who’ll get first “first” in 2014???

my money’s on rahracheel – Nicole parties too much, billy will be watching football, and fred will be, um, working overtime at the diner – yep – got it

and everyone be sure to post comments about fred’s jacket – I didn’t get to that one until today (see last week’s post and the last comment – well, last for now)

“love letters to the dead” – good high school book – works for eighth grade gifted – nothing terrible for younger kids, but I would wonder how much they’d get out of it – pet peeve? the “perfect” boyfriend is in the book – as is the phrase “all guys want the same thing” – okay, by that logic, the perfect boyfriend either doesn’t exist or else is very sinister – and all I want most days is a good bowl of Wheaties so what does that say about the rest of guys??? ๐Ÿ™‚

“ruth and billy” – great example of why you always read the epilogue – when they’re included – oh, I forget – none of you read non-fiction – anyway, the best part of this book was after the book – the author, an older guy, commented that today is all about experience and connecting – that people aren’t interested so much in truth or prior knowledge as they are experiencing things and being a part of groups – and I see that as a very true statement of pop/current culture – so I learned something

“thinking fast and slow” – this was my proud book read – Harvard economist about the decisions people make – and how we tend to think fast about things – it’s our nature – and while that can be good – it can also be the wrong decision – for example, most stocks sold are sold at the absolute wrong time – even by professionals – in part b/c people are bad at math – and in part b/c we hate losing at things – so winners are sold much more than losers in the market – which is a mistake – my favorite part of the book was the brief mention about public education – that you have a small sample size so you can never trust edu stats b/c they will contain outliers until the school is big enough – a statement that essentially takes down all current educational thought – LOVED knowing that – will be frustrating not to share that one in meetings:)

happy new year

maf

28 thoughts on “who’ll get first “first” in 2014???”

1. Danielle and the Hobo have struck once more……

We were making cookies and right when I got done my mom goes… Did you blog?

Unfortunately no, no I didn’t!

THIRD!!!

2. Fred, does your new jacket have dinosaurs on it? =)
    Anyways, Merry Christmas (belated) to all you Colombiana-ers. I just created a word. Babam.

3. Sadly, my jacket does not have dinosaurs on it. However, it does have an inside pocket so I think Santa made up for the absence of dinosaurs. ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy New Year

4. merry belated Christmas, bacon queen

fred, shouldn’t the disco tree drop from the sky tomorrow evening in downtown Columbiana, celebrating the year to come??? thought for your eighth grade year…

5. One day Fred will destroy planet Earth. His dinosaurs will discover evoloution (I don’t know how to spell that word!!) and wear leather jackets. The dinosaurs will attack everyone with very sharp forks. It will hurt. Then they will become dinosaurs again and be stupid, so they will swallow the forks. And die.
    This is why we no longer have dinosaurs. Fred allowed them to eat the forks..
    Smooth, Fred.

6. Dinosaurs in extinction is just a conspiracy theory!! They all live in my underground lair where I design FredWear ๐Ÿ™‚ (Yes, FredWear is now designing a leather jacket for its New Years Collection) ๐Ÿ™‚

And them eating the forks almost put the diner out of business!! ๐Ÿ™ No one wanted to eat a T-Rex prime steak with their hands….

New Year’s Resolution: Always keep spare forks in the diner.

7. fred – forks or sporks??? sporks are awesome

go dores – even if the trip locale is lousy, we can’t all play at yankee stadium (that’s probably my favorite locale of the bowls outside the state of florida)

8. I think they ate all the sporks, too!!
    Anyways, with all the business you’ve been getting from FredWear, you’re making little to no money (business is slow?). You dont have money to buy anymore forks because the stupid dinosaurs ate them all.
    Sporks too.
    Just remember, you’ll get them back in about 8 hours!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    I will just remember never to go to that Diner of yours…
    xD