the “one and done” journals to be for the week…

so i figure we get monday and then test for the next three days – all days that you’ll be too stressed to produce journals – so i guess we’re left with one journal this week – should be easy…

“always follow the elephants” – ny times health writer talked about whether or not myths, folklore, in relation to science are the truth – like whether ginger helps your ears when you fly (true), whether animals can sense whether changes (true – follow the elephants when they run away – a tsunami may be coming), whether drinking warm milk will put you to sleep (false)

“i am a super evil genius and i want to be your class president” by josh lieb – i may have the title wrong – cute book though – basically, a super evil kid plots to be president of his class – the character, the kid, seems unbelievable at times – i couldn’t figure out if he wasn’t imagining the whole thing – but, unlike going bovine, it wasn’t all one big dream – so that was good – i guess – it would’ve worked either way

“the reason for God” by timothy keller – by far, the best book i’ve read in a while – pastor at a ny church lays out some reasons for why belief in God is important – and why Christianity can make the claims it makes – really encouraging reading and good food for thought – for example, if you say that it doesn’t matter what you belief, then you’ve basically made your own truth claim – your own belief system – that you’ve decided to enforce upon everyone else

reading basketball things and getting ready for opening day in baseball thursday – however, all that will be shelved this week b/c i found out i’m a reader for the high school BOB team – so i’d like to actually read the books i’ll be questioning – we’ll see…

sincerely,

8 thoughts on “the “one and done” journals to be for the week…”

1. Hey i am on Peter and the Starcatchers. I left off as Peter and the other 4 orphans boarded the Neverland. They didnt know why at first they were being boarded onto the ship. As soon as they got on, Peter thought of running for it right before they took off. He looked at the Wasp that was on the other side of them and was jealous. He then spots a girl from across the deck that looked about his age. Then it changes scenes to 2 shipmates of the Neverland and they were about to leave to the ship when Mack told the other shipmate,Alf, that they had one more piece of cargo to load before they could leave. slank said it was the most important piece of cargo they had on board so slank said he would pay them with 1 extra pence.

2. i am reading the dork diaries and i am going to do a soapstone.

S-nikki maxwell
    O-nikki and her friends are quiting the clean up crew
    A-the reader
    P-nikki and her friends were through with taking Makenzie’s bullying
    S-Makenzie blamed nikki for the disaster at her party
    T-humerous
    o
    n
    e

3. I reading a book by Rick Bragg.

Our One And Only Blog This Week-
    This book is about the author’s life and I am still reading the part about his father and mother and his early childhood. His immediate family are sharecroppers and his father was in the Korean War. His mother’s extended family did really well and they live in nice homes with cars. His family lives off of Goodwill and Welfare with a little extra money coming in from his mother when she picks cotton. His mother’s father has passed away and when they get deserted by Bragg’s father the little family goes to his mother’s mother’s house. That’s it for this week.

šŸ™‚ šŸ™ šŸ˜› šŸ˜® 8) šŸ˜‰ šŸ˜€

4. Okay, mayfield, you creeped me out on Monday with that book where the send the kids away to like a labor camp. *Shiver*
    anyway, I’m reading the happiest book ever- MOCKINGJAY! I mean, who doesn’t want to read a book about a depressed teenage girl who has the world on her shoulders and has lost her one true love (which she might have to fight me for) and has to rescue tons of people? I want to know who doesn’t want to read that! Tell me! I will eat you if you don’t and I will- calm, calm, the doctors say to be calm.
    šŸ™‚

Okay, Mockingjay.
    So basically Katniss tells Coin she will be there Mockingjay. Yippee! Right, right? No. Not at all. She has all these ‘demands’. She has to hunt with Gale-*barf barf* hate you Gale! You stink! Wanna be man stealer!- calm, calm, and she gets to keep Buttercup… Oh buttercup. He’s like the cat with a bazillion lives… anyway, she also has to rescue Peeta, Enobaria, and Johannah, and Annie. Annie’s cool. She also gets all this other special stuff. So then they go hunting, and Gale is mad at Katniss because she helped her prep team… And Katniss is like ‘Back off! They’re like my pet birds!’ so yeah. Katniss and her colorful pet birds… šŸ™‚

So, I had a great amazing splendid time blogging tonight. Have a great week!
    – St K
    When the moon is blue the clock strikes noon

5. Hey Mr. Mayfeild I will blog for five minutes on point of veiw from me on the book last dog on earth. So this will finish my bloging for the week.
    Where I left off I think he went to play in the woods one more time. Well the government interupted their dinner and I would be thinking let me eat you’ve already took my woods.

6. Hey, song of today is hear me now by hollywood undead, and i read the complete idiots guide to the vietnam war (sadly, its confusing to me *sob*) anyway, not sure where i left off, so ill descibe Ho chi minh. he isnt really clear what he really was, a communist, or a champion of anticolonial causes. he was born nguyen tat thanh, but his nickname (i guess) was nguyen ai quoc. left vienam as a sailor in 1911, but studied (apparently) in new york’s columbia univeristy, focusing on american politics and democracy. he was inspired by phan boi chau, who rejected monarchy in vietnam. k, see ya next week!

7. hey mr mayfield im almost finished with first strike.
    the chief captures the covenant ship and returns to reach. he saves all of the spartans that were left and attaches his ship to another ship for power. dr halsey has captured a crystal that can bend time and space. cortana docks the two ships at a dock and gets repairs from rebels. the rebels were what the unsc had to fight before the covenant. the rebels are working on repairs when dr halsey steals an escape pod.
    i will tell what happens next next week

8. Monday

This week Iā€™m blogging about The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. It is by Brian Jaques, the author of the Redwall series. Anywho, I know that he wrote this to entertain the reader. I pretty sure anyways. I think he wrote this to entertain, but he used facts about the countries and myths of the Flying Dutchman to an advantage, because he twists it to a new point of view of a never-before-heard-of-character. At the same time though he creates the image a huge ship where the boy is put in the galley.