march is about to get a little madder… :)

yes, wait for it… the return of the blogs!!!

yippee – fourth quarter time – it’s our time – it’s winning time – to quote bama’s strength coach that appears on the jumbotron to start the quarter:)

i hope all had a wonderful spring break – it looks i read more than i did…

“pilgrim theology” by horton – this book was what slowed my pace the previous week – thick – heavy – but a really encouraging read – obviously things i learned that i didn’t know – the encouragement was much of it was review of things i’ve been told since i was your age – one interesting note i found was the author pointed out that there are two current strains of thought in society – those that say we can reason our way to anything – and those that say we can’t know anything at all for certain

“twerp” by goldblatt – oh, i was excited when i was invited to read this one – it comes out in may – and it’s really good – i’m sure a bazillion people will compare it to wednesday wars – and do it in a good way – but this book adds some complexity that WW doesn’t have – and all through the eyes of a sixth grade boy – and for our class, it’s worth noting that it’s a highly perceptive, very gifted little sixth grade boy – read the book in a day – and i’ll be curious to get feedback when my kiddos read it

“the future” by al gore – in short, the future is dark – we’re not taking great proactive steps right now as a country to lead and solve some of the long-standing problems we have – in the environment, in banking, in democracy, in aging, in science – in a about six areas – gore outlined the problems with much thought and had interesting solutions – but on the scale of dark to light, dark book…

“teaching advanced learners in the general education classroom” by smutney and von fremd – i think this book’s title basically describes what i do:) anyway, it’s good to read books about teaching when i’m not teaching – otherwise, the students (yes, i’m talking to you anna) just make me too mad to keep reading about teaching – so this was a good break book and i have some ideas to try for the fourth nine weeks – which is what it’s all about

maf

68 thoughts on “march is about to get a little madder… :)”

1. So the reason i haven’t blogged is my computer has been under repair i dropped it wensday and cracked the screen it’s fixed now though…

Monday”s blog

Taken

So now Charity and made the boy that is guarding her mad and she is trying to make him talk about how the plan is going with her dad bringing the currency(money) to the drop off point and then they will leave the girl there affter they get the currency and then they will go on to their next victim of kidnap but before they do that they must get her Dad to corroperate with them.

Tuesday’s blog

Taken

So now she is thinking about the day before she got taken so now they are at chirstmas time and Albert and Victoria (her butler and her maid) are making snacks and garlands out of peanuts and popcorn.(back to the present day) she was awoken bye the sound of the ambulace door slamming shut and when the boy returned shortly with a bag of cloths for both of them when she had finished putting on her cloths the boy came back in and just slipped his cloths on over his other cloths.

Wensday’s blog

Taken

When the boy finshed puting his cloths on they just sat there in silence untill chairty asked the boy why they were putting these new cloths on and the boy said “i have no idea” “well you must know somthing” NO I REALLY DON’T ” then chaity felt small and sad nut mostly mad b/c he dose know som thing about why they were putting on the new cloths.

Thusday’s blog

Taken

So now they are driving someplace and since i didnt get to read much today this is going to be a short blog=[… now they are driving someplace and all chairty can think is that they are going to the drop off place and that she hoped that her dad put the currency there and made sure that he had the right amount and if he was a penny short then the kidnapers would start cutting off little parts of her body and sending them to her parents untill they got the right amount of currency and gave it to them.

2. Well, I’ve been doing alot of reading short books like my little brothers kindergardeners Pokemon( Gotta Catch ‘Em All) books. Though I have been reading other books like this one about Greek Myths. It’s called Greek Gods And Heroes (underlined cause it’s a book) It’s been a really entertaining book. Who would have thought that the myths actually explained natural disasters and stuff like that. But anyways back to the important booky stuff.Anywho i learned the story of King Midas. He was a greedy king who one day got a gift of anything he wanted.and whatr he wanted most was gold. Well guess what wish granted now everything he wanted turned to gold.It had it’s disadvantages he eccidentaly turned his neice or daughter to gold.( I get them confused) and he turns every thing he eats or drinks to gold. He asks the gods what to do and they told them to get to a river and it would wash them back to normal. So finally learning his lesson he asked the gods to remove his golden touch. so yeah thats’s basically what happened. So this is the end of Bloge!!!

Adeu Adeu Adeu

3. Ok, back to Inhertitance. We stopped at cavalry about to attack, and Roran comes up with the most outlandish solution: to make all of the men hide while he sits out in the open playing a game called Knucklebones with no armor on.

The cavalry approach him and the Captain of the Guard asks him why he is sitting outside of Aroughs playing a game. Roran replies by introducing himself as Roran Stronghammer and the cousin of Eragon Shadeslayer.

The Captain and Roran chat, and Roran offers the Captain a sip of mead. After the Captain takes a sip, he says itโ€™s too strong for his throat, and invites Roran to try some of try some of the wines in the city. If I got this correct, Roran turns them down politely, and they ride back to the city. Then, Roranโ€™s men come out and congratulate him.

And that makes 20 minutes this week.

4. I am pressed for time right now so this might not be my best poem ever SORRY!!!!!!

Work

Wake up early come home late
    Get some respect not much though just to keep you from leaving
    Work hard get paid little
    Lots of paper work
    Short breaks
    Long hours
    Lots of paper cuts
    Short tempure
    Lots of writing
    Lots of typing
    Anoying co-workers
    Talkative coustomers
    Lots of talking

5. Ok, so my cousins are over and ideas to page 114 in “Pathfinder” and I don’t have time to blog about it so I’m just gonna do a poem. I’m logging from my moms phone so we can see if its only my phone that cuts stuff off and we wanna see if hers does too. But I’m gonna keep it short just in case.

Luck is something some people push,
    Luck is something that some people don’t believe in.
    Luck is something that some people take for granite,
    But you always have to know,
    Luck is real.
    Luck of the Irish as my family would say,
    Whatever.
    Luck is real,
    Believe it,
    Or it won’t happen.

6. billy i read your post… should i be scared?

mon- percy looks behind him and sees that there is just a massive hill and a highway below. he senses a tunnel underneath him and his instincts tell him hes in the right place but hes too high up. he looks at the platter thast the gorgon sister is holding and suddenly he hatches a plan.

tues- he runs at the gorgon sister screaming and the gorgon sister slashes at percys chest. it ddnt do any damage because percy has the mark of acchilles. the mark of acchilles makes you invincible except for one part of your body and you choose which body part it is.

weds- percy grabs the platter and jumps off the cliff using the platter as a sled. percy turns around and sees the gorgons running after him. he then turns back around and steers just in time to barely miss a tree. then he hits a bump at the bottom of the hill and goes slamming into a roof.

thurs- he climbs down the side of the house and runs to the side of the highway. he sees an old frail woman and he goes to her. he didnt know why but he was compelled to talk to her. she tells him that he has a choise. either run to the sea and be safe from the end of the world or carry her into the camp that he is going to.

7. I am on my computer now and I want you to know I only had so many type-o’s in my blog because my mom’s phone has auto correct, and it changes all your words. My phone and computer have spell check but I turned auto correct off on them.

8. I am reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. Am tho the part where Katniss goes back to district twelve to see what’s left of her old home. She gathers what she can inthe victors village. She even finds her little sisters cat and brings him along. She grabs the most sentimental things from her old house.

9. Looking for JJ
    I just got this book this morning and I’ve already read 3 chapters. I’m so proud of myself!!! But anyway. This book is kind of like a mystery I think. And I know for a fact that it is fictional. At least I hope so. It is about this 10 year old girl who murders a child. Yeah I know. Freaky! She serves 6 years in prison for ‘manslaughter’ which is just a nicer way of saying that she murdered somebody. Which to me is insane in the brain!!! After 6 years, JJ(Jennifer Jones) is released out of prison. Well they send her somewhere far away from where she was. And she changed her name. The main character in the story is a girl named Alice Tully. Which I soon to believe that she is just JJ in disguise. I read over a couple of pages in the third chapter that give away some evidence. But I’m it completely sure. I guess I’ll have to read more to find out.

10. Looking for JJ
    When Alice Tully first moved in with Rosie, it was hard for her to get used to the different rules and procedures that she had to follow. Rosie rarely bought things for herself Sotheby’s went to the mall. Rosie found this cute ruffled T-shirt that she liked. So she bought it. It was good for her to get something for herself. To splurge and reward herself for her hard work she does.
    When Rosie went to check out at the register. She talked up a big conversation with the cash register lady. The good thing about Rosie is that she is friends with everyone. She can always find someone to talk too. Especially someone that would just let her talk. As the conversation was towards the end, Alice went to the food court to wait for her lunch. Finally Rosie came back with their food. They both had a quick lunch. Eating their half of the sandwich. Then heading home.

11. Looking for JJ
    This book is written by a woman named Anne Cassidy. I’m not sure if this book is considered a mystery. But in my book it does. You should only read this if you don’t get freaked out easily. Not trying to scare anyone but its a little creepy. Anyway. Jennifer and her mom moved out of the moms boyfriends house without him knowing. They just packed all their things one morning while he was at work and they left. And apparently. Her mom took one of her ex boyfriends ‘toys’. So that wasn’t good. It was a Luke sky walker figurine. I have no clue why she would want something like that. But it’s her business. But I’ll bet that soon enough ill find out why she took it. I guess reading is important!! Who would have ‘thunk’ it???

12. what up…..yeah i know, it’s friday and i’m doing blogs…..so what?

okay, okay, i am late, aren’t i?

that was a rhetorical question. ๐Ÿ™‚

okay, i haven’t read anything over spring break, so i guess i can get straight to creative??

that, too, was also a rhetorical question. ๐Ÿ™‚

“POEMS”
    Short stories,
    long stories,
    tall stories
    short.

Does it have to be a story?
    Does it have to be a song?
    Does it have to rhyme?
    Does it have to be the same every day?

It can, yes, it can.
    It can, yes, oh well.
    It can, yes, it conveys thoughts.
    If you want it to be, let it be.

There are no rules with this literature.
    There are no rules here,
    nope,
    nope,
    nope.
    You will not find them.

Because they are not here.
    Wait, you know that.
    I told you.

Twice, yes, I did.
    Again, I may not need to.
    This is it.
    This is it.

Twice, again, no more.
    Twice, again, not today.
    Triple it,
    Triple it,
    numbers?

Not about numbers,
    but fools.
    Why?
    You say why.
    Fools.
    Fools.
    Twice, again.
    It sings in my ears.
    The earth portrays a fool.
    We are the fool.
    It is a fool.
    Numbers.
    Twice?
    Yes, twice.

Poems.

well, that was 20 minutes!! BYYYYYYEEEE!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Hey maf, I tried logging on to the fantasy baseball thing-im not sure if billy’s done, but i tried to type in our name and it wouldnt fit!!!!! WE NEED A SOLUTION!!!

14. wild bill the commish will figure out something shorter, i’m sure – let’s give him a day – i’m sure he needs to consult with his dead baseball players:)

15. Hey I just realized that almost EVERYBODY but me has a weird nickname, and im tired of “annabacon” so I want to be…..
    (none)
    HOLY POO I NEED ONE!!!
    (yeah and im going to be the first one to blog on Sunday,so KABOW!!)