the official state “preseason band” edition of blogging…

might as well have an “all preseason band” edition if the b’ham news is going to ignore such important matters…

No. 1 – Olive-A – you made my day with last week’s post – please know i’m currently finishing every run M-F in columbiana – and I pray for you and the rest of my GT alum every day – not that any of you wonderfully brilliant folk need it…

(oh, and the not perfect middle school experience was just that it was like everyone else’s – very, very awkward for most of the time – highlighted by roles at edmund in “the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe,” charlie in “charlie and the chocolate fac,” and the gardener in “the secret garden” – all in my drama class)

No. 2 – St. K – nah, she’s not blogging this month so I’ll bump Julie up to No. 2 – although, I can’t figure out if she’s marching, an aid, or just being awesome this fall (by the way, potter is always a wonderful read)

No. 3 – Cailea – your job, should you choose to accept it, is to get the knuckleheads in your class to “grow up” – all my best in that endeavor (the graveyard book is awesome, by the way – did you know it’s by the guy that wrote “why books are dangerous”???)

now, on to the reading..

“Random Thoughts…” by Steve Russo – the title is much longer – but it’s a teenage devotional – we used the first lesson for first priority this week – consensus was that it was a great devotional to read for the year – hope more of you can get in there to hear some of the lessons – the book itself will be published this fall

“Jacob T. Marley” by R. William Bennett – okay, so it’s not Christmas yet, but this book would be a wonderful read for those of you that have read or are familiar with “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickens – it does help if you’ve read the book (and it’s a pretty quick read) b/c you can appreciate how Bennett mimicked the tone and style of the original – at least, I thought so – really enjoyed the book – good points about using our time on earth to help others

“Heart of Iron” by Kyle Garlett – I read some of this – or rather told ya’ll about it – last week – to some of my classes – Garlett was the first heart transplant to compete in the Ironman Triathlon – great book about overcoming – and dealing with adversity – and failure – with resilliency

well, that’s it for the week – do hope ya’ll have a wonderful week

29 thoughts on “the official state “preseason band” edition of blogging…”

1. That ironman book sounds great. Potter is the best series ever and i’ve never heard of the graveyard book.

now for my reading i’m reading gracling by Kristin Cashore it’s great i’m at the part were Katsa is training with Po (nice name by the way) and she just found out Giddon likes her which was so obivious and now she’s over reacting. I wish she would kill Po and mary Giddon. If she ends up marrying Po and not Giddon I am going to be disipointed. This book is very violent and good.

Trent

2. Hey Mr. Mayfield this is my first blog from Monday.

I am reading a book titled Slob by Ellen Potter. It is about a kid named Owen who has a high I-Q. His mother told him to stop telling everyone (you know for bragging reasons.) He has a little sister who is a G.W.A.B. member (girls who act boyish.) Most of them look like boys so it is a perfect fit. He has a lunch problem because he is on a diet and his mother made a deal, three Oreos every day. At lunch somebody keeps stealing his oreos…. who could it be? Very interesting book Mr. Mayfield I think you would enjoy it.

Mimi

3. Hey Mr. Mayfield this is my second blog of the week.

Ok so Owen is working on a project Nemesis. I don’t know what it is going to be yet but it sounds exciting. He find all the parts for Nemesis at the demolition site. Shhhhh don’t tell his mom because he tells her she gets it from the junk yard that his friends father owns. So Gwen (his sisters boy name) and him go to junk yard after school everyday. Owen sets a trap up in his eco-lunch bag and thinks his worst enemy, Mason Ragg, is the theif. Gwen and other G.W.A.B. members write their boy names on their tests and don’t answer to their girl names. Their teacher said if they don’t put their real name on the next test he will fail them. Oh i didn’t mention the next test is 50% of their grade.

That is were I am at right now.
    Trent- sounds interesting

Mimi

4. Mimi that book sounds good and i might read it after i finish my book. How come only 6th graders have blogged so far. I don’t know how to get the little smiley faces

Sorry mr. mayfield I’m doing a boring summary again. I know i’m just a boring person. when i get done i promise i’ll do an alternate ending. Now in my book Katsa is going on a mission for Randa and they are going through Giddon’s homeland. they’re staying at his house once on the way there and back. Giddon’s really excited and I would be too. Katsa has never seen the ocean and Giddon’s going to show it to her. She’s really excited.Katsa is thinking about not doing what Randa told her to because she doesn’t want to hurt this person. He’s really nice aparentally.

Trent

5. I’ve been bumped up! HAHA IN YOUR FACE KAITLIN!!!!!!!! I’ll have to tell her that:D
    Another thing, When I saw that Trent was blogging… I kept thinking about Trey. OH How, I’m going to miss him. He was such a doofus(: But now I Get to mess with you TRENT!!! MWAHAHAHA!
    So, I didn’t blog yesterday… I know.. I’m a failure of a Gifted student.. But that’s Ok… Because I’m totally Dominating Grimm’s Fairy Tales:D And by that I mean that I just started 10 minutes ago. I actually really like it! I’ve also started reading Treasure Island… I’M READING 2 BOOKS AT A TIME!!!! I don’t do that very often..
    Well anyways, I’m going to blog about Grimm’s Fairy Tales.. (Which I actually think is an easier read than Treasure Island) I just don’t think many people want to read it because it’s long… And that takes up time(:

The first story in Grimm’s Fairy Tale is The Frog Princess.
    This story is nothing like it is in movies, Or other children’s books. I like to see how other people have changed the original story over the years.
    So anyways there was a beautiful princess who lived in a Kingdom apparently she was the most beautiful person… Like… EVER. So she would go outside every day and play with a Golden Ball thing.. I’m still not sure what it was supposed to be. So when one day the princess was outside playing with the ball she dropped it and it slid out of her hands and down into a lake. IT was so deep that no one could see the bottom so she started crying because she is a baby and she was sad that she didnt have her ball anymore.

So Then, Out of nowhere a frog starts talking to her! And is the girl shocked, Or surprised? NO! She’s not even though that is the weirdest thing ever!
    SO the frog says.. Listen, I’ll get your little ball if you little me it your food, Live in your castle, And sleep in your bed. She says Yea Yea Yea Whatever and doesnt really listen the frog gives her the ball and then she runs off. And leaves the frog. Well the frog follows her cause he’s cool and while she’s eating her food knocks on the door of the castle. The frog walks in and starts eating her food. Then he says, “Hey I’m tired.. Let me go to bed.” So she takes him to her room and throws him against a wall… Where he then turns into a frog.
    Did he have to get kissed NO! He Didn’t its way cooler to just throw frogs against a wall and hope that they turned into prince’s… I may have to try that actually:D
    Well That’s all.
    So I’m done.
    -Julie
    OHHHHH And P.S. Mr. Mayfield. Although I am just naturally awesome.. I am indeed a band aid. I’m not marching this year. I will next year though:)

6. hey, song of the day is Good Riddance by Green Day, and when i left off last week, David’s schoolmate (until David sobered up and switched to history), Jacob Steele, had been killed by an assassin, right after Jacob told David he knew that the Iranians had disrupted spacetime. He discovered this by using the Cadecus Array, which is unexplained because FBI agent Parker busts up in the meeting and pulls David away, telling him about Michael being kidnapped. They get interoggated until they decide to go to Isarel, to find a colleague of Jacob’s, but first they go to Columbia University, where the lab that Steele worked has been destroyed. One of the few salvageable pieces is an ion trap, which traps ions (duh) and uses them to perform calculations. A 100 ion quantum computer would be faster than any commercial computer. Each ion has a magnetic orientation which points up or down. These directions are basically bytes of data from a computer. Say up is 1 and down is 0. These ions can be used for binary codes, and the more ions you have, the more code you can program. Firing a laser at ions flips their orientation, so these computers are exponentially faster than, say, this one i’m typing on now, that takes 10 minutes to load a page. I’ll finish up tomorrow. Bye!

7. I did find out how! That’s awsome. Okay, I’m going to do that alot until it gets boring. πŸ™‚ It’s awsome.

In my book Katsa dosen’t do what Randa told her to. But now she has to lie to Randa because she dosen’t want for him to know. She cut Giddon and bruised Oll so that it looks like there was a fight. Katsa’s a good person and you can tell because she didn’t want Randa to think that everyone was in on her plan (even though they were) in case they get caught. That would be really scarry knowing that you just made a king mad and that he could send all his gaurds after you whenever he wanted to.
    B)
    Trent

8. Mr. Mayfield. I’m pretty sure all my posts are going into the Spam box again. I guess your blog page doesn’t like me. Yesterday, I blogged for 10 minutes and then everything got deleted… OH well.
    So anyways, I’m reading Grimm’s Fairy Tales. Which I like:)
    I just read the Frog Prince yesterday and I finished a while ago A tale of One Who Traveled to Learn What Shivering Meant. It is hilarious.
    These Fairy tales makes me laugh my head off.
    Alright so this book starts off with a man who has 2 sons The father favors one of his son because one son is smart and strong while the other son was small and weak. One day the father told the weak one to go out and get a job. So he got a job ringing the bells in the town so one night at midnight the boy was walking to the tower to ring the bells and he asked himself What does shivering mean.. Because he could not read and knew what nothing meant. So he walked in and started to ring the bells while a man came out and scared the boy. The boy pushed him down some stairs and killed him. The father found out what the boy was done and was like get out.. You’re stupid.. And I dont like you, You are no longer my son anymore.
    So the boy had to leave and stay all by himself. One day the boy was walking and said Oh I wish I knew what it meant to shiver. A man walking by had heard the boy and said Oh, I will show you what it means to shiver. So the man led the boy to a tree and told him to stay there for the night and that he would soon shiver. The wind started blowing so the boy started a fire and when the fire started going out he would cut down limbs from the tree and make it into a fire. When the man came back the next day he asked if the boy had shivered the boy said No that he had gone to sleep and had a nice peaceful night.
    Then the boy was taken to a castle that was haunted and he was supposed to stay there. Nobody thought he would live because there were all sorts of creepy things inside the castle. He stayed there for 3 days amd 3 nights and not once shivered..
    But he got to marry a princess because he stayed in the caslte for 3 nights:D
    But then she poured water on him and he shivered(:

9. Okay, so hey Mr. Mayfield. I am having a hard time remembering to do blogs so I have to do 3. I am on Treasure Island and so far it is pretty good.
    Monday-I left off when Black Dog, with one leg, comes right after the captain leaves. He grabs Jim and they wait in the corner until the captain(Billy Bones) comes back. When the captain walks in, he is blind sided and is forced to sit down with Black Dog at the table. Black Dog and Billy sit down and they tell Jim to go get them some ale. When Jim gets the ale he comes back and before he walks in to the room he hears them yelling. Black Dog flips over the table and pulls out his knife, but Billy stabs him in the shoulder before he could do anything. Black Dog quickly gets up and limps off very fast outside.
    Tuesday- I am going tov do an alternate ending on the last blog I did. So, Black dog and Billy pull out there knives, but Billy ends up missing black dog. the fight leads them in to the street where they vigerously fight back in forth as a crowd of people gather around. This fight goes on for about to hours and only scratches and bruises have been dealt. By now all the villigers, even the squires have placwed there bets. Black dog is pushed with a hard blow to the ground. Billy goes to pounce on his back with the knife, but Black Dog turns around suddenly with his knife held up right. The rest is to gruesome and violent to be explained and has been censored by the Shelby County Board Of Education. In the end the captain is dead.
    Wedensday- We find our selves in the point of view of Jim’s dad.GO………….. Uhhhhhh. I am only 35 and i am almost dead. I wished for my last few days of my life to be peaceful, but instead I get a drunk, gross pirate, a blood stain on the floors in the lobby, and a wife who won’t even come when I ask. The only thing good about the last days are that my son hasn’t gone completley stupid by this Billy Bones man. He has had everyone driven out of the only income we make. He doesn’t even pay us what he owes. If only I could get up the strength to talk ,I would tell my wife to give my piece of mind. Oooooooo. Why I otta!

10. Hey Mr.Mayfield I’ve got the book called the “Faith of the Crimson Tide” and it’s a good book. It tells about some famous ALABAMA football players and as you can see since Alabama is capitalized it must be important. It talks about quarter backs and the other players like blockers and etc. You told me the book was yours at one time. I told you this morning I saw your name in the book that said to Jason God bless and roll tide and that’s why I got the book. I also got it because it looked cool and interesting. The other book I got is a book with head phones. The book is about a kid who was the youngest kid until chapter 9. Suddenly the book comes to a stop. I was like what is going on? It says a baby was born and he wasn’t the youngest any more and he had to do stuff for the baby and got mad because he had to do it for the baby. Then a couple of months went on and the boy got sick and it was winter time. You know that’s painful. Okay, thats as far as I got. Catch ya tomorrow.

11. Hi mr.mayfield I’m reading Misty of Chincoteague it is a good book so far. I just started but so far it is about a horse that is trapped in a boat with no food. If the captain dosen’t get to land fast all the horses could die. All the horses hay is musty and old. There stalls are rusty and moldy.
    I think you would like this book.

12. I was reading this book called Smile by Raina Telegmeyer( I dont know how to spell her last name)She is basically telling about her life when she found out she needed braces. When she was in 6th grade thats when she found out.Her dentist said she has an overbite.So after her girl scout meeting her friends were walking her to her door to her house.They said Lasts ones a rotten egg(like everyone says which is annoying)So she was in last and tried to pull another person behind her and she missed,but she did it with so much force is knocked her to the ground and she hit her mouth.She started Crying really hard like anyone would do.She say blood then she saw her two front grown up teeth on the ground!So her dentist put this weird glue gunk on her teeth so her teeth will grow back in place.After a year of school her teeth were pushed up higher than normal.The dentist decided to give her a retainer with two new teeth on them.He also decided to give Raina her braces.By the time they all were good she was in 9th grade.Until she had a crossbite! πŸ™ Poor Raina

P.S I have pink eye so I wont be at school on 8-25-11 πŸ™

13. ok, song of today is Are We The Waiting by Green Day, author’s purpose is to either entertain or confuse the reader with science, i’m not sure which now. I left off explaining ion-calculating, laser-firing quantum computers. Then the pov switches to Michael, who is in a Isareli camp programming computer programs (what else would you program) when he recognizes the Einheitliche Feldtheorie, which is german for the theory of everything, einstein’s last theory explaining things that hadn’t even been thought of, such as quarks. if you remember final theory, you can use this paper to build a super laser-missle, which, apparently, could be used to rip into spacetime, and… you’ll find out.. Micheal then meets Brother Cyrus, who is horribly disfigured in the face, and wears a head scarf nonstop. he explains that he wishes, along with his coworkers, that he would like to crash the universe, open up god’s kingdom. There is a theory called It from Bit, which says that everything in the universe is made of data, so the universe is a giant computer. Crashing this would be the same as crashing a regular computer, but all saved data is deleted. Everything. Cyrus seems to think doing this would freeze time, letting everything compress into one second, reuniting the dead and living. Micheal, even through the veil of his autism, can see that this is NOT good. he starts plotting to crash the crash attempt. they throw him in a room because he refuses to program anymore, and he sees soldiers with AK47s and other assorted machine guns patrolling the area. they try to persuade him with his favorite snack, chips, ketchup, and a Sprite (autistic kids can have some particular appities.). he sees through the attempt, but still starts programming again, remembering the guns the soldiers have. guess that’s all now. see ya next week!

14. I have only done one blog so I have to do more.. I read parts of slob but I had to turn them in so I’m telling you what I read. There is this really chubby guy name Owen( no offense to him) He is really smart and has a High I.Q but his mom told him to stop bragging.So I’m still curious of how high of and I.Q. So since he loves eating as you can read by what is written about the chubby part, his favorite time of the day or of school is LUNCH. well before lunch he had p.e . I usually look forward to p.e but today was his fitness test.His coach always picked on nonathletic kids and Owen is one of them.SO the coach made them do a sumersalt which you know is easy. Coach up this trick where whatever he tells the kids to do and he tells them one more step they fall over sideways.So on Owens turn he was nonathletic so he tried but Owen who is smart knows physics so he wouldn’t do it. The Coach went digging through the gym closet and grabbed a belt and a collar.He put the collar on Owen and everyone started making doggie noises.Owen obviously isnt good under criticism and he bawled like a little baby. Finally that class was over and it was Lunch yay! He opened his recycible shower curtain box his mom makes and the Oreos were gone! The shower curtain box was hard to open so it couldnt be just anyone. And that is all I read

15. hey mr mayfield i now am a seventh grade bloger better than thos sixth graders with the shapeners i will blog for ten minutes on the creative writing. Once opon a time there was a wierd seventh grade gifted person that i will not mention the name of *cough *cough adison*cough wait what any ways this guy just was flat out wierd but he thought he was normal because he has a wierd family. everyone made fun of adison but he thought they were joking well he gets into football and is awesome at it so he get the starting position at the reciver. he gets into a game and scores three touchdowns. (yet to happen) anyways its got to some time so im waiting haha bye

16. Hey Mr. Mayfield this is my third blog so here it is.

So I am at the part in Slob were Owen needs an amplifier for Nemesis and can’t seem to find one at the demo site. On his way home some kids across the street are motioning for him. It is weird they actually had what he wanted, an amplifier for $1.63. Pretty cheap right? When he gets home Gwen and himself tried to figure out how to get a signal. Owen can’t seem to remember that date but it is no problen for his sister, October 25. He wakes Gwen up in the middle of the night asking her if Arthur (a G.W.A.B. member) would let him borrow her Retro magazines. They make a deal, Owen gives Arthur his old boy clothes and he can borrow the magazines for 2 weeks.

That is as far as i am right now!!

17. Hey I am doing my last blog for the day and i remembered to do it! I left off as Billy Bones and Black Dog got in to a fight at the inn. After the tustle was finished, Billy Bones remained unharmed(for now) and Black dog had run off with a wound in his shoulder. As soon as the fight finished, Jim walked in and as soon as Billy Bones saw him he dropped to the floor and passed out. Luckily Doctor Livesay was already on his way to the inn to check on Jim’s dad who was laying in the bed upstairs while this is aall going on. Later that day Billy finds himself in his bed and the doctor told h\im that he had a stroke. He told him to drink no more rum or ale for a while and to not get out of bed. Doctor Livesay left and that left Jim and Billy alone which could not be good because Jim was the reason this had all happened.Until next time this is Jerame Saunders blog.

18. So I finished my book and what an ending!!

First off Mason Ragg isn’t the thief, who knew! So They aren’t exactly arch-enemies any more. So during P.e. the Gwab members come in for the Red and Blue Rebellion. Arthur is blabbing out a speach no one can hear. He repeats it in the same mumbled voice so Gwen steps in. They have a meetin after school and Gwen is the new president. The Arthur takes back the tapes Gwen had been wiring into Nemesis. Owen was trying to find the footage of his parents being shot to find the murderer. Gwen lead him on and boy was he angry. Gwen wouldn’t cut her hair since her mom said to wear it like a badge. Too late she cut it off just for Owen. He tears Nemesis apart and in the end they use the parts for Nima (the dude that sell s momos) stand .

Very happy ending I loved this book!
    Mimi

19. Oh yea and part of the initiation for Gwen to become an official G.W.A.B member was to steal Owen’s lunch. She got it down to just stealing his 3 oreos. One of Owen’s friends saw the whole think and never told. In the end Owen’s friend goes ice skating with Gwen and falls in love with her. πŸ™‚

By the way i just noticed Owen’s sisters boy name is Jeremy sorry, hear girl name is Catherine.

Mimi

20. Monday

This week I’m blogging about The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. It is by Brian Jaques, the author of the Redwall series. Anywho, I know that he wrote this to entertain the reader. I pretty sure anyways. I think he wrote this to entertain, but he used facts about the countries and myths of the Flying Dutchman to an advantage, because he twists it to a new point of view of a never-before-heard-of-character. At the same time though he creates the image a huge ship where the boy is put in the galley.

Tuesday

Wondering what would have happened if Neb (the boy in Castaways of the Flying Dutchman) would have escaped in Denmark?
    My guess is that he would have found the black lab and went to a bench and hid until the pirates were gone. Then he would have made a home and been one of those beggars who sits on the corner of the block in New York. Or maybeif he didn’t like the dog anymore … sell the poor black lab. I mean that’s what I would have to do if I were him, but I’m not so that is all his discision. That is what I think would have happened to Neb if he escaped the ship in Denmark.

Wednesday

After a lot of thought The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman is like the beginning of Peter and the Starcatchers. They both have characters get on ships. Neb got on because he was running from his stepbrothers and one of them hit him and he fell into the ice cold water, then all of a sudden a stringy rope hits his head and he uses all his strength to climb onboard. In the other book orphans get onboard because the are forced to be slaves to an evil king overseas. Well, I mean, they have \the same ideas just different plots.

Thursday

So far the captain of the Flying Dutchmanis making a deal with a chinease merchant who is offering FOUR emeralds for him to deliver emeralds to other high-payng people. On another POV a boy is running from his stepbrothers and runs into a dead-end. His stepbrothers or the ocean?!?!?!?!?!? Which is worse?!?!?!? Well, he doesn’t have a choice because one of his stepbrothers cuffs (hits) him in the jaw and falls into the freezing cold ocean shivering and alone.

21. hey mr mayfield i mean um justin bieber haha not bad thinking anyways i will blog for ten minutes on the authors purpose for this part the keroseen lamp fell and caught fire to this whole farm prison thing but i think that the author in cluded this maybe because it was leading up to the escape but there watching so they have to wait longer till they escape. the author said that the flames spread as the last chicken ran out he went to help the cows next. i think that the author was saying even if you dont like them help themm thats it tired from football bye

22. hi I’m reading Misty of Chingoteague so far the captain is cleaning and lowering the sails. the horse is still trapped in the stall on the ship. The horse still have no food. the man is mean to the horse. the man bets and harts the horse. the horse is getting crazier by the moment. the captain needs to get to land fast or the horse will die and all the man will die of starvation. it is very important to get to land fast.

Ruthy πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

23. Julie don’t mess with me. 8) trey says hi.

I’m reading The Roar and so far it’s about a girl that gets kidnapped and taken to a spaceship orbiting Earth so that she can be trained. She’s trying to escape and has her pet monkey with her. She wants to go home to see her family. There’s an animal plage going around and her old city has a wall around it. They killed all of the animals. I could’t live without animals. The world would be so boring. I wonder if she’s scared?
    πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ 8)
    Trent

24. adison that was the funniest wierdest blog ive read yet

mon-well i finnished stargirl and it was nothing like i thought it would be stargirl ends up moving so leo has to move on without her. so every year leo visits archie and finds out that stargirls workshop was in it.then the book ends

tues- now i am reading the kane chronicles book one the red pyramid. the book starts out as this boy named carter telling about opening a locker but he doesnt tell you anything specific about how to find it.then he tells about the night his dad blew up a british meuseum. it all starts when carter and his dad pick up sadie. they go to a mueseum and find out that they are being followed.

weds-the point of view changes alot thruout this book but it only swaps beetween carter and his sister sadie. i have a theory that later on in the book that the point of view will change to thier dad because i as a curius reader i want to know what happened to him.

thurs- when they get to the meuseum their dad takes them to the rosetta stone (acient artifact). their dad asks the meuseum director to go get him some papers and then tells the children to lock him in his office. so when the kids returnthey see their dad and at his feet is a glowing red circle.

well thats all folkes ill see ya next week

25. In this journal I’ll do an authors purpose. I think the authors purpose in incarceron is that Finn the main. Character, is a brave and courageous boy that isn’t afraid to something dangerous. He also is very tricky so you vhave to watch out for him or he’ll steal from you because he is a poor kid and he’s homeless. The author writes this nook from a peasants perspective so it’s makes fun if all those princes and queens and kings. My times up

26. I’ll do a conflict journal n my new book I got today called incarsuron. The conflict in the part I’ve read so far is the character Finn has a problem with the city guards, he has the certain problem because e he has to steal from the city because e he’s homeless. When ever he tries to get some food he has to get away from the guards because e they try to put him in jail. That’s my 10 min.

27. I’m reading The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt. At the beginning it’s September. Holling Hoodhood(no offense but he has a weird name) claims that his new Teacher Mrs.Baker hates him.He doesn’t get why but he’d get it if he done something like Doug Swieteck. (they have some weird names in this book) Doug made up a list of 410 ways to get a teacher to hate you.Number 1 was spray d.o in her desk and drawer and he said the higher it goes the worst. Sadly he doesn’t say any of the others.Like in other books they give you something to wonder about.Holling says Doug writes illegal ones around #167.But anyway Holling found out on the first day of school Mrs.Baker hated him when she was calling out roll call. She called out very crackly “Holling Hoodhood” Holling responded normally so thats not why Mrs.Baker hates him.Mrs.Baker stood up and sat on the edge of her desk. He says thats teachers weren’t supposed to sit on the edge of their desks at the beginning of class.So that was already the first bad sign ,THEN she kept on repeating his last name. She looked sternly at holling and turned her head and he though he saw some eye rolling.Yet he wasn’t sure.She kept on calling out the students names in order and every time in between she looked up to see who it was and looked a holling and rolled her eyes.There was another sign Mrs.Baker hated him.

More journals about the Wednesday Wars later

28. Hey Mr. Mayfield I am reading a boo k titled Define “Normal”.

So it starts out with this girl Antonia and she is in the peer counselling organization. She is helping a girl, Jazz (Jasmine) Luther. A big problem I and has no respect of her body. Oh did I mention she is probably a druggie? She has a tattoo and a eyebrow piercing. For some reason she tells Antonia were she can go to get a piercing and a free tattoo. Really interesting things about this Jazz girl.

Thats as far as I am right now
    -Autumn sounds interesting

Mimi