week one ‘o journals

howdy!!!

well, the summer/fall has come upon us again – time to get some journals started…

“hunchback of notre dame” – i read this on the nook – 570 pages of funΒ – pretty slow reading – took nearly a week – what i found interesting was that the main character was the building – the cathedral at notre dame – the book was a bit like moby dick in that there was a ton of detail about things i didn’t know about (in this case, architecture)

“teach outrageously” – teaching book – basically, the book taught about how to be a teacher that dresses up and dramatizes things for the students – sorry, i wasn’t inspired to make the switch

“the gollywhopper games” – cute book – sort of charlie and the chocolate factory in the 21st century – some of the puzzles i got, most of them, i didn’t – i thought the wrong person won the contest though – the girl beat the main character in every race but the last one – how’s that fair???

“the beautiful” by f. scott fitzgerald – also on nook – nook’s theme for barnes and noble classics this week is “tear jerkers” – strangely enough, this book isn’t one – it’s basically about two people who desperately want to be rich (they keep waiting for the guy’s grandfather to die and give them money) and when that doesn’t work out, their lives fall apart – poor, poor people who want to be rich… again, the book is written to sort of condemn that lifestyle – tragically enough, the main character went down the same path in his life (we can put him in the “creative genius who destroys his life” hall of fame that includes several others)

i also read about uganda, alabama football, and the book of ezekiel (the valley of dry bones) – guess those are the highlights – anyway, happy reading

sincerely,
maf

31 thoughts on “week one ‘o journals”

1. Yah, well, it’s the start of journals so i better go ahead and get em done…I’m reading on a book called Saga, the sequel to Epic. I’m going to do a POV! POV Probe- This planet has a big computer! I wonder why no one uses it, Oh look! Cards! I can’t believe it! This giant computer still has a purpose! The name of the card game is… Cindella Dragonslayer? That sounds like a… um…. Epic name… Oh look, they replaced Epic! Awwwwww now why’d they do that, i liked to play it while noone was looking, thanks to my computer body self, i can hack into the game, and play at work!!! it looks like the new game is… Saga? Lame name… i bet it’s something stupid, like, like, you blow up random things and hope that it doesn’t reach you. Anyway, i better get back to work.. No wait! I wanna play a round of cards real quick! Aw man… it’s solitaire, i don’t know how to play solitaire… jerk computer. I guess work is a little bit more important, so i’ll just be going… No wait! i can download it! Dang this puts on a few Kb’s… Anyway, now it’s time for work!

2. Okay, so we’re are really excited about blogging right? Yes!

So, I’m reading Linger. The second book of the Shiver trilogy. πŸ™‚

So, today I read the first little bit of chapters, they were pretty much just telling you a little bit about the characters, and how they are now, since Shiver.
    Sam, the werewolf is working at the Crooked Shelf, a little book store. Isabell is still in wolf form, and she’s in the woods, I guess. So a cop came inside the book store and questioned him, he was super nervous, but he did fine. The cop was just asking where Isabell might be, Sam said he didn’t know, and of course he was lying. Not really though, he just knows Isabell is still alive. Anyway, Grace, his girlfriend, and main (sort of) character is making New Years resoloutions, so Sam does too.
    Then we’re introduced to Cole, a druggie, and also a wolf. Don’t know anything else about him yet.
    Okay, so now that I’m done with Monday’s…..
    Mockingjay comes out in like 7 or 6 days! Everyone that loved Hunger Games, should be excited. So be excited! O.o
    Smiles,
    Kaitlin

3. Monday Journal

I am reading Looking Alaska by John Green. The book starts out
    with a person named Miles who is not at all popular. He has two “school friends” as he calls them they aren’t even close to his best friend sat all. He moves to this school near Pelham, Alabama culled Culver Creek Boarding school. His dad went there and he says but doesn’t tell his parents that he is going to that school because is Looking for the “Great Perhaps” which is
    explained later in the book, The great perhaps is explained as in
    his new life he might be popular and have friends. That’s all I have
    gotten to in the book so far.

Mockingjay is going to be great!

πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ˜› πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰

4. hey Mr. mayfield i just started the wednesday wars i know this is one of my summer reading books
    so far i have read that then was one kid that mrs.baker hated more than anything in the universe which was then main character and she did not have no reason why she hated him
    but he think it would made sense if it was doug swieteck because he had a list of 410 ways to get a teacher really really mad and it started with spray deodorant then desk drawing then it was the classic prank that was putting gum on the water fountain
    and he was even caught doing it and got suspended for only 2 whole weeks
    bye that is all i want say πŸ˜›

5. Ok so I am reading a Battle of the Books book called out of my mind by Sharon Draper and it is about a special needs girl named Melody who on the outside cannot control her body movements much and can not walk or talk as well, but on the inside she is a complete genius. She has a photographic memory and understands every thing everyones says to her… if only she could tell them that. She has a board that lets her spell and also has phrases and words so that she can comunicate with the outside world. then she meets friends that are named Rose and Cathrine in her fifth grade year in elementry school. They become best friends and I have just goten to the part where Melody’s babyitter Mrs.V wins a contest to go to tand Melody ” asks” her if she can invite Rose by spelling Rose on her board and the hitting come. Rose accepts the offer and meets the two girls who are the meanest to Melody and they make fun of her for coming with her and to make a long story short Mrs.V got really angery really fast. That’s all I’ve read so far. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€ B)

6. I am reading a battle of the books book called out of my mind by sharon draper and it is about a special needs girl named melody and while people think she is stupid and can’t do much of anything she is actually a genius and if only she could talk and it would be an extra bonus if she could walk as well because she has spasms and the thing she can only fully control is her thumbs. When she is placed in elementry school they go over the same abc every year and one day in january melody could not stand it any more and had a major spasm where the teacher called her mother who when she came there became furious at the teacher because she told her that it was january and they were still on the word b in the alphabet and she also dug in her purse have the teacheer a 5 and broke the old mcdonald cd in half saying that it was cruel and unusual punishment and when she broke the cd the rest of the student cheered and one even said thnk you to the mom. It is melody’s 5th grade year and she has just made 2 great friends Cathrine and Rose. That is all I have goten to so far. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€

7. Hey yall!!!! Gonna knock out journals early for once!!
    . Yep
    Monday

I’m reading Final Theory. I’ve read it millions of times, but I’m 99.2% sure I haven’t blogged on it. I guess I’ll do some alternate pov’s, starting with the russian terrorist, Simon. Here we go: “I slipped through the old scientist’s apartment. I hear water running, so he must be in the bathroom. Yep, he leaning over the bathtub cleaning it. I lower my shouler and barge into the old man’s back. There is enough water to keep him frrom breathing, so I hold his arms down to keep his head from air. He claws at my hands, but a young, muscular man is pretty much a lot stronger than a 80 year-old with a failing heart and arthritis. To make a long story short, he wakes up and tells me everything I need. No, not money, a theory. By one of the smartest men in the world, Einstein.

CLIFFHANGER!!!! Gotta love them! To sum that up, he tortures the man who worked with Einstein for informatin about a final theory.

Tuesday

K, so you know about Simon, so let’s do another important character, Monique Renolds. The main character come to her for help about ….. well, you’ll find out.

” I step over a hole in the floor, wondering for the thousanth time why she was victimized. Yes, she was black, but wasn’t the Civil Rights movement supposed to stop racism? Wait, the doorbell’s ringing. Probably the skinhead punks that did this. Keith, my mechanic and boyfriend, grabs a baseball bat and sneaks outside through a window. A moment later I open the door and my old one night stand who ran away years ago is standing there. I invite him in and ask Keith for some coffee. David leaned in and said, “Dr. Kleinman’s dead.” My mind churns as I thought, thinking that he was one of Einstein’s assisstants.

Cliffhanger!! (I didn’t put it in caps, cause it wasn’t a big cliffhanger πŸ™ )

Wednesday

K so now you know about Monique and Simon, and kinda see the relation between the stories, right? Well, now I introduce Dr. Amil Gupta, AKA Henry Cobb.

“I lean back and think about my situation. That russian pig has probably got some information from Kleinman, Bouchet, and MacDonald. Now I just need to figure it out. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. I look at the screen. There’s an alarm in the closest janitor’s closet. Might as well check it out. Strollin’ along, singin a song, doo dah d- I’m yanked into the closet. Two people are standing there. The male introduces himself as David Swift, and the woman as Monique Renolds. I recognize each for their papers. David finally shuts up,and I realized he’s looking for Einstein’s final theory. Great luck! I tell them about a cabin in the wooded mountains. Kleinman might have hid the theory there.”

Cliffhanger?

I’ll do Thursday later. BUHBUY!!!

8. Tuesday Blog.

I am reading Looking for Alaska. In the passage that I just read was the part where Chip and Miles find out the mystery of Alaska’s death. I am going to write an alternate ending to this passage.

Miles was sitting on the floor below the pay phone. He saw a white daisy and remembers Alaska’s conversation with Jake. Jake said What are you doing and she said doodling the flower. She remembers that the same day a few years earlier her mother died. The flower reminded her. She gets off campus and goes to buy white daisies her favorite flower. She is driving to Vine Station where her mother is buried and instead of crashing into the cop car she swerves into the median on I-65 instead of crashing into the truck. She drives to Vine Station and places the flowers on her mother’s grave. Then she remembers her anniversary and drives back to Vanderbilt to see her boyfriend and surprise him. That is an alternate ending to Miles finding out the mystery of her death.

πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜› πŸ˜€ (^u^)

9. Wow… It amazes me that I was actually the first one to turn in journals, blogs, do-hikkey thingy or whatever we call them. I think it’d be best if iwent ahead and started. So…

10. Heller!!! K, so I feel like doin Lucille Parker, FBI agent that interrogates David Swift. (This goes between Simon and Monique, what happens here leads David to Monique, and Simon’s actions lead to this. Confused? Yes I am.)

“That idiot Agent Hawley finally got the detainee in. That man’s thicker than molasses in the winter. I show him the paper that another agent faked to seem old. He scruchitizes it, then asks if it’s about a weapon. I confirm it, then ask for the numbers Kleinman gave him in his last breaths. He points out a flaw in the paper, then reveals our whole plan. Right now I’m feelin’ lower than a snake’s bellybutton. I ask for transportation to the airport from Hawley, then declare Swift an enemy combatant. Before we can chain him, though, a deep percussive boom shakes the walls. I dash outside, then the lights go out. All is silent until the first man is shot. I yell for the flashlights to go off. The others are pickeed off next. I turn tail and run.

Cliffhanger!!

Tune in next week for another set of pov’s, this time about another part.

11. Hey Mr. Mayfield, sorry fo the first post, accidental…

Tuesday
    I’m reading the book saga, a very interesting sequel to Epic. It really uses action, and well too.
    I guess i’ll do an Alternat ending! Alt ending- I felt the slam of the wooden baton, hoping that the fall i was about to take wouldnt hurt me as bad as it should, you hear stories of people getting severly injured, or even killed, by a hoverboard incident. I think i might be added into the stories! I had to do something, falling from 5 meters would kill you if you hit wrong. I tryed to re-balance myself and stay in the air, but instead, I accidently kicked myself. i pushed of the board into a lfower-bed. I saw the security guard coming at me, hoping he wouldn’t be able to catch me, i took off running, my friends and I took towards our abondoned office, or what we call our Den. Jay cruised up shortly after the incident, hoping i was okay, i said yes, ignoring the exruciating pain in my leg. We entered through an old hole, in the side of te house. We found it one afternoon and made it our home.

For Dr. Mafeld
    You ruined my hopes of doing a Code of conduct parody! I had a really good idea too! No, i’m just joking, but it really does stink we can’t do that..,.

12. Okay so as a comparison between alexa’s mom and dad is that the mom has gien up most of her career to help her family when she lives in central New York City and is a Marine Biologist… shouldn’t a marine biologist be near the ocean! I mean last I checked marine stood for underwater studies of creatures and/or habitats. Meanwhile the father who is also a scientist has made a good career and has mad a very successful labrotory and has made a profoundly and highly recommended lab. This is all nice and easy brezzy for the dad , but what happens to the mom she just drop her lifes ambition for her husband in the blink of an eye so he cn be successful but she will probably struggle to find a new carrer. This is why I am saying now that they are recently divorced when the mom got the childhood house the father moved into an apartment. So as you can see even though there career paths were somewhat the same the outcomes of their choices were completley different now this I am guessing will make life more complicated for alexa than it already was after just discovering that she can actually look good and dress in nice clothes and still be athletic and the everlasting popularity scale now she has two divorced parents who have come to the conclusion that things aren’t just going to work out for etheir of them becausr the mom wanted to move down to the coast so she can purssue her career while the father is not wanting to leave since he has just made a great job at bringing up a lab abd clibing up the social ladder. That is all for today.

13. Okay, I saw Tyler’s name up there and I was like WHAT? I didn’t even know he was still in school here. I haven’t seen him at all, really, not at all. That makes me feel bad. Oh well, maybe I’ll see him in a couple of days roaming the halls. πŸ™‚

Okay, going to do Tues. and Wed.
    I’m still blogging about LINGER!

Tues.- Well, Grace of course has been getting sick lately. She doesn’t know what’s wrong and hasn’t told Sam. How could she keep that from him? So rude. She’s just been taking meds for headaches. She just keeps getting headaches, and she still hasn’t told her BFF, Rachel about the wolfness of everyone. I have a hunch that she’s going to. Anyway, Sam saw a wolf phase back into human form and into wolf state that day. He told Grace and it worried her. It was Cole, one of Beck’s new wolves. He seemed kind of tricky and mean, and sly, so Sam is worried he’s up to something. So today we learned Cole was a wolf.

Wed.- Isabell, a very snotty and rude girl who Grace hangs out with, found Cole today. πŸ™‚ She wasn’t to phsyced, because she thought he seemed kind of rude, just like Sam. But what does she have on Cole? She pretty much hates everything since Jack *cough cough* died. (aka, is a wolf) Yeah. Her mom does practically everything and from what I’ve read her dad seems like a raging maniac. Yeah, so, Isabell gets away with everything. She’s very sly. Oh yeah! Grace and Isabell found a dead wolf in the woods, so Sam went and burried it.

Okay, so let’s see, Mockingjay comes out in about 6 days I think. So excited!

Smiles,
    Kaitlin

14. hey mr. mayfield i am starting n the 39 clues
    the one i am reading now is 39 clues beyond which is the 4th book
    so far i have read that amy cahill listed all of the things that was wrong with her brother like burping the alphabet
    so one day amy was in dead center khan el-khalili market trying to look over the crowd trying to find dan in the crowd but she could not find him
    but she ended up finding her cousin a former KGB agent, spy and her name was Irina Spasky
    but a little later Irina foung him when she bumped into him while she was searching for a singal
    bye

15. Well.. I guess that (since i missed church…) i had beter start on journals… Wednesday ones are the ones when you run out of ideas for anymore πŸ˜› So i guess i’ll do…see!… an Authors prupose. Purpose- You know, i really think that the author of Saga, trys to incorparate action, humor, and whatever else he can throq in there, to make it appealing to the action loving teens. He really uses good use of adjectives, verbs, adverbs and what not, to make the story much more interesting storyline, as an example- ” I kicked the board, and looking from below, it looked as if i was doing a stunt. I felt a jolt of pain shoot up my leg” He realy used “Puller words” and used them to keep the reader entertained during this part of the book, aand also using “Puller Sentences” further into the chapter. i think it would be a Must read (after reading Epic)

16. Mockingjay comes out in five days. I just checked.

Anyway-
    Wednesday
    I finished Looking For Alaska and the beginning was a little weird, but the second half of the book was good. The author even says at the end that he wrote the book in two very different parts. This book ends with a paper that Miles (Pudge) wrote that just happens to be his final for World Religion. The paper tells basically the conclusion to their investigation and the paper is based on Alaska’s question from another assignment “How will we ever get out of this labyrinth of suffering” Alaska answered this question on one of the books in her life Library. Straight and Fast. This is what ultimately leads Pudge and the Colonel (Chip) to figuring out why she planned her death or if it was an accident. That is my blog for today.

πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜› πŸ˜€

17. Okay here goes nothing because for somereason my blogs kept going to Mr. Mayfield spam page???? And so we go. Right now I am reading the book Eragon.
    The book is about a young farm boy named Eragon, who finds a mysterious stone in the mountains. A dragon he later names Saphira hatches from the stone, which was really an egg. When A very evil King Galbatorix ( I honestly want to know who would name their kid something like that) finds out about Eragon and his dragon, he sends his servants after them in an effort to capture them( I don’t know how the “servants” got this name but they are called Ra’zac).
    Eragon and Saphira manage to escape by hiding in the forest, but Garrow is fatally wounded and the house and farm are burned down by the Ra’zac. Once Garrow dies, Eragon is left with no reason to stay in Carvahall, so he goes after the Ra’zac, seeking vengeance for the destruction of his home and his uncle’s death. He is accompanied by Brom, an elderly story-teller, who insists on helping him and Saphira and also is beginning to become becoming Eragon’s teacher.
    They come across a great plain to find the city they were to get provisions from is piling with dead bodies! That sounds really disgusting to me! They barely make it out of the city alive for when they saw the bodies there were still servants there but they were stronger and different servants( or more like soldiers) called Urgals.
    That is all I have read so far in the book Eragon.

18. 19 minutes 2 days

this book is very evenful and fun. it starts off tellin about this girl whos mom is a judge. the girl is a very popular in school along with her new homecoming king boyfriend. they are going to school one day and the book go to talking about a nerd who always gets picked on by them and then it swaps back to the morning they are goin to school. Then the book swaps to a investigator who is passing the school that morning when he hears gunshots. the gunshots come from tthe shcool and then so the detective goes to the school and blood is flyin every where the whole school was being shot up by that nerd who always got picked on all the time. then he finally gets caught and shot were he is standing. then the detective walks around the school and finds the poular girl alex and sees her and her boyfrien the star of the hockey team laying side by side holding hand with blood running out there heads.

19. hey mr. mayfield am still reading 39 clues beyond the grave
    and so far i have read when found dan with their cousin spy but there was a weird old man that was hunting them but when he finally spotted them a big fat man stood up and that gave them enough cover to disappear
    and while they were running away dan found a really big thick curtain to hide behind for a while with amy
    but then they found a short hallway with a door at the end of it so they ran out through the door
    but a little bit latter dan started to wheeze the a little latter it got really really bad and started to have a azma atack so then told him to use his inhaler
    bye πŸ˜› :O πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ˜€

20. the time of the journals is here. tomorrow i will get the other two complicate genres for the the journal, but for now i will go with the easier, less complicated thing.

im reading gone. just letting yall know. i didnt bring it home so right now im not sure what its called. just going with gone.

authors reason
    right now it looks as though the reason the author wrote this book was to say to people dont take the little thing for granted. enjoy the little things. u dont know how important something is until its gone. just like the kids in the book in the school. all the teachers disappeared and it took the students five minutes before they all started crying. just like the kids at our school.

genre slip
    dear quinn,
    being weird is not cool. dressing all different does not get you more positive attention, it gets you negative attention. dont stick out in a weird way. stand out in a more positive way, like athletic or scholary. everybody likes a scholary athlete. they go to college. people who arent scholary and arent athletic. youll end up going to the school of tech. which isnt a bad thing but the way u are u wont do good there either.

alright im done for day. see ya

21. YAY! Last journals of the week! I mean…awww journals are over. We will end with another pov! POV security guard- Oh yay, a little skater punk, they really need to get out of here! i guess we could rough them up a little bit. We can’t be too rough, or they could get really hurt. Alright, gott make this timing right and…SMACK! HA! That kid is gonna feel that! They really should think this stuff through. Wait…Oh no, he couldn’t have regained balance! Aww man! Well, it’s my time off. I’m going to go get some doughnuts. Wait, before i do that, here come some more guards, I’m going to act as if i’m mad. Grrr! Yeah and stay off our lawn! You meddling kids! You couldn’t have gotten away with it if it wasn’t for the rest of these guys!!! Okay, doughnut time. Wait, what! we have to do an investigation! Come on! Give us a break!!! Why am I stuck with this job! I gotta pass the time somehow… hmmm…ddooouuuggghhhnuuutttsss

22. Woo!!! Mafeld!! I miss your class so much. I don’t miss the middle school at all, but I miss your class the most. High school’s pretty stressful so far, with being the 2nd string QB on varsity and practicing every day, and then going home and doing the messloads of homework I have. And the schedule…confusing. That’s all it is. But I’ve figured out that I don’t have to do some classes homework on some nights because I don’t have that class the next day(: Just wanted to leave a note, and tell all of your 8th graders that “high school is the most awful place you could ever go. They strip you of your dignity, self confidence, and sanity.” Just to boost their excitement about coming over here. (: But hey, the food’s better. (: That counts right?

23. Okay, so I need to find a more creatieve name to use on here. I at least have to make blogging fun. So, this is for Thursday.

Shiver

Thursday- Okay, so let’s see. Sam is like really depressed. He always seemed like he was. I don’t like reading his POV when he’s depressed. It bums me, gets me down. πŸ™‚ Anyway. They’re both mad because Grace is grounded. She keeps getting sick, and I think she’s going to change into a wolf at the end of the book. Actually, I know that for a fact, because I actually have already read the end of the book. πŸ™‚ I cheated. But anyway Rachel is trying to help Sam get together with Grace, who his becoming a bit out there. She just disobeys about whatever she wants. But someways I do disagree with her, and agree. Her parents have always done whatever they want, and leave her do whatever. But she’s just such a disobedient girl. Now I feel like I’m talking about a dog. Haha, play on words. πŸ™‚

Okay, so that’s enough for this week, also because I want to go read. πŸ™‚
    No one showed at the dance today, so it was kind of bluh. Too many slow songs. And no 6th graders are blogging? They should!
    Mockingjay comes out on….. TUESDAY!!!! πŸ™‚ So excited!
    Have to go,
    Smiles,
    Kaitlin

24. I am almost through with the book Eragon and then I will go into the book Eldest. Where I left off Eragon just became a Dragon Rider through his bond with Saphira. On the journey, Brom teaches Eragon sword fighting, magic, the Ancient Language, and the ways of the Dragon Riders. Their travels bring them to Teirm, where they are able to track the Ra’zac to the southern city of Dras-Leona. Although they manage to innfiltrate the city, Eragon encounters the Ra’zac in a cathedral and he and Brom are forced to run away. Later that night, their camp is ambushed by the Ra’zac. A stranger named Murtagh rescues them, but Brom is gravely injured. Knowing that he is about to die, Brom tells Eragon that he used to be a Dragon Rider. His dragon’s name was also Saphira, but an evil Dragon Rider named Morzan killed her. Brom then avenged Saphira’s death and killed Morzan. After telling Eragon this, Brom dies.

Murtagh becomes Eragon’s new companion and they travel to the city Gil’ead to find information on how to find the Varden, a group of rebels who want to see the downfall of Galbatorix. While stopping near Gil’ead, Eragon is captured and imprisoned in the same jail that holds a woman he has been receiving dreams about. When he breaks out of his cell, he discovers that she is an Elf. Murtagh and Saphira stage a rescue, and Eragon escapes with the unconscious Elf. During the escape, Eragon and Murtagh battle with a Shade – a sorcerer possessed by evil spirits – named Durza. Murtagh shoots Durza between the eyes with an arrow, and the Shade disappears in a cloud of mist.

After escaping, Eragon contacts the unconscious Elf telepathically, and discovers that her name is Arya. She tells them that she was poisoned while in captivity and that only a potion in the Varden’s possession can cure her. Arya is able to give directions to the exact location of the Varden: a city called Tronjheim, which sits in the mountain Farthen DΓ»r. She also adds that they have only four days to reach the Varden or she will die. The group go in search of the Varden, both to save Arya’s life and to escape Galbatorix’s wrath. When they arrive in Farthen DΓ»r, Eragon is led to the leader of the Varden, Ajihad. Ajihad imprisons Murtagh after finding out that he is the son of Morzan. Ajihad tells Eragon that Durza was not destroyed by Murtagh’s well placed arrow, because the only way to kill a Shade is with a stab to the heart.

25. Ok… it feels good to be back at blogs, and i’m going to do all four tonight. I havn’t had any time this week so I have to do these in a hurry. I started reading The Hunger Games because every person known to man says it’s the best book ever, and so far it’s pretty good.

Monday-The book starts off with a girl name Katniss, a.k.a. cat nip, wakes up on the day of the reaping. Her sister Prim is laying with her mother which is in the bed across from her. Katniss’s dad was killed in a land mine accident. By the way she is 16. She grabs a piece of chesse and gets ready to go hunting.She walks out of her house and walks through the town of Seam or district 12. Her district is very poor and most people starve to death.

Tuesday-She goes hunting, Fishing, and gathering every day with her friend Gale, who is 18, and they go to the black market of Seam also known as the Hob to trade for other materials. She gets to the meadows where their is a part time electric fence. On the other side is a forest where gale and her go hunting. She climbs through a loose part in the fence and finds a hole where there is a bow and arrow. She grabbed it and started to climb the hill to her friend Gale at the top of the hill.

Wedensday- She gets to the top of the hill and they have a quick meal of bread and cheese before they hunt. They talk about the reaping when a boy and girl, between the ages of 12-18, get there names picked and they are put into the hunger games. They have a good day of hunting with a dozen fish, a bag of greens, and a gallon of strawberries. After they are done they head back to town to get ready for the reaping.

Thursday- Ok here’s the story of there strange country. Panem is a country built off the ruins of destroyed north america. There were 13 districts and a capitol. The government was so horrible that the districts revolted on the capitol. one district was destroyed and the other 12 surrendered so the capitol won. Every year they go to every district and pick a girl and a boy from each district to put into the hunger games. The hunger games is all 24 kids put into a different habital arena and it is a fight to the death. Last person standing is the winner. So the capitol does this to remind us of are mistake. You start when you are 12 and you put in 1 slip with your name on it and as your age increases you have to put in one more slip. So when they draw your name you are entered into the Hunger Games.

26. Thursday

I am reading a new book called Chicken Boy, different title.

It is basically a filler book until my new books come in from Books-A-Million.
    I don’t love this book and I am not done blogging on Looking for Alaska. There is so much that you could blog about in this book. I will tell the ending in this book. Miles and Chip figure out Alaska’s death. Miles sees the flower drawn on the concrete below the pay phone and remembers Jake asking Alaska what she was doing and she remembers that that’s the night of her mother’s death. She goes to pick flowers to put on her mom’s grave. She is drunk and upset and drives off the school’s campus and sees the jackknifed truck and the cop car and she remembers how she didn’t call 9-1-1 that night her mom died and how she forgets her mother’s death and how she didn’t place flowers on her grave that night. She sees her way out of the labyrinth and takes it. This explains Alaska’s death.

πŸ™‚ πŸ™ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜› πŸ˜€

27. the last two journals have finally come and theyre about to be gone

change

the change in gone is pretty simple, the way i like it. at one point all the teachers are at the school and then all of a sudden they are just gone. so the change is it was there and then it wasnt. it made the kids realize what they had.

conflict

the conflict of the pages that i have read is between the entire school. they are all fighting because they dont know what to do or how to do it. they are all fighting about who to call but there is no phone working or internet working. all the teachers are gone and the students have all these ideas and they are conflicting on about how or why they disappeared. so all my blogs are basically all about how the teachers are gone.

peace

28. hey nr,mayfile whats going on
    right now i am still reading the same book
    and so far i have read when they arrived at sennari house theo tossed a bundle of bills at the driver and then he spoke a few words in arabic and one of the words was baksheesh then dan said gesundheit
    then theo smiled saying that baksheesh meant tip
    so then theo moves ahead to walk with nellie and turned to amy then dan and amy started to have a conversation
    then while they were having a conversation they started hearing pounding feet behind them as the guards were pointing and chaseing them
    bye

29. Monday: Started a new book β€œGhost Town” not a very good book. Haven’t gotten that far but I think I’m going to drop it. Still giving it more time to make a MAJOR comeback. One of the Characters ar Charles or as his family calls him chip(don’t know how You get Chip from Charles but whatever floats their boat and cruises their ship) and other characters only thing I have got out of them so far is Mom and Dad and I think Sister someone (she was only mentioned once if at all) Well thats the intro of the book.

Tuesday: So Charles is like Mr. Grumpy Guss b/c him and two have his friends had big plans to play at the arcade ALL day Saturday but Charles’s parents had diffrent plans to go to the O.K. Corral place to watch a reanactment of the O.K. Corrals β€œBIG” shoot out. Charles keeps this horrible attitude the entire trip up and he had to stay up there all weekend. As soon as they got to the town Charles split up with his family to go grab lunch by himself and they planned to meet up at 2ishh for the Shoot-out.

Wednesday: When Charles sat down to eat this dude with his country get up comes strut’en his lil self down the street and just helped himself to sit down at the table Charles sat at. Now if this dude came up to me and put his nose all up in my business looking like he did Pshh I go all Ninja Mermaid on him! Charles just let him sit there and ejoy himself, then finally he gets some common sence and asked why he was dressed like that and if he worked there.

Thursday: That was a big mistake asking b/c then the County dude started talking about the history of the β€œBIG” shoot-out. Now I don’t wanna hear about that in person better yet not reading it! Seriously in Mr. Scott’s room and I literally almost fell asleep reading this part! I mean thats real sadd!! So as the Country Boy jabbered on and on Charles just saat there β€œACTING” like he cared and asking question just so he wasn’t and rude and junk. Then outa nowhere Country was like Holeyy COWW I’m gonna be late! and ran off to the shoot-out. Charles followed b/c he was suppose to meet his parents there anyways.

30. 8-23-10
    Monday
    I was reading *The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood*. In the part I read, Robin Hood becomes an outlaw because he shot one of the kings deer and then he killed a man. He decides to make a band of men who steal from the rich and give to the poor.
    A man named John Little and Robin Hood are trying to walk across a log being used as a bridge over a river. There is olny room for one man to cross. Robin says, “Step aside and let the better man cross.” John thinks he’s the better man and wants Robin to move to they battle with staffs till Robin falls into the water. Robin asks if John would like to join his band. John says that if someone can beat him in achery then he will join. Robin wins and John joins him. Robin calls John Little, Little John.
    The Sherrif wants to capture Robin so he writes a warrent for his arrest and a tinker volinteers to take the warrent to Robin. While Robin was walking he sees the tinker. The tinker doesn’t know he is Robin. He tells Robin that he is looking for ‘Robin Hood’. The tinker asks Robin if he knows Robin Hood. Robin says, “I saw him this morning.” The tinker asks him to discribe Robin Hood. Robin compares him to himself.
    Robin and the tinker go for a drink. The tinker passes out from drinking to much and Robin steals the warrent.
    That’s some of what I read today.

~Luv,
    Merritt πŸ˜‰

31. Tuesday 8-24-2010

I’m reading Well Witched, and I’m going to do a pov change. If the pov would have been from Chelle’s piont of view, then we would know what Chelle was saying when she was reading the br man’s thoghts.[Saying people’s thoughts wether she wanted to or not was what she was cursed with from the witch in the well.] This is what it would sound like, “What’s going on? I cant stop saaying this man’s mind. This might be what I’m cursed with!!”
    Anyway, that’s some of what I read,
    Bye
    Camie jay jay:)