the adventures of jason and the fortune wookiee…

big week – read three books – not sure it’s even good for me to be driving right now in my current level of post-marathon recovery-ness:) but i did read – now let’s see if i remember anything…

“king’s cross” by keller – great book – keller looks at the life of JC in the book of Mark – i was particularly struck late in the book when he said that we live in the first generation that doesn’t believe in happy ever after endings – we want our movies, our books, to end “messy” – and our desire for “messy” interferes with our ability now to believe in good endings – endings that are too good to be true – i couldn’t agree more – but i’d never thought about it much – except that today’s youth has less hope than i think they should

“any given monday” by dr. james andrews – book about youth sports injuries – lots of problems in areas i had never thought about – like the softball warm up – dr andrews has been based in the b’ham area for generations, and the book’s proceeds are to prevent youth injuries – so i thought the whole thing was great – AND – best of all – he was a pole vaulter in high school – go track and field!!!

“fortune wookiee” – it has a longer title – but it’s the third in the origami yoda series – probably was least impressed with this one just b/c it was a total set up to the fourth book to come – didn’t really advance the series so much as just spin the wheels – but hey, read it in a day, tried to make a wookiee, and isn’t that what life is all about anyway??? 🙂

hope your return to blogging is as painless as can be this week

mafeld

82 thoughts on “the adventures of jason and the fortune wookiee…”

1. Ok my mom just made me realize I haven done my ACTUAL blog yet with a simple ” have you done your blog yet ” and counting all the waffle stuff THAT’S my intro

You sit alone in the night,
    Wishing it hadn’t ended like this.
    You think about the years that have past,
    You sit and cry.
    You were only young, just a little child.
    Didn’t understand.
    It all happened so fast,
    Just a big blur in your memory.
    BUT you do remember the one thing he said before he left you,
    “Always remember that you are important even if you never see me again”
    Now your crying,
    Then you wake up,
    Years in your eyes,
    You were thinking of him.
    He left you,
    He didn’t care.
    But your still waiting for your dad to find you

Ok, this poem prabaly doesn’t make any since but I have to go. in the morning or sometime at night I’ll check the blog again and make a new “Waffle round up” <— yep it has a "cool" name now.

2. Wednesday

S-The speaker of SCAT is a third-person nararator
    O-The other teachers just realized that Ms. Starch went missing and Nick found out that his video of a “panther” was someone with a belt
    A-This book was written for people in school(either middle or high)
    P-Hiassen wrote this book to entertain with a story about a missing teacher with a little bit of romance
    S-A mysterios person showed up on Nick’s camera right before a teacher went missing
    T-Right now the tone of this story is scary/mysterious because a teacher just
    O went missing in a wildfire
    N
    E

Thursday-Creative

What happens when you dress up in a werewolf costume on a full moon? Well my friend wanted me to find out. First off, don’t go near a military base because all of the people there have guns. I found that out a little bit too late. Another bad idea was to do this on the night that a new werewolf horror movie comes out. Bad idea. I tried to think it through but it was late. Soi went to my neighbor’s house just to see what would happen. Next thing I know there’s a man chasing me and he is not slow. He turned back when he thought i was gone far enough. I took a break to rest my legs and that’s where i am now. Next thing I know there are sirens and lights. I scared an old lady so much that she had a heart attack.That was the last thing i saw.
    Last game tomorrow!

Trent

3. hey mr mayfield i will do my point of view on the debate on bith canidates are thinking off the top of their head but hiding how they really think avoiding words like um or well because that shows weakness in a leader to me because it shows too much though they really have to know what the strong things that will be asked and they have to exicute debating on the topics because if not they will lose the election. these debates are really boring if you just watch them but if you think about them it is really big problems that we are dealing with in the country.. well thats it

4. wow! i havent blogged in forever. so. here i go…
    i am reading the redheaded princess. it is about a young lady named Elizabeth. her father was king, but he was very sickly. he had an injured leg and an infection. the king had his own nurse to care for him, because he could scarcley walk from the growing amount of sickness inside of him.later after, he died of his overpowering sickness.soon after the death of the king, elizabeths brother, edward, is now going to be king. but let me warn you… edward is only 7!!!!

5. im reading the redheaded princess.
    since edward is to young to make real life decisions, he has a protector to make the best decisions for him. after edward, mary, elizabeths step sister will become queen. after mary, elizabeth will become queen. during all of the meetings at court and other proposing issues, elizabeth and her servant Cat Ashley do what they have done ever since elizabeths father died. cat would make her dresses, help out around the house, but mostly do things that needed to be done for elizabeth. while cat is inside doing work or duties, elizabeth is most likely found out in the woods riding horses while being accompanied by her knights.

6. im reading the redheaded princess.
    as for being a princess, elizabeth always had someone to accompany her where ever she went. when she was a little girl, there was always one boy who she loved to play with and be around. his name was Robin. as they both grew older they became closer friends and grew a stronger relationship between them both. they both loved to go out riding and did it often. although elizabeth was still accompanied by her knights, she would tell them that they could back off so she and robin could have some time to their selves to talk.

7. Hey, my first blog about The Prophet of Yonwood is here. If you’re wondering why it’s called that it’s because a woman had a vision about the Disaster (hint hint) and the people from the book called her vision the prophet. The book is titled The Prophet of Yonwood because Yonwood is a city that the prophet took place in. This book in the Ember series takes place before the Disaster, so Lina, Doon, and all of those people aren’t in this one. However, there is a new character, Nickie, and she went with her aunt to Yonwood to see her aunt’s grandfather’s house, because her grandfather died. The aunt is planning to sell the house but Nickie wants to keep it because she hates living in the city and the house is isolated.

When Nickie was exploring inside the house, she found an old bedroom and opened the closet doors because she heard something from inside. It was a teenage girl who did stuff for the grandfather before he died because he couldn’t do anything. The teenager also had a stray dog, whom she cleaned and began to take care of. Nickie promised that she wouldn’t tell anybody about her, so lucky for that teenager.

Nickie has a mission: To persuade her aunt to not sell the house so she can live in it.

That’s my blog for today. If you’re wondering why it was so long it’s because this is three chapters worth of blogging. Bye.

8. To MADALYN CARDEN WHO IS MY COUSIN:HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!
    To AnnMarie:Yes…I like waffles.
    To Shelby: Yes I like tacos.
    I noticed most of the blogs are from 6th graders. Whut up with dat yo?
    Yeah. I did it. I said “yo”.
    KK, here we go:
    I just finished “How they Croaked” by Georgia Bragg. And, as I said b4, it is naaaaaaasty. It`s a BOB book (as I said) and is interesting but gross. I also would like to point out that this book is especially interesting for people who like nonfiction b/c it also has ALOT of facts. So if you were doing a project on let`s say…Marie Curie, you could read that and get alot of info, there is a whole chapter on her. BUT my prob about it is it`s kind of short so tomorrow I have to come to school early so I can go to the library. URG. NOBODY LIKES WAKING UP AT 5:30 SO THEY CAN GO TO THE LIBRARY. I love books, but I don`t love waking up in the morning 🙁 Ok, so since I said Marie Curie, I`ll talk about her. She died from unsafe exposure to radiation. You know how she smushed up all those glowing rocks? Well they glowed b/c of radiation.
    BYE

9. HELLO MY PEEPS HAHA PEEPS

You have to be brave
    You have to be strong
    You have to try not to cry
    You have to act like nothing is wrong
    You have to tell yourself it is going to ok even when it is not
    You have to egnore the people staring at you
    You have to egnore the pain
    You have to take the medicine
    You have to deal with the sitefects
    You have to keeping moving foward
    You have to not think about it
    You have to tell your family and your children what is going to happen
    You have to never give up

This poem is about breast cancer it i have lost someone to breast cancer and it is really hard to cope with it but people have gotten it and lived. Support breast cancer walk for the cure this year. I do it every year you should at least do it once

10. HECK YES!!!!!!

WHO DOSENT LOVE TACOS !!??!!

anyway, im blogging again cause my mom told me to.
    So far in double eagle nothing has happened envolving doubles or eagles. But what DID happen was extremely boring. All that happened was mike and kyle got to the apartment and they cooked up their trout and had a nice tastey sounding dinner. Then they went to the general store and talked to some of the tresure hunters from the boat. thats all.

PEACE OUT!!! (feels good to say that again)

11. Waz up? Tonight, I am going to compare This article about Jimmy Valvano, tells about his fight with cancer. This can be compared to the books Rules and a biography I’ve read about Bo Jackson.

Rules

1-David has down-syndrome / Valvano has cancer
    2-Fiction / Nonfiction
    3-Book / Article

Biography about Bo Jackson

1-Nonfiction
    2-football and baseball / basketball
    3-player / coach

12. Everyone: Ok no more waffle blogs today:( BUT I will do one in the morning incase of any late night bloggers ( Caleb )
    Fred: haha yeah I useally write some pretty long blogs, not even meaning to.
    Shelby: haha I didn’t get as many people as me.
    Mr. Mayfield plus anyone who like the waffle song THAT much: the waffle song IS on iTunes it’s by Parry Gripp and its called “the waffle song”

Ok, BLOG TIME!!!!:

Music, express yourself
    Sports, get all sweaty and LOVE it
    School, get to talk to your friends AND make teachers think your paying attention
    Scholars bowl, show your smarts
    Bus, scream your head off and hope the bus driver doesn’t figure out its you
    Lunch, sit with your friends and resist the urge to start food fight
    And the there’s home, where your the ACTUAL you.

Ok and here’s my 6th grade boy blog:
    Hey, it’s bob again. I finished the “Barney’s adventures” book it took me ALL day. And I figured out its spelt Diary of a Wimpy kid he’s older brother is mean, and he’s younger brother is afriad to pee. Go football

^
    That’s all.

Now I repeat: I’m doing a blog tomorrow to catch any last minute blogers .

Peace out people’s!

OH!!!!!and mr. Mayfield I think your gonna like my “march of the dead” rewrite 😉 it may or may not have anything to do with waffles 😉

13. Hello this is my journals for Wednesday and Thursday
    WEDNESDAY creative:

Dogs
    Loyal comforting
    Man’s best friend
    Beautiful creation of God
    Mutt
    THURSDAY authors purpose(ch.14 Silmarillion): The purpose of chapter 14 is to tell or create in the readers mind the image of Bereriand.

14. *annmarie i like waffles
    * peace out fellow gterers
    creative
    Every Holiday Has a Question and a Reply
    What will you be for halloween?
    “I don’t know,” they reply.
    What do you want for Christmas?
    “I don’t know,” they reply.
    How much candy will you get for Easter?
    “I don’t know,” they reply.
    SOMEBODY GIVE ME AN ANSWER!!!!!!

*MISSED BLOG*
    Halloween
    H- horrible teeth after candy
    A- anybody a doctor?
    L- lollipops? 48
    L- losing control! more candy!
    O- only i ate 49 jolly ranchers
    W- watch out Sally’s on a sugar high!!!
    E- endless line of wrappers down the hall
    E- eleven king sized hershey bars
    N- NO MORE!!!!!
    =O ———– Puking smiley face 🙂

15. mon- i have started on the goblet of fire. in the begging harry is at his uncles house. he wakes up from a “dream” and his scar is hurting. he decides to write sirius and tell him about it and then he goes back to sleep.

tues- the next day harry gets a letter from ron about the quidditch cup. harry convinces his uncle to let him go to it. so the day that the weasleys show up the family wears thier best cloths. when the weasleys break down the fireplace mr dursley freaks out.

weds- the weasleys take harry and when they dont say goodbye to harry mr weasley gets mad. then mr weasley tells harry to go thru the fire and shortly afterwards mr weasly follows.

thurs- when they get to the place where the quidditch cup is harry and the weasleys go to thier camping spot. they set up thier tent and on the inside then tent is like a real house. they cook breakfast and everybody goes to look around at all the things that are for sale.

16. YES I LIKE WAFFLES!! Alright here come the Thursday night 10:30 blogs from me. I want to go to sleep so here it is. I’m reading Harry Potter(for the second time) and I totally forgot how awesome it was. I finally looked down at the pg. # one day and realized I just had read 100 pgs. It is truly an awesome book.

17. Its amazing how well J.K. Rowling keeps you involved in the book and gets you to want to keep reading. You want sooooo desperatly to know what happens next and when they succeed you feel like.running around the room screaming “WOO HOO”!

18. Her choice of character is amazing. It’s not one of those books where some people secretly are rooting for the bad guys. You hate the bad guys and love the good guys. It’s like the words are hypnotic. They get you to do whatever or think what ever she wants you to think.

19. The worst part is finishing the books because there’s no more of the tha magic words that have enchanted your brain for 7 books. There is no other book with as much excitement and balance of description and action. Goodnight everybody. 🙂

20. Creative Bob and His Motorcycle

Bob bought a motorcycle he loved it more than any thing in the world. One day he wrecked it and he was heart broken so he fixed and promised to the motorcycle he would never wreck it again. Then he wrecked it so he left the motorcycle and never bought another one until every day one drove by him and he was forced to. He got one and had it for 20 years. Then it got wrecked but this time it would be the last Bob was paralized. Now he had to have peaple to drive him around and 26 years later Bob died at 96 years old And some people said he rode a motorcycle to heaven

21. Ok, some 1st block GTers told me that Mr.Mayfield said a poem and I was involved. This is what I know:
    Mr.Mayfield made it up
    Someone says “OMG I need to update my blog”
    It involves march of the dead
    YAAAAAAY!!! KK, 6th grade boy blog comin’ up!
    bob burgerton Says:
    creative
    spungebub ran ovur t osandys treedome and played karatey
    bob burgerton Says:
    chili is guuod

22. spounge bob marriued sandy but s it was just a play so krabby paturys won the contest

Haha! This is the other half of my blog, accidentally clicked submit, I needed some chili. (Olivia makes awesome chili it is so good!)

23. Ok, only ONE more person said “yes I like waffles” , which would be Caleb.

“but mr. Mafield I can draw a unicorn with waff………
    ” WAFFLES!!!!!”
    “SHUT UP ANNMARIE!!!!!”
    ^
    Haha can’t stop LAUGHING!!!
    More fav’s:
    “mr.mafield do you want to see the unicorn I drew!?!?”
    NO, joesph

Mr. Mafield can you tell me why I got a 9 out of 10 on this test so I can fix it and get an 100 like always cause I’m so used to it
    No Will Morris your fine

Mr. Mafield can I use the macanical pencil shaperner cause the electric one scares me
    No Camden

Mr. Mafield, can I go to the bathroom now
    Yes Shelby, it been 5 minutes

OH NOOOOO MY BLOG!!!! MUST DO MY BLOG!!!
    Anna your fine, no one actually read those anyway

Ok I really LOVED the whole story he wrote but I REALLY want a copy of it!!!!
    Explanations of the jokes cause most the ones I pointed out were 5th block
    1. I talk about waffles a lot
    2. Joesph draws a lot
    3. Will DOES get good grades
    4. Camden hates the sound the electric pencil sharpener makes
    5. Shelby peel always asked to go to the bathroom
    6. Anna ( plus me but mr. Mayfield had already make fun of me) makes sure her blogs are PERFECT!

What I DON’T get is that you didn’t make fun of Caleb! That’s just NOT fiar, he’s just as weird and crazy as US!!!! Probably even more
    Haha bye peoples
    Love the story mr. Mayfield!
    I DO get MY story back RIGHT!?!?!? Cause if not your gonna have I pry it out of my cold dead hands!!! Just kidding, but I AM making sure I get my paper back.

24. Ok I am doubling up, again, here we go.

WEDNESDAY creative:

As your heart goes on you look around you looking at all the people who do not care about any thing and are full of darkness.

On the other end the kids walk around filled with a light and are dividing their lives to God.

Which one would you rather want to be?

THURSDAY taking a point of view from another character:

The men that came from the west, are ready to fit into their part in the Silmarillion; but they have no idea what they are in for. I think from their point of view they are very eager to get involved into well, everything. But when they see the terror that came upon Middle Earth they probably thought or wished they never would have been created.

25. Last blog of the week

Creative writing- On the last day of my sentencing I just had to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It’s just my luck that when a fight, that turned out to be a murder, happened I got sucked into it. All of a sudden my cellmate came running by me with a bloody nose. I look behind him to see why and I see Rock, the biggest, scariest man alive. In order to protect my friend, i got in his way. He trucked over me like I wasn’t even there and continued his chase. My friend turned around and out of nowhere hit him right in the face. Rock hardly noticed it and proceeded to knee him in the gut. My friend almost went down because of the blow and I had to help him so I hit Rock on the back of the neck. My blow was devastating and Rock went down to his knees. That’s when my friend hit him in the head with a dumbbell. That’s all for this week.

Trent