i (heart) wendy!!!

so this past week, I continued in my slack-ish ways and just read one book – technically, I finished another and read several magazines – and tried to work on scripture memory (2 Corinthians 8:7 and 9:7 if I remember right) – but I only count those typically when I’m slacking:)

“marathon man” by bill Rodgers – the last “haven’t read” running book I have that I had not read – really great book – Rodgers was underemployed, smoking, and basically going nowhere when he caught a vision of running – again – like he’d started in college – and over three year’s time, he transformed himself into a world-class marathoner – he won boston four times, starting in 1975 – and so the book reads well as a story of how hard work can bring us success, how we have a choice to become the best in us – and leave the rest aside – it inspired me – as my girl wendy does too:)

maf

62 thoughts on “i (heart) wendy!!!”

1. I’m reading defender and I’m to the part where they happen upon a dragon sleeping in mid daylight, where he is most vulnerable and next to ashaangaar, is the most powerful dragon of them all. They decide to call in troops and try for an attack against the powerful beast. Their allies come in and they have to come up with an attacking strategy. They tell Cyrus that he has to come up with the strategy since he was the one who decided to call in troops and attack the dragon. He comes up with a daredevil strategy that might work, but it’s gonna take some guts. His strategy is for him to go up to the dragon and distract it while the others are attacking. The dragon is asleep and they start the attack my jabbing a spear in its nostril and, then they later figured out that it disabled his fire breathing ability. they attacked and within thirty minutes, they had victory, and the only people injured were from the dragon blood, which is very hot when it comes out, and it is about like lava and the person died, and that set an example and no one was hurt by the blood again.

2. I’m so tired. I almost forgot to do this blog so I’m going to do this as quick as I can.

Ok so in The Gifted they make it to this underground civilization that is the main group that is fighting the Infestation. Many things happen to them while they are here. First of all, Rose finally lets herself be with Parker. Second, Rose finds out that she has healing powers. Thirdly, one of the Gifted dies, and the others find that the leader Rayon had been infested and was trying to kill everyone in the group. Fourthly, Rose learns that her blood has 90% of the blood inside of the bugs from the Infestation, so she is hardly human at all. This shocks her but at the same time helps her realize a few things. It explains how she is evolving her powers all the time and why none of the other Gifted can evolve their gifts like she can. Plus, it explains why she has an element where she is strongest, which is water, for the Cancer zodiac sign.

Now for a creative

Dinosaurs
    tall, scary,
    running, eating, roaring,
    From Fred’s Dino Diner,
    Nicole’s Present

Ahh, nothing makes you feel young again by writing dinosaur poems. πŸ™‚

I had a blast running you guys today Maf.

Fred

3. I was going to write about my book but i guess ill do that some other day, because i have a poem:
    I cry, I punch walls, I yell at myself in the mirror,
    I don’t know what to do.
    I’m sad, overwhelmed, and dumbstruck at the same time,
    all I can think of is how no one cares.
    I fake a smile,
    sometimes there is only one thing left to do that can make it all go away,
    I dance.
    Suddenly nothing matters anymore.
    it’s all my fault, I’m so stupid,
    nope, it all goes away.
    Sometimes dance is the only thing I have left,
    everything comes crashing down,
    and i cry.
    Sometimes i just think it’d be easier if i just died,
    then i dance.

4. Hunger Games
    So Katniss, Prim, and their mom were seperated. At the reaping a girl named Effie Trinket anounces the name chosen. In District 12, it is a horrible thing; however, in other Districts it is an honor to be called. From District 12, there is one man that survived the “Hunger Games”. His name is Haymitch. Katniss was looking around in the large crowed, and she saw Gale. Gale mouthed words an said, “Good luck”. That made Katnip smile, witch it is hard to get a laugh or smile out of her. Then the room silents. Effie walked up to the microphone. They showed a film and she talked for a while. Then she walked to the gar with all the names in it. The gar has every ones name. Effie takes a pice of paper out of the gar and says, “Primrose Everdeen”. Katnip felt like all of the breath had been knoked out of her. Katnip ran to the side and into the middle of the aisle. THen she yelled…
    That is all for today, read again!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

5. Thursday

I am still reading ” matched” well after her grandfather died I there society if you are chosen they preserve some of your DNA because one day they think that they will be able to clone people back to life because there technology is so advanced. Only a few hours after their death the people are cre-matted and well Cassia’s dad had the responsibility to turn in the sample and well he lost it. The people in the society are allowed to have only one artifact like a keep sake. Cassis got her grandmothers makeup compact thing well the society gives people three pills one green to calm you down a blue one just in case you get caught in nature well and the red on is for an emergency I think it is poisons or it kills you and well before her grandfather died he had her taken into the side so well he unlocked the bottom and pulled out an old piece of paper and well she gave him a note about his favorite of one of the 100 poems and the poems that was the same date of his birthday. Cassia she went hiking for her thing and well she was predicted to win in second and she ran up the hill got to her self and when she pulled out the paper it was poetry the and on the back even more but when she memorized she realized why the society didn’t keep it, it was saying fight back.

Friday
    This is me trying to finish my nanowrimo

Umm excuse me Mrs. Wood your late to class where is your pass” said Mr. Rota
    ” ohh sorry It must have dissapered along with your hair” *smirks, and looks back *
    ” Go to the Principles office… Wait stop no that wont do any good go straight to the ISD( In school detetion) buliding and stay out there you wont be able to make any work up you miss today”
    ” Fine I can get out of ISD easily but your hair was scared off by that ugly thing you call a wife” * In Adurey’s head she knew she had gone to far but go big or go home*
    ” Thats it out now”
    ” Thats what your first wife said” * Class burst out laughing*
    ” Thats enough from you get out before I send you some where you don’t want to go missy”
    *Slams books on desk*” Is that a theat Mr.Rota because you really don’t want to mess with me” * Walks out of room slams door*
    Adam ” Is is me or is she really hot when she is mad” * Every dude in class nodes their head*

” Ahh what are you here for Mrs. Woods” Mrs. Breckinbridge exclaimed
    ” Disrespecting a teacher he threated me that has to be agianst your code of conduct right?”
    ” Ha sweety um ya it is but i dont think you gona get away with I sorry”

” Its cool but can I ask you a favor Ronda”
    ” Sure and you know not to call me Ronda only between us and any other time its Mrs. Breckinbridge to you ”
    ” Yes mam and can you possibly let me get by I promissed my friend I would walk her to her next class please” * puckerd bottom lip out and widened eyes*
    ” Ummm.. sure sweety why not..just wait until this class ends then go”
    ” Thank you so much !!”

SHOUT OUT TO MY HOMESLICE MR.MAYFIELD/ RUNNING BUDDY!!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

6. The night before the play and all through the church,
    Everyone was tired, including me. The lines were all memorized with care, with hopes that their drugs would work in the morning. Then we all fell asleep. The end. (Can this count as 5 minutes?)

Tired

7. Hey so blogging real quick

“Christ”
    He is lord
    He is king of all
    He is my savior
    Parts of the year we celebrate
    We should really celebrate every day
    So when it comes to Christmas time or Easter we need to
    Praise him equally as we do each day
    He is my lord
    Is he yours?

8. Monday- I finished Football Hero. Uncle gus asked Thane for money to start a sports bar, but Thane said to talk to his agent, Morty, who said no. Morty thought that in order for Thane to avoid the typical NFL player bankrupcy that happens when an NFL player spends more money than they have, then go bankrupt. Thane said that he trusted Morty since he had gotten him this far. Lucy, the bar owner, got Ty to get him information on hurt players so that he could bet. The papers sometimes lied about injured players, causing them to lose bets on a lot o money. This is illegal and the FBI found out about it. Ungle Gus testified and his family got in the witness protection program. Ty went to live with Thane and it all worked out.
    Tuesday- alternate ending- Uncle Gus refused to testify so he got thrown in jail with the rest of the mob. Ty, Charrolete, and Aunt Virginia lost their house and car. They bought a small trailer to l.ive in and left it where it was since they couldn’t move it. Ty had to drop out of school to help support him and he took over the cleaning business. his football dreams were over and he had almost completly been cut off from his brother. He never went back to school and started selling drugs. Now he shares a cell with his Uncle Gus.
    Wednesday- I am reading Redwall by Brian Jacques. It is about mice that live like humans. The entire book so far has been anthropomorphism. The main character is an orphaned mouse that has bben taken in by the castle family. He dreams of being a warrior mouse and saving the mice from something. Another character is a mouse that rides in a buggy pulled by a horse. He has a gang and they are armed with more weapons than the entire castle armory.

Trent

9. hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

boom boom boom box. Rainbow!!!!! :0 :0 :0 πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ ;0 ;0 ;0

10. Hey I just cam from the basketball game and about to go to my own practice.

I am going to do an analogy to the Christmas carol ” Little Drummer Boy”
    Here’s the song thanks to http://www.carols.org.uk/little_drummer_boy.htm

Little Drummer Boy: Lyrics

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
    A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
    Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
    To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
    rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
    When we come.

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
    I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
    I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
    That’s fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
    rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
    On my drum?

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
    The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum
    I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
    I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
    rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
    Me and my drum.

Illusion- To the bible

Tone- Uplifting

Metaphor- “Our finest gifts we bring”

Repetition- “pa rum pum pum pum”

Anthropomorphism-“The ox and lamb kept time”

Rhyme- “I have no gift to bring, That’s fit to give the King,”

Rhyme- “Our finest gifts we bring, To lay before the King”

SHOUT OUT 2 MY RUNNING BUDDIE DR.MAF ( I didn’t think doing this on a Christmas carol would be that hard but I was wrong).