BOB-bing for high school books…

dear journal bunch,
happy beginning of april – oh, how will any of you begin to cope with the increased homework load this week??? i feel so sorry that you have more than one journal… oh, well, that’s life (more than one journal – yes, that’s life:)

last week, i read some of the high school BOB books so that i could be a better reader in a few weeks – so most of what i read you could read and enjoy (unlike most weeks with what i read – although, i did sneak in “blueprint plan” by kirk franklin and that was a nonfiction that none of you would read – but it was still good – probably most interesting was the afterward where franklin said he’d never even read a book all the way through until he was 26 – wow…)

“the crossroads” – very, very predictable book – not that interesting either – but i’m sure you’d love it all b/c it’s the first book in a series – so you’d have something to read on for a good half-year – which apparently interests most of you (i totally don’t get the series obsession if you can’t figure that out)

“unwind” by shusterman – it’s the future, people are harvesting organs and body parts of teens – if this happens soon, i want julie’s brain, trey’s piano fingers, st. k’s soul (b/c she’s a saint, right???), and maddie’s… well, i don’t think i want anything from her – i’m pretty good there… ๐Ÿ™‚

(unwind was a good book)

“revolver” by sedgwick – it’s 1910 – your father just froze to death – and a crazy guy walks in with a guy – what ya gonna do??? the book read real fast – entertaining – which i guess is all you can ask – but it doesn’t ask the big questions that “unwind” did

those were the books – i read about libya, and japan – and, best of all, the sports illustrated baseball preview – very excited about the new season – not that i have hopes for the braves, cubs, and sox (red and white), but it’s better than watching basketball and other such things…

happy blogging (note the second “g” people – it happened against last week to someone:)

26 thoughts on “BOB-bing for high school books…”

1. HEY i am on Peter and the Starcatchers. I left off as Peter and the orphans get on the Neverland and then it switches scenes. It is 2 guys named Alf and Mack. They are told to carry one more crate on to the Neverland. Slank told them he would pay them an extra pence to carry it on so it must have been important. They take the canvas off the top of it to find a wooden trunk with metal padlocks all over it. They put the canvas back on and lifted it. As soon as Alf lifted it he accidently touched the wood and something seemed to rush through his body like magic. All the pains in his body seemed t5o go away and he tasted all his fravorite ood. He then heard bells. He heard Mack shouting at him and he let go of the crate and as soon as he let go all the pains came back. Mack then asked Alf what happened and he realized that when he touched the crate he was floating.

2. Hey i am on Peter and the Starcatchers. I left off as Alf and Mack were assigned to carry something on board that seemed to be of great value. Alf accidently touched the crate and all of a sudden he felt all these great sensations and all his pains were taken away. He then had the feeling that he was floating and he was awaken by Mack and all of a sudden all his pains came back. They then carry it on to the ship and wondering what was in that box. As soon as he got on the boat he caught eyees with Peter and they exchanged glances. It then changes scenes to Peter. He is standing on the deck and he is thinking of escaping before the ship took off. As soon as Alf and Mack got on board he started to conduct a plan in his mindd to get off the boat.

3. You want my soul? My soul? St K is never giving anyone as unworthy as you my soul! I am the only one who can have my soul.
    Go to my website… It is awesome.
    Here’s the link http://www.funnygummybear.webs.com
    Become a member… Landon is.

Mockingjay
    Mon. So Katniss goes to District 8 and gets to meet all the people in the hospital, one thing I agree with Gale is that it’s stupid to have all those people in one building because it gets bombed… Yeah. Nice thinking.
    Tues. Everyone does and Katniss shoots down a bunch of Capitol aircraft. They make a propo with it and it gets aired everywhere, everyone thinks it is great. Of course, Katniss is the coolest heroine of all time, who says you can’t kick butt and be awesome and feminine if you want?

Alright, I have to go eat, I like to eat. I like eating a lot….
    ๐Ÿ™‚
    – St K

4. MR. Mayfield I NEVER in my entire life thought I would ever be so happy as to say I AM SO GLAD THAT I GET TO BLOG!!! Our computer is Fixed and I have never been so happy… (Well I’ve been happier before) But you know what I mean.. I like to make things dramatic (: Writing out journals takes WAY TOO MUCH EFFORT!! (Ok, I’m being dramatic again) But let me just say blogging is way more fun than writing stuff out on a piece of paper. I dont know why but something about sliding my fingers across a keyboard is way more fun than holding a pencil. HA! And who likes Pencils anyway? Everyone knows that pens are WAY Cooler.. Well that had to be the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.. I’m sitting here having a debate with myself about Why pens are cooler than pencils… Is that what happens to me when I drink too much caffeine? I dont know but I will blog now.. For 10 Minutes! (:
    I do believe that I am reading The Horse and his Boy now which is a Very good book (But its not the best in the Series) I left off in my journals about how Shasta (The main Character) Was a slave and decides to run away taking a Horse which is a talking narnian horse who is really smart. They go to the town of Tarkaan… Where they stay for the night and they meet a girl and another horse who they team up with and travel together They soon become friends.. They all are trying to escape to Narnia so that they will not have to be slaves. They leave Tarkaan and go out in the desert and spend the night near Royal tombs that are haunted by Spirits (Creepy right?) I wouldnt have been able to sleep but somehow they did. They woke up the next morning and they leave to head toward Narnia.. They end up learning that Tarkaan is going to place an attack on Narnia so Shasta and his horse are going to the kings and queens of Narnia to warn them. They are traveling through the desert for days on end without water and it is Extremely Hot (But thats the way a desert it sometimes) (: Then finally they find water and they make it to Narnia safely. Now they just have to get to the kings and queens before the people for Tarkaan attack Narnia (And that wouldnt be good)
    Ok Well I am done blogging And It was quite nice.. WAY BETTER THAN JOURNALS and before I go.. I need to talk about capitals again and how I dominated my brother.. Well I am not learning a bunch of random ones and I have a new favorite… Do you know what the capital of Burkina Faso is? Its Ouagadougou… It sounds like OOWAGADOOGOO HAHA I love it.. I love knowing lots of capitals.. (: (:

5. In the seventh book of this series, not long into his years as a Prince, Darren is once again visited by Desmond Tiny (the creator of vampires and Little People). He explains that the three hunters must find and hunt down the Vampaneze Lord if they have any hopes to win the war. He announces that two of them are Darren and Mr. Crepsley, but the third one they must find on their way. The hunters are told by Mr. Tiny that they will cross paths with the Lord of the Vampaneze four times throughout their quest, and have only those four chances to destroy him.

They leave and go to Lady Evanna for help as they were instructed by Mr.Tiny. On the way they meet with Vancha March, another Vampire Prince and the last hunter. Vancha’s skin is a dark shade of red, due to his constant battle with the sun (he thinks that the sun, like any other enemy of the creatures of the night, can be defeated) and does not like to use weapons, using his bare hands instead. Though, he does use the shurikens that are strapped to his belt when necessary. He prefers to wear only clothes made from animals, and doesn’t care for having many manners. He claims to be a ladies man, though Darren perceives him as someone whom all women dislike.

The three get to Evanna’s house, and she lets them stay with her for a few days so they can discuss what Mr.Tiny said and where they should go next. Leaving Lady Evanna’s house, they set their sites back towards the Cirque Du Freak, following Darren’s gut feeling as a Vampire Prince and the main hunter. While they are staying there, Darren notices Lady Evanna leaving the Cirque one night and follows her to a nearby forest. He witnesses Lady Evanna meeting with a group of Vampaneze and fears the worst. Darren gets the others, and they prepare an attack.

After launching what seemed to be a successful strike on the group of Vampaneze, two of them get away. One being Vancha’s brother, and the other being a servant of the Vampaneze. Vancha lets them get away after realizing that one is his brother. However, little to their knowledge, the servant was actually a disguise and it turned out to be the Lord of the Vampaneze! After a few more nights at the Cirque to once again come up with a strategy, they set off to once more try to encounter the Lord and destroy him to end the War of the Scars.

6. I’m reading a book my dad has had fir a while… It’s called Vietnam Diary. I really haven’t read alot if it but, I think the authors purpose is to show you that people that go into war think it’s easy before they get there but when there actually in it they realize that it is harder than they think. I think that’s the authors purpose and thus is a good book, I need to read some more

7. HEY i am on Peter and the Starcatchers and i left off as Peter starts conducting a plan so he could escape off the Neverland and not be shipped off to an unknown area. he finally had thought of a plan. HE was going to run and jump off the gangplank as soon as the ship was setting off. It came time after several minutes to run his plan. He looked around to make sure nobody was looking and he caught eyes witha girl across the deck wearing very fancy clothes with an older woman standing beside her. He saw her nod toward the gangplank and noticed the really big man standin next to it and he was holding a whip. He then heard rapid footsteps and saw a guy trying to run for it like Peter thought of doing. As soon as he got 3 feet away from the guy he lashed the whip at him and wrapped it around his legs. The man then fell to the floor crying while the people carried him away.

8. I am writing about a book by Rick Bragg. And Kaitlin, we know you like to eat a lot. I have to do three blogs today- i know, the increased work load- its killing me ๐Ÿ™‚

Monday-
    Okay, in the story, He talks about his early life and how they never really had a father, unless you counted their uncle. Well, they live in this tiny little house for only a few months at a time until their real father comes back for them and takes them away because he thinks he has made a change for the better. One of the times was described more then the others. He takes them to this old mansion in the middle of the country (here meaning ‘rural area’) and they think it is awesome until they come closer to it. They find out that it is only like someone took their poor house, aged it about ten years, and added a bunch of floor space and a second floor.

Tuesday-
    They get inside the mansion and see that the wallpaper is peeling, there is no furniture except for two beds and a kitchen table, and the second floor looks like no one has been up there for twenty years. They have an outhouse in the back instead of plumbing. The closest store is down the road and it is made of concrete blocks. Their father does have a steady job at the Buick plant and they are good for a while. Until a couple moths later, their father comes home drunk and lashes out at them. He leaves them then with nothing and this poor black family reaches out to them and gives them some of their corn.

Wednesday-
    The mother of the family hires a taxi to drive them back to her mother’s borrowed house where they can recover until the next time when he comes home again. Except, there won’t be a next time and the kids don’t know then, but she is pregnant. The fourth boy dies in the hospital and she is deathly sick after that, but she comes through because, as Rick says, their family has a lot of luck. That is is for Wednesday.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰ 8)

9. hey Mr. mayfeild im sore from a practice so im going to try to make this quick as a turtle just kidding quick as lightning. i will blog ten minutes on point of veiw from me. i am reading the book amung the hidden. i left off at the part where he was outside came running in to eat so he knew that his mom would hide his food put his chair in a corner to make it look like a spareso it made luke look like he didnt exsist. i would be ticked off if my mom hid my food and moved my chair so i can feel what he would feel like. if i was ignored then i would just play along with it. then it goes on to say thats there was a law against the third children i like that law and you will figure it out tommorrow.

10. Okay on to the next book of the Cirque Du Freak books is the book Allies of the Night. Darren, Harkat, and Mr. Crepsley (Vancha going back to Vampire Mountain to inform the other Princes and Generals of their encounter with the Vampaneze Lord) go to Mr. Crepsley’s hometown once again to investigate if Vampaneze had set up territories there. But soon after their arrival Darren is discovered by the police and forced to attend school. He has trouble with most of his subjects as he only has a middle school education, but luckily (or perhaps unluckily?) his English teacher is Debbie, his old girlfriend from his first visit to this city.

Mr. Crepsley has to go back to Vampire Mountain again for Paris Skyle’s funeral, leaving Darren and Harkat to continue the investigations alone. One night on his way back to the hotel room the three are staying in, Darren encounters a Vampaneze with hooks for hands and a mask wrapped around his face. The Vampaneze attacks, but Darren is saved by his old friend Steve. Steve joins Darren for the hunt of the Vampaneze, claiming he’s changed his ways and now understands who the real enemy is and dropped his desire for vengeance against Darren and Mr.Crepsley long ago.

Darren later reveals himself as a vampire to Debbie, and after a long explanation and a day’s contemplating she joins Darren and Steve for the fight. Mr. Crepsley comes back and helps Darren pursue the Vampaneze, but understandably doesn’t trust Steve. Darren does convince him, however, that Steve will be a big help for them and lets him come with them. Vancha also joins them again a few days later.

They chase the hooked Vampaneze to the sewers at night, but the Vampaneze led them to a trap. Darren and his team are soon surrounded and the Vampaneze Lord make his second appearance. Darren tries to kill him, but is stopped by Steve, who shows his true side as being a half-vampaneze and betraying Darren and his friends. The hooked Vampaneze is also revealed to be RV (Previously known as Reggie Veggie, but now claims it stands for Righteous Vampaneze).

A fight begins between the Hunters and the Vampaneze. Vancha charges through the Vampets, scattering them and Mr. Crepsley follows, slicing with his nails to bring down many Vampaneze. Darren soon beats Steve and is about to finish him off, but RV uses Debbie as a hostage. RV, Gannen Harst, and the Lord soon leave with the threat that they will kill Debbie if they are followed. Darren and Vancha take a Vampet and Steve as their hostage and are given a warning by Gannen to leave the tunnels immediately or he’ll send Vampaneze to finish them off. Annoyingly thats where they end the book to leave people wondering, did they make it? ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Hey i am Peter and the Starcatchers. I left off as Peter tries escaping the ship by running off the gangplank. He sees the girl from across the deck and she nods to the front where he sees the guy trying to escape and he is hit by a guy with a whip and drug down. He realized that the girl knew that guy was there and he also realized that he wasnt escaping. When everything was calmed down he walked ovefr to the girl and introduced him sef as Peter. She said that she was Molly. They then got into an arguement about what there age was and they established that they were both 14 years old. They then got into a discussion about the boat and how bad it was.

12. i am going to do a soapstone on the dork diaries.

S-nikki maxwell
    O-nikki has to talk privatly with cloe and zoey
    A-the reader ages 9-13
    P-she has to tell them that brandon had asked her to the dance.
    S-if it wasn’t for nikki, there wouldn’t even be a dance
    T-humerous
    o
    n
    e

13. i am going to do another soapstone on the same book.\

S-nikki maxwell
    O-wanted to be a face painter for her sister’s ballet class
    A-the reader ages 9-13
    P-she is good at drawing and enjoys doing it for fun
    S-the only thing she won’t like about the party is that all the ballarinas are snobby brats
    T-humerous
    o
    n
    e

14. Thursday-
    In this book He starts his newspaper career which ends up winning him the Pulitzer Prize in 1996. He starts out at the Jack State newspaper because no one else will work there and he needs to get credits for the writing class. They recommend him to the Anniston Star where he is put on sports and he watches all of the high school football games in the press box, which he says, don’t have enough room for the press and he recalls sitting on a plastic bucket for the game at one of the fields. He then moves to the St. Petersburg Times down in Florida. There he does a variety of jobs and then goes to Haiti for the uprisings at the time.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ 8)

15. Hello! I am really tired right now.. And I have a ton of homework to do… So after I do my homework I will probably do Nothing for a long time! That would be really interesting I think. I have been so busy this week It is Driving me insane! I am ready to have a nice week where I do absolutely nothing. Like the Week we did testing.. (Testing really wasnt that bad) Ok Well am gonna blog now for Ten minutes.
    I left off with Shasta getting into Narnia so Bree (His horse) And Shasta set off to find the kings castle. While they are on their way to the castle they hear noises in the bushes and whatever it is is following them When Shasta turns around a big lion jumped out at him and started chasing Bree and Shasta They are running as fast as possible but the lion scratched them up and they were in a lot of pain. They found the closest house that was near them and an old man kindly offered to take care of them until they were well. The next day Bree was still in horrible condition so Shasta had to leave without him. Shasta kept on walking and found the castle. He told the king what was going on and that they were going to be attacked… (Which isnt a good thing) For some reason the king believed Shasta even though he had no idea who he was. But all the Kings Horses and all the kings tried to put Humpty together again.. . Umm wow that was really weird.. The kings men and their dumb Horses Who cant talk like Narnian horses set off and Shasta went with them riding one of the horses and they were going to find the men from Tashbaan.
    Ok Thats all, I’m gonna go and do more homework YAY! (Please note sarcasm) (:

16. P.S. You dont want my Brain. And you dont want Kaitlin’s Soul… Unless you turn into a Dementor. Thats Kind of Freaky ๐Ÿ™‚

17. mmmmmk. song of today is Stan by Eminem, and today i shall delve deeper into the conflicting conflict of Vietnam. Left off explaining Ho Chi Minh, pretty much summed him up…nothing happens, just little personal details… Eleanor Roosevelt, who took over until her husband was replaced. She stressed Pacific Islanders and their trials, such as poverty, and how America could help them. Ho, wanting to get on her good side, wrote letters so sweet, that if she had been diabetic, she would have died (dark humor). She probably never even read them. Anyway, Harry S. Truman was elected. America was split between wanting a military action to halt communism, and getting our boys home. Truman was also confused by this. Chiang Kaรญ-Shek had no love from Truman, because he had apparentally lost his Chinese people and their loyalty long ago, and with them, the battle with communism.

18. I’m gonna make this fast, I have FF to attend to ๐Ÿ™‚

Wed.- I had to recompose myself whilst reading this book because I got really teary eyed. Sorry, but when everyone starts freaking out (including Haymitch) you know it’s bad because Haymitch never freaks out, them they start saying stuff like ‘and the boots couldn’t even muffle Peeta’s screams’ and ‘his blood splattered onto the floor’ so Even though I’ve read it already, and they went into lockdown and everything, I get emotional when they start messing with my man!
    Thurs.- So Katniss breaks down and the only person to help her is Haymitch because he’s the only one who loves Peeta besides her. Go figure (skating). So they start making new propos about Peeta and stuff and Finnick and how he was sold into…uh… slavery? Hahahahahaha. *Nervous glance* So yeah, they rescue Peeta and ANNIE, shes my home skillet biscuit. But then Peeta tries to choke Katniss and it ruins the romance,

Okay. Done. Have to go write FF!
    St K
    when the moon is blue the clock strikes noon

19. sup Dr. Mafeld (haha) im in a good mood and dont wont to be in a bad so i thought of you then i thought… UHOH JOURNALS!!!
    anyway im reading weird,nasty,and funny Facts

20. oops my bad i hit the enter and it made it post the blog Im (craZ)

So anyway im gonna do soapstone tonight
    S-anything weird crazy nasty or funny (facts)
    O-To make you laugh
    A-The reader
    P- make you learn something useless
    S-Cats mainly
    T- humorous b/c like i said its something you laugh at (also look at the title…)
    o
    n
    e

21. sorry, wrong button. anyway, Chiang had to fade away, but, according to him, he ran into a do-nothing policy with general bipatisanship (encouraging Democratic and Republican cooperation) support. He was right, but he did it to himself. Mao Tse-Tung and peasant communists shall prevail, Chiang will fade, and Truman shall be called soft on communism by diehard American anticommunists. (Might as well add another: communism.) Meanwhile, French and North Vietnamese (NVA, technically)/Vietminh (Ho’s personal posse) are still battling in Vietnam, and A. Peter Dewey, top on-site analyst and field agent in Nam for the OSS, is reporting for the president. Of course, heยดs valuble, but the benefit of the doubt belongs to General Douglas Gracey.

CLIFFHANGER! So ill do SOAPSTone.
    S-Truman’s opinion on Vietnam
    O-Communism has spread to Vietnam
    A-Idiots (The Complete IDIOT’S Guide)
    P-To inform about Vietnam
    S-Vietnam is splint between democracy and communism
    T-Informative?
    K, how about….umm… authors purpose! It’s to inform. Yay! Time to study Vietnam in first person! BLACK OPS!

22. Hey me again im gonna do the same book but this time a dielectical journal

Fact:25% of cat owners blow dry their cats hair after a bath/Opinion:Thats kind of weird , you wouldnt fress your cat up their not like humans

Fact:If your cat is near you, and her tail is quivering, this is the greatest expression of love your cat can give you./Opinion:ok so just a her … WHAT ??? guys are mostly more agressive

23. 20 mins

monday- i didnt find out why dr halsey ran. but she gave the crystal to a luitenant that blew it up. he died and was found later. the spartans come up with a plan to stop the covenant fleet that is going to attack earth. they succeed with thier mission and return to earth.

tuesday-i started on 20000 legues under the sea. the point of view doesnt change as far as i’ve seen. i hope that it changes to the wailer ned land. he seems like he thinks that everyone on the boat is crazy but he spots the wail first. i really think his mind was changed.

wednesday- the main character starts off talking about the wail and all of the attacks that it had done. the wail killed alot of people and sunk alot of fish before the world actually decides to do something about it. the us goverment decides to send a boat to track it down.

thursday-the main character gets invited to go on the journey to find the wail. the boat is loaded with every weapon that the world had back then. he boards the boat and they depart. after a year of searching the ship gats tired of looking and the captain says if they dont find the whale in three days then they will go home. they dont find the whale but on the way home they spot the whale.

see ya next week

24. I’ll do a comparison in this journal. In Vietnam Diary it compares and contrast to Forrest Gump because both of them have the Vietnam War during the 1960’s, and has war abbreviations In them. They contrast because Forrest Gump has his whole life throughput it and he goes to college and Vietnam diary doesn’t have that, it just has the war. It was a very awful war. I wrote for 10 minutes. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

25. hey mr mayfeild i won my game with a nice last inning pitching i got all three out two of them hit it to me. anyways i will blog for my last ten minutes of bloging. i will blog on authors purpose on the book amung the hidden. i left off at the part where his mother might hide his food. i think that the author included this part because he always had to be on time anywhere he went it was like a law at their house or something. then the author thought he wasnt soposed to exsist so i think that the author included this part because he thought that he wasnt worth it or something. every bodys worth it [exceptions of maddie carden]. it was a law that there wasnt third kids if you got preagnent you had to get rin of it. maybe he included this because his mom was pregnent and thought of getting rid of the baby.

26. Monday

This week Iโ€™m blogging about The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. It is by Brian Jaques, the author of the Redwall series. Anywho, I know that he wrote this to entertain the reader. I pretty sure anyways. I think he wrote this to entertain, but he used facts about the countries and myths of the Flying Dutchman to an advantage, because he twists it to a new point of view of a never-before-heard-of-character. At the same time though he creates the image a huge ship where the boy is put in the galley.

Tuesday

Wondering what would have happened if Neb (the boy in Castaways of the Flying Dutchman) would have escaped in Denmark?
    My guess is that he would have found the black lab and went to a bench and hid until the pirates were gone. Then he would have made a home and been one of those beggars who sits on the corner of the block in New York. Or maybeif he didnโ€™t like the dog anymore โ€ฆ sell the poor black lab. I mean thatโ€™s what I would have to do if I were him, but Iโ€™m not so that is all his discision. That is what I think would have happened to Neb if he escaped the ship in Denmark.

Wednesday

After a lot of thought The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman is like the beginning of Peter and the Starcatchers. They both have characters get on ships. Neb got on because he was running from his stepbrothers and one of them hit him and he fell into the ice cold water, then all of a sudden a stringy rope hits his head and he uses all his strength to climb onboard. In the other book orphans get onboard because the are forced to be slaves to an evil king overseas. Well, I mean, they have \the same ideas just different plots.

Thursday

So far the captain of the Flying Dutchmanis making a deal with a chinease merchant who is offering FOUR emeralds for him to deliver emeralds to other high-payng people. On another POV a boy is running from his stepbrothers and runs into a dead-end. His stepbrothers or the ocean?!?!?!?!?!? Which is worse?!?!?!? Well, he doesnโ€™t have a choice because one of his stepbrothers cuffs (hits) him in the jaw and falls into the freezing cold ocean shivering and alone.