yes mr. scott, mcdonald’s does have wonderful water…

so this one is early because i’m off to tour the world tomorrow morning…

“the longest race” by ayres – book on distance running – on running philosophy – on the earth and what we’re doing to it – on how to live counterculturally – and the point is that while our society values speed and power, life is really about enduring – about patience and waiting – good lessons – enjoyable

“les miserables” by hugo – oh, i was so proud to finish this one in a week – i read the 1200 page abridged edition – so i missed 200 pages – but i got most of it – lots of side roads taken in the book that i could figure would not be in the rock opera – what i liked about the book was what i like about all long books – you get involved and watch them grow over time and through the years – and who they are at the end is very, very different than who they were at the beginning – now, today’s young adult books do rival some classics like “miserables” in length – if you chain all the books in the series together – but you just don’t get the character development – bella, edward, katniss, even lovable harry potter are all EXACTLY the same people at the end of the story – now, it’s not like the books end with them aged tremendously, but maybe some author could throw a curve ball with the next series i read and do something about that problem… 🙂

and it’s on to season five of “friday night lights” – clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose

adison – great to hear that baseball finally ended and you’re getting in both some reading and blogging – however, you only mentioned one awesome sister – i would assume the younger one???

mafeld

13 thoughts on “yes mr. scott, mcdonald’s does have wonderful water…”

1. Hey mr mayfield I am on my second book now moon over manifest planning to finish it by August and I will read wensday wars. I really like this book so far I will do the point of view from when I read this part. He knew jumping box cars was easy. I think that going from box car to boxcar must be challenging because most boxcars have cops that check them before they can leave the station and it would be hard to avoid police when they search

2. hey mr mayfield i am blogging on my point of view when i read fortunately the last day of school was brief… i think every last day of school is short and i want to keep it that way i like those short days when there is nothing to do it helps you calm down and think about life thats what i thought when i read that part

3. Hey, 🙂

I just finished my first summer reading book
    -Yes I know I’m behind-
    I finished “The Princess Bride” However it’s not the original but a revised version written by, I believe it was, William Goldman. I think I would have preferred the book by it’s original author better, however I’m sure that Mr. Baker was just trying to help us out by having us read this copy. 🙂 I find that I like how two of the bad guys swapped roles, and we saw the their helpless side. I also like how they took the hero and reduced him to little to nothing. I ended up annoyed at Buttercup, the princess, most of the story. She made terrible, self-centered, mistakes. And NEVER redeemed herself. I could go on for hours about this book, however, I must go.

Oh and p.s.
    Harry Potter does change and age.
    O_o Don’t insult the AWESOMENESS

Happy Summer to you all
    Olive-A

4. Hey mr mayfield I will do the my point of view when I read do you have bumps in your bottom. First off I wasn’t expecting that fully but you know what ever okay second I was thinking how the bumps got there and third I really want to know why they can’t make the dose smaller to save more money and help more people.

5. Dear Mayfield,
    This week I am reading Wednesday Wars. It’s about a kid named Holling Hoodhood who has a pretty normal life for how far I’ve read in the book. To me the book is realistic fiction because the stuff in the book could happen.
    The most climatic moment so far is when Holling has to clean the box of thirty erasers and, the chalk gets on the cream puffs in the window seal. So what happens is as he’s banging the erasers on the wall the dust goes higher and higher. When it gets to the third level window he goes charging up stairs but it was to late. The chalk had just settled on the cream puffs when he got there.
    I’m going to do two seprate journals on the blog. Ricky

6. Hi, it’s me again I was just coming to finish my journal time. So, I have decided to tell you that I’ve read a book called Sea Monsters. It’s about the giant predators that lived in the sea at the time of the dinosaurs. The sea monsters in the book would range from the size of a car to an 18 wheeler. It’s non fiction, duh.
    Well, that’s another book that I’ve read, and the journal about it. So, I’ll see you later have a good night. Bye Mr. Mayfield.

7. Inheritance
    Not so long ago Eragon was just an orphaned farm boy and Saphira was just a blue egg in the forest.Now Eragon is a Dragon rider and Saphia has a friend and a person upon her back.
    After they found the each other they traveled with Brom to attempt to kill the Raz’ac who killed his uncle Garrow. While they were traveling they encountered the Urgals, which took them captive and later killed Brom but, Mugrthan rescued Eragon. They traveled across the Haradic Dessert, to the Varden, a group of rebels against the king Galabrix. When they were near Gilead Eragon got captured by the Urgals and was handed over to the Jailers. When Eragon woke up, for he had been knocked out, he found himself in prison with an elf! He rescued the elf and made his way to the Varden. After he got to the Varden he fought and killed a shade! Arya, the elf Eragon had rescued, then tested Eragon, he passed.
    Eragon then traveled to Elsmeria, the elves capitol city. There he met the last of the eldest of the Dragon riders, or Orimis. As he was there the Dragons to met with him and gave him a gift, his full transformation as a Dragon rider.
    He completed as much training as he could then and hurried back to the Varden, because they were launching their first attack on Fenister.
    As soon as possible though he went back to Elsmeria and got a new sword, for his had been stolen by his half brother by mother, Mugrath. He also foundbout that Galabrix had been gaining his power by stealing the Dragons Heart-of-Hearts.
    Now Eragon is back with the Varden and they have allied humans, dwarves, Urgals,elves, and now werecats. What will they do next?

8. Dear Mr. Mayfield
    I’m a little bit confused because a few people are telling me I’ve done enough journals for this week, but others are telling me that I have a few more paragraphs to go. What is your opinion on this? Thanks!

Your most obsessed reader,
    Kaitlynn Claire Robicheaux