yes, i took 200 D.C. photos (but 60 were of my feet… :)

for some reason, this was the week to read – but before that…

adison – please clarify the book the POV’s are coming from – because my last check had you on “manifest” and i’m not remembering anything from your writing that has to do with the book – of course, if it’s just you telling about your summer, then sorry about your posterior… 🙂

olive-a – YEAH FOR FINISHING BOOK ONE!!! and my apologies on offending your harry potter fandom – however, in my defense, or at least the way i see it, harry grew up over the books – he didn’t change – there’s a difference – he started the series a good kid and he ended the books a good man – no difference – same thing with ron and ms. granger – who they were at the start were who they were at the end – no transforming – they just grew up – which is sort of how i hope you’ll be one day b/c you started my class perfect so there’s no major transformation to go through – others, however… 🙂

alright, to the books…

“of africa” by soyinka – even years later, continental europe messed africa up – there’s still fallout, from the governmental structure to civil wars – this book did a great job showing that

“indescribable” by giglio and redman – book of amazing galaxy shots and testimony to the power of God in the universe – wonderful book that makes you take a step back to appreciate what’s around you

“candy experiments” by leavitt – elem kids rejoice!!! a book on how to take your favorite candies and blow them up:) (rather, just do some cool things with them – and possibly learn a bit about the science behind it as you go – really loved this book)

“the hobbit devotional” by strauss – 60 devotions based on the hobbit – good reminder that just as bilbo was called, we all have a big adventure awaiting us – whether we like it or not:) in life to travel

“shakespeare on toast” by crystal – how do you read shakespearea? this guy argues through the meter and verse – very interesting read – pretty quick and light, but the iambic pentameter stuff helped me – and should help me help you next year

and finally…

“14 minutes” by salazar – distance runner, now coach of The Oregon Project for Nike, talks about having the passion and drive to be great, and the wisdom to know when to pull back – to trust in faith over perfection – loved the book as a runner – as a teacher of young people – as a person of faith

hope your week to come is great – i’ll be at football media days so look for me next to a D-lineman – i’ll be the smaller one…

maf