burning a trail through the freezing grounds this time of year…

so, yes, what’s that??? the sound of joy and laughter as you approach your return to school??? 🙂

hope it won’t be too bad – maybe even as good as…

“every good endeavor” by keller and leary – wonderful book – great material for the classroom on a proper perspective of work and how it relates to what we do – and as the book reminded me, reminded us:) we can’t sit around and do nothin’ all day – even the people that do this (nursing home) hate it

“tween crayons…” and something else – i forget – anyway, a book on how to teach middle school kids – i know, you’d think i would’ve tried to read a book like this before now – in my defense, it was a newer book so it took a while before i got it – best part??? the author pointed out that some middle school kids act like they still go home and play with toys – and some act like they go home and plan out their retirement funds – in other words, there’s a huge gap amongst the crowd of maturity – i think it will be fun for us to write about whether there’s more little kid or grown-up in us at this present time

i also read the preview material from the paper about the iron bowl – although, i only read the alabama things – life is too short to read about anyone else’s team – and so when dad asked who AU’s quarterback was – when the tigers started rotating – yes, at that moment – while i was well into my prepared speech about who the third-string defensive linement were that were playing, i had no clue that the frazier kid was still at auburn – oops:)

finally, i spent most of the holiday pondering the lyrics of the latest one direction album – my help as i brave very chilly mornings on a long run – i’ve decided that if i were to SCAMPER the lyrics, you could substitute all the words about women/girls and insert a sporting team – which in britain would be football and would be colllege football here – however, that substitution isn’t a perfect fit b/c you can always get over women/girls – there are plenty of them – but a sports team – you just can’t swap them in for a newer model or trade for a better team – no, you have to sit through the ups and downs with them – it’s such a heavy burden – perhaps my second favorite boy band ever will explore this theme more deeply in a third album:)

happy last week of novemember,
mafeld

20 thoughts on “burning a trail through the freezing grounds this time of year…”

1. bobby has been taking capture by saint dane’s men.they taking him while they were looking for press.they took him to a submarine which had very little technology.that is because they have the water based knowledge to have all that with very little gear .the raiders took them to saint Dane.saint dane told him that he has won.i’ll see what happens tomorrow

2. first person to blog

I finished You Wish so now I am reading Eldest by Christopher Paolini. This is the second book in the Inheritance series. This book picks up right where Eragon, the first book, left off. They Varden has just beaten the Urgals in an attempt to take over the Varden. Ajihad went into the dwarf tunnels to chase down any Urgals that escaped from the troops on the battlefield. Right when he came out the Urgals that were still left in the tunnels surprise-attacked him. He took down five before one killed him. Since he was the leader of the Varden when he died he left a big hole to fill. The council of elders is trying to find someone to replace him and Eragon thinks that they are going to pick his daughter since she didn’t leave with the other women and children when the battle started. Eragon supports this because he didn’t want to take on more responsibility.

Trent

3. I am going to do a SCAMPER on the sentence, I jumped from the top of the car.
    S/substitute,bob jumped from the top of the car.
    C/combine,i jumped from the top of the car,and hurt my leg.
    A/adapt,(doctors)they an put what would have caused the injury.
    M/modify,I jumped through the window of the car.
    P/put to other uses,can be used with stunt men.
    E/eliminate.I jumped from the car.
    R/reverse,The car jumped from the top of me.

4. We won 48-42

The authors purpose for writing Eldest was to tell a story about how Eragon plans to defeat the empire. Christopher Paolini also wrote this book to show how Eragon advances his skill and knowledge to bring down the King. Eragon is leaving with Arya and Ordin for the land of the elves so that they can teach him more magic and train him to be a warrior. They are going there because elves know the most about dragons and Riders. Eragon has now sworn himself to the dwarf king so that he doesn’t make enemies and so that he has an elf leader, a human leader, and a dwarf leader. Saphira fears that if he swears himself to too many people then he won’t be able to do anything without braking tradition. I predict that they will get attacked on thier way to the elves but they will make it safely,

Trent

5. so i know it has taking been taking me a while to read this book but what i did this weekend is i started over and started to the begining of the book and read from there so i may be able to understand what the book is talking about a bit better so anyways i actually caught up a bit further than i waas before i reread and so i am just going to tell u from there so i am where both the secretary and the president are assasinated there has been a big conflict in between the 2 because some people just heard the the secretary has been assasinated and they did not hear the president was assasinated so they would argue over which assasination was true and what the did not know is that both candidates were assasinated.

6. alright so i read some more of the book and let me remind you that both president and secretary have been killed so anyways i am where booth and howard the 2 killers were not wanting to brag about what they did but they were more than happy about what they did in which i hate that because then they think well now we can go off and killl some more inasint people just to make us fill good about our selfs so that is what kind of maid me mad so that waas pretty much it again this book to me in my opinion is a great book and i will tell you more about this book next time i blog and yes i know this is a short blog but iam just trying to fill my self in because i was out monday so that is it and i will tell you more next time i blog.

7. HELLUR!!! (reference to madea)

Well, a fresh week, that terrible feeling of waking up only to be tired again. Anyway DID YALL SEE THE BEAT DOWN IN T TOWN??? who am i kidding, of course everyone watched that. However, auburn fans cant tell you hardly anything because the first quarter was enough for them RRRROOOOLLLL TTTIIIDDDEE RRROOOLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyways, still reading return with honor. I take so long to read a book. What with all the parties and late night clubs i go to. But anyways, there were about two chapters about Scott O’Grady getting into the air force. (the boring stuff) Then i finally got to the start of his evasion. Scott sucsesfully landed his parachute. Next, he cut through some tall grass and into the woods. He tried to radio his partner by using his call sign of “Basher Five two” Scott got no response and had to hide for a long time. He heard multiple footsteps and gunshots as the day went on. When it finally rached midnight he decided to get moving. He stood up quietly, cut off his underwear, which he peed all over out of fear. then he got rid of any unneccesarry gear and went on his way. He didn’t get far until he found a new hiding spot to try to send in his position by GPS, it took about half an hour but he finally got his location

GOOD NIGHT AND ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. SOMETIMES YOU JUST LIKE TO TYPE IN CAPS JUST TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU ARE YELLING FOR NO GOOD REASON (unless you are an alabama fan) 🙂

9. Wednesday and Thursdays blogs today.

Wednesday
    S- The speakers in Eldest are Eragaon and Roran in third person.
    O- The Ra’zac are attacking Roran and thier home town.
    A- The intended audience for Eldest is kids ages 10 to 16 that like fantasy and magic.
    P- Christopher Paolini’s purpose for writing Eldest was to entertain with a story about losing people close to you and rebelling against your leaders
    S- Eragon is on his way to the elf land to train in magic
    T- The tone is mournful because people are dying to protect their land
    O
    N
    E

Thursday-Creative- Being on the run in the Appalachian Mountains is possibly one of the hardest things that I have done in my life. After my daughter was kidnapped and I rescued her the cops started chasing me because I went after the kidnappers for revenge and I succeeded. That put me on the run because what I did was illegal but fair. On my way out into the woods I passed a moonshine still that looked abandoned. The worm was missing so it was probably old. I brought a .270 with me for protection and to hunt. I have a connection in Florida that can get me to Russia but I have to wait three months. It should take me about that long to get there if I take my time not to get caught and stay out of big cities. I found a rock outcropping that will make my shelter for tonight and tomorrow.

Trent

10. bobby and spader escape the submarine with the help of yenza. when the battle started bobby and spader ran for the hauler so they can escape before the sub sinks.when they get into the hauler they travel down to the faar ruins to look for survivors,they get to faar and began to search.they find the door to the hanger and open it up.what they saw inside shocked them,everyone was alive,including uncle press.bobby and press have a little reunion and then they tell him everything that has happened.

11. The rap game is amazing hahahahaha hah gabe did great;) I hope we play that again. But anyways I will blog fOr twenty minutes on creative.. John walks down the hall talking to himself because he has no friends and John goes home everyday and has a normal life of a superhero tht everybody likes. He can’t tell anybody that he’s that superhero because he would not be able to be shown as him anymore. But he looks nothing like a superhero he’s not strong hes short and small. He is a completely different person as a super hero. He presses “lb, rb, lt, rt, x, a, b” [also Xbox controlls] he is the best player in the entire game of call of duty modern warfare 17. He has anything that everybody wants. He plays all day when he’s at home and makes fun of all the people he plays actin like he knows them. He has one strange addiction to Xbox but he is good at it. All people do is look in envy at how good “leroy2343” is at Xbox live matches. But poor John gets picked on at school every day. He tries to avoid the popular kids but they get him at the end of the day and try to beat him up and as he gets on the buss people trip him and call him but lil ole John will get you back in Xbox games

12. Monday-SOAPSTONE-11/26/12- Rush For The Gold
    Speaker- author
    Occasion- Olympic trials
    Audience- teens
    Purpose- to entertain
    Subject- Susan Carol swims. It is like her life. She is such a good swimmer she has made it to the Olympic trials and has met Michel Phelps.
    Tone- cheerful

Tuesday- Author’s Purpose- 11/27/12- Rush For The Gold
    The author’s purpose in this book is to entertain. In this book ( which is completely fiction ) Susan Carol a Olympic worthy swimmer is at the Olympic trials. She had just met Michel Phelps! She has such a passion for swimming. The way you can tell the author has written this as fiction is that the book is written it where Susan Carol has a souther charm. But where he can the author interjects. And yes Sarah Head she has a boyfriend! And yes Sarah Head they kiss.

Wednesday-Point of View-11/28/12- Rush for the Gold
    So the book is written where the author is speaking about Susan Carol. So I will be taking the point of view Susan Carol ( by the way she is southern). Oh my gosh! I am really in the Olympic trials like really! I just saw Stevie my absolutely amazing boyfriend. And to top off my day I walked past Michel Phelps where he recognized me!!!
    He told me that he felt old and then I was like your only twenty six. And he was like nearly twenty seven you call me if you’re still swimming when you are twenty seven and tell me if you don’t feel old. Okay so like that made my day. I carried on a real conversation with Michel phelps!!!! 🙂

Thursday- creative- 11/29/12- Rush For The Gold
    I look out my window and see a crazy sight. Cars go by. I hate my room! Why do my parents have to be so strict??? They grounded me to my room on my birthday. They said it’s just a day to them. I got so angry I threw a hot potato at my father! He got really angry with me and sent me to my room. There went any of my chances of getting a party from them. Why do I have these stupid anger issues? Well that is what my therapist called them. He said I am classified in the category of strong anger issues. Well guess what Jim I hate you too!!! My mom said that seeing Jim was helpful I see it as a waste o time and money.

13. so i am almost finished with the book chasing lincolns killer again this book is an intertaining book hopefully to most kids but anyways i am where howard and booth the killers are trying to make it to a post office down town they say and if they need help booth says this place should be good for now they just have to moving southeast and they should be in front of the news about lincoln and the secretary so him and howard stay at the post office and wait and camp there till’ day so they wake up they leave and all they can hope now is that the news is not to close to them other wise they have a better chance of getting caught because if say they ask anybody a question or anybody is familier of there faces well than they will probably be in danger but that was it i will give you another updaten about the book later.

14. BOOK:Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
    PROMPT:SOAPSTONE/Creative
    SIDE NOTES:I am going to do the rest of the Harry Potter series unless I find a new book that I like, if I do, I will finish the book I’m on, then start the new book. Also, on a different note, I will now always include the BOOK tab on all of my blogs.

Speaker-3rd Person Omniscient, J. K. Rowling.
    Occasion-Harry has discovered that Sirius Black is out to kill him (supposedly)
    Audience-Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban was written for young adults that enjoy dark stories that involve magic or other similar theories.
    Purpose-The author’s purpose to writing this is so the reader will think that Sirius Black is an enemy and that Harry is against him at first, if it jumped right in and said Sirius had escaped from prison, then said Harry was helping him, it wouldn’t make sense at all.
    Subject-The subject of this part of the book is Harry and that he is not afraid of Sirius, but more worried about everyone else’s lives.
    Tone-The tone is mostly dark, like every other Harry Potter book that comes after the second…, but one chapter was cheerful.
    O
    N
    E

Creative:

We had just had a victory at Mount Everest around August, 3726. We were fighting in World War III. I personally thanked the Chinese for their help in the battle, as they had no business to do with the war, but came to our aid anyway. I was a general in that war. I was also witness to betrayal of a country that was “allies” with America, so the other side wanted me as much as they wanted President Daniel, or as I knew him, Dan, my high-school friend.
    In The Battle of Everest, men were well armored, plasma-proof, in fact, that was the best armor seen yet in that war, so silicon plasma guns were out. The main weapon we used was nano-robots that eat what they are first fed. We fed some robots plasma-proof armor, and others human flesh. We dropped the plasma-proof armor eating robots, then the ones that ate human flesh. This proved quite effective, but gruesome and brutal, so we normally just shot the plasma gun until we destroyed their armor, then we shot them. This was less gruesome, as it boiled away all remains instantly, and less dangerous, as anyone who stepped in an area filled with flesh-eating robots was doomed, but was slow.

15. all right so i am doing a creative this week this a little new to me because i have never done this before so today i was walking down the hall way and and then all of a sudden i trip and i look down to see what i triped on and it was tiny meteor and by the way if you cannot tell already this is fiction ut anyways i see that this object that i tripped on is a meteor so i take to the science lab to professor jones and she says you have a rare type of rock and so i leave it with here and she says come back tommorrow and i will probably tell you what it is so i wake up that next morning just ready to got to school and when i do i blast to her room and when i do she tells me this is not a meteor this is just a hard piece of foam so i do not know how you would fill after that but i would fill sad going all of that way thinking i am going to be famous because of a rock and then bam out of no where it is fake so that is the time i thought when i should have thought harder and i should have looked at it a bit more closer so anyways that was it so see ya.

16. Alllrrrrighty then. Who’s read for…… “Caleb Jinrights Thursday night Blogs!?” U know u r. Haven’t blogged in FOREVER. No time, watcha gonna do? Anyways, here we go. I am reading How to be like Mike by Pat Williams.(wink wink Mr.Mafeld 😉 ) No, its not like “First, u need to be bald. Next u need to be good at basketball. Then u need to get drafted to the Chicago Bulls, etc.” Its pointing out the key parts of Michael Jordan’s career that made him great, and showing u how to obtain those attributes. It’s a great book, I’ve learned a lot. Most of it is menral things. Like focus, enjoying the game, working hard, etc. Jordan was the most focused human being on the planet. QUICK 11:11! MAKE A WISH!! He could block everything out, and have everything slow down. That’s y he was so clutch. Everything slowed down and he knew every move he needed to make b4 he shot it.

17. There was a test NBA authorities held for the players. They would flash numbers on a sceen really fast. They would call out the number they saw. Jordan called the most. Not only did this show great eyesight, but and incredible amount of concentration. It’s not like he couldnt play basketball, and all he had to do was focus, but he had talent and focus, which is what made him soo great.

18. Not only did focus make MJ successfull, but his enthusiasm was a huge part. He had such a live for the game. He always had energy. At the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, he would play cards until 6, get 2 hours of sleep, get up, play 36 holes of golf, and be the top scorer that night. At practice, in one-on-one sessions with his teammates, he would easily dunk on everybody. On a blackboard, and he had all the player’s name up on the board. He had tally marks for how many time he dunked on each player. He didn’t mean anything personal, it was just a sign of his vigor for the game.

19. Dreams are one of the biggest things in life. U can’t go anywhere without a dream. Michael Jordan created a dream in basketball by playing daily for hours with his brother, Larry. He kept playing, holding fast to that dream, and eventually, surpassed his brother, made the high school teams, and before u know it, he became the greatest basketball player ever to grace the game. Goodnight everybody. Tomorrow’s FRIDAY!!!! .:)