first in line for the “after easter day” specials… :)

alright,
so hoping this sunday morning finds you all well…

“good girls revolt” by povich – great example of a misidentified book – it’s found in the “business” section of the north shelby library – but it’s a story of the women who sued newsweek for sexism in the 1970s – so it’s really non-fiction – if anything, historical – not “business” at all – particularly when those books are 90 percent of the team targed to white guys who rule companies – of course, this book is written in part to change that – 40 years later, and still not much changed…

“the symptoms of my insanity” by raf – another misidentified book – it was under “children’s fiction” – i’d definitely go “teens and YA” – and probably go “YA” all the way to upper high school – but that said, it’s a great, positive book for upper high school girls – the voice of the main character is true – and her doubts and insecurities are what i would guess girls that age go through – the hazing part the guys go through is definitely true – and, as an added bonus, the musical “oklahoma” was performed!!! 🙂

happy reading – i’m ticked at billy right now b/c he hasn’t reported on our fantasy baseball teams – if he makes us late to post our teams, he’ll never pass my class… 🙂

70 thoughts on “first in line for the “after easter day” specials… :)”

1. So, heres wed. and thurs. (sorry bust last night)
    WED.:
    Leo summoned fire and burned the chain on one of the big metal things in the warehouse, and then it landed on one of the Cyclopses and it shattered into dust. There were about three total cyclopes, but the other one wasnt there. The mother cyclops was freaking out becuase, well…HER SON KINDA DIED…and she threw a bunch of fire at Leo, but she didn’t know that Leo had fire powers and stuff, so it just went right past him and his clothes were fine and everything. He started burning another chain when the last cyclops walked in. The mom turned around to see the other cyclops, and that gave Leo just enough time to kill them both.
    But the problem was that the monsters were starting to re-form, so Leo had to get his freinds and THEY GOT OUTTA THERE!!!
    ***I READ A LOT LAST NIGHT, SO IM GOING TO ZOOM FORWARD IN STORY.***
    50-something pages later…(probably over 50. i read a lot last night, night before last, too)
    THURS.:
    They crawled down the manhole and heard the storm spirits east of the tunnel, but they decided to rest a while before risking their lives again becuase, well, they were tired. After maybe 4 hours of sleeping, they began walking down the path that they heard the storm spirits. Several minutes later, they came upon an elevator. They pressed the button that said ‘lobby’ (out of curiousity), and went inside. The elevator smelled of stale perfume (i didnt know perfume could be stale. what book said, dont ask me!!!) and the door soon opened to reveal a department store. A lady (later in the story, it is realvealed she is Medea) comes up and shows them around. She charmspeaks the two guys, but Piper does it herself, so it doesn’t work on her. Piper trys to snap the boys out of it, but it doesn’t work. Then they see Coach Hedge in a cage across the room. (OOOOO supsence!!!)
    WELL, that was over 20 minutes for this week.
    …And I just realized I left my book at home. DANG IT!!!

2. typos:

ok, not ‘bust last night’ i meant busy last night. i type too fast!!!
    I ALSO SPELLED CYCLOPS WRONG A COUPLE OF TIMES OH WELL

3. HAHA I JUST WANTED A FOURTH BLOG. ok, i need to go back to Ms. Jones gets mad at me. (but what will i do in her class anyways I LEFT MY STUPID BOOK)
    🙂

4. I rule the world!- almost

Sorry AnnMarie, but the time has come! I have taken over the Waffles, and you have to change your username to AnnMarue again. I now rule dinosaurs, birds, ninjas, and waffles! Today is a great day.

And, in my Twelve Labors Story, there will be a section where I take over the waffles personally! or Will does.

If you need walking through on how I now rule all of those things, let me explain.

1. Birds are related to dinosaurs.
    2. The bird is a waffle.
    3. I therefore rule birds and waffles, and ravens, which are birds.

NOW FOR THE STORY!!!

With his ninja skills, Will changed the students’ schedules, and peace was finally brought together.

Now, there was a part involved where Keaton dies for his soul eating children, but I guess that part can come later.

“I didn’t think it was possible, but Will did it,” said AnnMarue. “Can I be a ninja?”

“No AnnMarue, take your depressing poems elsewhere, and beware, I will someday take over the waffles!”

“That’s soooo crassy!” AnnMarue exclaimed.

“And, I’ll get Will to keep you from blogging forever!”

“That’s impossible!” shouted the Queen.

“We’ll see.”

That afternoon, Will was given his task, and he was off.

“Will, stop reading Inheritance!”

“But it’s sooo romantic!”

Reluctantly, Will put down his book, and on the journey to get AnnMarue’s laptop, he felt happy that Ayra finally kissed Eragon.

Will felt to complete the task, he would need to venture back to fifth block. He “borrowed” Andrew’s Squishy Potato, something he left in the classroom. It was said to have magic power.

STORY STOPS HERE!

Ok, that’s it for today, tune in tomorrow for some more of The Twelve Labors of Gifted- Ninja Style.

Fred, King of Dinosaurs, King of Waffles, King of Birds, and Ninja Master, Out!

P.S. I have so many titles.

5. I’m reading mocking jay by Suzanne Collins. I’m to the part where Katniss decides to be the mocking jay for district thirteen, yes I said it, they do exist apparently. Before cinna died, he designed a suit of armor for her when she finally decides to be the mocking jay on her own. one down three to go.
    I’m reading mocking jay by Suzanne Collins. I’m to the part where she is taken down to thirteens armory with gale, to find out what their new weapons look like. Katniss’s bow and arrow is a slick black and appears to be moving. She has flaming arrows, exploding arrows, and regular arrows for when she is to lead the rebels against the Capitol. Two down two to go.

I’m reading mocking jay by Suzanne Collins. Into the part where she is about about to go on a mission to district eight to visit the dying and injured in the little shed that they are using for a hospital. She says many people that are wounded and bleeding but somehow manages to keep her cool. I don’t see how Katniss does all the things she does. One more to go.

I’m reading mocking jay by Suzanne Collins. I’m to the part where Katniss is about to leave the hospital and then she sees bombers from the capital, and their heading straight towards the hospital. She shoots some of them down with Gale by using their exploding arrows, but the bombers still hit their targets…. The hospital.

6. This blog is going to have to be short sorry.

Baseball

Red dirt stains your pants
    Sweat pours down your face
    Your team is down bye three points
    The pitcher is unpredictible
    Your up to bat
    The bases are full
    The pitch goes by fast!
    Umpire calls it a STRIKE!
    your mad now you and the pitcher lock eyes
    Its game time now
    The pitcher is pitching his best now then in the whole game
    The pitcher draws back and slings the ball
    Umpire yells STRIKE!
    You can tell he is routting for the other team
    The coaches start to walk off
    The fans get up to leave
    The pitch is coming………and
    Whack! you slam it
    Your so suprised you don’t even run
    Everyone screams and jumps up and down
    You then realize and run like you have never RAN BEFORE!!!
    The person is on third base is home
    The player on second base is to third them Home
    First base runner is second,third…..Home
    Now all you have left is you
    The center field has bobbled the ball but he has an arm he throughs it strait to the pitcher instead of throughing it to the catcher to get you out he desides to do it him self
    Thats a BIG mistake he is standing right over the plate you go into a slide he swoops down to tag you
    Your feet knock him down the ball comes out of his hand
    Umpire CALLS SAFE !!!! BALL GAME You WIN you Win !!!!!!!

7. I was informed by Bailey today that today is “Free Hug Thursday”?? (I think it should be Free hug friday, thats why tomorrow we should all give out free hugs. Well I’m blogging from my phone because Craigger (my moms boyfriend) wanted me out of the house because i “kept waking the dog up” so I’ll have to write a poem so it doesnt cut off my blog about the book i already know is going to be long.

He said “I love you”,
    then said he was kidding??
    He gave you a hug,
    and then acted like he hated you,
    followed by an “I’m kidding”.
    You’re getting mixed signals,
    that’s your proof he doesn’t like you,
    when your friends try to prove otherwise.

Guys are crazy,
    give mixed signals.
    “But he totally likes you” says your friend.

Someone wise once told me that a person will say something deep in their heart that they HAVE to let out or they will burst,
    and then says “I’m kidding” so they dont have the pain of you not feeling the same.

Another wise persom once told me that if someone really liked you thu wouldnt have to be afraid if you liked them back.

You dont know who to beleive,
    neither do I.
    I just know if he likes you,
    you’ll figure out at one point.

8. hey mr. mayfield
    This week im reading 20,000 Leagues under the Sea by jules verne. so far they have just gotten over the reef where they are going to dive for pearls. i think that the tone or theme of this book so far is kind of don’t believe everything you hear. i say that because as i said before it’s probably a submarine.

July
    The day begins as the sun peaks over the horizon.
    Giving of a bright glow, cooking the sidewalk.
    All of the kids dive in the pools as knifes cut in jello.

9. Monday- Insurgent
    SPEAKER- Mrs. Roth (the writer)
    OCCASION- Planning to go home. Back to the Dauntless headquarters and away from the Candor people.
    AUDIENCE-Ages 11-16
    PURPOSE- To entertain.
    SUBJECT- Tris ans Tobias are planning to go back home to the Dauntless headquarters. Back where they belong and where no one is there to judge them.
    TONE- Anxious

Tuesday- Insurgent- Authors Purpose
    The author’s purpose of this book is to entertain. The author really grabs your attention. With the fiction books I normally say that it entertains you because that’s all you can really say. What do they persuade you? Not really. “Oh yeah you see I was reading this book about this dog and the dog explained that the don’t really care for puppy chow they care for Kibbles and Bits.” Oh yeah that worked really well. But even though this book is fiction it makes you put your self in the book and think that if you were there what would you do. This book makes you think.

Wednesday- Insurgent- POV SHIFT
    Tris is acting like an idiot. She keeps risking her life to do stupid things like almost dying when chasing Jeniene Matthews down the hallway. And she tried to kill Eric the other day did I tell you that. I think she is trying to prove to her self that she is a Dauntless. But she can’t she is a Divergent ans she makes her decisions based on her Divergent mentality.

Thursday- Insurgent – Creative
    “You guys my foot hurts.” Emily said.

“I know I shouldn’t have had you walking around on it. I’m really sorry.” I said.

“It’s okay that news was exciting and you wanted to tell me. I understand can we just plan the prank now?”

“Of course.” Tessa said.

“Okay what you going to do is yell for Ashton. When he comes in you ask him to fix you and ice pack. Tell him the bags are in the cabinet.”

“Okayyyy?”

“I will be in the cabinet waiting for him and when he opens the cabinet BOOM!. He gets sprayed.”

10. SOOOOOOOO Drama Club went great today except for the fact that about halfway through I left to go throw up a few times in the bathroom. And then I went back in there and rocked out.
    I AM DYING MR. MAYFIELD

But seriously, today was much better than yesterday was.. and the day before that… and the day before that..

ANYWAYS

So I read a little bit more in The Sun Also Rises… Going through it slowly but it really is enjoyable.

Jake is missing all of his friends because his best friend Robert Cohn, left and Jake has no idea where he went. But I think Jake thinks he went to South America.

Jake is also missing Brett because she left too and while she was gone the entire time all she sent Jake was a postcard that said she was very quiet and healthy and that was all he heard from her.

All of Jake’s friends are out and going places and living their own lives and Jake is being a bitter Biscuit and staying right where he is at because he has no desire to leave his job, or leave the country or travel or anything even though he is really young.

These characters are all getting on my nerves but I guess that’s probably because I am just an angry unhappy teenager right now.

Oh well.

That is all
    -Julie

11. HEHEHEHEHE:)
    I just realized that the smiley face up there…..well i treid doing a smiley face pointing up but not now! I can’t figure it out:( Man i feel so stupid! And then this is the part where Dr. Mafeld comes in and says well thats probably because you are. But nope not this time!!! SO HA HA HA!!!!! Oh and just to let to let you know im gone do all 4 of my journals in this one(:

ooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkk…..well i guess im just an awesome multitasker because im listenin to music and doing this blog on this here compooter! hehehehe(: compooter….Oh wow. thats what my brother says just to get on my nerves! and hes doing a good job at it to! And the song im listening to is troublemaker by Olly Murs feat. flo rida. yepp Olly doesnt really have alot of songs out on the radio but flo rida does. weeeelll this song just repeats the same thimg so im gonna listen to a different one now(: now this song called wings by Little mix. MHMHMHHHMMHMHMHMHMMMHMHMHMHMHMMHHMMHMh…..These wings made to flyyyyyyy

12. i have to blog for wednesday so blah blah blah! 🙂
    Musician
    I hear the music played.
    I feel each note go through me.
    The notes dance around my page like child.
    I understand my music now.
    It peices together like a story.
    I smile as know every note, every fingering.
    I feel the want to dance just like the notes on my page.
    I play the last few notes, slow and beautiful.
    I stand.
    The crowd applauses.
    I have finished the peice.

________________________________________________________

Now i will blog for tues.

What is love?
    Love is what rescues you out of sadness.
    Love is what keeps you alive for a few more days.
    Love helps you push through when there is nothing left.
    Love is visiting the sick, giving to the poor, and preaching to the unbelievers.
    Love is spending your time helping someone else.

What is hope?
    Hope is all that is left of you before love comes along.
    Hope is something to give to those who are in need.
    Hope works with love to keep you alive.

Who has love?
    God is love, after all he saves you and gives you eternal life.
    Parents have love, taking care of you every step of the way.
    Friends have love, being there for you.
    Teammates have love, cheering you on and encouraging you.
    Preachers and Teachers have love, giving you an education, some spiritual.

Who has hope?
    Whoever finds it.
    Whoever needs it.
    Whoever searches.
    ____________________________________________

YEA i really wanted to do some poetry 🙂

13. I want to make a point of in my second poem when i say God IS love, I want you to know that parents, friends, teammates, and teachers, are NOT love. They just GIVE love. God IS love because he is the ONLY way to heaven. <3

14. Well Ghost or Phantom
    I presume that my identity
    remains secret from you
    who oppose me.

If Thous’t wish
    I shall say
    that you are _____
    on this day.

Come now _____
    on to war,
    for you are torn
    and battle worn.

I Shall say
    that on this day
    the trumpet calls
    and the enemy falls

Say this now my foes
    for you art truly full of woes
    and if you seek when we are weak
    then you are a fool who’s brain needs to be tweaked.

So now is time for you to fight
    take your sword and shield
    onto battle my friends
    and make the enemy yield.

this is really bad poetry
    I hope you will forgive me
    now is time for you to rest
    and may God be Blest.

15. Wednesday- I finished The Ranger’s Apprentice but someone has checked out the second book so I am going to find something to read tonight. Will and Halt got to the Gathering but it wasn’t like it usually was. There were a lot of Rangers inside the main tent discussing something very important. The rest of the Rangers were packing up and getting ready to leave. Halt was a senior ranger so he could go to the tent but Will and Gilan couldn’t. They found a campsite and halt came back. He told them that Mongrath was planning an attack on some of the castles. He also had evil killing machines that were like bears mixed with wolfs and humans but bigger. Halt told them that they were going to go kill the beasts because the senior Rangers felt that their next victim was going to be the king.
    Thursday- Creative- Ever since I was a kid I have been fascinated with rockets. Now I have finally gotten my chance to go to the moon. Even though NASA stopped sending official rockets to the moon, the government always hides something from the people. We already blasted off and now we’re thundering through space. The pilot of the rocket and the captain of this mission told us to gear up because we had about twenty minutes. i didn’t really know what to expect, maybe some alien footprints Well, probably not. I heard the brakes let out the pressure and felt the thud of the feet hitting the moon. I jumped out of the air-tight room and flew around. It was just like in the movies where you can jump four feet into the air. I saw something small and blue. At a closer look, I saw that it was a piece of fabric.

Trent

16. Darren and harkat are traveling to harkats mind to find out who he was before he died.they have been traveling for several days and they find lizard to eat .they describe the heat is so bad it goes through his shirt.harkat can’t feel the heat so he only sweats .mr.tiny appeared and he tells the to find the hunting lair of the panther.

17. mon- percy decides to take the old lady to the camp. he picks her up and starts carrying her towards a metal door. he then sees two guards in armour guarding the door. one was a girl and another was a very stocky guy. the girl screams not to shoot at percy.

tues- the guy then draws his bow and shoots down one of the gorgons. it goes flying and then hits a truck. the gorgon just gets up and starts flying again, unfazed at all. the guy who shot the gorgon looks a little confused. then the girl opens the door and percy runs inside.

weds- the inside of the tunnel looked normal. it had wires and pipes just like a normal highway maitnence tunnel. then percy saw a light at the end of the tunnel and the floor started turning into a road. he asked where he was going and the woman said hes going where all roads lead- to rome.

thurs- the girl tells percy and the guy to run for the camp and the girl will stay back and hold off the gorgons. percy asks if shell be ok and the guys yea because shes good with underground things. then percy and the guy reach a river and the woman tells percy that if he goes through it his skin wont be like iron anymore.

18. one for the weekend…

“Possum (Marlin) Crossing”
    By Mayfield

We need a sign, Marlin Crossing,
    because too many of them
    are washing up on shore –
    dead –
    or rather stinking up the place.

Seriously, can it get worse
    for Miami?
    TGIL
    (Thank Goodness for Lebron)

In baseball, the Fighting Fish
    don’t have much fight –
    three in a row to the Nats –
    the beginning of the end
    expcept that the beginning
    was so
    bad
    it was really just the end.

If we put the sign up
    (Remember? Marlin Crossing)
    I don’t have faith the
    baseball world in their
    little 1970s bullpen cars
    would even pause a moment to
    break – no, I think they’d
    speed up to flatten
    the Fish and fatten their win
    column.

Me? I’m hitting the brakes
    to pause and appreciate
    their awfulness – before
    switching to the Heat game
    (yes, the Marlins are so bad
    they make the NBA regular
    season an enticing alternative).

19. So maybe I was wrong about the world ending hahaha. I will blog for 5 minutes on what I readi in the book dead again. I read about the team getting to the hospital where somebody didnt have a pulse and then they get up and bite the doctor in the face. Faryns point of view from here is this guy is crazy. I bet he is just like Adison or Jackson who are the weirdest kids ever..