hey, let’s take a week off…

so there’s finals – sort of – this week – which is good enough an excuse to not have you turn in work – remember though, reading logs and the read six challenge for bama-au are due either this week or the following…

“miss peregrine’s home for peculiar children” – high school BOB – good book – read okay – if you want the recap, grandson goes back in time, falls in love with what might have been his grandmother, and fights off soulless vampire-ish things that want to destroy the peculiar children – all of whom have pictures included in the book – and somehow, that book worked:)

“jabba the puppet” – the new origami yoda book – jared is right – the books get better – in this one, the seventh grade kids try to overthrow standardized testing and its ridiculous “drill and kill” practices – while also surviving middle school drama from things like dances and such – always an entertaining series read

“college at 13” – authors from Virginia finished a study of women who went off to college early – what works – what doesn’t – I guess what struck me most about the book was how easy it was for most of the girls – you’d think a jump would be really hard – but for most highly gifted, what’s hard is surviving middle and high school – b/c it’s boring

i’m reading a running book now so live is good

maf

32 thoughts on “hey, let’s take a week off…”

1. Blog 1

Moving from Subject to Topic
    *general subject- is too vuage and needs to be narowwed down to a specific topic.
    *specific topic- easy to descuss and is very specific and over all better because the audience has a better idea of exactly what you’re talking about.

ex.
    general subject: gideo games
    specific topic: minecraft

general subject: school
    specific topic: gifted 2nd block (the awesomer one)

Also it helps to narrow it down faster than to spend 3 paragraphs (out of 5) on a vauge subject that could pertain to anyone or thing. It keeps the information organized and makes it over all easier to read and comprehend.

2. I wish people would get on even though they don’t have to blog. Then we could plan ways to kidnap I mean bond with the sixth graders.

3. Blog 2

Questions for Probing

*question for probing- helps reflect what you’re thinking.
    ex.
    -finding similarities and differences
    -dividing a whole subject into different topics
    -exploring subject systematically

Questions for Probing
    -what happend?
    -when did it happen?
    -where did it happen?
    -who did it?
    -what does it look like?
    -what are its characteristics?
    -what impressions does it make?
    -what are some typical cases or examples of it?
    -how did it happen?
    -what makes it work?
    -how is it made?
    -why did it happen?
    -what caused it?
    -what are its effects?
    -how is it like other things?
    -what are its parts or types?
    -how can its parts or types be seperated or groups?
    -do its parts or types fit into a logical order?
    -into what catagories can its parts or types be arranged?
    -on what basis can it be catagorized?
    -how can it be defined?
    -how does it resemble other members of it class?
    -how does it differ from other memberss of its class?

4. Hey Joseph you know we’re taking off a week right?

I can’t wait for NaNoWriMo!

I already have a novel idea.

Also, I encourage all sixth graders to participate in NaNoWriMo, it’s so much fun.

5. No one ever reads my posts. This is obvious because I include my (correctly spelled) name, yet everyon still spells my name wrong.

6. Yeah Oreos r said to b addictive so yeah ur on crack……………………….well…………yeah pretty much

7. Behind the blue and gray

The story starts off telling about the civil war starting and how every one started to join,about how thousands of young men enlisted to be part the regiment. There was a boy and his father and each of them had an opinion the boy wanted to fight for confederates and the dad was for the union so the dad told him he couldn’t go so the boy did it anyway.when the boy writes back home he discovers his dad had died from natural causes .

It moves on to tell how the confederates built there houses out of wood from the trees and how they named them.also it tells all of the work they did and how they marched and the food they ate .the food had maggots and weevils in them, so the government made compacted food balls and sent them to them but when they got them they had leaves and worms all in them so some of them died for starving.

8. BOOK:(Looking for one)
    PROMPT:Creative
    SIDE NOTES: At least I am not the only one posting work on the week off… Also, hurrah for like 3 minutes off the story because I also have a very short peom. NaNoWriMo is worth trying, it’s fun even if you don’t reach your goal.

Creative:
    Late:

Late.
    It’s too late.
    It’s never too late.
    Late.
    Early.
    Late.
    Never.

Story:

It was dark. I was nowhere. I was everywhere. Everything collided. Light and dark. Good and evil. Everything and nothing. I was in a void. A void that tried to take everything, including nothing, and replace it… with itself. This void had to be stopped, but I couldn’t do it. There was no way. The odds were 0 to 1,000,000,000. Truly unbeatable. I was lucky it had accidentally skipped me. It had to be stopped by something more powerful, or at least invulnerable to the void’s effects. If I tried to stop it, it would instantly devour me. I should just sit there. Forever. The void would make it impossible to die, or starve, or feel pain.

9. hey fred. my little parade story is doubling for my nanoRImo. so HA!:P

Blog 3
    page 39. I had to skip like 50 pages (and the Brainstorming section) just to get to this somewhat interesting thing.
    *Journal Writing- jotting down experiences or exploring ideas that are useable during writing.
    any bases of writing down notes, guide lines, ect., are easy ways to write down ideas that are simple and should be easy to read, for you and the teacher/proffesor (depending on your hand writting and/or spelling).
    the most usual of notes are a guide line of ideas you have had about a topic. for me, its jotting down simple changes/detailing I can do to minecraft in my mod.
    The method of writing in a journal is very helpful and focuses you on your ideas on the topic.

10. sorry the blog wasn’t sent wednesday, I must have never sent it. oh well.

Blog 4

Clustering- a way to visually see ideas and wither or not you need more details.
    can also welp narrrow your topics even forrther and seeing if your yopics fit together well.
    to be ohnerst, clustering isw just creatinjg a web of ideas (even if it;s on the compuer.

11. Im sorry and I know I missed out on this 3 days ago but I DONT WANT TO BE KIDNAPPED! ESPECIALLY by FRED!!!!!!

12. Hey Billy, I have a question…. Who’s Mr. Mafyfield????

And Nicole, that kind of hurts… Not that I want to kidnap you… But still… Ouch

13. Sorry Fred, and Mr. Mayfield if I didn’t want to be kidnapped by FRED why would I want to be kidnapped by you?!

Oh and Rachael, even though you were talking about people spelling your name wrong, you spelled everyone wrong 😛

14. BILLY!!!!!! Why r u saying my name on tha blog?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? But yea i am pretty awesome 🙂