one last third nine weeks blog (for you)…

last week before finals – it’s all getting closer…

“the strangest man” by farmelo – book about a scientist who helped advance quantum mechanics – and several other fields – he was a theorist so he was more effective thinking about the ways that the universe should work – and then letting others prove those thoughts – than he was taking the work of others and drawing conclusions – so a highly creative mind – very interesting book – particularly the passages about the close ties between the government and world war ii (so far as attempting to build nuclear weaponry)

“Endgame” by frank brady – story of bobby fischer – famous chess player – conquered three decades of soviet reign on the chess board – and then fell off the face of the earth – re-emerged later a bitter man with highly racists views – and anti-US beliefs that probably helped lead him to an early death – very sad waste of talent – there can be such a fine line between genius and insanity – and the line isn’t always clear – i guess the question ย – or one of them – with fischer is whether or not he was mentally sound – or whether he brought his ruin upon himself – the choices he made – it’s an interesting debate one could make with one who’s read the book

read a few other smaller things – an AP study guide for english (took me back to 12th grade – except, i’ve realized i’m stupider now) – two books on brain puzzles – and a book on running devotionals – by jim ryun – wonderful book – i respect ryun a TON (and loved the photo of camper ryan hall from ’06 in there – right before hall became the best US marathoner in a while…)

hope your last week of journals before spring break doesn’t make you cry too much – up to 26,000 words on my third novel…

22 thoughts on “one last third nine weeks blog (for you)…”

1. Alright that is very agrravating i just had like a half of page typed and for some reason it just all got deleted all of my writing and did not even touch the key-boared. so here i go starting again.

Whats up mr. mayfield well i am sick again today and there are only a few good things that come out of being sick . These thingfs are ,you get to lay in the bed all day you dont have to do your chores and get all of your homework done before the next day.

Anyways this week while i was reading the book wild at heart i came across another thing that is actually true agian. this was that a person needs something to actually show them you trust them. and the number one thing that works is that you have something that is very important and you rely on that person to do that thing that is very important. The way that they made this appeal to me is that he said that when was thirteen years old he was spending the summer with his grandfather and one of the cows got out of his pen and started eating alfalfa which expands in one of the chambers of their 4 stomachs and causes that chamber to explodes which would kill the cattle so at the age of thirteen his grandfather told hime to go out and rangel the biggest horse saddle the horse and drive the cow back into the pen before the cow ate too much alfalfa and he felt so honored that he got to do this but at the same time he was scared that he was gonna mess up and loose his grandfather trust. and every one wants trust because if not you have got issues. Okay well that is all that I have to say for now i will finish the book and let you know how that it went.

2. He y i am on the hunger games and left off when they came to the last floor and they would train. First they started out by checking out all the competition then they decided to not worry about weapons but learn how to survive in the arena. As they were at a knot tying thing they noticed that the youngest girl that has been chosen is watching them and her name is rue. As they finish up they do a little on camoflauge and head back upstairs to get ready for dinner. She gets a shower and gets all prettied up. When she gets down there she eats a good meal and prepare for tghere training day tommorrow.. that is where they perform in front of judges and they rate u on points on how good u ar.

3. I’m reading the book Disney After Dark. After saving their friend Jess from the overtakers, Wayne went missing. Jess also has the gift of seeing visions of the future like Wayne. She wrote down her visions in her diary, and knew they need her help to find Wayne. By hacking into the Disney computer system, Philby is able to make Amanda and Jess a DHI. By analyzing Jessโ€™s diary, they see that Wayne is being held hostage by the overtakers in Epcot. They find clues that Wayne had left, knowing heโ€™d be captured, and that leads them to the Norway section of Epcot, looking for a sword.
    They see that many Overtakers are now guarding areas in Epcot including Gigabyte from Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!, Crash test dummies from Test Track, and Vikings from the Maelstrom ride. After retrieving the sword from the Maelstrom ride, the Kingdom Keepers found themselves wondering if they had the right clue. They then discover a fly on the sword, and they looked up some clues on the computer that could lead them further. Then, the Keepers chose to split up and go on rides at Epcot that have flying in them. There Maybeck and Charlene were able to go through a changed ride that only they could go through (being half the weight of a human due to their DHI stature), and they saw that Wayne had left them another message. He said that โ€œthe answer is keeping the rain off, itโ€™s on your brain, and itโ€™s where the stars never grow oldโ€. They learn that he was talking about the Hollywood studios. All the sudden, Jess got a vision that Wayne was being kept at Wonders of Life, an attraction area thatโ€™s inside a pavilion. They see many of the overtakers guarding the pavilion. After Charlene helped to distract them, the Kingdom Keepers were able to get in. Philby went to the control room with Willa, and Amanda and Jess stayed back to help Charlene. Maybeck and Finn snuck through an air vent, and Charlene was able to run around and get inside to find Wayne through another path. Charlene saw Wayne tied up and tried to free him. Soon she realized it was a trap, and saw a lion and trolls start to attack her. Since Philby was watching everyone at the control center, he was able to get her out by turning on the sprinklers, and texted the others that this was a trap to lure them.
    The Keepers returned to a gift shop they had set as a checkpoint. Finn then realized a huge problem. They had left behind the control modulator that sent them back into their bodies sleeping, and it had been collected and put in a locked lost and found cabinet. They now knew they couldnโ€™t get back until 7 oโ€™clock and they decided they could fit one more try in. They looked back at the riddle and saw something they hadnโ€™t noticed before. They were in Hollywood Studios, and the icon of the studio is Mickeyโ€™s Giant hat. It keeps the rain away, itโ€™s on your brain, and has stars that never grow old on it, just as Wayneโ€™s clue had mentioned. Mickey only uses that hat during the performance Fantasmic!, and the two leaders of the overtakers are in that performance, Chernabog, and Maleficent. Philby took the control room again, and Charlene, Willa, and Maybeck went around to distract Chernabog, who would appear as a dragon.
    Finn soon got onto the stage-as Disney was doing a rehearsal, except the real Maleficent was on stage- and fought Maleficent. Maleficent has the power to turn into any animal, and she morphed into a bird. Soon after fighting a little with the sword, Maleficent was hit and was wounded. Unfortunately, Philby had opened a trap door for Finn, except Maleficent went in it instead and escaped. Though Chernabog in dragon form was still there and about to breathe fire. Right before that happened, Wayne had for the first time appeared above him on a wall. He told him to surrender he couldnโ€™t win. Though he said that Amanda had told him to fight back instead, and he didnโ€™t back down. As the dragon was about to spew flames, Charlene had hit its Achilles heel with a prop spear, and it fell but still threw out flames. The flames missed everyone, except Wayne who combusted into flames and disappeared. Chernabog as well morphed back into its demon form and escaped. Back at the gift show, Philby had taken the recording of it from the security camera via flash drive, and they all watched it and saw the same thing. That was not Wayne, it was a DHI. Then they realize where Wayne is, in a box, and rescue him. Hopefully I didn’t ruin the book for someone. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

4. MR. MAYFIELD!!! AHHHHH!!!! I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! I tried out for All County Honor Band today.. Which is a big deal for me because I’m the only Sixth grader trying out but I did a really Good Job! I am proud of myself so I hope I make it! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ I have to VLOG! For 5 Minutes now.
    Luckily, I read like all day today Cause I was so Scared about Trying out for all County so they only way to get my mind off of it was to Read.. So I did a lot of reading today! YAY!

So, I left off with there being a bad storm on the Dawn Treader, So Finally the storm is over with and The Dawn Treader finds land! Which is a good thing because they were running out of water. And that would not have been good. The Island they are on now has no name.. So Right now its No Name Island. Well, Eustace is glad to be on land but because he is so Weird he Decides to be the Smart one and Walk away on this strange island Where Nobody knows where he is. Eustace gets Lost. When he thinks he is making his way back. He finds a Dragon and there he sees the Dragon come out of the cave. The Dragon goes over to a pond and drinks out of it but then the Dragon just kinda Kills over and Dies… It would have been a strange sight for me to see.
    Ok, I VLOGGED For 5 Minutes, I have to go now. -Julie

5. hey i am on the hunger games and i left off as they finished training and were getting ready for the next day where they would base how good u ar based on a scale between 1 through 10. They would go in front of the game makers who would be changing things in the arena to make it more difficult. So the next morning she got ready ate some breakfast and got dressed and headed down to the lobby of the arena. There she would wait with the rest of the tributes while they would call in the tributes in ascending order. So katniss was actually last. She figured that tthe gamemakers would be tired when she was called in to the arena. When she went in she immediatley went to the bow and arrow because that was her specialty.

6. First Chair… I still cant believe it.. The Seventh Grader who also made it is not going to be happy when he finds out a sixth grader beat him.. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Today was A wonderful day and I wish all my days could be like this. I have to VLOG now for 5 minutes.

I left off with Eustace watching a dragon die right before his very eyes… Which is really Weird. Eustace ran away from the group and now he is lost and nobody can find him. Well After Eustace watches the Dragon die he decides to go in the Dragons Cave to sleep where he then finds the whole thing piled up with treasure. There is a bracelet that he spots that has a jewel in the center and Eustace gets the wonderful bright idea to take it. So he slides it up his arm and he falls alsleep. When Eustace wakes up he felt that his arm was throbbing so he goes and he gets water to see that he has been turned into a Dragon. I cant believe it took him that long to finally figure out that something was wrong with him. Well now Eustace can fly so he gets back to the Group and somehow he shows them that he is Eustace and that he doesnt know how he got turned into a dragon and nobody seems to worried about it..
    Ok I am done now, I must go and play my Saxophone now So I can feel SUPERIOR. ๐Ÿ™‚ – Julie *^_^

7. In Forrest Gump, he is making A LOT OF MONEY!!! He is wrestling… i know thats a twist from the movie but the author wrote it like that and there are alot of situations like that. His name is the “The Dunce”. Thats so mean!!!!!!! Him and luitenant Dan’s plan is to make at least 5000 dollars to start thier shrimp buisness. They have to buy grocieries and nets and lots of other stuff. Forrest want s to keep wrestling even after Jenny wants him to stop because he hasnt felt that appreciated since he played with alabama in college.(the fans love him). Jenny acually leaves him because he wont stop . He finally getrs home and reads the note and finds out she left. So dan leaves cause he thinks its his fault that jenny left. i blogged for 10 minutes tonight.:)

8. hey mr mayfeild im blogging for ten minutes on the book among the hidden. i got a new micraphone for my xbox but my mom said i have to do homework first. any ways i will blog for ten minutes on point of veiw from luke [main charecter]. where i left off is they sold the woods. so he wants to look at the woods one more time before there gone but he couldnt when he was at the table. i sure would like to go play in the woods he might have thought. i wish my parents would finish eating already so we can go play. finaly they finsh eating but i bet they tore half of the woods by now. lets go check yes just enough time to play one last time so lets go play now. after the trucks got close he went back inside. thats it for tonight il blog again thursday.

9. I am reading Bloody Jack for B.O.B.

Monday-
    Jacky is on board the Dolphin and she is learning how to sew. She makes herself a new pair of clothes because her old ones she said were too tight around the rear and because of the Deception and all she makes new pants. The captain sees her the next time they Beat to Quarters and the captain tells Mr. Haywood to issue cloth to Jacky to make uniforms for the other ship’s boys. The other boys don’t like this idea very much but they still wear them because the Captain tells them too. She ends up promising to Deacon Dunne that she will memorize 50 verses from the bible.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜ฎ 8) ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰

10. I am reading Bloody Jack.

Tuesday-
    In Bloody Jack, Jacky and the other members of the ship encounter their first pirate. The pirate was trying to sink another vessel and the Dolphin sneaks up to the pirate. The crew shoots the pirate ship and Jacky gets shot at because she is standing with her drum next to the Captain. They shoot the pirate a total of three times before they Man the Boarding Party and Jacky realizes they are trying to take the vessel, not sink it. They jump onto the other ship and Jaimy is the first one across like he says he would be. Jacky follows and she finds a gun in the holster of a dead pirate. She finds Jaimy and shoots the pirate holding the treasure that is about to kill Jaimy. The battle is over.

Wednesday-
    After the battle, Jacky is in a daze when she realizes that she killed a pirate and she used a gun not a sword. This is where the name “Bloody Jack” comes from. She killed the pirate but Blifful got credit for the kill because he stabbed the wounded pirate again and no one saw him do it so they just think that Jacky got in a mess. She gives the gun to the Master of Arms and goes down and hides in her lowest hidey hole. Benjy is killed and the Deacon says some words over his body and Jacky and the other Ship’s boys lower him into the water. They place him onto a board wrapped in canvas with a cannon ball at his feet from their gun. His mouth is sewn shut and they drop him into the water.

๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜€ 8) ๐Ÿ˜‰

11. Hey i am on the hinger games and i left off as Katniss went to show the gamemakers what she could do. She would do this because they would rate her on how good she is on a scale of 1 to 10. She walked in and saw the gamemakers at the top of the arena watchig. She immediatley went for the bow since she was the best at that. She got the bow and it took her a few shots to get used to the bow. She shot a few dummies in the head, the heart, and evry other place u could think of. When she was almost done she looked up and saw them paying all there attention to the roasted pig that was on the table in ffront of them. The sight of this made her really mad and without thinking she pulled back her bow and arrow and shot an arrow straight through the apple in the pigs mouth. A gamemaker fell backwards into a bowl of punch and the rest just stood there in shock. With a final thank you she trudged out of the room without being dismissed.

12. This week has been a wonderful Week. But Sadly, I havent sat on any Hard Bleachers lately.. ๐Ÿ™‚ They’re Very hard to find. I realized that I really have read a lot lately.. I started over on the Harry Potter Series and I would read one book every Weekend and I finished it in Four Weeks.. Which is really awesome and now I can put it on my Reading Log,, And I am still working on the Chronicles of Narnia. SO now its time to VLOG for 5 minutes.. I was better about blog every night this week then I was last Week, Or the Week before that, OR the Week before that, OR THE WEEK BEFORE that. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
    Wednesday
    Alright so Eustace is now a DRAGON. And he wakes up in the middle of the night and he sees a Huge Lion. It is the size of an ELEPHANT. Eustace being a dragon sees that the lion is motioning him to follow him so Eustace follows the Lion who is, ASLAN. Aslan takes him to a fountain and tells him to Scratch his Skin. So Eustace Scratches and the first Layer of his skin comes off and then he scratches again. Another Layer comes off. He keeps doing this over and over again and then finally Aslan just Cuts into his back and peels away all the skin and out pops Eustace. It was like the Dragon Skin was just a costume. So Eustace walks back to camp and tells everyone what happened and they are all glad to see him. They ask where Aslan is, but he dissapeared. Caspian decides to keep moving so they pack up the Dawn Treader and decide to keep sailing. And soon they arrive at a new island where they camp there for the night,
    Alright I am done ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ -Julie

13. Hey i am on the hunger games and i left off as Katniss walks out of the arena after she shot the arrow threw the pigs apple because the gamemakers werent paying attention. When she left she went to her room and cried. After she quit being a drama queen she got dressed and went down to the dining room where they would eat and watch to see there training scores. She went down there and everybody asked her how she did. she finally got up enough courage to tell her team what she did. they all looked at her crazy. Then she prepared to watch the scores. It went past fast and the whole time she was thinking of consequences that could happen. Then it finally got to her oh and peetas score was an 8. Katniss’s score was 11.

14. Julie, I wouldn’t speak of being superior in front of Trey. it hurts his feelings. He might tell on you. Long story….
    Anyway, I am so excited about All County, and the fact I made a 100 in math. (I’ve only made 2 of those in Partridge’s class this year, so it is a reason to celebrate, believe me) ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m reading The Red Pyramid, it’s good, no matter what all my stupid illiterate friends say.

Mon- So the beginning is about basically how the book would be started, and it is being narrated by Sadie and Carter Kane. They are Dr. Julius Kane’s children. He’s an Egyptologist, and he gets to see Sadie twice a year because their mom is dead and their grandparents blame him. She was killed at Cleopatra’s needle.
    Tues.- So Sadie kind of sounds cool, because she has combat boots JUST LIKE ME!!!!!! I call them army or Katniss boots though. Anyway, it is Christmas Eve and they are going to the British Museum where they have to Rosetta Stone (not the computer program, the rock ๐Ÿ™‚ ) So they make a stop at Cleopatra’s needle and these people appear and then they have to get in the cab and drive away. QUICKLY!
    Wed.- So they get to the museum and meet the curator and they go see the Rosetta stone. Julius starts to get really freaked out and Sadie and Carter go to lock the curator in his office. Then they hear a big boom and of course they run off to investigate.
    Thurs.- they get there and their dad is chanting hieroglyphics and Sadie can magically read them, she yells for him to stop and he gets distracted and the Rosetta Stone exlopdes. So then Set and 5 others are released and he encases Julius in a coffin and it melts through the floor. Then police come and take them away.

Alright, I am now going to get Jack’s and eat fried chicken. yum….
    ๐Ÿ™‚

-St K
    -When the moon is blue, the clock strikes noon

15. Monday

This week Iโ€™m blogging about The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. It is by Brian Jaques, the author of the Redwall series. Anywho, I know that he wrote this to entertain the reader. I pretty sure anyways. I think he wrote this to entertain, but he used facts about the countries and myths of the Flying Dutchman to an advantage, because he twists it to a new point of view of a never-before-heard-of-character. At the same time though he creates the image a huge ship where the boy is put in the galley.

Tuesday

Wondering what would have happened if Neb (the boy in Castaways of the Flying Dutchman) would have escaped in Denmark?
    My guess is that he would have found the black lab and went to a bench and hid until the pirates were gone. Then he would have made a home and been one of those beggars who sits on the corner of the block in New York. Or maybeif he didnโ€™t like the dog anymore โ€ฆ sell the poor black lab. I mean thatโ€™s what I would have to do if I were him, but Iโ€™m not so that is all his discision. That is what I think would have happened to Neb if he escaped the ship in Denmark.

Wednesday

After a lot of thought The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman is like the beginning of Peter and the Starcatchers. They both have characters get on ships. Neb got on because he was running from his stepbrothers and one of them hit him and he fell into the ice cold water, then all of a sudden a stringy rope hits his head and he uses all his strength to climb onboard. In the other book orphans get onboard because the are forced to be slaves to an evil king overseas. Well, I mean, they have \the same ideas just different plots.

Thursday

So far the captain of the Flying Dutchmanis making a deal with a chinease merchant who is offering FOUR emeralds for him to deliver emeralds to other high-payng people. On another POV a boy is running from his stepbrothers and runs into a dead-end. His stepbrothers or the ocean?!?!?!?!?!? Which is worse?!?!?!? Well, he doesnโ€™t have a choice because one of his stepbrothers cuffs (hits) him in the jaw and falls into the freezing cold ocean shivering and alone.

16. I am on Bloody Jack.

Thursday-
    Jacky is now keeping to herself because of all the “bad blood” on the Dolphin and she takes up camp in the mizzen top instead of the foretop. She is accused of killing Bill Sloat. She tells the Captain this because the crew thinks that Liam did it. She is charged of acting on self-defense and just has one night in jail. She gets Mr. Jenkins to fight Bliffil and he is a little bit more restrained now that someone has fought him. The good mood returns to the ship and they find out that a port visit to Kingston is about to come and that helps lighten the sailor’s moods. Willy is promoted to Ordinary Seaman too.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜‰ 8) ๐Ÿ˜€

17. Julie had another Very Very Good day. I wish all my weeks could be like it is this week. I am READY FOR SPRING BREAK! This year instead of doing absolutely nothing for Spring Break, WE will be going to DISNEY WORLD!!!! I am so Happy and Excited because the last time I was there was when I was in the First Grade, And back then my brother didnt like me so we fought a lot.. But Now My Wonderful, Amazing, CRAZY Brother actually loves me… But I still think he liked me the best when I couldnt talk. ๐Ÿ™‚ I cant say I blame him. This is really random but I found out today that my brother speaks Fluent Sarcasm. HAHAHA. ๐Ÿ™‚ I have to VLOG For Five minutes now.
    Thursday
    OK, So the Dawn Treader is sailing again and they come to another island which is uninhabited…. Or so they think. They spend the entire day loading stuff off the ship and getting it on the shore. It is dark by now so they go to sleep and when they wake up Edmund, Lucy, And Caspian set out to look for more of the lords. Who might be Dead or might be alive.. So far only one has been alive. They come to a cave and there inside the cave is a pool of water. Inside the water there is a statue of a Golden MAn. Edmund and Caspian decide that they are going to try and figure out why the MAn is down there and then finally they realize that it is one of the lords. They get one sword and hook it under the mans arm (The water is like ten feet by the way) So Edmund pulls until it is way too hard to pull anymore after that and he realizes that the water turned his sword Gold.. The water lapped up on his boot and the tip of his boot has now been turned into gold.
    WOO> Ok, I am done. -Julie

18. Howdy Mr. Mayfield and anyone else that reads what I put on this site. Went to dance again today and had a blast…as usual! The only downer of it all was that my head was hurting most of the time. Anyway, I am going to blog for 5 minutes tonight since I already did three journals. Btw, sorry I couldn’t blog earlier this week. Busy Busy ole me! Being…….BUSY! ๐Ÿ˜€ Well here I go.

Okie dokie then. I have just finished chapter 13. I think that I left off with??? Oh yes. Edward was talking to Bella in the meadow and telling her all of this “mumbo jumbo” I think is what I said last week, about how he just wouldn’t be able to life without her and junk. -Yes. That is what I call “junk”- So, he starts telling her things like he was so surprised that a human would want to come so close and be so attracted to what he calls his “alieness”. Now they are pretty much just talking and laying down in the meadow. Then once they take I guess a bit of a brake from talking, Edward finally kisses Bella dawwwww. ๐Ÿ™‚ Odd times. Odd times. Then they talk some more and some more until finally I guess they got bored.-Actually the real reason is because Edward had to get Bella home. But instead of it taking them like 2 hours to get all the way back to Bella’s truck, Edward took Bella by the hand, got her on his back, and began running. Fast. As in like, really fast. Vampire fast….? – Very very different from the movie- So now Bella is like real dizzy from her…..Ride…. and that is pretty muchhow chapter 13 ended.

Alrighty then!!!!! It’s been a little bit over 5 minutes, but I think it is close enough. Blog next week! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜€

19. in forrest Gump, forrest is so embarrased because he was on his way to be in the part of a movie and he was rolling and the lady lost her clothes!!! He had to escort here to a clothes store.she was covering herself with big banana leaves. He got thrown in jail because the lady couldnt pay for her dress. Forest was mad. He got bailed out by Mr. Tribble and he went to his chess match. he won but his orangutang messed it up and mr.tribble had to let forrest go. I think the authors purpose for this peice of the story is that when you get embarrased you can learn something from it. Thats my 10 minutes…bye ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

20. twenty mins on halo the flood.

monday- the chief takes keyes to the base and he tells them that halo is a weapon. they need to find halos control room and find out what it was made for. so they go off on this big mission to find it. they carefully plan and decide to attack the truth an reconcillation a covenant ship.

tuesday- the chief gets three hours of sleep and thirty minutes to eat. before he takes off in a pelican. he is equiped with a assault rifle and a 32 magnum with a 2x scope. emmediately the battle starts so the chief uses his pistol and scope and starts killind aliens. the battle lasts for 15 minutes then tey move on into the ship.

wednesday- once inside the chief has to kill few people to get to the ships map room. he gets cortana to steal the map and then gets out and goes back to alpha base. they read the maps and send him to the location of the control room. he fights his way in and connects cortana to the system.

thursday- kaptain keyes is with a group of marines on a search of covenant weapons. they got intel from a pow. they fight off covenant guards and come to a tightly closed door. the technician opens the door and they go inside. keyes hears a creaking noise. then something jumps on a privates back and he screams.

tell what happens next later.

21. hey mr. mayfeild im blogging for ten minutes on authors purpose on amung the hidden. i had a really bad practice today and im about to start the season. anyways ill blog to get my mind off of it. the nex day a govenment worker intrerupted their dinner. i think that the author wrote this because his house wasnt calmb ever. luke didnt know if there was anybody like him. i think that the author included this part because he was unusual or left out.
    if you had two babies you clouldnt have another. i think that the author included this part because he thought that two was a handfull. well i can only hope that my next practice will get better. ill blog again after spring break for the fourth nine weeks. bye.

22. still reading the book taken. i was reading the book in mr. mayfields room but then i started searching around for a book to read and well i found it. i have the book taken at my house. yes i havent read it much yet because of baseball but i have read my amount of reading to do the journals. but tonight im only going to do two so i can write two tomorrow.

authors purpose
    i think that the authors purpose for writing what he wrote here in the second chapter of the book taken was to teach people how to handle themselves during the time of being kidnapped. yes i know i have wrote about the authors purpose for being how to handle yourself in being kidnapped but the girl just keeps on being strong in this time of trouble. she just keeps on talking to the kidnappers and sees what is wrong and how she can fix it. plus when she finally finds out who her kidnappers are she is going to be very angry. yea i skipped ahead a couple of times but i need to know what im facing. so authors purpose is to teach or inforom the reader on how to handle themselves in a situation like this.

genre slip: letter to dark skinned 16 year old boy

dear boy,
    why join a group of criminals that kidnap innocent kids for a living. you could be in school learning how to prevent such things like that from happening. wouldnt the world be a whole lot better without all the evil people in it. besides, after everyone in your “group” gets a share of the ransom money, you wont be left with hardly anything. if you started like a company that prevented things like that you could take as much money out of your business as possible at all times of the day.