’twas the week before i report, and all through the class…”

i thought this morning how all sunday mornings are the same in the months of july and august – hot – quiet – sunny – but then, i sort of changed that tune when i realized that some sundays are different than others – like when the pastor’s out, there’s nobody there – everyone’s “on vacation” – amazing how it coincides with the pastor’s trip  -then, he returns, and everybody comes back

i’m sure that observation came from my reading this week – or the delirium from running long this morning – anyway…

“wherever i wind up” by r.a. dickey – oh, what a wonderful book – dickey is a NY met pitcher – he’s thrown lights out this year – his story is pretty incredible – we may actually journal a bit this year about it b/c while i know none of you love baseball – all of you, all of us, can relate to what it’s like to go from phenom to nom (or nothing) in a particular thing we do – whether band, math, reading, sport – whatever, to go from being pretty good at something to losing that gift – and having to work to re-get that thing – it takes bravery, determination, unforeseen setbacks – dickey’s story is insightful (even without allowances for being a baseball player:)

and that was actually it this week – only one book – i’m slacking – truly – in fairness, there was magazine reading and newspapers, but none of those count – i know – i’ve truly disappointed you all – guess i was just out on vacation too… 🙂

the room is getting better – the dust clouds are settling so you might not even need a mask to enter my room

mafeld

6 thoughts on “’twas the week before i report, and all through the class…””

1. Hey Mr. Mayfield I am going to blog again for five minutes on the wensday wars. The teacher makes hood hood carry up treys one at a time and then stack them. She is making him do pointless work and I think that should be reported to the principal. There is also something called the closet room they don’t have lockers so they put their stuff in closset rooms and any molded food gets thrown in the closet.

2. Hey Mr. Mayfield I am reading The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. And all they do is make the pants travel (in the book title 🙂 But anyway they wrote up 10 guide lines of things you should and shouldn’t do with or without the pants. And now they are at this camp in Chicago. and they have to share cabins with people they don’t know. Change in an outside shower, also they have to take a shower out there to. But in my mind I think that’s kinda gross. But you know what ever I have a different mind set then them. :-p

3. Hey Mr. Mayfield I am reading The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. And all they do is make the pants travel (in the book title 🙂 But anyway they wrote up 10 guide lines of things you should and shouldn’t do with or without the pants. And now they are at this camp in Chicago. and they have to share cabins with people they don’t know. Change in an outside shower, also they have to take a shower out there to. But in my mind I think that’s kinda gross. But you know what ever I have a different mind set then them.

4. Wuts up Mr.mayfield!!!!!! i am reading Scat by carl hiaasen. i am at the part where nick and his mom are playing catch with his dad. Nick’s dad has been outside for 4 hours!:D i could not do that. This is the best night Nick has had in weeks! He is really enjoying his family time!:D 😀 😀

5. Hi Mr.Mayfield!:D I am reading Scat by Carl Hiaasen. It’s a wonderful book with crazy adventures. I am at the part where Nick and Marta meet the baby panther, Sqirt. When I read that part I pictured a cute, fluffy, and tan tiny panther. I wish I had one! 😀

6. hey i was i am reading anew book called daddy’s little girl by mary higinsclark. It’s about a girl who is being chased by coo-coo men who are trying to kill her.