the death valley quiet of lsu fans has descended upon my blog as well…

so happy blog week to the three of you remaining:)

and to the rest, happy nanowrimo-ing:)

“lady bird johnson: an oral history” by gillette – LBJ’s wife did a serious of interviews at various points post-presidency – so this is pretty much her words about her life – and it was fascinating – she was born around the time of my grandfather so there was a lot she spoke of that made me think of him – of course, there’s a ton to appreciate from the historical view as well – but excellent life account of an important female when there weren’t that many

“who could that be at this hour?” by snickett – more word play, i think, than in the original “unfortunate events” – snickett goes back to when he was getting started and an initial mystery he worked on – i anticipate the start of a 40-book series in my wildest hopes:)

“clear and simple as the truth, 2nd edition” – apparently, there’s a classic writing style, apparently, english writers don’t use it (the french do) and apparently, it can’t be taught, but it’s not that hard – except when it involves deep thinking – which is done beforehand:) anyway, humor aside, the book was important to be if for nothing else than at the beginning – the author’s talked about how ridiculous it is to spend a lifetime on technique when great artists draw/paint from something else – so to think that you become “excellent” at writing from doing drills, well, that’s just crazy (or crasy:)

i saw a rainbow – both ends – this morning while running – does that mean something??? the ends of both were too far to run to for gold – but i hope your week is golden (not that lsu kind of gold – it tends to fade after a while:)

mafeld

17 thoughts on “the death valley quiet of lsu fans has descended upon my blog as well…”

1. As Lucy walked the halls she was approached by a new girl who was kicked out of her last school for being arrested with being arrested (don’t worry why though). Now there she is right in front of an innocent girl and stood there with a blank stare. The blank stare was just like looking in the eyes of a bear when it sees its prey and has gotten ready to strike.
    Lucy said, “What do you want?”
    She replied as students surround them, “EXCUSE YOU?”
    “This was going to be bad”, one student said from the crowd.
    “JUST LET ME GO TO CLASS!!!” Lucy said as she tried to get around her.
    Just then Lucy was thrown at the wall and like any other person would she got up and fought back. The principle was out sick and the assistant principals’ office was far away so the fight had a long way till it was over. Hair was ripped and thrown on the floor the sound of a slap to the face and students encouraging the fight rang through the halls. But just in time for Lucy to get a bloody nose and a black eye the principle showed up and broke up the fight.
    Later that day Lucy gets called into the assistant principals’ office to defend her side of the story and sure enough the truth was stretched to help out Susan the girl who started the fight. The stories they told was Lucy came up from behind her and pushed her down. But yet again she was the only one to tell the truth and not lie.
    “How exactly did this happen?” the principle asked with a frown.
    “Well I was just walking down the halls and she comes up to me and stares at me I try to go around and she throws me into a wall so I defend myself.” Lucy said with encouragement.
    “Okay the stories I have heard say that you pushed her in the back?” He asked.
    “The school has cameras right?” Lucy asked with relief.
    “Yes good idea lets watch the tape for the true story” He said while he signaled her to go up to the office with him.
    They watch the tapes and see all what happened and like Lucy said she didn’t start it and was telling the truth that Susan isn’t needed at the school. But they both get suspended for one week since they both punched back.
    The day they got back to school Lucy makes some friends that would’ve been on her side of the story if he had asked them what happened and for Susan she was laughed at and made fun of because she couldn’t pick on somebody her size and she had to make fun of little Lucy. Lucy makes the basketball team that very next year and gets a starting position at shooting guard.
    As the starting pointgaurd approaches her he said “hey” and winked and walked off
    The next day at school he sees her and they talked till they were both late for class and they said they wanted to talk more after school. They meet up and sit and talk and have lunch as she was about to leave she gives him her number they text all night and end up going out and finishing high school and go to the same collage. Later on in life they get married and have a kid named John. But Lucy knows there is a problem coming up the high school reunion. Susan was there and approaches her slowly.
    Scared Lucy says “Hey”
    “How have the years passed?” she said with a smile on her face.
    “Good, You?” she said stunned by her nice voice.
    “Pretty good including the fact you made me the laughing stock of this school.” She said looking scarier than ever… to be continued

2. the book i am reading is chasing lincolns killer and at the first few pages it talks about who he is and how he got shot and killed what he used to be doing before in office it lets you know a little about him so and just to tell you this is my second time reading this book. so that is the book i have started reading if you start reading good luck but that is what i got out of the first few pages so that is it.

3. well i went to work at waffle town and i was a waffle so i thought i was going to get eaten but everyone else was a waffle.

4. So I don’t want you to miss out on getting blogs from your favorite student. So not only am I doing nanowrimo.. I am ALSO Blogging. Because I am an overachiever who loves you very much.

Right now I am reading this book called “The Diviners”

It’s written by the author Libba Bray and let me tell you, she is awesome. I have read several books by her before and I am constanly impressed with the way she writes and how wonderfully she tells stories and expresses herself.

She writes books for “young adults.” But I honestly think that adults would be able to appreciate the way she writes a lot more than the average teenager would be able to.

All of the books that she has written take place in the 1800’s. She is very descriptive in the way that she writes so she really does take you to where she is.

In “The Diviners” she tells multiple stories at one time and all the stories weave together somehow.

She adds a touch of supernatural stuff which is probably more of what entertains the teenagers.

In the book, the first chapter talks about this girl named Evie who is like a flapper and people look down upon her.

She goes to a party and embarasses herself and her family and they ship her off to New York where she encounters a bunch of weird supernatural stuff.

I haven’t gotten very far but that’s basically all that has happened.

I enjoy the book so far though.

-Julie

5. i’m half way finished with pendragon.I finally realized this is the boring part of the series because they are not fighting no one that much in this book.this is what i read so far they are being attacked by raiders and they threaten to destroy there home .they come up with a plan to disarm the the ship by jamming up the engine.i will see what happens tomorrow.

6. so i am still reading the book chasing lincolns killer it is a great book were i am now in the book is where john wilkes booth the person who assassinated lincoln as we all know. in the book though i am where Booth and some other people plan on how and where they are planning on killing lincoln at first they heard that he was going to go to fords theater they set up there in the road and they were waiting i stopped there i will tell you more later after i get done reading more see you.

7. I am readind You Wish by Jason Lethcoe
    Monday
    S- The speaker is a third person narrator
    O- Ben wished for unlimited wishes
    A- The audience is meant to be teenagers who like fantasy and magic
    P- The author’s purpose was to write a book about an orphaned boy in a bad orphanage who now gets whatever he wants
    S- Candlewick is trying to make Ben tell that he wished for unlimited wishes to reverse it
    T- The tone right now is cheerful and playful because Ben is getting O whatever he wants for the first time in his life
    N
    E

Tuesday- The author’s purpose for writing this story was to show how a young orphan who’s birthday wish comes true and is happy for the first time since his parents died. It also was to write about how a newly-elected company leader is trying to get Ben to admit that he made the wish so that the wish would be canceled. In this book there is a certain way you must make birthday wishes for them to come true. Wishworks is a company that is responsible for making the wishes come true but kids are only allowed one birthday wish per year or it takes the other wishes from someone else.

Trent

8. creative

while playing in the basement of his house, Carl notice something in the ceiling.he saw something glowing in a small hole.he realized it was a diamond and gold necklace. he reached up to grab it and the ceiling crashed on top of him.when he looked up he saw millions of dollars in gold.he went to the bank and they told him this is all stolen.they called the cops and they showed up to arrest him.he told him and that he found them in the ceiling of his house.they didn’t believe him so he was put in the cell.

9. After the raiders attack the city, pendragon and spader plan worked.They jammed the engine and the warriors on top destroyed the ship. Pendragon then got a surprise.He saw some raiders coming after him,they were on water sleds and coming in fast.He and spader ran for the flume.When they got there they traveled to Zadaa .Now they have to find Loor.

10. Have a game tomorrow so I’m doing Wednesday and Thursday’s journal.

\Wednesday- Candlewick talked to Ben but Ben figured out that there was something going on. Ben didn’t tell anyone what he had wished for even though Candlewick never actually asked him. The whole time this is happening, Mr. Snifflewiffle, Candlewick’s step dad, Simon’s dad, and the president of Wishworks, is retiring. He is going to give either Simon, Candlewick’s evil step brother, or Candlewick the job. Candlewick got it and Simon doesn’t like it. Simon has turned to the dark side. He took Ben’s wishball, which can control someone’s wish used properly, to Thornblood, Cursework’s leader, and has been turned into an evil half-spider-half-monkey literal spider monkey. Ben’s wishes have suddenly stopped working.

Thursday- Creative- I was at the movie theater watching Spiderman when all of a sudden he came crashing through the screen. He grabbed me and told me that I was the worst villain he had ever seen. I grabbed the movie projector and temporarily blinded him with it. He dropped me and I landed on my back in a chair. It knocked the wind out of me but I ran anyways. He chased me to the arcade room where I ducked under the air-hockey table. He lifted it up and threw it. Then he chased me into a theater with Breaking Dawn playing. I looked up to see someone with their shirt off and fangs. Spiderman was right on my tail so I jumped at the movie screen to see if I could pass through it like he did. To my amazement, it gave like water to me coming into it. I was safe for now but I was in a completely parallel universe where I knew nobody and had no allies.

trent

11. so i am now where booth has went in fords theaterwith his gun and his knife preparing to kill lincoln as he walks in it takes about 2 hours for the play to start and it actually did before Booth or lincoln went to watch it but Booth was still on time and had enough time to kill lincoln so lincoln showws up with guests and so he walks up to his booth so he does and Booth after mayber 25 minutes walks up there and itsurprises him that nobody is at the door and so he looksaround in the booth sees lincoln and leaves and after he leaves he listens to what the actors are saying while they are on stage because he knows when he should assassinate the president that is all i got to i will read more and tell you a bit more about it later.

12. alright so ireada bit more and i have gotten to where when he listens to the play he is going to attack hi when one of the actors say something that causes the audience to laugh in which Booth hopes the laughter will cause enough noiseso that when he fires his gun at the president it will not be noticed as much so it finally gets to the part and Booth is about to make his move so he walks in nobody notices him and then all of a suuden POW!!! the gun goes off and lincoln goes bye bye and yes it is a little depresing but any ways after that booth gets up runs off while people are still wondering what happen and then you here a woman scream ou stop that man nobody stops him he runs off and then it moves on to chapter 3 so that is about it so see ya.

13. i havent had a lot of tme to write this week because ive been soo busy so im going to blog tonight and wright over the weekend.

mon- Percy is very happy that he is finnally reunited with annabeth. in his adventures he has made tons of new friends but he want more than anything to be reunited with his girlfriend.. and when her new friend leo tries to blow up the roman camp he isnt to happy about it. he climbs on the ship with her and they run away from the camp.

tues- when they get on the ship thay ask leo why he fired on the roman camp. they later find out that he was possesed by an eiodolon. this girl later on makes them go away. they start thier journey to rome so that the romans wont follow them. apparently no roman demigod would dare to go to rome. they need to find the mark of athena.

weds- Percy has to help annabeth find out what the mark of athena is and if she is the chosen one. i think that she is the chosen one because athena tells annabeth to avenge her and she gave her some kind of silver drachmah with athenas symbol, the eagle on it. on the way to rome thought they have to make a couple of stops.

thurs- the first stop that they take is to meuseum in atlanta. they meetan old sea god who has alot of wierd pets. they manage to get some very important information out of him. then he traps them and percy manages to get them to escape.then they head to fort sumpter.

14. WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPP (special long intro for all the peeps who aint nonawrimo-ing) AND YES, AINT IS A WORD BECAUSE U CAN SPELL IT AND USE IT IN A SCENTENCE!!!!!!!

Anyway, i’m reading a book called “return with honor” and its really interesting. The book is a story of a pilot in the U.S. air force. He is shot down on a patrol mission. (says the back of the book) 🙂 I havent got to that far yet. What i have read so far is obsviously what i am blogging about.
    So far all that has happened is sortof boring. Scott has decided to go on a patrol as a wingman instead of hanging back at the base. His commanding officer gave him the choice. Scott hadnt flown in a while and felt the need to brush up on his skills. He went through briefing, and pre flight procedures and took off.

Thats as far as ive got so far.
    WORD UP HOMIES

15. after they went to Zadaa they found loor.when they found her she was playing in a tournament,she was training to become a better warrior.the goal of the game was to knock off the spikes out of the opponent before they knock yours off.Loors teammates too some blows to the face and most of them got all of there spikes knocked off.When they were finished Loors team wins with a landslide. Loor came and talked to them,she told spader about what being a traveler means.she then says good bye and gos back to the tournament.then pendragon and spader travle back to cloral.

16. i am now at chapter 3 and in chapter 3 it talks about how booth and his allies are planning on killing the secretary of the state but it also says in the book that he is very sick and he needs somebody watching over him 24/7 just to make sure nothing goes wrong oh and the thing is this was Booth’s plan but he will not be the person killing him and all i know about the guy who is killing the secretary is that his last name is Powell but that is what all i got from chapter three oh ya and i forgot to tell you this but Powell does end up killing the secretary but that is all i was going to tell you and i sure do hop Booth or any other people with booth or for that matter anybody at all does not attempt or kill anybodyelse in a type of offic gor our country or our state so that is all i was going to tell you so see ya

17. Whatup?! (look at me trying to be all hip and stuff(not that I need to try))
    So, here’s the deal. I am in eigth grade and am just getting used to this so, I am still going to turn in journals (except for this month cause I am doing Nanowroimo) but I am also going to blog bcause people can get a little crazy and I want to join the party.