if you battle the books long enough, then they’ve give in

early iron bowl news… bama leads auburn 15-12 in college volleyball

(this blog update brought to you by the good folks at channel 23 and the lone person in the world who is not excited about NFL even a little bit on sundays – which is why he’d rather watch volleyball:)

i’m going to try this week to spend as little possible time reading serious books – my attention must be given to the bama-lsu game – b/c what i do matters for this game, of course (hope coach saban doesn’t read that or else he’d yell that of course it matters, that my voice makes a difference – anyway…)

“the pathfinder” – a high school BOB – 662 pages of time traveling frustration – just didn’t work well at all for me – way too long – way too simplistic in plot – the antagonist was the mom – which was just wrong – and the people could go back and reverse whatever they did wrong or messed up – even see themselves in the future – which violated totally the whole marty mcfly space-time continuum lessons doc brown gave in “back to the future” – c’mon people, did we not learn from that movie how space works??? grr…

“divergent” – sorry to all my middle school kids that have read this book and LOVED it, but i read it for high school BOB and thought it was twilight – basically, a sappy romance that will lead to future books in a series (and a film) – on the positive note, i did like that it was set in chicago…

i’m working currently on “the plague year” by edward bloor – historical fiction from 2001 – post-sept. 11 – i’m a third of the way through and love it – no surprise there b/c i do love me some edward bloor

guess that’s it beyond the magazines and Bible – hope your week is great

22 thoughts on “if you battle the books long enough, then they’ve give in”

1. Saban would yell at you 🙂

Creative- Oh. Another touchdown pass. That one was 80 yards. I can’t belive that I already have 143 passing yards and it’s only halftime! When we got in the lockerrooms coach was happy since we were up by 38 points. The rest of the game should be easy if we keep playing like this.
    I got 132 more passing yards in the second half. We won by 59 points and it was a shutout. They must have been really bad for the third-ranked team in the SEC. Now all I have to do is drive home and sleep. On the way home I wasn’t paying attention and it was dark. Some lunatic pulled out in front of me and stopped. I swerved to try not to hit him and I went off of the road. There was an eighteen-wheeler parked and my sports car just went right under it. It looked like a convertable after the crash. I almost died and it’s a wonder that I’m still alive. The doctors said that I may never play football do to my extreme injuries. I’m detirmined to play again and after some hard work I think I can make it. It will be hard but I think I can do it. My whole team and family said that they will do whatever it takes. That’s all for today.

Trent

2. hey like my name or what haha i thought it was good and i will spend my time on creative on what the gifted class should do once a month. i think we should be able to go out side and write a creative essay on the world that surrounds you i think that will help us with writing skills and our goals for them one it will help you grow better at writing and the last thing on my mind was some new students into gifted i will name a few joseph joiner,joseph pennington, samantha slaughter, haleigh gowers, and natalie odgers. well thats it see you

3. Sorry I didn’t blog yesterday. I will do them both today on Cheater.

Monday- Authors Purpose
    I think the authors purpose is to inform kids about cheating. The consequences it can and will bring you. No one in the world likes a cheater because it is like they are always bugging you. Can you give me the answer to blah blah blah. I hate it when people do this because it makes them seem stupid themselves. It is like someone tattooing a sigh that says Stupid onto their head. Cheaters anger me and make me feel like they just don’t care . Oh wait, they actually don’t. They don’t listen or pay any attention to anything school wise.

Tuesday-Point of view Blaine
    Gosh, why won’t this Karl kid just give up and let me cheat off of him. He is so stupid. Doesn’t he know that us cool kids have no time for school. We have better things to do then sit and study. I mean, when are we going to use this stuff anyway. Let’s see, what homework can I avoid doing tonight. Social studies, science, oh math lets go with that. If you can’t tell, I don’t care about school. It smells, it is full of nerds, and you have to learn. Well, I have to get going. Got to go to the detention trailer since I skipped um lets just say a lot of classes.

4. Creative- We all say “that was easy” but dO we realize the entire complicity that we had to go through? Well first off there was the mental idea of doing it, which, for some is harder then others. The. We had to push several million atoms to move and do the task at hand. And then, saying “that was easy makes a bit of your breath go away and you would never get it back. Or if your like the common man, you wouldn’t have taken the time to do this. Well this journal was easy.

5. Second blog

Somehow they called Danny back to base and he was okay. Fran took him into a room that was basicaly like a musem. It had all of their old books and artifacts that they used when they were studing magic. Danny sat down in the old chair that they used to use because you didn’t need an anchor for it. All of a sudden a big beast came out of nowhere and attacked Fran. She fell on the floor and it killed her. Danny tried to save the body by distracting the beast and it attcked him. It tore open his leg. They fought and it cut Danny’s throat. All of a sudden Danny pulled out a three-bladed dagger (It’s not in the book but they are ilegal because of the wound they make) and stabbed it in the heart.
    Opal got ready to leave the hospital after Dorothy left. She waited forever for the doctor to get there but he didn’t come. She saw a bad guy on TV shaking hands with a government official and she left. When she got outside Michael was waiting for her. He told her that Fran was dead. That’s all for today.

Trent

6. Hey I am going to do 2 blogs today.
    Monday- So I left off on pendragon as Uncle Press told Bobby the directions of what to do if something happens. So they walk down and instantly a homeless person walks up to him and starts to yell at him for standing on his house. While this is going on a man dressed as a police officer walks up and begins to quiestion him on why he was down there. Bobby sensed something was going on, but he didn’t understand. The police man put a hand on his gun and Uncle press pulled one out too. Uncle Press called this guy Saint Dane, and they began to shoot at eachother. Uncle Press told him to run, and before he got to the stairs at the end, he told him to watch out for the quigs.
    Tuesday- He didn’t know what a quig was, but he wasn’t worried then because he was more worried about not getting shot. He proceeded along the tracks to find the door with the star on it. Then he heard a rumbling noise. He thought at first it was a train coming, but he looked back and saw no light coming. He then heard hard footsteps coming towards him. He realized it was the quigs so he began to run. When he looked back he saw them right on his heel. The looked like oversized, mutated dogs. He ran for his life until he came to the door. He threw it open, and ran inside as the quigs started to claw threw the door. He rememmbered he was supposed to say something, but he forgot.

7. hey mafeld ha sorry that i didnt do nanowrimo this year but i will next anyways i was wandering if i could run on the weekend because i need more endurance for basketball i could be able to play alot better and i was wondering if i could join cross-contry for time to waste and be healthier. anyways i will do the authors purpose on ten minutes he said even though i didnt win i tried. i think tahts important because its not allabout winning its okay to lose trying instead of not trying. well i also think he may earn a better spot on the strings like 1 string

8. finally got to the computer, so song of today is the addams family theme song (had it stuck in my head all through walmart) let’s continue with the fascinating tale of harry potter and the half blood prince. we left off with dumbledore explaining the complex properties of parental love to harry. katie bell returns sans cursed necklace, still unsure of who gave it to her (although she does remember that she got it in the bathroom of the three broomsticks). the final quidditch match looms ahead, which will decide the quidditch cup winner, gryffindor or ravenclaw. harry repeatedly checks the marauder’s map, and finally sees malfoy in moaning myrtle’s bathroom. he sprints up to the bathroom and finds malfoy crying. he sees harry in the mirror, spins around and attempts to hex him; Harry then parries with the first curse that springs to his mind (sectumsempra, the only curse of the prince’s which hasn’t been tested by harry). a giant gash, blood gushing from its depths, spreads across malfoy’s upper body, and he crumples to his knees. snape appears, rushes to treat malfoy’s wounds, and demands to see harry’s advanced potion making textbook. Harry dashes to the common room, grabs his and ron’s textbooks, sprints back to the room of requirement, and stashes his book in a cabinet embellished with a bust wearing a shining tiara (very important detail in he seventh book). when he returns to moaning myrtle’s bathroom, Harry relinquishes ron’s book to snape, who then queries as to who roonild woozlib is (ron’s spellcheck quill was starting to die). harry tells him that it’s just a nickname. snape doesn’t belive him, but allows him to leave with a detention every saturday . . . starting during the last game of the season. harry is distraught, walking slowly back to the common room. he goes to the first detention a few days later, and is told to recopy old discipline records. coincidentally, most of them mentioning james potter or sirius black, with the occasional peter pettigrew mixed in. after the agonizing detention, he returns to the common room, where he is informed hundred-fold that gryffindor won. in the post victory euphoria, he sweeps up ginny and kisses her in front of the crowd. Ill finish up tommorrow!

9. Monday: I stopped reading the non-BOB books b/c im way behind. Now im almost done with A Long Walk to Water. In that book i have found that Salva’s character is very interesting. His friend is killed by a lion, his uncle is shot by military men, and yet he still has hope that his family is in the refugee camp. His hope exclaims even higher when he sees an orange headband, which looks like one his mother would wear. Then as soon as he was about yell mother again, he relized that his family was gone. (his uncle said something that finally hit him, and hit him in the gut. He relized he must move on and become a man, and that is what he did.

10. Tuesday: Another character in this stor worth desricbing, is Salva’s uncle. He was comforting towards Salva when he needed it, yet was strong when Salva needed to be pushed a little over his initial limit. He lead a group of parched and starving people through a desert… for the most part. When the soldiers came (non-rebels) they asked if the uncle was a rebel because he was carrying artiliry that was the same as a rebel, because he was a rebel. even when he said no, they tied him to a tree, laughed, then shot him in cold blood. My point of that was, even in mortal danger he was couragous: strong character.

11. Wednesday: An alternate ending to when the uncle got shot, would be if he shot them instead. If he would have shot those 3, if possible, he could have gotten to the refugee camp and had more artilary in case more danger came their way. However, if he had done that then the plot would have to be changed because Salva would end up not alone and would not have become as strong as he is because he was alone.

12. Thursday: (CREATIVE) Once upon a time…likely way to start a story, but im not a person to do likely things. In my stry we’ll start where the best place to start is the beginning (duh).
    I lay in my house floor, wondering what happened to me. When i rise i see blue, red, and white lights flashing all around. I immediately look for my family, who i find crying by an ambulence. I ask what’s wrong and no one answers. I ask again, then again louder, louder, and do this until i am screaming at the top of my lungs.
    That’s when i wonder, “If it is so important you’ll cry why won’t you tell me what happened?”
    As I take another look around and see a large blue tarp, usually meaning it is a terrible accident or a casuality. It is probably a bad idea to try to get closer because they might tell me it is bad, but my curiosity is too strong. I walk like kinda of stealthfully and freeze when a cop looks at me. Panic hits me when he walks towards me until, he walks right “through” me! “Maybe he walked around me and i thought he did,” i think to myself.
    That thought vanishes when I look behind the tarp and see a dead body: me.

13. So hey I’m going to finish up this week with 2 blogs.
    Wedensday- So in Pendragon he opened up the door with the star shape on it. He slammed the door behind him as the Quigs clawed at the door. He remembered he was supposed to say ssomething when he got in the door but he forgot. Aftre a quick session of brainstorming, he remembered. He was supposed to say Denduron. Just as the quigs got through the door he screamed it. Everything got extremely quiet and he didn’t know what was going on. He started to walk for ward and all of a sudden he was pulled to the floor by an invisible force.
    Thursday-So this book is actually a replica of a journal that is written by Bobby. It’s like he is writing to his friend on Earth and telling him everything that is going on. So in between each chapter they switch from Denduron and Earth. So it is now in the point of view of his friend on earth, Mark. It starts out how he explains what happened the night before. He woke up in the middle of the night to find a strange woman at the foot of his bed. She told him to be quiet and she walked to the side of his bed. She pulled a ring out of her pocket and placed it on his finger. He looked down and then she was gone.

14. I didn’t blog yesterday because I did my career story.

Thursday- They took Danny to a cell as soon as they bandaged his wounds because they thought that he killed Fran. He broke out because he hid one of his lock picks and since they put him in the same cell so it was easy. After he broke out he got into his energy body and followed a guy that was in his energy body and he looked like he was a terrorist. After he followed him outside the man flew and after a few trys Danny was right beside him. The man went back to his real body and got in it. There were more people around a six-pointed star and it looked like some kind of ceremony in a basement. A big man picked up a smaller one and strangled him. The man getting strangled floated out of his body and became this massave beast. They told him to kill the girl and Danny thought that meant Opal so he went back to base.
    When Opal got back they explained how Fran died and that they think Danny killed her. After they all look at the video fooyage they see a beast jump out and attack her. After they found out what happened Danny meets up with them and makes Opal leave with him and Micheal. That’s all for this week.

Trent

15. So it is Thursday!!!
    Wednesday- Creative
    Charlie is an average guy. A nerd when it comes to video games. He knows anything and everything about them. You can’t fool this dude robot man. He is a straight A+ student, of course. Well, one day Charlie was making a very graphic video game. It was like you were actually there. Well, with Charlie being smarter than his gifted teacher Mayfield, he went to far overboard. A couple of wire mess ups was all it took and Charlie vanished. No one knew were he was. No one was smart enough to believe he had trapped herself in his own game. Only one person could save the day, Mayfield. He was at Charlie’s house looking around when suddenly he got sucked into the game too! Will they ever get out?
    To be continued…..
    Thursday-Alternate Ending
    So I left off with Karl not agreeing to help Cara and Blaine cheat.
    “I will help you cheat, ok?”, Karl said. “Cool with me, I will see you later.”, Cara said as they drove off. How can I do this. I am never bad. If it will make me cool, then I will. Anything and everything has to be better than this. No one alive feels like I do. I hate being the smart one. Wow, this is bad. I need to do my homework but I can’t think straight. This sucks, I hate everyone. Why do they put me under pressure and make me say yes! Well, I will try not to think about this any more tonight.
    No one cheat!!! 🙂

16. hey mr mayfield i dont have much time but i am going to try to do 4 blogs in about 10 or 15 minutes.
    S-olive dunwoody
    O-she was by herself for the whole night and next morning.
    A-the reader
    P-her mom and dad were going on a day trip to a math convention
    S-they use math in almost every thing they say or do.
    T-mysterious-what is still trying to get rid of her
    o
    n
    e

17. blog #2
    S-Olive Dunwoody
    O-she went down stairs with 2 flashlights for back up
    A-the reader
    P-she needed to find who was trying to “dispose” of her…
    S-someone in a painting told her that there was some clues on the basement walls
    T-mysterious- she was trying to go into paintings to try to find out what was trying to get rid of her so they canhave the house back to them selves
    o
    n
    e

18. blog#3
    S-olive dunwoody
    O-she hurried up the stairs into the painting of annabelle
    A-the reader
    P-she had a lot of questions to ask her and she was very confused.
    S-it turns out that annabelle had lost a very treasured necklace when she lived in the house and it turns out that olive found it in a painting but she was scared that annabelle would be mad at her if olive told her that she had it.
    T-mysterious-olive had found something very important but mind bobbling down on the basement walls that she was scared to share with annabelle.
    o
    n
    e

19. song of today is almost famous by eminem. left off with harry and ginny kissing in the gryffindor common room. hermione rushes into lunch the next day fresh from a library-sleuthing trip, and excitedly tells harry and ron that the half blood prince might possibly have been female! she whips out an old newspaper clipping of one elieen prince, a Hogwats student from some ten or twenty years ago. Ron, still reeling from lavender’s abrupt ending of their relationship, and harry, still floating in a dream state from his encounter with ginny, don’t really pay attention to her words. dumbledore sends harry a note about the next ‘tutoring session’, to which harry rushes off to at the appointed time. on his way, he walks by the room of requirement. professor trelawney is stumbling around, holding several half empty bottles of sherry she was trying to stash in the room. She drunkenly tells harry she heard a gleeful shout while in the room. Apparently someone noticed her, for suddenly the room was plunged into darkness and she felt her body being carelessly tossed from the room just when harry came along. she walks to dumbledore with him, as harry insists she tell dumbledore. dumbledore listens calmly to the tale, then excuses trelawney. see ya tomorrow

20. well i fineshed torn so now i am journaling on the new book in the percy jackson series the son of neptune.

mon- this book starts off with percy running from two gorgons. the gorgons are the sisters of medusa. the gorgons want revenge against percy because they keep saying that he killed her. percy has lost his memory somehow so he doesnt remember killing medusa.

tues- so percy is running up a hill and he gets this strange feeling in his gut that he is were he needs to be. he looks around trying to find a place to escape but the only place he sees is right into a highway. percy notices that the highway cuts into the hill. he is in the right place he’s just to high up.

weds- percy gets out his pen sword and waits for the gorgons to catch up. the gorgons were undercover as bargain mart workers. one of the gorgons were still carrying thier trays of half off wienies. percy takes his sword and cuts off the gorgons head. he takes the tray and goes down the hill using the tray as a sled. the tray hits the bottom of the hill and percy goes flying into a bush.

thurs- percy looks at the highway going into the hill. he notices a door that looks like a maintenence tunnel. at the entrance to the tunnel is two kids in armour with weapons. then behind him he sees the ocean. a woman apears and tells percy that he has two choices. he can ether carry the old woman to safety and save the world or he can go to the ocean and survive there for the rest of his life. percy knew that this was a test so he took the old woman and started running towards the tunnel with the gorgons following him.

well thats my twenty minutes.

21. Well this week im a little late on doing journals so im blogging This week i finished the newest book from the heroes of olympus series The Son of Neptune
    So percy is running from two gorgons wich cant seem to hurt him. In earlier books by Rick Riordan. He wrote that percy Gets Dipped in the River Styx so he climbs a hill and looks down all he sees is a Cliff and a Hotel roof top but he gets the feeling tht he is home the she wolf Lupa tells him that he has t use his instincts to find home and now his homeward radar was beeping like crazy all he would have to do was jump then he hears a noise and he turns around and sees Stheno the gorgon she keeps Offering him food thats injected with gorgon blood then the other gorgon Euryale she keeps arguing with Stheno so percy gets an idea to take the snack platter and to use it as a board he says a silent prayer to wichever roman god has stupid sledding tricks and he jumps
    he misses the road by just a little bit and he landed in some bushes the road must have cut through the mountains becaus his homeward radar was going nuts then he saw a hatch to mortals they would have thought it was just a maintenance hatch but he was a demigod so he could see the guards they were all dressed up in roman armor and then an old lady appeared next to him she told him that he had two Choices.
    Well thats My bell ill blog next week