yes, i finally read (and liked:) mockingjay…

wow,
where to begin – oh, i remember – with the books that you all like:)

i do hope you had a wonderful break – you were missed – sniff…

“catching fire” and “mockingjay” – i really shouldn’t put these two together – even though they’re part of a trilogy – because catching fire wasn’t that interesting but mockingjay was – to say the least – regardless, mockingjay was so good that i now consider myself a hunger games’ series fan – even though i really suspect that none of you would enjoy the third book – b/c it doesn’t end in a way that most teen fiction ends – things don’t wrap up nicely – scars still show even after the healing time – which is a reality of life that we don’t always like to be reminded of – so, in short, enjoyed mockingjay – too bad i had to go through two other books to get to it

as for the rest over the break, i’ll be shorter b/c i don’t think any of it is anything you’ll enjoy…

“my life on the run” by bart yasso – second time i’ve read this book – memoir from running world’s chief officer – yasso has a ton of stories about his travels through the years – liked the part where he talked about running helping you think

“right on track” by marion jones – great, sad story about an olympian who had to give up her medals and served time in prison – great story about the criminal system – less so about running

“rope and a prayer” – ny times journalist kidnapped by a terrorist group and taken to pakistan – learned more about the detiorating situation in western pakistan

“shakespeare’s secret” – thought about using this book for my sixth grade for summer reading – the book is sort of a clue-based book – good side information about shakespeare though

“cinderella man” – made into a movie years back – which i never saw (there are lots of movies i haven’t seen – sigh…) the book was decent (which is all you can expect when you’ve had a book for six years and never gotten around to reading it b/c you don’t think you’ll be interested)

“a christmas carol” – free download with the nook two weeks ago – short, but enjoyable – at least the second time i’d read the book – scrooge came to life a bit more this time

anthology of baseball short stories – a reread, but from like 15 years ago, so i’d forgotten most of it – like with most anthologies, some stories were better than others – although none of the better ones come to mind now… ๐Ÿ™‚

“i am the central park jogger” – borrowed from the library – no one had read it – that i could tell – like with most books remotely dark, people avoid it like the plague…

“between a rock and a hard place” – another borrowed library book – and another one not read hardly at all – this time, i think b/c the subject matter was squeamish (the guy had to cut his arm off to save his life) and b/c it was about adventure hiking (it was a large print book, and most people who read LP books aren’t going hiking… ๐Ÿ™‚

“san pedro de m—” – book about a small town in the dominican republic that contributes a TON to the major league baseball teams – the book explained why – really enjoyed the read (very ready for baseball and warmer weather – hope springs eternal for this baseball-loving boy…)

canterbury tales – read the prologue and the knight’s tale before today – i won’t finish the poem, collection of tales, any time soon b/c i’m definitely not that into it – read some of the tales my freshman year at bama – i still have no idea what i’m reading – even with the help of translations and professors who write introductions to tell me what to read for – guess i’m just cursed in that way…

you have three journals this week – if you’re reading monday – see you tuesday

23 thoughts on “yes, i finally read (and liked:) mockingjay…”

1. i am reading a book of the Amelia series. i am doing a character story. Amelia’s story.

Amelia has a sister named Cleo. Cleo is an irregular sister, she snores loud at night, she is very embarrassing, and she wheres boxer shorts and a t-shirt that says BIG MAMA to sleep in. i know Cleo is very unique and that is all Amelia is worried about in this story but, to me this story in the end tells you that your weird sibiling doesn’t affect how people look at you. also it teaches a great life lesson that you shouldn’t be afraid that people will not think good of you because if how your sibilings act, but it is how you act and how you look at yourself as a person is really what matters most. And i think you should care about how you look at yourself that matters, not what others think of you. And that during this field trip Amelia is so embarrassed about her weird sister but in the end she believed in her sister and thinks completley about her sister. i do recommend this book because of the lessons you will learn in this story. it is very important to love your sibilings no matter how much they embarrass or annoy you.

2. Hi, what holiday is next? Valentine’s Day? You have all these holidays in the winter and Spring, but none in fall or summer.

Tuesday,
    I am reading Maze Runner again. Not that bad of a book. It starts out with this kid (teenager, really) who is sent up through this contraption, sort of like an all-metal lift. Not an elevator. He emerges out into a world that is called The Glade and surrounding the Glade is The Maze, hence the title. He is introduced to the leaders and is confronted by this other teenager named Gally. I should have said that the world was all boys. Then he meets Chuck who becomes his friend and is given the job of showing Thomas around. They go to sleep and that is as far as I’ve gotten.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ 8)

3. Woo! I feels so good to be blogging again.. I still havent finished Catching Fire but I will eventually finish it.. I am not liking it as much as the first one. So Since it was Christmas time I am working on the book Skipping Christmas by John Grisham. My goal was to finish it by Christmas but I have been so busy doing absolutely nothing that I didnt have time to finish the book before Christmas so now I am still reading it…This book is a pretty easy read but yet you dont feel like you are reading a children’s book at the same time.. It is much better than other John Grisham books that I have looked at… I have not read other John Grisham books but I flipped through them.. My mom is obsessed with John Grisham so we own hardback copies of all his books.. And I noticed that most of his books have the word The at the beginning.. Such as, The Firm, The Pelican Brief, The Client, The Chamber, The Rainmaker, The runaway Jury, The partner.. and so on.. Ok, I just went on a rant about stuff that really doesnt matter.. Crazy Crazy Julie… I cant stay on topic. I think I might have ADHD… But I dont. So about Skipping Christmas…..

First of all this book was made into a movie called Christmas with the Kranks… Which is not as good as the book But we all know movies are never as good as the book. This books is about Luther and Nora Krank. There daughter has gone off to work with the Peace Corps somewhere in South America. SO this would be the first Krank Christmas without there daughter. Luther is a grumpy man who likes to complain about everything… Nora Krank is Luther’s wife and is a sweet, kindhearted person that worries a lot and likes to make lists. (: Nora is worried about her daughter and everyday she has been wondering if her daughter is ok… Meanwhile Luther is at work Tallying up all the money he spent on Christmas last year. He comes to a conclusion of 6,100 Dollars. Luther decided that Christmas is not Worth all that.. He starts thinkning about thow much money he is wasting at Christmas time. And gets what he thinks is a wonderful idea… How bout we Skip Christmas? He goes downstairs to the travel agency that is also in his office building and starts looking at cruises.. He finds one he likes and it is called the Island Princess. He really wants to go but it will take some convincing to get Nora to go along with the plan..

He’s done it he has convinced Nora to go along with the plan. They are going on a cruise Christmas morning and they are Skipping Christmas! No tree, No Office Party, No parties, No buying presents, No lights! He is overly excited that they are skipping Christmas but I think that is all gonna turn into a disaster… Well that’s it. And that was Ten whole minutes.. Wow. Bye! -Julie

4. So, lately, I’ve been reading the NewTestiment, in the Bible.I shall compare it to the Book of Mormon.
    They both tlk about god & christ.
    They both are used at my church.
    They are both something to live by.

B.o.M has Alma, Nephi, Heleman, ect.
    More peole have read the Bible.
    The Bible is thicker.
    ‘Bible’ is shorter title than ‘Book of Mormon’.
    Times up! Good-Bye!

5. hey dr. roy a.k.a mr mayfield
    well i guess this is another week of these journals and now i am reading the connecticut yankee at king arthers court by mark twain
    and so far i have read that it was a soft reposeful summer landscape and as
    a dream and as lonesome as a sunday
    and the sweat air was full of the smell of flowers and the buzzing of the pesky insects and the flapping of the loud annoying birds and there were no people around for miles and miles and miles
    bye

6. i am reading another amelia book called Amelia’s 7th Grade Notebook.
    i am going to do a character story amelia’s story

She is so excited to be in 7th grade b/c opening lockers in easier, switching classes faster and her older sister Cleo is in 9th grade so she is not in the same school. to amelia this is going to be the best year ever. Also she has 3 classes W/ her best friend Carly. the only bad thing is that she has one mean teacher from last year named Mr. Lambaste. Usually he has a mean scowl on his face all the time. but, it’s good b/c the rest of her teachers are as sweet as could be.

7. Okay I just read the book Clockwork Angel. It’s in London, April 1878. Shadowhunter William Herondale kills a Shax demon and searches for Jem his “hunting buddy”. Jem is in an alley and has found the body of a girl who they later find out is fourteen-year-old Emma Bayliss. They find a dagger imprinted with two snakes each biting the other’s.
    Tessa is thinking of her clockwork angel necklace when she arrives at Southampton dock aboard the Main, expecting to find her brother Nate waiting for her. Tessa was living in NY with her Aunt Harriet, but her aunt had passed away recently and her brother asked her to come stay with him in Liverpool. At the port, instead of her brother, Tessa finds the Dark Sisters, Mrs. Dark and Mrs. Black, who have a letter from her brother saying that he could not meet her because of business, but that the sisters will bring her to him. Tessa goes with them uknowing of what they really have planed.

Six Weeks Later. Tessa has been held prisoner by the Sisters. They have been training her to Change (Tessa can take on the appearance of someone else, living or dead, by holding something which belongs to them). This time Tessa becomes Emma Bayliss and relives her last few moments alive. The sisters are impressed and tell Tessa that they have been preparing her for an arranged marriage to a mysterious individual known as “the Magister.” The expect the marriage to take place that day or the next. The sisters leave and Tessa tries to run away but is caught by the Sister’s coachman. Tessa is tied to her bed, she attempts to escape again by using the Change. Just as she escapes her bindings the door opens. It is Will, who followed the trail from Emma’s body to an organization called the Pandemonium Club and the Sister’s house. Will and his friends help Tessa escape and when the Dark Sisters catch up a battle stts where Mrs. Black is killed, and Tessa is knocked unconscious.

Tessa wakes up in the London Institute to find herself being examined by Brother Enoch, one of the Silent Brothers, who informs her that she is a shape-changer and a Downworlder. Tessa meets the inhabitants of the Institute. The next morning Jessamine takes Tessa shopping; Charlotte and Henry look for Tessa’s brother; and Will and Jem inspect the Sister’s house. Will and Jem find a clockwork automaton wrapped in human flesh. A vampire named de Quincy is said to be the Magister and is said to have Tessa’s brother. Tessa and Will infiltrate one of de Quincy’s parties. At his parties de Quincy slowly drains a human victim; this is against the Accord, which allows the Shadowhunters to attack de Quincy. Things go terribly wrong at the party when de Quincy’s victim is revealed to be Tessa’s brother Nate.(INSERT SUPRISED LOOK HERE)

Tessa and the Shadowhunters kill the vampires at the party, save Nate and bring him to the institute, but de Quincy escapes. Will bites vampire to save Nate and Tessa and has to drink holy water to recover. Tessa and Jem go for a walk and are attacked by the Magister’s clockwork army. They make it to the institute where the Shadowhunters barely fight the army off. Jem reveals that he is addicted to demon blood and is slowly dying from it sice he was infected as a child. Most of the Shadowhunters leave to kill de Quincy who is hiding out. Mortmain, the mundane who informed the Shadowhunters of de Quincy comes back to the institute and tells Will and Jem the location of the Dark sister who is trying to help the Magister with his army. They rush off to kill her leaving Nate, Jessamine and Tessa alone. Mortmain comes back with the clockwork army and reveals himself as the real Magister.(INSERT ANOTHER SUPRISED LOOK HERE)

Nate tells everyone that he is Mortmain’s servant. The girls lock themselves in a room, but Mortmain tricks them to open the door. Tessa agrees to marry Mortmain if he will leave everyone alone and he agrees. Once the army has left the room Tessa stabs herself in the heart and Mortmain leaves very dissapointed.

Will rushes back when he realizes his mistake. At the Institute he runs into the army and Nate. Nate orders the army to kill Will. Jem makes it back and helps Will and then the rest of the Shadowhunters arrive. The army leaves. Will finds Tessa who is alive; she Changed quickly just before stabbing herself and the blood was from a gunshot victum she had Changed to before with the Sisters. Tessa is asked to stay at the Institute and she happily accepts. At the end of the book Will tries to get Magnus Bane’s help. Tats the book. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Well hey. I didnt blog yesterday because i need to get back in the groove of school. So….. im starting on a new series known as the Lost Hero series. It is written by the same author of the Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan, who is now my favorite author. The Lost Hero is like Percy Jackson except Percy Jackson isnt in it. So its about 3 new half-blood heros who come to Camp Halfblood and are automatically sent on a quest. It starts out with 1 of the heroes, it switches between the 3 characters, Jason wakes up and he has no idea where he is and whats going on. He remembers nothing and hes on a bus holding hands with a girl. He looks over at her with a puzzled look.
    Tuesday-She looks back at him with a funny face and he asks her where he is and she says their are at the Wilderness School, a school for bad kids, but she doesnt understand because he says he doesnt know her but she says they have been going out for 2 weeks. He asks her her name and she says its Piper. Then in the seat in front of them pops out another kid who starts making fun of him because he thinks hes joking with them about forgetting everything. It turns out that he is Leo, Jasons bestfriend, and they are all on their way to a museum. Then the bus stops.

9. Hi In response to the amazing Dr Mafeld’s blog post I have to say Catching Fire was not very good but Mockingjay is awesome but a little sad, it IS a war but, so many deaths.

Now on to blogs.

Wednesday-
    Okay, I am reading Maze Runner again for B.O.B. and I have liked it so far the first time I read it. In the book right now Thomas is taking the tour of the Glade when the alarms go off to signal the box bringing in someone to the “prison”, as Thomas thinks it is. He waits and then Alby runs off to go see. Everyone except Newt is confused because the Gladers usually only get on Newbie a month, and especially not two in two consecutive days. The night before this, Newt wakes up Thomas to show him the Grievers through the thick glass window. Thomas also decides in his mind that he wants to be a runner. He makes a friend named Chuck. That’s all for today!!

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ 8)

10. hey mr mayfield
    well now i am reading the celebrated jumping frog of calaveras county by mark twain
    well this is my second set of journals yay almost done but any way so far i have read that in compliance with the request of a friend of mine and who wrote me from the east and i called on good-natured and garrulous old simon wheeler and inquired after my friends friend and leonidas w. smiley and as requested to do and i hereunto append the result
    finally 2/3 done
    bye

11. Well, most 6th graders think I’m crazy anyway. But I am. I also heardeded (hear-did-did) that was the translation. Anywho, I heard that 6th graders don’t like me. But I don’t care either cause I LOVE you all!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
    It pays being a Saint. So, I’m really excited to be back because I love reading everyones blogs. Especially about peoples Christmas joys (and unjoys.) I had the flu over Christmas break, and strep throat so I was out for like a week. Stinks. Then I went on vacation. So, yeah, turned out really good. I’m not going to be at school on Friday because I have (drumroll from all band students who know what this is……) *drum* Samford Honor Band. Yeo, really excited. Anyway, I’m gonna blog now and stop talking!

I am reading The Scorch Trials. It is the sequal to The Maze Runner.
    So shuck it you shankin clunk face!

Tues.- So basically at the begining of the book they are waking up from where The Maze Runner left off. They are really confused and they go out into the common area and see a bunch of dead people hanging from the ceiling. *shushed whisper, scary music* I see dead people.
    So yeah, they all freak out and go into a room that is/was Teresa’s. She isn’t there. So naturally, Tom is all “OMG, my girlfriend’s missing!!!” And he can’t find her telepathically and he thinks they killed her.

Wed.- Turns out Teresa has been replaced by some boy named Aris (I think that’s how you spell it) Well Aris was in a Maze too and he has the same exact variables as all the other boys except he was thrown into a Maze of girls! (Sorry, girls, some other chick gets him. And all the girls want to kill him and her. See how mean girls are? Yeah. We are. Not me though *laughs nervously*) Well, Tom is still all pouty about Teresa and he and the other guys are having a meeting in the Teresa room. Well, this siren goes off and it sounds just like the one that means the Box has arrived. I think they freak. A lot. The door is magically locked and all the dead people are gone.

Thurs.- Dun dun dun…. So they are all starving and have nothing to eat. They have nothing for a while and then Minho wakes him up. (For the record, I don’t like Minho at all. He’s too sarcastic. Coming from a sarcastic person. He’s really bad.) Minho gives him an apple and explains that this man had appeared sitting behind a desk and won’t tell him anything, but food is with him so no one really cares. So Tom happily prances into the common area and said he is just gonna go up to the dude. But he prances happily (once again) into a invisible forcefield. Oh NO! -To be continued-

Mafeld, everyone knows how much you’re lying. You LOVED the Hunger Games way more than your saying.
    Don’t make sixth grade read that. Make them read No Fear Shakespeare’s version of Romeo and Juliet. Everyone is like NO!!! But it is good. So yeah. Good read, worth your time.
    (Jacqueline spilled your secrets and told me she got to read the black book with a little red devil on the front going into 7th grade! That would of been really fun to read! Come on!) ๐Ÿ™‚ JK
    Anyway, this is one exciting year.
    Reasons why:
    1. Breaking Dawn Part 1 hits theaters in November! (Eclipse had the most watched commercial in 2010 over Harry Potter! Haha, Potter fans!)
    2. The 3rd Hush, Hush book comes out!!! Yes!
    3. I will finish 7th grade. (Hopefully)
    4. I get my ACT scores soon.

Kay, I have to go. Hope you all have fun blogging you shuck/clunk/shanks.
    – St. K

12. Hi folks! It”s good to be back on blogging again isn’t it? Man it’s been a while for me. Well, as you all may or should know,I amonce again back on my Twilight reading. Wow, people can read that in like a couple of weeks but it has taken me a year or so to actually stay on it! haha. Well I suppose that is just how it goes. ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyway, so I read about 15 pages tonight therefore I shall do 5 minutes of blogging. That means tomorrow I will do 10 minutes.

Okay, so 10 have no clue where I left off with this book last time I blogged about it so I’m just going to start from wherever I thought I was at. So Edward and Bella are in the car and Edward is taking Bella home. Now they are talking and talking and talking some more pretty much just about Edwardand his let’s just say “eating habbits” or “diet”. They are also just talking about what Bella would have done if Edward wouldn’t have shown up. So when they get back to Charlie’s house, they begin talking about seeing eachother tommorrow. Then Bella goes into the house and they meet up the next day.

Well, sadly, that is all I have for you tonight. But tomorrow I shall blog once again. Good bye and good night everybody. ๐Ÿ™‚

13. i am reading Amelia;s 7th Grade Notebook.
    i am doing one more character story the same character, Amelia.
    she is now in the 7th grade and her very 1st school dance is tomarrow afternoon and it is just for 7th graders… At 1st she was excited about going to her 1st dance and there only people her age there. But the more and more her friends talked about how they hope a cute boy asks them to dance, Amelia didn’t want to go more and more. the night before the dance Amelia went home and looked at herself in the mirror .then she thought that she wasn’t ugly. when she went to school that morning she asked her friend Carly if she was pretty but you know she said “of course you are” after that Amelia and Leah went to art class. they all had to make self portraits of themselves.during that time Leah couldn’t stop thinking about the dance. now amelia was dressed for the dance and was heading there now. when they got there carly was asked to dance right on the spot!! then leah was asked to dance. after that she got very mad and amelia and carly got into a fight and ran home crying. she stayed outside a little bit and then came in hoping cleo wouldn’t noticed she had cried. then she told her mom that she didn’t get asked to the dance. And then her mom told her she didn’t know why b/c amelia is very pretty and there was always the next dance but the thing that came out of her mouth the fastest was ,OH NO THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE A NEXT DANCE B/C I AM NOT GOING. AND THAT IS THAT!!!!

14. Ok I left off with the Lost Hero and Jason wakes up on a bus holding hands with a girl that he doesnt even know and strangely he doesnt remember anything. Like he was just born. It turns out the girl he is holding hands with is Piper, his girlfriend, and he is in a school for bad kids called Wilderness School. His best friend,Leo, is in the seat in front of them and he says they are on the way to a museum at the grand canyon. They all think he is joking because they say hes been their since a year ago. They dont understand and then the bus stops. A small man stands up at the front of the bus and he is known as Coach Hedge. He is the school principal. He gets his megaphone and announces that they have arrived. While he looks around he notices Jason and he gives a sour look on his face. He keeps a bat with him that he threatens to hit people with too. So he is a pretty mean guy. They climb off the bus and head into the museum.

15. Tuesday

Wondering what would have happened if Neb (the boy in Castaways of the Flying Dutchman) would have escaped in Denmark?
    My guess is that he would have found the black lab and went to a bench and hid until the pirates were gone. Then he would have made a home and been one of those beggars who sits on the corner of the block in New York. Or maybeif he didnโ€™t like the dog anymore โ€ฆ sell the poor black lab. I mean thatโ€™s what I would have to do if I were him, but Iโ€™m not so that is all his discision. That is what I think would have happened to Neb if he escaped the ship in Denmark.

Wednesday

After a lot of thought The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman is like the beginning of Peter and the Starcatchers. They both have characters get on ships. Neb got on because he was running from his stepbrothers and one of them hit him and he fell into the ice cold water, then all of a sudden a stringy rope hits his head and he uses all his strength to climb onboard. In the other book orphans get onboard because the are forced to be slaves to an evil king overseas. Well, I mean, they have \the same ideas just different plots.

Thursday

So far the captain of the Flying Dutchmanis making a deal with a chinease merchant who is offering FOUR emeralds for him to deliver emeralds to other high-payng people. On another POV a boy is running from his stepbrothers and runs into a dead-end. His stepbrothers or the ocean?!?!?!?!?!? Which is worse?!?!?!? Well, he doesnโ€™t have a choice because one of his stepbrothers cuffs (hits) him in the jaw and falls into the freezing cold ocean shivering and alone.

16. I am on the second book of the Witch and Wizard series and it is called The Gift. Wisty and her brother Whit are on the run against The One Who Is The One. Wisty has just been declared as murdered…but she really alive and out for reenge. The One Who Is The One has just murdered her friend Margo and he told the people of the New Order that it was Wisty. She is now furious and Whit is having problems of his own. His dead girlfriend is trying totell him to see the bigger picture, yet he doen’t know what she’s talking about. He seems to be going insane little by little and piece by piece. There was just a concert at Garfunkles and Wistyjust played Born To Fly and sang as well. She is now in an underground cavern where she is going to meet a band who is apparently very famous called the Bionics. That’s really all I got to so far in the book. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

17. St.Kaitlin- You know I love you. It is true that you are weird… but arent we all?? And if it makes you feel better Trey is a lot weirder than you!! I am a sixth grader that likes you Kaitlin..
    Alright I left off talking about how Luther and Nora Krank are going to skip Christmas so that they can go on a cruise Christmas Day. I honestly dont know why on Earth they have to skip Christmas if the cruise leaves Christmas Day… They just make everything difficult. There is gonna have to be some issues cause Christmas is the greatest holiday on Earth! DUH! The first problem comes when the boy scouts arrive to sell a Christmas tree to the Kranks… They go off on a rant about how they are raising money for the boy scouts and how Luther spent 80$ on a tree the year before. This year the price has gone up to 100$ for a tree and Luther says That they dont want a tree and they are not participating in Christmas this year, The Boy Scouts get all depressed and the news spreads fast around town that the Kranks are skipping Christmas they get a hard time from everyone. The next test comes when the police officers come to sell a calender that they will use to give money to the poor. Once again Luther says no and the officers are appalled. They all get mad and leave. So right now the Kranks are getting a hard time from everyone for Skipping Christmas.

18. hey, song of today is when im gone by (shady’s back ๐Ÿ™‚ ) eminem, and i read artemis fowl the 4th (i skipped it somehow ๐Ÿ˜› ) so i think ill do alt ending. instead of opal strapping a bomb to julius, she straps headphones playing justin beiber (horrifying!). this way, there is not thought of holly firing an incinderary device at root, and therefore no way for holly to know that artemis and butler are about to die, thereby destroying the book. hurts your head, don’t it?

now lets do….summary? yeah, why not. opal’s in a coma, but her henchpixies break her out, holly shoots a bomb thingy on julius’s chest that opal placed, looks like holly shot julius. holly runs to germany, a biobomb is about to hit artemis, contains it with her helmet, but it shorts her diagnostics, so she is ‘dead’ to foaly. holly evacs artemis and tries to jog his memory from the lep wipe in book 3, opal takes them prisoner. butler calls artemis, a message is left about opal taking them prisoner, butler gets home, dwarf mulch diggums is raiding the fridge. butler pulls a gun on him (bc of the mindwipe) and mulch dives him a disc with fairy info that artemis gave mulch. butler remembers, they go to the 11 wonders (fairy themepark) where holly and artemis are fighting an army of trolls. thats about all i read so far.

now…comparison. harry potter and artemis fowl are alike because they are both gifted, and both magical.artemis does not have a weak male friend *coughRONcough* but they do have a female magical love interest. gotta jet!

and saint k, at least in harry potter, vampires don’t sparkle! they ask for a biography of potter. silly muggles!

19. Hi I am reading Maze Runner for the B.O.B. books.

Thursday-

In Maze Runner Thomas is doing work with the different Keepers to find what he is good at. He starts with Winston at the Blood House (animals) and finds that he does not like killing animals. He wanders into the Graveyard where Ben, the sick boy, attacks him and tries to kill him. Thomas is rescued by Alby and he is then taken to the Med-Jacks to be patched up and put back to work. Ben is banished and kicked out of the Glade. Thomas then goes to work for Zart and work in the gardens. That is all I have read today.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ 8)

20. I am reading “Out of the Dust”. If I had written this book, I would not have made Billy Joe’s Ma die. (Billy Joe is a girl!) (Weird name right?) Anyway, I would also obveously, change Billy’s name. I would have her newborn baby brother survive and that her Daddy would talk more. I like the fact that she had Billy get burned and have trouble with the piano. The story upsets me too. Because of all the deaths and how it is always so dangerous with the constant dust storms. I also like how creative the story line is. Although the organization of the text.
    Any ways, it’s late, bye!

21. tonight i read one of the books i got for Christmas. i am going to write fifteen mins. about it.

Tuesday: for today i am going to compare this book to the Percy Jackson books
    they are both books about wars both main characters are special parts of their army and they both have something special their grand fathers gave to them.
    different:the chief doesn’t have as big an army as Percy the enemy’s in halo aren’t human and the chief in halo has armor.

Wednesday: the authors purpose of writing this book was to entertain his audience. also his purpose in this book was to answer questions that people had in the game. people wanted to know how the story of halo started and the game didn’t answer that question so Microsoft made a series about the halo world.

Thursday: this book starts out with the chief going into this battlefield full of covenant warriors called dogs.the chief finds hundreds of them so him and his spartan warriors go and blow up a whole bunch of them. he throws a lot of grenades and most of them die. the the Spartans jump off of a cliff and deploy their ropes. banshees fly in and they blow them all up with a couple of high power bombs. and then chapter one starts. yea that was just the prologue.

22. Yea! I actually finished the 10th chapter of Twilight in 2 days!!! I feel good and proud. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am making progress. Okay, so tonight I shall summarize and compare and contrast the book from the movie.

Alrighty, so Bella and Edward are at the school and everybody is staring at them and everything. Well when Jessica and Bella get to trig, they start talking about what happened the night before. And Bella is just saying well we just talked and stuff, but Jessica finally squeezes the details out of her. So Bella is now telling her all of the details, minus the fact that he is a vampire. At lunch, Bella goes and sits with Edward for once and everyone statrs looking and staring at them both together. Then once again, Edward and Bella begin talking. Go figure. And Edward was evesdropping on Jessica’s and Bella’s conversation, so guess what one of there first topic was? Of coarse. But that is pretty much as far as I have gotten unless you want every single detail!

Now in the movie, Bella and Edward don’ttalkin the car on there way to the school. In the book they do. In the movie, Bella and Jessica did’t really so much talk in trig, but in the book, they did. Also in the book, Edward and Bella have a bit of a long conversation at lunch, but in the movie, they didn’t! I am seeing that the book has way more details then the movie. As do all of them!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Well I guess that’s just about all folks! 15 minutes for this week! Talk to you all next week. ๐Ÿ™‚

23. okay, for once in my blogging career, I’m going to summarize some of 2nd kings of the old testament. It starts with king Hezekiah being threatened by the king of Assyria. Hezekiah then goes into the the temple of the lord and prays to God to get rid of the king of Assyria. God then tells the Assyrians that he would send him back the way that they came. the next morning God had done as he promised. He had sent the Assyrians away the way they came.
    not too much after this, Hezekiah got lethally ill with an unspecific disease. Isiah, the prophet told him that he would die. as Isiah was nearly out of Jerusalem, when Hezekiah prayed & wept to God & God healed him and gave him 15 more years of life.
    then, Babylonian leaders heard about Hezekiah’s sickness, and came to give Hezekiah gifts, but when they came, Hezekiah did a very unwise thing. He showed the Babylonian leaders all of his treasury. every last bit. so god said that in time the Israelites would be captured by the Babylonians, and they would take all that they had.
    That is all that I have for now,
    bye