“so much depends upon a red wheelbarrow…”

as all ye avid fans (my spam counter says there are thousands of you computer robots out there – and then julie:) of my blog know, i’m kind of, sort of training for the chicago marathon this fall – which would be the only reason why i’d get up at 4:30 and start running outside for long distances every sunday

so this sunday, i’m trying to practice good running technique and repeat some “power mantra” – according to running gurus, you’re supposed to have power words that you say to yourself – or phrases – throughout a run so that you have something to discuss and think about – oh, and so you’ll keep your mind positive (this would be for the elite athletes – normal people just put on earphones and try to drown out the pain:)

and yet, summer running makes me stupid (as evidenced by the fact that my no. 1 song right now is “call me maybe” – a song i couldn’t even listen to in may) so the whole mantra thing went out the window quickly today – and in it’s place…

“the fault in our stars” by john green – oh curse you john green for you had to remind me of that william carlos williams red wheelbarrow poem – which became my mantra today:) and really, all is forgiven anyway because “stars” was wonderful – achingly beautiful was the description on the back – and i would agree – two smart kids playing verbal tag throughout the book is a great plot for me (outside of the language and “adult situations” that i think i’m just forced to realize all teenagers deal with now…)

“the last coach” by barra – wonderful book on paul “bear” bryant – it’s the second time i’ve read the book – first time in about seven years – made me hit the internet for some of the obscure bryant video – and i’ve got a few requests out to the county for interlibrary loan books about the old bama campus – so very enjoyable read – the bear died pretty much right before i could remember him – but just when i could remember everybody else remember him – dad and i had some great conversations b/c dad sold drinks at denny stadium in the ’60s – so great read

the good news – the room is getting more in order – the bad news – the room is a lot messier because the more i pull out, the messier it gets:) hopefully, order will be restored sometime soon

drop by during sixth grade orientation – just say mayfield approved it – that’s the only time i’ll be there to give you your top locker…

4 thoughts on ““so much depends upon a red wheelbarrow…””

1. I am reading wensday wars and I read the part about the perfect house so I will my point of view. I think that isn’t the perfect house I picture a perfect house as in the country where you can do anything like go out in your back yard to target practice and jut be all peaceful all day that’s what I think a perfect house is

2. Happy Birthday Jason whateveryourmiddlenameis Mayfield! I hope you have a great day! I’m so glad you were born because I don’t think it’s possible to have a GT Teacher better than you!

3. Hey Mr. Mayfield I am going to blog again for five minutes on the wensday wars. The teacher makes hood hood carry up treys one at a time and then stack them. She is making him do pointless work and I think that should be reported to the principal. There is also something called the closet room they don’t have lockers so they put their stuff in closset rooms and any molded food gets thrown in the closet.

4. Hey mr Mayfield I will blog for five minutes on what in read in the Wensday Wars. Hoodhood knew something was up when his teacher started to look at him funny. He had thought she was playing a prank on him. So he was very careful. When I read about the part where he was going to play soccor and has to try to stop the guy that had been to jail 3 times. I was thinking that hoodhood was going to get ran over and have a concussion. I think the teacher really wants to play a prank on the new kid and wont stop till she does.