we interrupt this hurricane/tropical storm news to bring you…

read a bit this week – it was fun – yep…

“playing with a purpose” – i think i finished this book sunday of last week – but didn’t blog about it because i wasn’t sure if i’d finish it in time – anyway, mike yorkey is the author – book about NBA stars and their faith – that’s right, just in time for the lockout, i bring you this bit of news – there ARE basketball players who try to walk with God – who knew… πŸ™‚ anyway, good encouraging read – you don’t get these types of stories in sports illustrated or espn the mag (and i should know b/c i read on both this week – sports illustrated did includeΒ a fictional piece that’s going to be published soon – that was sort of interesting)

“popular clone”Β – sixth grade, this is the book you heard me read from – and so many of you wanted – you still have to wait until january 2012, but the good news is that the book is good enough to wait for – pretty impressed with it – i think it’d be a good BOB for elementary – good book for you, sixth grade, in a class set – i’ll work on that in the second half of the year – cute book – won’t give away the ending – good book about figuring out who you are

i’ve got a couple of gifted ed books now that i’m working on – so no advance stuff that you can’t get – but nothing that you’d be interested in – still, few good ideas for the classroom – and that should interest you

sincerely,
mafeld (currently returning to work on an essay to NBC about why i need to fly up to NY in september to read an 800-word essay – wish me luck)

32 thoughts on “we interrupt this hurricane/tropical storm news to bring you…”

1. Hey Mr. Mayfield this is my first blodg so i hope i do good.

The book i’m reading is Graceling by Kristin Casahore. I am at the part where Kasta has just stormed out of the room. She stormed out of the room because Po hadn’t told her he was a mind reader. This upset Kasta because she thought he could here what ever anyone was saying. So when Po said something Giddion had thought then later said she was furious. She does not marry Giddion and i think she won’t mary Po either. If i were her i would go back and tell Giddion i’m sorry. Wouldn’t you?

Sincerley, Colby

(p.s good luck with your 800 word essay)

2. Love the reads Dr. Mine is actually a long book. It’s good for as far as I’ve read. I don’t think I’m going to do a full summary or anything else, just a POV

POV of old Boneville- ooohhh I’m ready to get towed. I have been sitting next to this creepy, Christian graveyard or memorial or whatever it is. It creeps me out! I’ll tell you what, one day when I was out here I sware I saw some old dude from the church right up the road come down here and lock himself in the tombs!! Its creepy. Real creepy.

3. Ok now i’m changing books. Halo is worn out just to boring. I’m swithing books toanother book i hope to get soon.Well the book is “london calling:-$”.
    so for right now im doing my creative for this week day.

Creative- During summer i read tangerine. I think they should make a movie on tangerine and a second book.i also thinkthat they should make a book on someone elses perspective in the book.Well what i think is that you the peaple, should tell me about a book they read over the summer.Compare that book to another then post here and I will read it.

Ok few! 15 minutes over. more like 30 minutes but its ok with me.

4. I stopped reading Gracling where Colby was 8)
    Tangerine was good. πŸ˜‰

I’m still reading The Roar by Emma Clayton. It turns out that Ellie gets shot down but is trapped underwater with men pointing guns at her. She uses some weird thing thats kinda like the force in star wars to get two of the guns and escape. When she’s leaving Gorman threatens to kill her parents so she gets in a coffin (and so does Puck) and goes with Gorman.
    πŸ™‚
    Trent

5. hey mr mayfield i will blog for ten minutes on creative writing. jhon was a sad sad man he was only looking for war one day he found someone to battle. He was a greedy bragging man so Jhon was ready for war. Jhon gathers up his groups and gets prepared to invade him. then somebody yells were getting flanked Jhon turned auround and said charge. While his troops and himm fought the gaurds off they advanced to the tower when the got there the king had fled and ran to another place so he just decieds to keep the castle thats all for tonight

6. I’m so bad… I didn’t blog at all yesterday… I was focused yesterday on my brother and talking to him over the phone for like 3 hours about COLLEGE! Then I had to clean my room… Which wasn’t even dirty at all.. Thank you Mom. I have to clean a lot just cause my mom is very “Type A” Then I had to do stuff from “The Partridge’s Class” and Well, That always takes some time. Then I had a shower, Took some Tylenol, And went to bed. I should tell you, I don’t just randomly take Tylenol before bed, I had to take it cause I got the wire on my braces tightened yesterday. And I’ve had the worst headache ever since then. So because of all this, I did not blog at all. So now, I have to blog for 10 minutes.

I am still reading Grimm’s Fairytales. But I’m also reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians The Lightning Thief. I never actually read the series. So, I decided to start. It is a LOT Different from the movie. The movie does not follow the book at all. What is the point of making a movie off of a book when you won’t follow the storyline at all!!!!????

I don’t understand that at all so anyways, Percy is a 12 year old kid. That’s right, He’s 12 YEARS OLD NOT 18 like in the movie! And he goes to a school for troubled kids. It’s a boarding school away from his mom. He’s from New York City. Percy’s best friend is Grover. Percy’s not really the smartest kid and he has dyslexia Which prevents him from being able to read very well. So one day his class decides to go on a field trip to a museum. I personally don’t know why you would want to take a bunch of troubled kids on a field trip out in public. But they took them anyway which couldn’t have been a good idea. While Percy was there in the Greek part of the museam a teacher Mrs. Dodds decided to talk to him and she turned out to be a crazy monster thing. That tried to kill him.

Ok Well that’s all. Bye(: -Julie

7. This is my second blog thanks for the comment on my previous one.

I’m trying to get another book so i just finished one called “Who Moved My Cheese” its a book about losing your job. I know its a grown up book but im going to do a creative writing on it so it wouldnbt matter.
    Here goes- One day i walked in the kitchen and i looked in the refirdgerator and my brothers cheese was gone. So i thought up this terrible plan that involed me hiding my brothers cheese behind the broccoli. (he es never gonna find it because he never touches the broccoli. Sp the day i did the move it was super secret it was in the moring he wasn’t up yet so i went down stairs and got the cheese and hid it. Mom caught me and said what are u doing up so early? I was forced to tell her i wanted to cook breakfast with her!

8. I have Julie’s brother’s textbook. It’s old. 8)
    πŸ™‚
    I’m doing creative writing today. So there was this king and the prince (his son) did’t want to inherit the castle. Even though he didn’t want to be king, he was a good fighter so the king used him to kill people. On his very first quest he went to a castle and was supposed to kill the king’s daughter to get back at him. Instead he married the daughter and got in trouble. When he got back he had to go to the dungons. His wife tried to get punished but couldn’t. She broke him out and they lived happily ever after. THE END
    ;(
    Trent

9. So I haven’t done the creative writing topic yet, so let’s do one about Bob, my unfamous character.

Bob couldnt do anything with a pencil. He couldnt write, couldn’t draw, and sadly enOugh, he can’t even hurt himself with a pencil. It was upon this discovery that bob decided he would check a book out from the library, one about pencils and how to use them. The book options were, Pencils; the history of, or Pencils. Apparently not tO Many books were written on how to use a pencil. He went with the second choice. The dedication pages and sees the authors name listed, and reads his story.

Okay guys!! You get to choose what happens.
    Does the writer randomly jump out of the book And beat bob
    Or does he give bob a free iPad, phony of course

10. Hey Mr. Mayfield this is my second blog on Define “Normal”

So they have gotten very far in the counselling. Jazz is actually starting to open up. Then her youngest brother (Chuckie) gets the stomach bug and has to go to the hospital. Then her other brother micheal ends up with it. Antonia can’t afford to m

11. Hey Mr. Mayfield this is my second blog on Define β€œNormal”

So they have gotten very far in the counselling. Jazz is actually starting to open up. Then her youngest brother (Chuckie) gets the stomach bug and has to go to the hospital. Then her other brother micheal ends up with it. Antonia can’t afford to miss any more school. She made a C on her test in algebra and missed two other test in social studies. Her teacher has no idea what’s up with her lately. Anotia’s mom says they are going on a picnic but ends up running out of the car.

That is were I am right now.

12. Hey its me again, jimmy the book im reading is “london calling”.
    London calling- Point of veiw

All of a sudden i see a note being passed to me. When it gets to me i read it no name just 2 words, “your dead” is what it said. I ignored it for now but still pretty worried. After school I went to the parking lot of the building my mom was in. There, I saw the bully, I startled backwards toward the street where he came up to me and acted like he was going to punch me just to make me flinch and then said he is going to kick my muslim a**. Luckly one of my buddys picked up a 1 foot 6″ brick and swang at his head but he missed. 5 seconds later he is kneeling like he was shot and started to cry. The next minute we are in the office and the father is asking what happend. He answerd “They came up to me and my freinds and started making fun of our shirts and calling us gay.But sir I am proud to be wearing the middle schools uniform. ” “HESE LYING!” I said. ” We did no such thing. He attacked us!” I said.

Ok hate to be a spoiler But thats where I stopped. Sorry if it was to long, short, or a spoiler but thats all I read thanke read tomarows blog. πŸ™‚

13. Salvage Yard. Where it’s not junk, it’s salvage.

Fact- Nunzio discovers what he believes is a dead body, until he reaches up and grabs Nunzio.

Opinion- okay, so he opens the trunk and sees an old man white shirt and blue socks. He does what any average eleven year old would do, freak out. But the thing is, the man might still be alive and tried to get out of the trunk by grAbbing Nunzio. Obviously something is going on that needs to be investigated.

14. Ok so here gos from what i hear Mr.Mayfield im an expert all ready,(authors purpose)

The book i am reading now is Brisingr By: Christopher Paolini. When i got doen with what i read Earagon has just learned that he has to battle his rother murtah. He doesnt want to because he has just found out Murtah is his brother. Murtah is also a very strong wizard, stronger than Earagon even, And Earagon feels a bond because Murtah is his brother so he doesn’t wanna hurt him.

15. Hey it is my third blog of the week so here it is.

Antonia and Jazz are in one of their sessions and are actually making progress. All is going well and then the bell rings. Right before that Jazz said, “If there ways something in your life you could change what would it be?” Antonia blurts outs, “Not learning to swim” Then Jazz offers her lessons. She and Jazz are swimming on Saturday while her mom and brothers are out at the park. Then they go out to dinner and when they get back the lights are off. Not even the TV is flickering. So she stays home alone and gets a call from Michael late that night. They are in a old Motel room and their mom saw a bar, “The Lucky Lady” and went in. Who knows what is going to happen?

This is getting really good. Trent this seems like a book for you.

Mimi

16. Colby would be smart to hide it behind the brocoli.

So now they have switched to Ellie’s twin brother Mika. He has gone syco and won’t accept that his sister is dead. So right now they are trying to give him this stuff that is called Fit Mix. It’s in one of those little drink mix packets and they’re trying to get people to drink this stuff so they are passing it out in the schools. They’re trying to get people to drink it because farming is hard since they only have 1/4 the space they used to have. Mika dosen’t want to drink it so they call the principal. Mika throws the stuff on Mr. Gray, the principal, and that’s were I stopped.
    8)
    Trent

17. GAME TIME!!!

Okay, so I’m just going to give a bit of a summary. So far, I’ve read up to where they’ve visited an Old Catholic memorial yard, containing statues of Jesus, Mary, and replicas of biblical cities, such as Jerusalem and Bethleham. The trio ( Big Dan, Danny boy, and Nunzio) discover an old and abandoned Pontiac Boneville a few years out of its prime. Little do they know that inside the trunk is a treasure that no one would ever thank its there. There ends up being an elderly man in the trunk. Dead? Maybe. Alive? Partially. When he opens the trunk the body reaches up and pulls Nunzio down to the ground.

18. The Lightning Theif is really good.

I’m doing a point of view shift to Mal Gorman. That annoying little girl is trying to escape. She had to pick the one time that i was on vacation to run away. If she tells someone all of this is for nothing. Now my crew have lost her again. This just keeps getting better and better. Oh she made some of my men crash! She got through the shadows too. Finally someone hit her. She’s down and hopefully her and her monkey are dead.
    πŸ™
    Trent

19. Hey mr. mayfield. I am a very un ruly child so i am doing all 4 of my blogs today. So I left off on Treasure Island.
    Monday- So, Billy falls to the floor after the fight with Black dog and Dr. Livesay comes over to find that he has had a stroke. He can’t drink rum and must stay in bed for a while. So Jim’s dad dies and it is a very sad thing for Jim and his mom because they must stay at the Inn by them selves. After a while Jim goes in to the captains room and he says that he needs rum. After a very long time of bribery Jim is somewhat forced to hand Billy the shot of rum. He takes it, and feels much better. He tells him if he dies he wants Dr. Livesay to take this treasure chest and ship it off. Jim doesn’t understand but immediatley after the captain is lying dead in his bed. He runs down stairs and tells his mom.
    Tuesday- He runs down and tells his mom of the death of Billy Bone. She is somewhat thrilled. She goes up there and drags his limp body down there in the middle of the floor. She goes up there to the treasure chest to claim the money that he owes her. When she gets up there they pry it open to find small sack of money, some clothes, and something wrapped in oil skin. She takes a little of the money that he owed. They run down stairs and already commotion has broke out as someone has found out what has happened. People gathered around and Jim told the what he wanted him to do before he died in bed. He knew he had to ride off to the town he was in by himself so he asked if anyone would mind helping his mom so she wouldn’t be by herself.
    Wedensday- No body would help her so he decided that eh would just have to go with his mom so they started to walk when his mom started to feel very light headed. She fainted and they hid. Some people walked by with lanterns. They bothe laid down when some commotion started to go on above. Some bucanneers have come out with the blind beggar from before. They all started busting in to the Inn while the blind beggar named Pew was shouting orders to look for the chest and they all started tearing things up. They went up stairs and found it but they were out raged to find nothing left in the chest all of a sudden the squires men cam up on horseback.
    Thursday- A battle went on between these 2 and Pew came to close to one of the horses and was trampled. He lay dead in the middle of the street. The rest of the bucaneers ran off. When this was done Jim got up and walked over to the squires men. He showed them every thing that had happened. He showed the oil skin thing and told them what he was supposed to do. One of them brought them in to the Inn and laid the mother down. They said that tomorrow morning thety were going to set off for the squires and Doctor Livesays house. They all went off and Jim and his mom haad to sleep in the disaster tat was there house

20. This is my last blog of the week.

When they enter the motel room Antonia’s mom is curled up in a ball in the corner. They take her and put her in a hospital. Antonia and her brothers stay with Jazz until the have to leave. Jazz’s mom says she would love too keep them but can’t. By the way Jazz plays the piano excellent and has a major concert coming up soon. Antonia and her brothers go live with Tillie and Luis. Jazz and Antonia still have their peer counselling after school. Antonia goes to see her mom and brings her cookies. They won’t let them stay long though. Antonia tells Micheal that they still have a parent. Micheal goes of saying he doesn’t care if their mom ever gets back. He hates her. πŸ™

So sad:( that is were I am as of now.

21. hey, sorry I can’t be there in person, at least today (i hate the flu) anyways, on to omega theory. author’s purpsoe is to entertain, and i
    left off with michael programming the computer at the military camp. the book cuts to brother cyrus, who unwraps his ‘sinful, disfigured’ face to stand face to face with god. he then drops to the ground and prays for a length of time, unmeasurable in his half-asleep prayer phase, until Tamara (the one that kidnapped michael) apporaches. Cryus quickly rewraps his head, then chats with Tam about michael. She feels he’s been through too much to go through this, that he’s memorizing the code and making changes there, thereby discovering the plot hidden
    within. Cyrus feels that it is vital for him tocomplete the code so they can change excalibur (part of Star Wars, Regan’s plan to shoot down
    nuclear missles that are a threat to the US. A nuke get surrounded by many rods that channel the energy into lasers that fire at the missles,
    destroying the setup and, theoretically, the missle.) if they are to open the gates of heaven. their contact in the cia then calls to say that Agent Parker has an approval to go to israel (Remember Steele’s colleauge?) with David and Monique, and they are to arrive in israel that afternoon. cyrus instructs tam to contact nicodemus and prepare a proper greeting (insert dramatic music) David and co. land at Tel Nof, a central Israeli military base, watching the air force go into overdrive over the Iranian nuclear test. Tel Nof has many nuclear weapons ready to blast at Iran,
    and somehow, knowing this doesn’t give David a sense of security.They hit the ground and immediatly stall at Hebrew University of Jerusalem, where they search for Olam ben Z’man on the computers, but dont find him anywhere. they start interoggating professors and students, who laugh at the name but do not know who it is. then they get a clue from Verizon Communications, who had found the phone that Olam had used to contact Steele. These calls had origionated from a fiber optic line in Israel. The same line had been used before to send and recieve millions of gigabytes of data to the University of Maryland (Steele’s colledge). But according to Bezeq (Israeli phone company) the line did not connect to Hebrew University, but the flow of data terminated at a switching station in East Jerusalem. Our heroes have their next stop, but will they find Olam? find out next week!

22. Alright So I’ve got to blog for 10 minutes. I have one more chaptter left in the lightning thief, It is truly an amazing book:D I’ve read it in 3 days… So thats good.

Alright So summary of pretty much the whole book. Percy goes to a school for crazy messed up kids. He has a friend named Grover and a creepy math tacher named Mrs. Dodds. He goes to a museum to find that Mrs. Dodds is a creepy monster from the underworld trying to kill him. That’s nice.
    Percy has to leave his school with Grover who happens to be a Satyr… Which is a goat/man…. Really weird. Percy finds out he is a demi-god and is taken to camp half blood where before he gets there he fights a minotaur. Kills it and his mom sadly, gets sent to the underworld.. Even though she’s not dead. Percy is knocked out and wakes up in camp half blood. He plays an epic game of Capture the flag where he then finds out that his father is Poseidon. Percy talks to some weird thing that tells him about his destiny. Him, Annabeth, And Grover go to find the lighting bolt that Percy “Stole” even thought he didn’t Ares the god of war did. But percy doesnt know that yet. He find Medusa and kills her and he gets attacked by Echidna… He gets tricjed by Are stakes a visit to the underworld and almost dies comes out alive and then goes and hurts Ares. Who is now his enemy.
    Percy leaves and talkes to Zeus on the 600th floor of the empire state building.
    Ok I’m done
    -Julie

23. Mr. mayfeild how could you. i said i was reading london calling and you sucked me into populer clone. now that is what i accendently read for 2 hours today and now all i want to do is blog on populer clone. So if i disapointed you with switching books 2 times a weak. First its Halo, then its London Calling, and now its popular clone. so i’m sorry about that so i am going to blog on popular clone and if tomarrow you want to tell me thats not or is okay that is fine.
    Now for the real blog of the book. Popular clone [#1- change] [#2- authors purpose]

[#1- the change is between places. First hes is in school in his last class were he is facing the teachers boring statements to him, and the vikings: the bullies. Wich is one of his biggest fears. Next it takes place at his house. There his mom and dad say “How was your day.” and he is expeirementing with misqitos. He wants to make them were they won’t bite him but they will bite the vikings. As he is in his room there he trips over a tube that is connected to his misqito expeirement. He quickly gets untangled and then he takes a test. He sticks his hand i the hole where he will test it, after 30 seconds he takes his hand out. He sees hundreds of misqito bites on his arm. After a moment passes a fuzzy pink pig comes flying in. He reches down and pets his pig. The pig is able to fly becuase his mom wanted a new lab so she asked his dad and he said when pigs fly so she alterd the pig so it could fly.] Man! I wanted to tell you more but i went way over board with that time for that blog so i am stopping with this one and going on to number too.

[#2-The authors pupose of when they heard the the alarm go off and went to severe actions was to not over react. Because the house completely captured the intruder so to speak in an impossible to get out web trap. I said so to speak cause it was the pig! The pig had flown away and follow the ducks. So when it got back the alarms went off. luckily the house shot a liquid substance that made the web turn into a liquid gell. So thats why I think the authors purpose was to never over react until you know that it is somethink that would be worth reacted that way.]

So there is my blog! hoped you liked it if you do in your next blog comment my blog and I will be reading them just in case. Thank you to the people who do comment. By blog who later πŸ™‚

24. Ok so first blog ever kinda scared but here goes nothing.
    Ok so Im reading Matillda By Ronald Dahll It a sad book. So im taking the point of view of her father. Ok so my little twit of a daughter is soooooooooooo annoying and is soooooo selfish. And my little boy Michal is going to take over the family buisness because he is just my favorite son ever and he soooooo smart. So Mitilda is just a little brat and I never notice her and she likes to read which is really bad and terrible and Im fixing to go tell her she needs to go outside in the freezing cold and wash my car. So hang on im on the phone and got to go……………………………. So anyway that is my first journal blog ever. Stay AWESOME Mr. Mayfield. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

25. Well Wednesday Wars ws confusing and my sister even thought so.I Decided to try out To kill a Mocking bird.(i change books alot sadly). At the beginning This Girl named Scout says their brother,when he was 13 he broke his elbow really badly.That is the weirdest place to break something.His name was Jem.He used to think he could never play football again but his fear was assuaged(eased) .He was a little self conscious.What was weird yet kinda funny, his left arm was shorter than his right because of the injury.They arent sure what caused him to break it.One theory is when Dill(guessing friend of Jem) was there that summer and told him about making Boo Radley come out.He is their neighbor..Scout is telling her Childhood stories.She said he summer started out with her and Jem meeting someone new.HIs name is Charles Baker Harris.When he sees them the first thing Charles says to him is I’m Charles Baker Harris and I can read! I thought that was really funny.Scout being just like me said “so what”Jem guesses he is four and a half.Charles is going on seven!Back in the days not many people could read.Jem having the funny personality said “well Charles Baker Harris come here.wow thats a long name you got there””At this time Scout was almost 6 and Jem was 10.Charles trying to make a good comeback said “well Aunt Rachel says your name is Jeremy Atticus Finch.Jem of course told him that his name can fit him and Charles’ name is about 1 foot longer than him.This book is really good.I love books with lots of Humour!

26. Hello Mr. Mayfield. Aloha, hola, and in all of the other languages saying hi! So I started the Graveyard Book, checked it in, then checked it back out because I wanted to read it again. Got to make up my mind. Now I’m reading it again. Okay so maybe it’s been a while since I’ve blogged, but tonight, I will blog for 15 minutes. Yippie…..

Alright so I have read at least a couple of chapters since my last blog. So Mr. and Mrs. Owens took in the live child-and you’ve got to remember that they are dead- and ended up naming the baby Nobody. Nobody Owens. The only reason the Owens named him that is because they-as in the dead people in the graveyard- started naming who he looked like to give him a name. But Mrs. Owens said that he didn’t look like anybody but him. And thats where that name came from. So now Nobody belongs to the Owens and he gets to wander and roam free around the entire graveyard. Now Nobody is grown and is 5 years old but doesn’t know it until this cute little 5 year old girl named Scarlett wanders around the graveyard and finds Bod, short for nobody. Then they learned just about everything about each other. One day when the two met up in the graveyard, they went down to a barrow/mausoleum, which was buried in the hill in the graveyard. Bod had the key to it, so Scarlett and Bod went to it. Since Bod grew up in the graveyard, he was able to go to any place in the graveyard, and he was able to see in any kind of darkness. That means that he could lead Scarlett all the way down the stairs in the dark mausoleum. Once they got to the bottom of it, there was this really really old tattooed man-probably dead being my guess- and he grabs Scarlett and sort of mumbles, “nobody enters. And if they do they die!” or something in that genre. Since Scarlett can’t see dead people, but could see the tattooed man, they thought that they were just imagining it and it turned out just being a scarecrow, or was it? So once they went back up the stairs and came out, there were a bunch of police and rescue people looking for Scarlett because her parents had called the police in order to find her. When they asked Scarlett what had happened, she told them the truth and of course they didn’t believe her. Who would to be honest? So her dad just assumed that Bod was her imaginary friend and the whole thing was just a game, and that it was perfectly normal for a 5 year old little girl to have a big imagination like that. So a few days after that incident, Scarlett came back one last time to say goodbye to Bod because her dad got a job in Scotland to teach particle physics. Which meant poor Scarlett had to move all the way to Scotland. πŸ™ Now Bod’s teacher Silas has gone on a trip and left Bod with and awful new teacher temporarily and she doesn’t make good food, and teaches the poor 6 year old way too much. And that’s about all I’ve read so far.

Well that’s all for now! Wow, 15 minutes!!!!! πŸ˜€ well I will try and blog next week. Byee

27. Well I’m going to do more because I’d rather blog than write. Once again reading To kill a mocking bird by Harper Lee.Charles brother Dill comes right over the fence just budding into the conversation tells Scout and Jem about how his mom is working for a photographer so she came down here to visit. In the picture in my head i’m guessing from Jem’s reaction he got all wide eyed.He asked so many questions. One specific one was any interesting pictures?He said the one good picture show was dracula.Dill was telling the story while Scout was observing him.She is saying he has almost white hair and he had a real laugh that you could tell he was happy(not like one of those fake ones) Scout wondered where his father was.Dill thought he didnt have one.Scout being a smart litte girl asked if he was dead Dill said no Then Scout said then you have one! Scout is so smart. (:

28. I have been reading the book, taken. its about a girl who is kidnapped by a group of hispanic paramedics. She flashes back many times to happy times. she even had classes back in her school about kidnapping because there were so many. she lived in the safest neighborhood in the usa and still got napped as she would call it.

Dear taken girl(your name is never mentioned),
    As always i put myself in your position and talk. If i were you i wouldnt care if i got shot leaving the ambulance. You knw that they probably wont do anything because if they do the deal will be off and they dont get money. also, how many people can an ambulance hold five or six. there’s not that many so i would atleast make a break for it. if they shoot you, they shoot you. theyre not going to make you suffer so it will either be a one shot one kill or they just dont shoot at all. boo yah. i may have just saved the day for you. but theres still a whole lot of reading to be done so i will soon find out if you follow my advice.

i think that the reasoning of this book was to tell the reader to always be prepared. dont go into anyones car if you dont know them. if an ambulance comes make sure that your mom, dad, or guardian goes with you. make sure to check the ambulance’s personel license. remember to alwyas be prepared and never ever go into an ambulance. tell the driver that you want to ride with your parent. also, if an ambulance comes to your house for no reason and says that they got a phone call that the girl is sick, this is for you parents, dont let em go.

i think that this book compares pretty well to the movie taken. who knows if they made the book or movie about one or the other. they both have basically the same plot. plot is the things that happen in a story. i saw the movie and the girl is kidnapped at the beginning. its the same for the book. but the story in the movie is told from the dad and the book is told from the girl. in the book the girls dad is hardly ever home but in movie the dad takes action and saves the girl. the thing the story is about is being kidnapped and they both have that in common.

29. so here goes my last blog.

Creative) One day in a galaxy far far a lond time ago (but somehow in the future) a prince named sir Buttox was “pracing” through the forest.
    See this is weird because prince buttox is a very, well lets just say out of shape boy. So if you saw someone (like little buttox) you might say (in there future/old time) come here you little rascal. Or you might jump him.

30. hey this is alex ive been so busy but been reading this book called the gien shizick book it is so good because you got the coach telling his life story its like all in front of you because he says that when he was growing up he always loved football. and that down to were im at.

31. hey mr.mayfield i am going to do 20 mins on the red pyramid.

mon-when the kids return they see a glowing red circle at their dads feet. sadie calls her dad and he turns around surprised. then suddenly the rosetta stone explodes. and carter and sadie are blown against the wall of the museum.

tues- when carter gains conciusness he finds his dad still in the circle unharmed but there is also a man that look familiar to him. the man and his dad are arguing about something. then carters dad make a guesture and tells carter to take sadie (who was unconcius) and get out of there.

weds- after carter takes sadie around the corner a girl and an old man come up and the girl holds up a knife. she asks her master if she should kill them but the master said not yet. he wanted to make sure of something.

thurs- i think the authors porpose is to entertain because he has alot of mysterius things happening during the book. but i also thinks that he wants to inform the young adults about the culture of egypt. he did the same thing in the percy jackson series.

32. hey mr mayfield i got to play so im feeling good today. i will blog for ten minutes on the authors purpose so that fire that started spread all the boys got out but the girls had no warning. the roof collapsed and then they knew what was going on. i the the author was saying that sometimes you have no warning on whats going on but the second it hits you then you have to push though it.then the girls made it out unharmed that shows that the author likes the close escapes to look for in the future. well i cant wait untill our next game so i can play as a wide receivior so im going to sleep see ya