“midnight memories” in the magic city…

so it seems like I was really, really productive this week in the books – dunno, I’m just awesome that way…

“flipped” – I had a girl give me this one to read – and one thing I know, you must read the books given to you by girls:) so flipped was read – enjoyed – it was cute – it was very predictable – it will probably lead to tragic misunderstandings b/ween girls that have crushes on boys who think that those boys, even though they are currently jerks, will change some day and develop crushes on the girl – and that never happens – you could tell the book was written by a woman – but hey, cute book about chicks:)

“notes from a totally lame vampire” – just creative and funny enough to keep me interested – and to like it a lot – basically, the story of an awkward teenage guy – and who doesn’t like those stories? he does transform from lame to awesome in the story, spoiler alert, but I think everyone would’ve been like “so what?” if there hadn’t been a change

“bro code for parents” – legendary book – legendary author – everyone should have four copies of this book – but maybe at like 18 – or 25 if they’re fat:)

“david and goliath” by gladwell – story of underdogs and giants – and how even though we think impossible odds get conquered every day, typically, the story is less heroic – there are typically logical reasons why the david’s of this world succeed – and we can all learn from those situations – to not have the pride and overconfidence when we’re in “our element” and to look for ways to attack when we’re overlooked – great read – the book got bad national reviews – but people can raise their expectations too high sometimes

“in the zone” Olympic medalist – two times – shared strategies of how to succeed in life – which he believes starts with faith in Christ – the guy had an awesome story – a story of overcoming long odds and difficult personal matters – very encouraging before I ran today – a race I totally rocked, by the way (ask me about my medal for bonus:)

happy thanksgiving – yes sixth grade (sarah b), you have to blog thanksgiving and black Friday – and during the iron bowl – slackers…

60 thoughts on ““midnight memories” in the magic city…”

1. Who’s going to watch football ALL DAY tomorrow? Me!!! Why does that excite me, you ask? I write my novel best during football games! Who will win the Iron Bowl tomorrow? Does anyone have any votes? I have to say Auburn because my older sister will give me no Christmas presents this year if I go for Alabama. I met the 8th grade word count goal on Nanowrimo! Hooray! I celebrate by making myself cry by listening to music that makes me think of my best friend who moved away in October. That post was long and unnecessary. I leave now. Goodbye.
    Rechil

2. hooray for aurachael – enjoy your football

fred – the lights looked great this morning at 7 – although, I was freezing so it might have been my shaking that made it so:)

3. ……………… I hope Fred gets you Roashell! And locks you up and never releases you! But my fantasy only works as long as Fred doesn’t lock me up with you. That would be true violence and probably give me nightmares.

4. WorkIng on a firmula to see if bama still has a chance.
    Vandy won though and i got to go to the game. I hope texas am wins, i think that gives us a chance.

Fun Fact: Vandy is the only bowl elligble team from the state of Tennessee.

I am going to try to do all my blogs like this, so bye.