huddled deep in my safety bunker b/c fred’s diner is on delayed start…

so the best think I did arts-wise last week was watch the 1970s musical “Godspell” – I’m a sucker for musicals anyway – and so that was a fun one to watch – high energy and everything

as for the reading, lots of it, just not sure how much of it was “great”…

“Christianish” by Steele – book about labels – and what it means to be considered a follower of someone – the author has a wry sense of humor so that was an added plus

“Nearing Home” by Graham – book on aging – on how to age properly – I think we all age – obviously – but Graham pointed out – very well – that we have a choice how we approach the process – and most people just tend to complain about all they can’t do anymore – the book was a great encouragement – made me thing about the old man I want to be one day:)

“Runner’s Book of Rules” – I got the awesome book as a Christmas gift – I read it in a day – it was that good – helped me learn that I shouldn’t go without a shirt next Sunday when I run Mobile – that’s against the book’s rules – but it is okay to pass gas while running in the group next week – that was okay – and stay away from ninja runners – I thought about wearing all black this morning so I could scare the running hobo in Chelsea park – but, alas, he wasn’t out there (or was he, and just in all black?)

“A Nice Little Place on the North Side” – YEAH for books on baseball – Cubs baseball in this case – Wrigley turns 100 this year – this book celebrates – and laments – the Cubs history – which is a good mix of celebration/lamentation

“Running Scared” – book on fears – and how to address them – like, I’m worried school will be uncanceled but this book helped me realize that’s a ridiculous fear – so there:)

probably four journals next week – so get started good people

47 thoughts on “huddled deep in my safety bunker b/c fred’s diner is on delayed start…”

1. Second! I was gone…… 🙁 And you should have scared the “Running Hobo!”

I have finally learned the words to all the One Direction songs on Midnight Memories just for you Maf!

And now I cannot get first because I’m never at home or anywhere with internet on SUndays!

2. I think I might blow everybody’s mind and comment second. Kinda like that man on that commercial. Vague but you know what I’m talking about. You all scare me a bit with the first fight every week.

3. HAHA Fred you weren’t first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    😀

4. So from mow on, I won’t be blogging from my old, crappy netbook anymore. Instead, I’ll be doing it from my new HP, Windows 8 laptop I got for Christmas. jelous now.

Any way, I’ve read some of Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows, and I notice something in the movie. At the beginning, they start with the metting with Voldimort, but in the book, harry was reading the news paper about some book going out about Dumbledor (then goes downstairs and argues with his uncle about the Dursley’s departure)and the moie left that out. The news paper part was boring, but the argument may have been a cool add-in.

On top of that, in the Hobbit: Dessilation of Saug,they showed them running into Beorn’s house, but in the book they went in through the gates two at a time every five minutes. Later,Gandalf went off when the dwarves (and Bilbo) were about to go into the forest, through the elven pathes. This was also incorrect because Gandalf actually left while the dwarves were taking refuge at the “skin changer’s” home. They also left out the part where a deer knocked Bombor into the river and fell into a deep sleep.

It just goes to show that the books are always better than movies. But who ever herd of books written after movies. Then the two would be exactly the same. Instead the directors just have to tamper with the (always amazing and thrilling)original copies. Tho movies are always off. That’s what I hate about Film makers. Oh well I give both movies a four star ratting. They were good (Hobbit 2 was a little boring though) but still, it would be better if they just stick to the actual events in the books. 😀

5. The book I’m reading is called “Wonder” and it is by R.J. Palacio, it is such a great book, let me tell you all about it. (hehe, is that irony? Since if i was a reader reading this than i really cant NOT let the narrator tell me about it, unless i stop reading.)

Well the story has many parts in it, each part has a different speaker. For example, the first speaker is the main character, August (Auggie) Pullman. Okay well you see August is just…different, nothing is wrong with him (mentally) he is very smart, it’s just…his face. August’s face is very…different. There is really no way to explain it, he was born that way, and he had to have many surgeries to “fix” it, but it’s still really bad.

What makes me really mad is that the book never really describes it in detail, it’s always very vague. Even when they do explain it you want to see like a picture or something because it’s ever enough because of how much the narrators build it up to be. August in his part even says “I wont describe what i look like. Whatever you’re thinking, it’s probably worse.”

And i’ve been thinking about this, i think why they never really describe the flaws in his face is because they want you to see him not for his looks, but for what he really is (a kind, sweet, funny person) They want you to see august they way he wants to be seen, as a “normal” person. But what really is sad is that in the condition of that character, no matter what they do, he is never going to look “normal” and he is always going to be picked on. But the book doesn’t want you to picture all this stuff and make you think “ew, gross. What a freak” It wants you to think “Im so sorry for this kid. He never did anything wrong to this people, why do they do this to him. I wish he could just be okay”

I think they never REALLY describe him the way someone wants because right in that moment that they do is the moment that the plot is gone, the whole “you’re different, but perfect” feeling just goes away.

6. I didn’t wear my jacket when I waited for my dad to pick me up! I haven’t put it on since! Cold never bothered me anyway. I don’t have anything to do but read Romeo and Juliet, so I’m off. Well,
    TRUMPETS UNITE!!!!

7. I haven’t read any good books lately so Mr. Mayfield would you recommend something for me.

If you look closely you can see the similarities there all around us
    People tend to over look them or just think they are coincidences
    We are like snowflake no one is alike that’s what makes us unique
    We have freedom of speech but people constantly force words down are throats.
    We have freedom but its limited we can’t go here, dress this way, talk that way.
    We are taught that everyone is equal but when we look at it from the day we were born we were categorized, judged, and then we grow up learning that we have popular levels, upper class, middle , lower class and more.
    We say we are religious but we go and do things that we wouldn’t dare even speak about in church.
    If you look closely you will see we are all the same we all do the same things, clam the same things, act the same way.
    We say that everyone is unique but all we do everyday is put on a mask and pretend and at the end of the day we stop lying and take it off this process repeats over and over again.
    At some point you are going to get tripped up over all your lies and your going to get caught, but before that if you lie so much your going to start believing your own lies and at that point there is no hope.

Shout out to my best BUDDIE MR. MAYFIELD 😉 :)!!!!!!

8. Hunger Games
    Petta started acting all cute and nice to Katniss. Katniss did not know how to react, so she didn’t. She gave a slim smile, nodded, or acted like she did not hear him. She also thought that the whole twin thing would blow up in her face when the “Games” started. Then she rememberd Haymitch telling her to do what the stylists says to do. “If i was Cinna, I might be tempted to ignor him. But after last night, I don’t have any room to criticize his choices.” Katniss thought. She was nervous about the training. 3 days the tributes get to practice together. On the last after noon they have to show there strenght or talents to the gamemakers. Katniss thought the thought of meeting the faces of the people that want to kill her made her queasy.

9. yep…it was me who scared the running hobo off…..with my supreme stalking power!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 🙂

the blue hood has had some hood trouble lately…..the weather has has been officially too cold to wear my usual “blue” color….but it will NEVER be too cold to stalk!!

anyway, just finished WONDERSTRUCK, by Brian Selznick. the book was sort of like a flip-page movie. almost like a play interwoven into a book. believe it or not, the book is like four inches thick, and i finished it in less than a day. it was an extra-ordinary book….i don’t think i’ve ever read a novel like it. i actually read another book by him called THE INVENTION OF HUGO CABRET, and it was exactly like WONDERSTRUCK. and if you guessed by the name, the book THE INVENTION OF HUGO CABRET is set in Paris, France.

speaking of different places, who watched the BCS National Championship? i was soooo dissapointed…(yes, before you ask, i do go for Auburn). 🙁

exciting, though.

“ICE”
    ~by Blue~

Ice.
    The solid forme of water.
    Crystalized, forms patterns on the windowpane.
    Like an artist touched it.
    Smooth.
    Beautiful.
    But oh, so cold.
    Like an empty heart.
    Like an empty soul.
    Like the color of your eyes.
    Ice.
    ~
    well, i gotta go. blog s’more next week! 🙂

BLUE HOOD, PEACE OUT!!

10. Thanks for the book recommendation Mr. Mayfield!

They say eyes are the windows to the soul
    what people have neglected to see is that eyes tell there own story
    Your eyes have seen things that your mind wants to suppress
    They’ve cried the most tears
    Studied the hardest things
    Seen miracles happen
    Longed for people
    Your ears have heard blood sheading screams
    The most beautiful sounds of nature
    Harmony of music
    People talking seems like a dread for us but we take our senses for granted
    Some people have scars you can’t see or that medicine can’t heal remember that always you never know what people have gone through

11. Creative:

In Between the Lines

For my grandfather Larry Yednak 1935-2006:

If only it didn’t happen like this,
    It’s such a tragic memory to have.
    Stuck in the back of your mind forever,
    Remembering all the stuff we used to do.
    Fishing, reading, playing games,
    All the stuff we used to do, it’s just different.
    If he came back right now we’d all cry,
    If only he just didn’t go.
    Died from cancer, he’s in a better place,
    Soaring with the angels.
    Looking down protecting us, up in the heavens.
    Pawpaw, pawpaw I would have cried back then,
    But as I got older I realized it was all gods plan.
    Still wish I could have said good bye.

-Dylan-

If anyone had told me before that one day Max Johnson was actually going to be my friend again I would have told them they were nuts. But look at me now having lunch with him and his buddies at the “cool” table, all my friends at the “outsiders” table are looking at me like I just walked on Mars. Max is just sitting there staring at me; I guess eating lunch with him wasn’t too weird. I think he actually liked me sitting there, like he’d been waiting his whole life for me to sit there with him, or was that me? Ya see Max and I used to be best friends then we got to middle school and everything changed: not being in any classes together, all the girls falling all over him and not even one looking my way, him trying out for the football team and actually making it, we just grew apart. And then came the big fight we had, that’s when one of the eighth graders came up to me and we had a fight (I don’t know why) and Max just stood there like he didn’t even know me, I came home with a black eye that day, my mom almost blew a gasket. So now me and Max aren’t friends , but on the other hand I am sitting in front of him right now aren’t I?

-Max-

Am I friends with Dylan Bushower? Straight answer, no. We used to be friends, but I mean we are sitting at the same lunch table right now, and aren’t I the one who invited him over here and practically insisted he sit? He’s just kind of staring off into space even when I try to get him in on the conversation he just kind of nods then goes back to staring, I think he’s staring at our old friend Lila Hoover. Ya see me and Dylan used to be best friends, used to hang out all the time. Then we got to middle school and ya know everything changed, he got into honors classes, I didn’t, I played football he played chess, we just grew apart I guess. Then we had a big fight, ya see some eighth grader came up to Dylan and he clearly wanted to fight, gave him a nice old shiner in the end. I didn’t stand up for Dylan, I should have but I didn’t. And we never really spoke after that. I always kind of wanted to be friends again, but what I am waiting for, he is sitting right in front of me.

-Lila-

“Ew Lila, I think that weird guy Dylan is starring at you” said one of Lila Hoover’s friends. Lila had always secretly liked Dylan, she would never admit it but she had a crush on him every since about 3rd grade. She remembers when he used to sit by her and that Max guy all the girls like when they were still in grade school. But now they were in middle school, their sweet normal lives were over. Middle school was a doggy dog life. Lila had finally made friends; she didn’t want them to think she was “un cool” for liking him. So she pretended to like Max, like all the other girls. Wait, hadn’t Dylan and Max had a big fight and weren’t friends anymore? How come they were sitting at the same table together? Lila didn’t know what happened but she heard that Max gave Dylan a black eye! Well that doesn’t matter all Lila could think about was that Dylan was actually paying attention to her again.

The Summer Before:

“Hey Max,” said Dylan’s mom, Kasey Bushower “come on in, Dylan is in his room waiting”

“Thank you Mrs. Bushower” said Max.

Max had walked up those seventy-two stairs up to Dylan’s room so many times that it just came naturally. Max had been to Dylan’s house almost every day this summer because Dylan was sick so he couldn’t come to Max’s house. Max and Dylan had watched movies, played games, and had as much fun as they could.

Dylan had always been the nerdy one, he had always gotten good grades and all the teachers loved him. Max was more of the passing scores person but really wasn’t the most loved student in the world. But somewhere along the lines, well really ever since 1st grade Max and Dylan had been best friends. Dylan had always liked Max and Max had always liked Dylan. Secretly they both wanted something the other person had. Dylan had always wanted to be the “cool” guy like Max, and Max had always wanted to be at least as smart as Dylan. So I guess they both thought that if they became best friends that maybe they would rub off on each other. And that’s exactly what both mothers thought too.

Max’s mother had always known Max wasn’t the smartest kid, so she thought it was absolutely wonderful and good for Max that he had a friend to help him with his academic needs. Alyssa Johnson had always been proud of her little boy Max, he was a handsome young man who was good at sports, but he did need educational help. But Alyssa had always secretly wished Max would spend more time focusing on the stuff he was bad at like math and reading other than always being outside training for basketball or working on his football skills. So the day Max brought over his new friend Dylan she had been hearing all about she didn’t expect to see a nice sweet boy who was good at academics but she did and she was so happy Max would actually have some one to help him in school.

Dylan’s mom, Kasey Bushower had known for a long time that Dylan was an extraordinary student. The teachers had always loved him and he always got good grades, but Dylan had always been missing that one thing, and she knew exactly what that was. He needed that one friend that he would always have by his side. Dylan had never really been part of any social group. At recess he always sat by himself and studied when all the other kids were playing. Mrs. Bushower had only prayed for one thing on top of her perfect son, she wanted him to have a friend. So when Dylan came home one day and told her that he actually had one she was overjoyed.

Lila’s mom knew that one day her perfect little girl would get her first crush. It just so happens to be that her first crush was the young boy down the street that was the son of her own close friend, Kasey Bushower. Mia Hoover knew that Dylan was a nice kid, who got good grades and came from a nice family, but Mia also knew that he didn’t have many friends; she wanted her daughter to date someone who had at least a few close friends. Lila had came home one day and told her all about how her and Dylan were friends now and that’s just how her mom liked it. Because Mia Hoover knew that someday her daughter would end up with someone very special no matter who it was.

12. Hunger Games
    After Haymitch finished severel plates of stew, he sighs. Then says, “So let’s get down to business. Training. First off, if you’d like, I can teach you separately. Decide now.” “why would you teach us separately.?” asked Katniss. “Unless one of you have a secret talent that you don’t want the other person to no about.” said Haymitch. I allready know Katniss’s talent, she is great at the bow and arrow! Said Petta. “I am ok” said Katniss.

13. Hunger Games
    Petta pulled Katniss off to the side and said,”You are not just good you are great! You don’t need to underestimate your self, or lie. I have eaten many of your squirrels you know.” “I am not that good.Why don’t you tell him about how strong you are?!” said Katniss. “He is very strong, I have seen him carry 100 pound heavy bags of flour!” Katniss yells at Hatmitch. Then she looks back at Petta. “Oh yea, there are going to be big bags of flour sitting around.” says Petta. Then haymitch says, “Well streanth is one thing and can be useful in many ways.” “He can wrestle” Katniss said. “He came in 2nd from our school only behind his brother.” Katniss tells Haymitch. “What use is that?! How many times have you seen someone wrestle someone to death?!” says Petta. “Besides you wont be attacked by someone, you will be living in some tree eating raw squirrels and picking off people with arrows.
    That is all for today read tomorrow!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 😉

14. Nicole told me about the hobo, still don’t under stand.

She does not tell things very good…

🙂 😉 🙂 😉 🙂 😉

15. It’s great to be blogging again after the break. It seems that just being first wasn’t enough to keep me satisfied, but I was heartbroken Sunday because Rachael beat me and destroyed my winning streak. 🙁

It’ll be alright

Firstly, let me start by saying that I think your story is excellent AnnMarie.

Secondly, Sarah B., PEETA is not spelled PETTA.

Thirdly, Shelby, how is Mr. Mayfield your running buddy if never actually run with him?

Fourthly, Queen of Bacon, that hurts.

And fifthly, Joseph, why would I be jealous of a slow HP Windows 8 laptop when I have a fast, MacBook Pro?

Ok, so down to blogging.

I’m still reading the House of the Scorpion because I didn’t read at all over Christmas break. What I read this week so far is that Rosa built a pig pen for Matt, since clones were considered animals, and it was filled with sawdust. Matt loved the sawdust and thought it was very comfortable, and under the sawdust he found many things that the sawdust was poured on top of, such as bones, plants, etc. One day a dove comes into the cage and hangs out for awhile and then leaves, leaving behind a feather that Matt considers a sign that the Virgin Mary is watching over him, and he hides the feather whenever Rosa comes, because he thinks she will destroy anything he considers as a treasure.

One night his old guardian Celia comes to the pen and tells him she will do everything she can to come save him. Matt doesn’t believe her because she didn’t come for him for so long that he believed that Celia didn’t love him anymore and that it was all a hallucination.

That’s all I read. So far. I will wrap up blogging tomorrow with some stuff on the book and a creative.

Adios amigos.

Fred

16. AnnMarie I had to read Wonder for B.O.B last year. You should also read True(sort of…) by Katherine Hannigan. We also had to read that for B.O.B.

Anyways Sarah…. I will correct you just like Fred. It’s understand not under stand. 🙂
    And everyone knows I can’t explain anything. I’m only good at explaining math and sometimes not even that.

17. I’m in science right now with nothing to do!!!

MUWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Amanda’s sitting beside me.

18. Alright I’m going to do a 5minuter here.

Creative poem:

I stare through the window.
    I see all of the trees of my hometown pass by.
    But I was leaving, leaving for school.
    A new opportunity in my life.
    I am on the bus, going to my first day if preschool.

19. BOOK: ??? (I’m hoping I can go to the library today or tomorrow.)
    PROMPT: Creative
    SIDE NOTES: To the library! (Zoom in on a book titled Getting a Book) (Batman music)

Creative:
    YouTube-
    Crasy people stabbing knifes around their fingers.
    Poptart cats everywhere
    Cats everywhere
    Video games
    Television
    Movies
    Everything
    This is my home.
    This is where I live.
    This is madness.
    No… THIS IS SPARTA!
    Yes, I did fit two moar jokes.

Story|
    The Internet, my home-
    I awoke and grabbed the sleek, black case. I opened it up and pressed “Power.” I was sucked into a mystical land known as Windows Vista. At first it was like a nightmare, using IE7 and downloading at the speed of snail. And then, it was there. Google Chrome, my friend, my savior. It helped me by being faster and having automatic home pages. I would boot it up and go straight to YouTube, not just the home PAGE, but my home. Ah, YouTube, Google introduced me to it. It’s the place where my ideas come from, even my future career (I want to be a programmer). One day, the Internet usey thing, as I called at the time, stopped working. I got a new one that Christmas. By then I had learned it was called a computer. It was faster, better, more internutty. Blah, blah, blah, same thing happened again, and again, now I’m up to my most recent “Internet usey thing.” But back to the internet. It was like a favorite dream that never ends. That’s all I can really say about it unless you are like me. A nerd, that’s what I am.

20. Sup my not-so-peps. I want to do a little drama thing so humor me.

Taskagi

[Curtans are pulled to a boy sitting alone in his room, playing with a small blade.]

Woman:[shocked at Taskagi] I thought I told yo to stop toying with knives. There dangerous and can only cause pain.

Taskagi:[Pleading to his mother] But mom. You need to see this…

[Taskagi cuts halfway through his forarm and takes the blade of of his arm to reveile absolutely no blood on the knife or a wound on his arm. Mother stands mouth open in shock. Not only did her son just cut himsrlf, he didn’t even look scratched.]

Mother:[still in shock] How did..? What was..? Where did..?

Taskagi: How did I do that, what was that for, and where did I learn that. Is that all you’re going to ask me?

Mother: Where did you get that ability?

Taskagi: Easy answer. I’ve had it since birth. Remember when the boctors where baffled because I had a leg ten minutes after I was born.

Mother: Yes you’re leg wasn’t able to come through because it was caught on something.

Taskagi: I know then I, well, grew another leg. It’s very simple really. I just have a super natural power. Oh also, my lung, the one that was puntuered.

Mother: Yeah…

Taskagi: That same lung, a lung grew inside and the original turned into dead cells.

Mother: How do you know so much about science?

Taskagi: Right…… I have been visiting dad at the genetics lab. He showed me everything. From the root of his reaserch to why he gave me these powers. I find it cool that I have healing powers. I’m kind of like my comic book heros now. Isn’t this the greatest thing ever?!

Mother: No Taskagi, its not. Now the lab reaserchers will take you away and experiment on you.

Taskagi: Don’t worry so much. While I was over there, dad gave me some upgrades.

Mother: What do you mean.

Taskagi: Watch this.

[Taskagi runs outside and runs to C., “picks up” a car and throws it.]

To be Continued……

Okay I’ll do more next Thursday. For now, hide inside, and if mutants show up at your house… just DON’T let them in.

21. Benny and Tom went out to the ruin to find Nix.while they were out there Benny and Tom saw the main highway where the road was blocked off by tons of cars.with no way around they had to move a car to continue.they then heard firecrackers and saw the two Vietnamese people who worked for Charlie pink eye walk out of the woods. they were talking about where Nix was then Charlie and his goons walked out if the woods holding Nix by her hair.they argued a bit till Motor city Hammer popped up out of know where with a shotgun and shot Tom in the chest.Tom fell back into a horde of zombies.Benny and Nix scream when they saw had happened to Tom and n=Nix broke free from Charlie and they ran as fast as they can.

22. I read the second book of the Inheritance Series and it is called Eldest and the book is really good so try it out sometime because it talks about dragon Riders who live forever or a long time. When a dragon is born it picks its person to link with because it is higher than anyone. When Eragon goes to Farthen Dur(Our Father in Dwarvish) he becomes part of a Dwarven Clan and also pledges his loyalty to The Varden(The Warders) and then heads to Du Weldenvarden(The Guarding Forest).That is all i read.

23. Alright,well, I’m not happy with my iPhone right now. It just deleted everything I just typed so…BAD IPHONE!!!!!!!

Last week I got to read a bit of Anna Kathryn Davis’ book The Gifted. The main character, Rose, realizes she is one of the gifted when a boy by the name of Parker approaches him and ex

24. Oops, stupid iphone, AGAIN!!!!!

Anyways, Parker explains the gifted, and who they are. A girl named Lila, with the ability to calm your nerves as well as bond with any animal;she is the youngest of the group, only being 10. Then there’s a boy-I just forgot his name-who is a psychic. A girl named Alexa who NOBODY likes-I haven’t found out her gift yet-, Rose, who is literally irresistibly beautiful, and Parker, who’s gifts haven’t been presented yet. I am interested to see how the book progresses.

25. Sup guys. I’ve been reading an awesome book named Divergent by Vironica Roth, an amazing book about a girl who lives in dystopian Chicago and there are 5 factions and the one that she lives in to begin with is Abnegation (the selfless) and the one she’s in after the aptitude test and choosing ceremony is Dauntless (the brave). Well I can’t think of anything else, so I’m done for the night.

26. Well….I was gonna write my last journal to get my handwriting back to normal (since im kinda rusty from being off) BUT….I decided not to (haha too much work) I can always just work on my typing skills right?? Haha, those are pretty good already. I think by the end of this im going to get the award for longest blog EVER!

FRED: Thanks, it;s one a started last year and i have like 22 pages on it, i guess i should keep working on it more. AND the one i started this year too…haha why does all this procrastination happen to me??

And since im on the story i think ill post more of it, but still talk about Wonder:

“Come on Dylan” said Max “just cause your sick doesn’t mean you have to spend your whole summer stuck in this stuffy room practicing for algebra out of all things!”

“Max” said Dylan in reply “it’s my life, if I care more about my future in this world as a mature grown citizen than you do than you can’t change that”

“Mature grown citizen!?” said Max in shock “What happened to you bro-tato?!” (Bro-tato – mix of the word “bro” and “potato” used when guys call each other friends. Ex: Is he your friend? Yeah we’re bro-tatos!) “You sound like my mom?!”

Dylan had always hated when people said he sounded like an adult. He was clearly still a pre-teen having the time of his life. (maybe just a little different that other people) Dylan had thought about it before and had assured himself that he didn’t sound like those stuffy teachers that him and Max had used to make fun of when they were in grade school. But the months had changed him, Dylan was growing up, becoming more mature and according to his friends and his mom he was growing up too fast.

Dylan had always had those few friends he knew he could count on, and one of them just happened to be a girl. Lila Hoover had been one of Dylan’s friends since around 2nd grade. Over the years Dylan started to develop a sort of crush on her. They were a lot alike, Dylan and Lila were both smart, careing, shy people who liked to blend into the crowd instead of standing out. And it just so happens that their moms were close friends who used to go to high school together. They also lived only a few houses down from each other so seeing each other was almost a daily thing.

Little did either of the friends know, Dylan and Lila both liked each other, they just didn’t know it yet. They hang out all the time in grade school because they had around all the same honors classes, the only thing standing in between them was their fear of the other person not feeling the same way about them. The only person who knew they both liked each other was Max. Max was best friends with Dylan and kinda friends with Lila, but best friends or just friends he got it out of both of them and figured out they both liked each other. Dylan was easy all he had to do was ask a few times and Dylan told him all about his little crush. Now Lila was different she was like an onion after you peeled back one layer there were still many more left, Max had to keep asking and asking and then he had to talk a long time to ensure Lila she could trust him. But in the very end he found it out, they so liked each other.

Max had decided along time ago to keep the information to himself, he wanted the “magic of love” (or like) to happen on its own. He also didn’t want to be the person that had to give a long speech at their mushy gushy wedding about how HE was the one that got them together. So Max decided that if someone was going to tell them they liked each other it wasn’t going to be him, it could just be some one else. Now that Max thought about, it a few months before school started again he probably should have just told them, but ya know “Could have, should have, would have.” Dylan and Lila would just have to figure it out themselves.

Kasey Bushower was going on her daily morning jog when she passed her good friend’s Mia Hoover’s house. It happens that she was going on a jog too. Kasey and Mia had been best friends in high school and then when they enrolled their kids for elementary school and took them to their first day it was a surprise to see each other. After high school ended they really just lost touch, but then they figured out that they bought houses on the same street and even ended up having their children go to the same school.

“Small world isn’t it?” said Kasey “after all those years of no communication the world still brought us together”

“Yeah, I guess it was just fate.” Said Mia “And yet even now our kids are friends, after all those years together their friendship is still strong.”

They ended up jogging around the whole block and then going out to eat. Kasey and Mia caught up and they talked small talk. Mia ending up mentioning that Lila was going to have a birthday party soon and that Dylan and his friend Max could come if they wanted. There was going to be cake, party games, and it was going to be loads of fun. But Mia did mention that they would probably be the only boys there. Kasey said they would get over it because they were her good friends, she said she would ask then if they wanted to go. Then they walked back home and Kasey went inside to ask Dylan.

Lila hadn’t been awake when her mom left for her morning jog because it was summer vacation and no normal person woke up early during the summer. But she was awake when her mom came in and she noticed that she had been jogging with Mrs. Bushower from down the street and that they had been talking.

“So, how did the jog go?” asked Lila

“Good, I jogged with Mrs. Bushower from up the road” said Lila’s mom in reply

“I saw that, how is she?” said Lila

“Good, I invited Dylan and Max to your birthday party.” Said Lila’s mom

In Lila’s mind she said “OMG, oh no” but she reply to her mother with a simple “Oh, ok, cool”

Now Lila was super nervous because, what would she wear?! All the girls would figure out that Max would be there and then they would all want to come. So they would come and all be gawking over Max leaving her and Dylan alone. Maybe she could wear her pink shirt and new boots or no, no, no her blue sweater and black wedges. Lila was just starring off into space thinking about all this when she finally noticed her mom was trying to talk to her.

“Lila, are you ok?”

“Oh uh yeah”

Then Lila ran into her room to get ready for the party.

When Lila got to her room her phone buzzed, it was a text from Dylan:

Dylan: Hey

Lila: Hey

Dylan: I’m comin 2 ur b-day party

Lila: Yay!

Dylan: Will there b cake 🙂

Lila: haha, yes there will b cake

Dylan: g2g wash dishes

Lila: k bye

Dylan: bye 🙂

^
    Yeahhhh…..I kinda like the one i started (during NaNoWriMo) this year, i just think it’s better….

Wonder:

Okay well im like on the 5th part (page 190) and i havent even really talked about page 1 yet. well……august has been through alot thoghtout his whole ife, but he has never gone to school, hes been home-schooled (you could understand why his parents would keep him from a big public place like that at such a young age) well they decide to put him into a school (August is VERY smart) the first year of middleschool (so there would be other new people too)

^
    I think that is a smart/stupid choice. I would put my child in school in a younger age, kids dont have te BEST manners when it comes to stuff like that at that age, but they never really do. Middle school is when people start being REALLY mean and with stuff like looks people wouldnt even understand. BUT i get the whole “there would be other new kids too” but i think they just tell him that so he doesn’t feel TOO scared. even though, me, his parents, and even august knows that no matter how many new people there are there will never be one like him…

Sadness….OKAY, im done. Do i get an award haha. Bye guys

27. Creative-
    Time for an Alfred Hitchcock type story (and no I’m not copying one).
    The Not so Safe Protector
    “Hey Will,” Fred calls, “Sit here.” He says pointing to the seat in front of him.
    Will walks over and sits in the seat.
    “So what did you do over the weekend?” Fred asks.
    Will doesn’t reply. Instead he gets out a book and begins to read.
    “So,” Fred asks, “are you going to answer?”
    Will sits in silence.
    “Will,” Fred says tapping,”Will, Will, Will!”
    “What!?” Will yells.
    To be Continued…

28. Hunger Games
    “Well, well, well, Katniss There is know guarantee that there will be bows and arrows in the arnea, so during your private session with the gamemakers, show them what you can do. Until then, stay clear of archery. Are you any good at trapping?” says Haymitch. “I know a few basic snares.” Katniss mutters. “That may be significant in terms of food. And Petta she is right, never underestimate the power of the arena! There will be weights in the arena BUT DO NOT reveal that you can lift in front of the other tributes!” says Haymitch, then says, “Always one last thing, in public, I want you by each others side the every minute.” “But?!” Says Katniss and Petta at the same time…
    That is all for today.

29. Here’s my creative to wrap up blogging for this week.

Running,
    awesome, refreshing,
    running, sweating, panting,
    The best thing ever
    Jogging

Ice cream
    cold, delicious,
    licking, eating, melting,
    The second best thing ever
    milshake

Journals,
    fun, educational,
    typing, writing, summarizing
    the best homework ever
    Blogging

Boom. That’s it for this week.

30. I’m reading defender and I’m to part where Cyrus is asked to start leading missions aboutputting the time they go into the dark gods lair on an expedition to steal the money he left while on an expedition to visit the other gods. They go through the portal to his lair and they expect everything but they see nothing in turn. They come to the fields where the dead that have been bad og to roam the fields forever and ever with no escape of the kingdom. They see the tower where all the worst people hide and protect his gold for him until he is back from his journey to his old friends which are gods and they come acrost shadowy figures in the dark and they start attacking them

31. So hello peeps doing blogging for last week….i was out Friday because I threw up all day

32. Here are my blogs for lasts week. I was out on Friday because I threw up all day! Yay! Haha

“The lost sea”
    I ’twas only a boy looking through my spyglass, at the magnificiant vessel before me, equipped with its six sales and huge hull. I was sitting on the edge of my rust filled roof, just like the other eleven boys on my street. I watched the Hyue (name of boat) till mother called me in.
    “William!”
    “Yes mum?”
    “I have a job for you!” I slid down the side of my house, and ran inside, of the shack i live in. My mother shoved a loaf of sourdough into my open hands.
    “Take this down to your cousin before he gos out to sea.”
    Yes mum, does he really have to go…What if he um… Goes away like father did?”
    She teared up and looked at me, “I need the money he will earn, and he has no choice. Now scat!” She kicked me out.
    “Bye mum.” I ran down the street looking at the fish stained road. My cousins house was near the harbor, where all the other sailors live, and where the Hyue lies. I soon reached his home.
    “Hello Jimmy?” I screamed.
    “Oh…uh helloo Williammm, what..what are you up too??!” He said sluggishly.
    “Oh no are you drunk!” I looked at him in disgust. And handed him the loaf of bread. “This is from mum, she said you needed it.”
    “Ohh th..thanks i d..do so I have pro…probably needed too go go!?” He said.
    “Well Godspeed and good luck, and mother said she needed the money, so do your best?”
    “WHAT!?!? She just wants the money! That’s why she Insusted that I go! Arrrr.” He grabbed a whiskey jar, I backed away, and the last thing i remember was him hitting me across the head.