media days is upon us…

so tune to ESPN this week for your favorite teacher making cameo appearances – hey, after this year’s championship game with Georgia, you just never know…

“!nnovation” – wonderful book my gifted bunch could both understand and get a lot out of – much less myself – the author, an innovator herself, interviewed many other successful creative people on how they’ve become who they’ve become – I saved a few activities for us to use this fall – most interesting a brainstorming activity one group uses

“better” – study through the book of ecclesiastes from a pastor in LA – los angles – not lower Alabama – very accessible book for my middle school kids who often search for many different things – rather than be content with where they’re currently at – and definitely good food thought for their teacher

“the reason I jump” – we should do a summer book – everyone at school – and all read this book – at 115 pages, it could be done – basically, it’s an autobiography of a 13-year-old with autism – the book is an amazing gift to us into the mind of autism – and how we relate – and what we could do to understand and better appreciate those with it – just tons of ideas to use in the classroom with this book

“the odyssey” i’m guessing this is the third time I’ve read this book – probably the second time on the blog – first time was summer 10th grade year – just a classic story of a guy coming home – I guess the setup – the structure – of the story is what got me this time – just the formalities people go through in that culture with guests

“journey to the center of the earth” – the amazing thing about reading is that your next favorite book is often right around the corner – and I think that’s one reason why I read – the hope I have that something i’m going to read is just going to be great – and Verne’s classic really was great – probably second to 80 days now to me – and I can urge the sixth grade to read this one over 20,000 leagues – I have no idea why someone bought those books for middle school – center of the earth is much more understandable

have a great week

11 thoughts on “media days is upon us…”

1. what about our muslim bloggers who are too weak to type this month due to ramadan??? you’re being insensitive to claim first billy:)

2. I’ve been counting, and I’ve realized that I only have to do forty minutes more blogs (two more weeks) so I’ve decided that the next two weeks will be those last two weeks of summer blogging, because so far I’ve done six weeks worth, and I’ve got some great news!

I GET TO BE IN MARCHING BAND A YEAR EARLY!!!!!!!

I didn’t even expect it, and it has happened! I’m so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you guys this August! Or at Band Camp!

Fred

3. wow – that was an early wake up call – i was 30 minutes behind you this morning – i do have a vandy football media guide for you – mayfield

4. I have Bailey and Caleb and back me up in this. I just said: I don’t want waffles for breakfast

5. ann-marie – that’s the most tragic news I’ve heard all year

yeah on the bobblehead news – be sure to enjoy the high altitude training you get up there in the rockies – and send my love to the university of Denver – I have stories of a volleyball tournament there years back when I was at south alabama