Madison is scheming behind the scenes. She might be Jane’s shoulder to cry on, but does Madison really have Jane’s back?
    Scarlett’s working on a scandal of her own. She’s fallen for someone who’s strictly off-limits—which means Scarlett has a big secret to keep from the L.A. Candy cameras, the paparazzi staking out her apartment, even from her best friend.Of course, nothing stays secret for long for the stars of the newest hit TV series, and all this drama couldn’t be better for ratings. But can Jane survive another season in the spotlight?
    In television star Lauren Conrad’s dishy, entertaining novel about young Hollywood, the lies are only as sweet as the people telling them.

Monday-authors purpose:
    I think the authors purpose is to tell the true story behind what reality television is like. She would know she is on the “The Hills” and is one of the main characters. Lauren Conrad and her friends go through struggles just like the characters in the book, so the characters are probably based or twisted a little bit off of true events. I think she wants to show people that reality tv isnt all fun and games it can tare you apart because if you have even the tiniest secret it will get out on camera. I also think it would be terrible to always have a camera shoved in your face and no privacy. So i think her purpose is to one entertain, but also inform people on how reality tv really works.

Tuesday-ransom note
    Dear Scarlett,
    I know about your little so called love. I know what will happen if i go to the paparazzi. I was thinking about going to them and telling them all about the little news i just found out. However if you dont want me too i wont,only on one condition. You must take me to every social Hollywood party you go to in the next two months and say that i am your new best friends. If you dont,well just be prepared to see your face on a whole lot of magazines. Text me with your decision heres my number,oh dont even try and guess my number because it is a dumb pre-paid not my real one,hahaha,you thought you would figure it out! Well you’re wrong!!! (123)456-7890 XOXO <3

Wednesday-character:
    Almost all the characters are your pretty typical LA girl,you think of. Always wanna be in the spotlight,love you shop,lots of drama,boyfriend scandals,photo scandals, and pretty much all the drama and unimportant stuff you here on all those reality star updates. I think most of the characters are based off of real people from the show (LAUREN CONRAD "THE HILLS"),because most of the things that happen in the book happen on the show. She might have twisted the truth just a tad bit but probably at the base of it all some is true, the books name is sweet little LIES. But yeah i think the characters are sorta in common with each other because if switched the positions around they would probably do the same thing to each other.

Thursday-dialectical journals:
    *fact-girls have an access pass to Hollywood's hottest everything.
    *opinion-I think it is kind of strange that they went from your average girls next door to being pretty much famous and getting in where ever they want.Just because they are on a reality tv show they get to do pretty much whatever they want to do and nobody really can give a care or say anything because they wont listen. So what im saying is the show and fame probably got into their heads.

*fact-The girls soon find out that the show is way more than just partying and shopping.
    *opinion-Like i said on the last one the fame and show got to their heads and they didnt realize that instead of positive things written about them the paparazzi twists everything and makes it seem like they are horrible people. When They went on the show i think they didnt know that everyone was probably going to see there every move. And now that there has been bad photos and stories put out there they probably wish they had thought things through before rushing into the show.

33. Must…do…journals…in…sleep… Read the March 2010 Reader’s Digest (in the middle of February???), figure I can do a article a night.

Monday’s was Terror in the House, which is talking about the explosion in S.W.A.T. teams sent in on routine cases (in 1985 it was only used in hostage negotiations), one such being a mayor changing in to a swimsuit when the cops busted in and tried to arrest him and his mother in law for marjuanna (big word meaning weed) possesion (he had gotten a package in the mail that contained 32 lbs. of drugs). Turns out he was the victim of a group of people who send them drugs, tip the cops, and then sell the drugs.

Tuesday is 50 Things your Emergency Room Staff Won’t Tell You. Denial will kill you. You may be overly fit, a vegetarian, and in your prime, but you can still have a heart attack. You may have a broken finger, some one has a cardiac arrest. No real emergency? Congrats, you probably just killed someone by clogging the system. And how many idoits will drive themselves to the hospital during a heart attack? More than you think.

Wednesday is Against the Odds. Shannon Kelly’s heart condition, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (an enlarged heart muscle), would have killled her. Now? She’s competing in triathlons. Staff Sgt. Heath Calhoun lost both legs to a grenade attack in Iraq. He now skis with a monoski (one ski that attaches to the lower abdomen for skiers without legs.) Kristy McPherson was diagnosed with juvenile rhematiod arthritis (she was tackled and her joints swelled up till she couldn’t move.). Ever seen her golf swing?

Thursday is Mad Science (accidents that created everyday things)!A dutch shipmaster concentrated wine, trying to make it easier to transport. What did he make? Brandy! A dentist named Horace Well’s friend tried nitrous oxide and accidentally cut himself. Never felt it. Horace started using laughing gas! During WW2 (I think, might have been WW1) James Wright tried to create a rubber alternative with silicone oil and boric acid. It didn’t work, but scientists had fun playing with it by transferring comics to paper. Kids had a blast playing with Silly Putty, too.

34. Dear People and Mr Mayfield,
    Sorry I am so late with this but I just went and saw my step-sister win the region game to help advance them to th sweet 16 in Girls Basketball in the stats of Alabama.

#1 Dear Mrs. Dant

We are very sorrowful in the death of your husband, but we come to you with an offer. We have recently found the blueprints for a time machine that we believe can work based on theory. We would like you to try this machine, and if you do so you are allowed to change anything you want that deals with your husband. We hope you will accept this once in a lifetime offer, and there are many other women who would die for this offer. So hurry up and give us a call at 1-800-winners.

Hope to talk to you soon,
    Lt. Gen. J.T. Webber

#2The authors purpose of this chapter is to explain the cause of death of Lt. John Dant. He was killed by the rotor detaching from the CH-47 “Chinook”. He then fell 2500 feet straight down and landed in a tree farm full of small Oak trees. It is also to explain how and why the “Chinook” was grounded world wide. They believed that there was a manufacturing error in the way that the rotors were attached. It is also to entertain any reader who is either bored, needs something to read for adv literature, or is actually interested in the book.

#3 The characters in this book are so realistic that it is amazing how much detail and depth are added to each character. For instance, Mrs. Dant is confronted by two men from the science community who are studying the forces effecting a crash victim’s body. Its not what they did, but how they did it that made them so realistic. The went right up to Mrs. Dant, asked for permission to obtain the specificly named remains, and then do all of that without the slightest since of sympathy. Unfortunately this is somewhat common when someone wants something, they usually do so merciless and unkind fully.

#4 Facts: Capt. Oliver was promoted to aide-de-camp to General Bellmon. He was asked to do many things, including going to the crash sight with Bellmon to figure out why the pilots had crashed so excruciatingly hard and neatly in the trees. answer, they feel straight down for 2500 feet. Capt. Oliver went and questioned Lt Geoffry Craig about why a red haired friend of Mrs. Dant had mistreated them so. He figured out about the two scientist who decided to be mean and cruel that day. Then they got chewed out by Major General Bellmon. Opinions: I think that the two scientist deserved the punishment they have
    received. I am so surpirsed at the amount of damage described in the book. It seemed to be a horribly gruesome and detail filled chapter.

35. Monday

I have finished reading Number the stars. It is very interesting book. A summary of what I read is that The resistance brought the jews to swedain. Peter dies because he is caught by the nazis. It is very sad at the end of the book.

Tuesday

I think the author’s purpose is to entertain and to inform because the book tells you about what it was like in world war 2. So its realistic fiction. The book tells facts, yet it is very interesting at the same time. I like books that are not all facts, but I don,t like that many books without facts.

Wednesday

I think the book relates to change because Ann Marie changes throughout the book. Her friend Elen also has to change her jewish act and start to act like normal people, otherwise the nazis will kill her. She changed and finally made it to swedain.

Thursday

This book is like another book I read, called life on the plains. They are alike because they are both based in the 1940s and both of them are about war. One is about a boy and one is about a girl. both books are really good. bye

36. This week im reading Twilight. im pretty sure you’ve already read it. the conflict in this story is when bella thinks that edward has moved away and or hes hiding out and has been skipping school with excessive absences and how that wouldnt look good for school. another part of it is that bella has to move with her dad and meet new people and make new friends and go to a different school. im pretty sure that must be tough. but so far it seems like shes doing a good job with doing that. the authors purpose for doing this is for me to let you know how hard life is and how you can always meet new people in different places and people will like you for you. for example bella went to her new school and instantly made new friends and people were happy to show her around at school and how people instantly liked her… well some people at least and if people dont like you they just dont like you and theres nothing you can really do about that. and for another thing if you like someone and they dont like you, you cant help that either they just wont like you. this story can teach you alot like what its like to move and have to go to a different school and try to make new friends, like i said i would not be able to move and make new friends like that even though i can easily make new friends by the first words that come out of my mouth 🙂 so what im saying is u can relate this story back to life and i bet this is very helpful for many people including myself.
    The author of this book makes it really interesting and keeps you intersted in what shes writing about and makes you want to keep reading and reading and reading. and then the movie came out so i had to go see it and then new moon came out which ended kinda……weird. “Will u marry me?” —— and thats it!!!!! i would totally recommend this book to a friend anyday, its just that good! i really enjoyed reading it and im not a person who likes to read it a whole lot so if i like it im pretty sure everybody else will!! 🙂 🙂
    Taylor G.

37. ive been reading the green glass sea. its really good. but so far, from where i last left off, dewey’s dad just died, actually run over by drunk army guys celebrating and driving around. she gets really sad but doesnt cry about it. she just sits in her room and reads suze’s comics and her other friend’s comics, because they left for their gramma’s house. they go over to dewey’s old house to get all their stuff and they pack it all up and put it in the car. dewey stays back to look around a little bit. she goes through the house and goes to the record player and puts on her dad’s favorite record and finally starts crying. she gets mad (not at her dad but at the situation) and breaks the record over her knee. she grabs the record player and takes it back to her house. suze has been opening up her artistic talents and is learning new things about her artwork. dewey and suze make up a club so that they will be less sad about the whole war and about the girlscouts being mean to them. they have rocks with “shazam” written on them in greek. anyway thats it for right now. i’ll post some more later maf.