i can’t believe the espn guys have to bum gum…

so there i am, two minutes to go in the SEC championship game, on the bama sideline, tension great, and an (unnamed) espn anchor asks me and others around me “hey, have you got some gum?”

yes, i safely think he was the only one more worried about his breath than the game at that moment:)

“tragedy paper” – wonderful, wonderful, wonderful book – highly recommended for high school BOB next year – for high school-ers this year – for midde school (at least mine) that can deal with the fact that characters are older than they are – really enjoyed the way the book played out – some of the tropes (motifs) – comes out in january – get in line early:)

“erasing hell” by chan – book about what the Bible says as to the existence of something that lots of people choose not to believe in any more – good point in the introduction that if you do believe in hell, that should definitely affect how you relate to every one – every day

“how good do you want to be?” by nick saban – i’m sure my reading this book made the difference in the game – i probably should’ve used that as a conversation starter with him – or with his wife – or with his daughter – but i just sort of kept the awkward silence when i was around all three rather than spoil the moment by being completely stupid (for those following at home, awkward silence is stupid too:) i hadn’t read the book since ’07 so i was surprised, a bit, on the reread – he’s just more personable when you read the book – and the work does inspire if you are a fan of his program – inspiration to work hard and motivate others by putting them in situations where they can be successful – mr scott and i talked a bit late in the week about how to do this at CMS

i think we have two weeks before finals – so last chances to get in some good posts – and congrats and welcome back to my nanowrimo folk – you’ve been missed

mafeld

70 thoughts on “i can’t believe the espn guys have to bum gum…”

1. Waz up my peeps? Ok, I’m going to blog for ten minutes, but I’m going to hurry. The Heat game is crying about my absence!

So I am still reading “Through My Eyes” by:Tim Tebow. In the fifteen minutes on reading tonight-actually fifteen, but who’s counting?-Tim spoke about the decision his parents made about homeschooling him. His mom was his teacher, and only taught what curriculum she wanted to teach. His parents based their decision on a verse from the Bible,

“Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all you soul, and with all your strength. These words which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.” -Deuteronomy 6:4-7

To give an alternate ending, what would Tim be like if he went to public schools? Would he have been able to maintain a godly mind-set through school? I think God allowed this to happen for the good of Tim Tebow.

2. pendragon has his first assignment as bellhop,to deliver room service to max rose.max rose and saint are working together to cause problems.saint dane sent max rose a letter saying,

April 9,1937
    Dear Mr. Rose:
    This letter is to confirm our agreement that the initial payments due to you for services rendered will be arriving in the U.S. via LZ-129 on may 6 of this year and will be available to you immediately.Form and amount of payment is as previously agreed upon.I trust this will be satisfactory and look forward to a long and successful partnership.
    Sincerely,
    Ludwig zell

After pendragon read the letter he realized something, saint dane was a Nazi. He also realized what he was doing saint dane was planing to star world war 2.I’ll read much more and tell you what happens next week☺

3. Mr. Maf, I have NO idea if you were talking to me when you said “knock yourself out” but I’m going to do the 12 days of GT anyway. Ok, I didn’t get to read today so I’ll have to do another terrible poem (sorry) P.S. I am doing this blog on my computer which doesn’t have auto-correct, but I’m trying to not make any type-os.

~Anyone~

If you could be anyone,
    it wouldn’t be you.
    If you could have any life in the world,
    you wouldn’t pick yours.
    If you could go back and start over,
    you differently would.
    You hate yourself,
    but love others.
    If your could be anyone,
    it wouldn’t be you.

^
    Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

Haha Anna, its ok you can take my thing were I say something after the poem that like ruins it. Its hard not to want your blogs to be like my awesome blogs.

I’m just gonna put the 12 days of GT now. I’ll put what it would be if your saying the last verse. (Going from 12 dpwn) (5th block)

12 long blogs from Anna
    11 Pennington jokes
    10 Emily cussings
    9 Juddson bumps
    8 Miss-spelled words
    7 Joseph leavings
    6 Shelby bathroom breaks
    5 PROMETS A DAYYYYY
    4 Maf jokes
    3 Camden pencil accidents
    2 AnnMarue interuptions
    and a waffle song sang by GT!!!!!

^
    It’s not that good but, I bet if 5th block did it together it would be better, but more people voted for the Calvin anf Hobbs comics.

Bye Peeps!!!
    I actually think I didn’t make a type-o!!!!

4. hi 🙂
    creative

Black Friday
    everywhere you look
    angry shoppers, just like crooks.
    Oh no! It’s Grandma with a purse
    whatch out or you’ll be in a hurse.
    You run away in time to see
    the thing you wanted badly.
    You take a lunge,
    take a punch.
    Just in time to get that doll,
    and see it isn’t the right one at all.

5. Hey mr mayfield I just got done with y game I will do a fifteen minute blog and I won my game had three fouls but I was being aggressive I think that the sec auburn book is great because it shows at the beginning auburn players in the nfl is important to the author because it shows you that most auburn fans what team they are on and to support them through the tough times like auburns tough year we stuck through it. It also shows the stats of the players and the rosters I think the author include that because he wants to show where the players went wrong and how to fix it the next year. Most people think that it was all the quarterbacks fault but mostly it was the O line and then it goes to lack of wing able to catch the ball and keep moving the chains well I’m Ganna go see ya

6. This week I read The Wave,a really good book about a classroom in Palo Alto,California were a history professor starts a project that turns into a movement called The Wave were their motto’s are “Strength Through Discipline, Strength Through Community, Strength Through Action”. This “movement” governs the whole school and soon Laurie Sanders,a member of The Wave, notices that this is not good, and she tries to convice everybody that its not but at first she keeps it a secret. then some anonymous person sends a note to the staff of The Gordon Grapevine (the school newspaper) and she publicizes this note and her pov and every one gets mad and stuff. This causes some problems with The Wave movement and they get mad.Then,a kid gets beat up because he was foreign.

Then Laurie tells David and he throws her to the ground,then he realizes what he has done to her and then they run to Mr.Ross’s house and they tell him and he completely agrees with them.The next day at school Mr.Ross does the complete opposite of what they planned but he tells Laurie and David to trust him.Then he tells them that there are schools all over the U.S that are doing The Wave and that the National Wave Leader will be talking to them over a giant projector screen.The screen is blank and then on a different screen a picture of Adolf Hitler is on the screen and everybody has realized what they have been doing.

And remember MERRY CHRISTMA CHAROL!!!!

7. Monday- SOAPSTONE- Heist Society
    Speaker- author
    Occasion- Kat’s planning a major con.
    Audience- teens
    Purpose- to entertain
    Subject- After Kat’s dad gets accused of stealing something he didn’t steal she has to steal the paintings in order to clear his name. With her uncles help she can pull it off.
    Tone- Adventurous

Tuesday- authors purpose- Heist Society
    The authors purpose of this book is to entertain. It is simply a book to entertain because she has written this book where Kat the main character is a thief. She is a also a con person and her dad does the same hong. So when Arturo Cattone accuses her father of stealing his paintings she take it upon herself to go to her uncle and find out who has them so she can steal them back. She has two to complete this task.

Wednesday- alternate ending- Heist Society
    So at the part I’m at Arturo Cattone had driven Kat to the airport where she flew to Hale her best friend’s house and then went uncle Eddies house.
    “Let me go” gargled Kat
    ” Now Now Katrina lets not get so fiesty!”
    “I’m not telling you anything”
    ” Fine with me. We can stay here all day. Just tell me where my paintings are and I’ll let you go” said Cattone
    ” I have absolutely no clue where they are at. But I can tell you my father does not have them.”
    ” okay but I still don’t believe you.” Said Cattone

Thursday- Creative- Heist Society
    I am sitting here on this raft in the middle of the river waiting for my teammates to come and rescue me. Why did my mom have to cart me off to this summer camp? Why did I volunteer to be the raft man? This summer camp has nothing to do and we’re stuck in the middle of the woods. I hate it here! Why don’t we just do something fun but nooooo my mother says I need to have friends my own age and if I hang around her to long I will go crazy. Which is probably true! But I have friends why can’t they come over for the summer? Oh yeah they’re at summer camp to. JUST. LIKE. ME.

8. alright so i am reading the book Diary of a wimpy kid Roderick rules so anyways in this book of course there is always something going on so the summer before school started gregs dad always thought that greg was going to become one of the greatest swimmers in the world so what does he do he joins the swim team now greg does not want to at all he says i could be doing something at least a bit more interesting like playing with rowley but anyways in his first swim race one thing he did not know was that when the person with gun shoots the gun in the air that ment go but not only did he not know that but he did not know the gun didn’t shoot real bullets so every tme the gun would go off he would jump into the water he would not swim and he would go straight to the bottom because he was scared and he did not know where the bullet was going to land so that was pretty much his summer and what he did so that is it.

9. alright so i am reading the book Diary of a wimpy kid Roderick rules so anyways in this book of course there is always something going on so the summer before school started gregs dad always thought that greg was going to become one of the greatest swimmers in the world so what does he do he joins the swim team now greg does not want to at all he says i could be doing something at least a bit more interesting like playing with rowley but anyways in his first swim race one thing he did not know was that when the person with gun shoots the gun in the air that ment go but not only did he not know that but he did not know the gun didn’t shoot real bullets so every tme the gun would go off he would jump into the water he would not swim and he would go straight to the bottom because he was scared and he did not know where the bullet was going to land so that was pretty much his summer.

10. Well, since i have no annoying cheesey names or annoyingly cheesy intors i will ask mr. maf a question.
    MR. MAF, DO GARY DANEILSON AND VERN LUNDQUIST ANNOY YOU TO? WHENEVER I WATCH A BAMA GAME ON CBS I JUST TURN OF THE TV VOLUME AND LISTEN TO THE RADIO (and tolerate eli gold) BECAUSE GARY AND VERN ARE SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, finaly finished return with honor and the very tsil end was him responding to questions and all that

good book

11. so i read some more of the book and now it talks about this kids name i forgot his name but i know the first letter of his first name was p and the first letter of his last name was u so most students would call him P.U. because that was something that the students could make up about his name oh yea and rowley every year ge goes some plce for vacation but this year he went to south america and so everytime he gets bach from where ever he came from he acts like it for exampe he saw this cowboy guy there and so he started acting like him and there was this new pop singer that he liked that nobody has even heard of and rowley says he would literally die to meet him so that is a liittle bit about rowley and i will tell you more about this book my next blog.

12. mon- after the gang defeated the shrimp monster and were heading safely to rome, they decided to take shifts. jason gets the first shift while they are flying since he is the son of zues. then he wakes up percy and percy takes a shift while they float. eventually they make it to the medditerainian sea. there they meet hercules.

tues- they srew decides to send jason and piper to go meet him. when they reach him they tell them about thier quest and how hera sent them. he says that he has to give them a quest in order to enter the medditeranian.since he hates hera he gives them a hard quest. he sends them to go after a river god and capture his horn from him. piper and jason agree and hercules says that they have to bring it back before sundown or else he will kill thier friends

weds- piper and jason head towards the river gods territory and jason starts reading about him. him and hercules got into a fight over a woman and then hercules stole the mans horn. now he only has one horn. hercules used the horn to make the first cornicopia. later on the same woman that they fought over ended up being tricked into killing hercules.

thurs- once they reach the river bank they feel the water pulling them in. then piper screams stop it and the river god appears. he appologizes and says that it is a habbit. he asks them what they are doing in his territory and they say that they are on a quest for hercules. they tell him about the horn and then he gets mad. he pulls jason and piper into the water and starts drowning them.

13. so you know about roderick’s band know and he has some other people thatcome to his house to well there is the drum player and gregs dad every time he see’s himhe just hopes that roderick does not follow his footsteps because one he is 43 years old and two he is in a teen band and three he still lives with his parents in which to me that is creepy but anyways that is rodericks band and oh yea one day a lot of people were outside of there house listening to music and so when greg and his dad got back from the mall greg’s dad put a boom box hanging out of the window and he turned on his latin music and then next thing you know almost every person outside of there house is gone in a heartbeat so i have one more blog to do so i am going to get to it.

14. so one thing in this story is one of greg’s friends has a big party because greg’s friend is about to leave next thing you know he is at school the next day and he says it turns out we r not leaving so greg starts a joke about how every body needs to act like greg’s friend is not even here so everybody acts like and so greg gets in trouble he has to go and apologise to the friend and the friend asks him he wants to in side with him and play video games so that is how it ended greg is no longer in trouble the day is fine and that is where i stoped reading because i had to blog right now so that is how that endeed and i will tell you more about the book if i am not done so that is it so see ya.

15. mon- after defeating the shrimp monster the team decides to take shifts. jason takes the first shift while they fly because he is the son of zeus. percy decides to take a nap. then it is percys turn to guard the ship while it is in the water. eventually they reach the medditeranean.

tues- when they reach the medditeranian a giant island appears. on the island they see hercules. they stop the ship and decide that they should send out jason and piper to go meet him. when they get to him they entroduce themselves and tell them why they’re there.

weds- piper tells hercules that hera sent them and since he doesnt like here he sends them on a dangerouse quest in order to get permission to pass into the medditeranian. he tells them to go get a horn from an old god of a river. his name was tiberinus. hercules warns them that if they are not back by sunset that he will kill thier friends and distroy thier boat.

thurs- once they start out on thier journey jason starts reading about tiberinus i a book hercules gave him. he says that tiberinus and hercules got into a fight over a woman and hercules won. hercules took one of tiberinus’ horns and used it as the first cornicopia. them the same woman was tricked into poisoning hercules.

16. Haha Ruepoo (I changed AnnMarue-poo to Ruepoo b/c i dont know why)
    I already ruin my poems with something stupid so i was TECHNICALLY not copying you.
    AND since I am in the mood to give nicknames to people I will from now on call Billy Frier ‘French Fries’.
    (‘Cuz of his last name) (Duh)
    And Emily CONTINUES to stand behind my chair.
    Stalking me.
    She even said “I stalk you”. Then she turns around and tells everybody I stalk HER. C`mon yo, make up your mind!!! Do you want to stalk or be stalked?!? (Haha-STALK OR BE STALKED!!!)
    HOMEWORK———————————————————————-
    (Hiaku)
    Stalkers are stalking (5)
    Really just Emily Stoves (7)
    Freak everyone out? (5)

Is that what you like to do?!? (7)
    You are always watched (5)
    You’re being stalked and freaked out (7)

So STALK OR BE STALKED!!! (5)
    Unless you want to be watched (7)
    So STALK OR BE STALKED!!! (5)
    ^
    Yay! TECHNICALLY not copying RuePoo, keep that in mind.

17. Haha-for some reason that blog had a creeper-stalker theme. ( 😛 )
    Anyways-
    STALK OR BE STALKED
    from anna bacon