well, guess it’s time to call it a wraps on the first semester…

wow, wow, wow, how time has flown as one writes journals…

“grimm’s brothers fairy tales” – can’t remember if i mentioned that i got it on nook last week – anyway, it’s 600 pages, so i’m still reading it – although i got a good bit read yesterday at the sec championship game (easy to do when i could care less who wins:)

after, oh, about 200 pages, all the stories sort of run together – things are never as they seem, there’s always a set of “impossible” tasks that have to be done, and everything always works out happily ever after – while i like the stories and think they’d be good for middle school, again, the length is rather daunting

started “shine” by the newsboys – one of my more favorite music groups – the book is how to be light in a dark world – whether it means to call people out or to live a silent testimony – sort of that tention

as for magazines, i read SI’s feature on drew brees – their sportsman of the year – not much more i didn’t know from reading brees’ book – but still good – the article about the other members of the miami heat (aka, not lebron and the gang) was good too

hope your last week of journals is wonderful

sincerely,

53 thoughts on “well, guess it’s time to call it a wraps on the first semester…”

1. Hey, the Grim’s Fairy Tales are awesome!!!!!!! I read 100 pgs. of it! However, once of twice it seemed to repeat the same story over, just with different detail. Like the one about a girl, who married a prince, but then the evil step mother switched the sisters. The prince undid the spells both times, and both made the fake princess be sick to get away with it… anyway, it was still pretty good.

Though I read the History too, and I’d like to be able to read the original versions… It aint right that they had to lighten them up… They where ment to warn, and scare kids.

well got to go, 🙂 your class period is almost over! :'( I’ll miss you over Christmas break!!!!! But have a fantabulouse, and wonderful happy holidays!!!!

-Olive-A

2. Hey Maf!!!!! Sooooooo how’s it goin???? lol well not good for me kinda since i have microplasma :(…. but i had my update on my tetnus shot and it wasnt bad like brittney had said it was (and yes i know i shouldnt be listening to my older sister lolz) but other than that everything is great here at our Price residence lolz! Can’t remember what i said in my last blog like thing to you but i have finished the Mortal Instruments series and am now reading the Luxe series well and The Clockwork Angel which is the prequel to the Mortal Instruments series!!! Brent said it was pretty good so i hope it is!!! Well i know i havent been up to much but alot has been happening including UAB honor band that i went to a couple of weeks ago and i made the top band!!!!! It was awesome but now im on christmas break and kinda boredddd o well i will just go to makaylas soon lolz! Later Maf!!! Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year (with hopefully smart sixth graders!!!!!) :))))

3. Hey Mr. Mayfield merry Christmas what did u get I got a new phone and I am posting this by my phone.