“i am very skilly…”

yeah, daylight savings time, fourth nine weeks – hard to believe…

“focus” – book on our lack of it – basically – in the beginning, there was a pop quiz on material a couple of pages back – and I, like most everyone, failed – we tend to pay less attention to things than we think we are doing – in reading – in listening – good reminder

“one last strike” – book on tony larussa’s last year with the cardinals – he was their manager – good book about motivating people to achieve a goal – larussa is well read – and he’d read management books as well that flowed into ideas he used with the cardinals – I guess one thing I thought was interesting was that he tried to limit meetings – he found his players tuned out – the meetings weren’t productive

“cheetah can’t lose” – I read this to my first graders today – we had just finished “donkey races” in honor of the story of balaam today – so they sat really still – they reacted very differently than my 6-8th graders did – go figure…

happy blogging

46 thoughts on ““i am very skilly…””

1. Hunger Games
    It twas the day of the games. Cinna was dressing Katniss for the “Big Game” that is what they called it… (I am the only one that is calling it that!)
    “Here take this” says Cinna, it was a mokking Jay, the district 12 sign. “But am i…” tries Katniss. “Shhhhhhh” Cinna says putting his finger on his lips. Then Katniss thinks about the time that a girl brought one of those in the games and when you twisted the pin it shot arrow’s at things. She swore that she never knew about that but the killed her anyway. Then Cinna pushed Katniss’s arm out of the way and put the pin on katniss’s shirt. “Good luck” sayed Cinna in a… voice. Then Katniss had to go inside a big tub type thing and it was giving her 15 more seconds. 14…13…12… she steped in and then…

2. Hunger Games
    (she steped in and then…) the tube closed Katniss turned around with the biggest eyes ever and Cinna gave her a good luck on his lips then smiled. Then when the tub was done counting it started to go up. As it went up she enterd the woods with the cornacopia in the middle. Then she found Petta’s eyes and lokked at them. He looke just a scared as she was. As the 1 min. counted down Katniss’s noticed a bow and one of many arrows she thought she could hurry and get them and leave. She got ready to run. Then she looked at Petta and it was like he knew just what she was thinking and he shook his head with his big eyes. Then Katniss notced that people were already off the platform.

3. AMANDA I MESSAGE U ON NANOWRIMO. i replied 5 months later. That’s Anna brained syndrome

4. ok thanks i will blog for yesterday and today

if i could change the ending to timmy failure, i would take out the fact that timmy does not have big buisness bc that kind of saddend me. timmy put his whole life into being a detective and now throwing it away leaves an empty space. i would also take out the fact that he doesn’t know how to solve mysteries correctly. that makes me sad too. Finally, i would put that timmy gets the building/office of his dreams. pooooooooooooooooor timmy failure. 🙁

the other books i read were stick dog and my zombie goldfish, weird i know. they are my little brother’s from the book fair so i read them. stick dog was about this dog and his dog friends try to make a plan to get some hot dogs. they are always hungry. my zombie goldfish was about this little kid whose big brother bullies him alot. his friend’s brother bullies him alot too. his goldfish dies and he shocks it back to life with batteries and turns it into a zombie goldfish who beats up bullies and can control peoples’ minds. the big brothers try to take over the world but some lunch ladies, the boy, his friend, and the goldfish stop them. both pretty weird books.

PEACE OUT! -the orphan child

5. I am reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck and so far have gotten to the smooth speaking Irishman with a medical book, Samuel Hamilton, who lives with his no leisure wife, Liza Hamilton, and their nine kids on 1760 acres. So no Corbo today because i am still trying to decided where the setting should be since it’s the first year of the civil war…

6. I always wondered who “hotpreachergirl7” was, it confused me so much. And now i know it’s Amanda…yeah, that took me more than it should have to figure that out.

I’m still reading looking for alaska (i am going to finish it, i promise) they finally figured out what happened (to a certain extent, they still dont know if it was a suicide or a accident. I’m not going to tell you what they know though, you must read it to figure out. Also they had this big prank in honor or alaska. (she died in case you didn’t know…) what they did is their school always has a guest speaker thing where two people come and speak to the kids about their jobs and stuff and what they did was had this male stripper pose has a sex study person (The job was more professional sounding than that though) and he was talking then he just screamed “This ones for Alaska Young” and then he ripped off his clothes and started dancing!!! So funny

^
    Yeah…..idk what to say. Oh you know that gobal scholars test? Yeah the one that adapts according to what you answer, how you answer,and the speed to which you answer, yeah that one. I didn’t even finish it yet…and it was math…of course.

7. Hey! I thought I would check in for absolutely no reason at all other than to ask what the plural of platypus was.
    To AnnMarue:
    Don’t worry, you’re not alone. I had to ask someone who hotpreachergirl97 was, but then she referred to herself as “orphan child”, so I kinda put the puzzle together.
    To Emily:
    I hung up on you. HA HA.
    To Amanda:
    I don’t have anything to say to you. Byye

8. Uhh…I think it’s platypi. Now I’m curious how Narwhal is said…Narwhal or Narwhales?

9. Hunger Games
    Katniss was sooooooo angry at Peeta, for distracting her when the time ran out. She new she would NOW not be able to reach the bow and arrows. So she ran toward one of the small orange back packs. She was then about to grab the small orange bag when a boy from another district grabed at it to. As they were both fighting for the bag, she saw that the boy was no longer fighting. Then he fell over, she saw that there was a nife in his back and blood every where! It was the red hedded girl from another district! Katniss took off with the bag on her back. She then held the bag up to her head to protect it. Katniss new that the girl never misses a target, she new because she saw the girl practice.

10. Hunger Games
    Then Katniss felt a bang on her head it was the girl. She had thrown a knife at Katniss and it went only through the pack. Katniss new that was luck and she knew that the girl would not go into the woods to catch her she would go back to Cato, the boy from her district. Her and many others wanted Katniss dead. She did not think Peeta wanted her dead, but she had no clue.
    Katniss new she would get a strong thrist in a while so she kept running farther and farther until she could not run any more. Katniss new it was getting dark so she stoped and found a good tree to climb. When she did she climbed up the tree and opend the back pact then thought why would they make it neon orange? So she started to make it camo. When she was done she opend it and found a pack of crackers, beef jerky, and a water bottle. She then opend the bottle and found there was no WATER in the WATER, BOTTLE. Then thought why could they not just take the time to fill it up with water?
    That is all for today! Read again! 🙂 😉

11. Supp brotatos so, reading about Everest, great great thin to read about…kinda makes me want to start climing…but here are some blogs

“Basketball”
    A simple game
    Started with a little
    Basket and a guy throwing
    Random things in the basket.
    No rules yet…just a fun game of
    Who can score the most points.
    Of course people caught on…
    Adding rules and another basket
    To the mix.
    Then everyone seemed to be playing…
    A court was added…
    3 point line…
    Rules…
    Fouls…
    Teams…
    High schools joined in the fun
    They created a league
    College also brought
    Basketball as there main sport
    Rivals were created
    NBA was founded
    Dunking…yup
    Mascots…cheerleaders
    Then we get to today…
    You step off on the court,
    Take a deep breath
    And leave the rest of the world
    Behind you
    You slow down.
    And touch the ball
    You are now in control
    Your pumped…
    The world seems
    To be cheering
    From the puny sidelines
    If your city league.
    You watch it on tv
    Dreaming of your chance to
    Rock your small town
    With the skills you have brought
    The court
    It’s like a different
    World
    You have no friends except for
    The closely knit life of your team
    And you work like gears bringing
    A killing machine to life…
    This simple game of basket and ball
    Has become…the sport.

12. will – great poem – although, you should be writing about running – even better, you should be training me up for boston… 🙂

anna – great question – the answer is yes, there is a great master mailman – he is all-powerful and wise – in the beginning, he created first class mail – and it was good:)

shout out to shelby, wherever she is, it isn’t the blog

scalding soup on sidney – great…

13. yes. i now work the night shift.

well, stalking’s more of a hobby than a job.

i guess if you wanted to, you could consider it a job.

oh, well. who cares? 🙂

anywho, i’ve begun to read THE HUNGER GAMES, and it is REALLY GOOD. i’m currently at the part where the Career Tributes have cornered Katniss, but she’s in a tree. She just escaped the Gamemaker’s fire with minor burns, and a fireball burns her leg and her hands and she gets red welts all over her hands. when i found out that Peeta betrayed her, i was really upset (yes, before you ask, i bond very easily to different characters in the books i read, especially if it is a series book). i absolutely LOVED the part where Peeta was interviewed and admits he loves Katniss; however, i didn’t expect the part where Katniss shoves Peeta into a urn and Peeta’s hands start bleeding really bad. i keep thinking, “kiss already, will you?”

yes, before you say something else, we stalkers have emotions and weaknesses, too. it just so happens i love romantic adventure novels. 🙂

so, here’s my creative for the week. it’s an exerpt of my newest novel, RUNAWAY.

Runaway
    By Emily Stoves

The rain pattered an uneven, but steady rhythm on the roof of Canary’s house. She swiveled her worn desk chair to face her window. She watched the waterfall of rain cascade slowly down. She traced them with her fingers down the cold, stained glass of the window. It felt so smooth underneath her warm hands. Yes, smooth.

Thunder rumbled distantly beyond the tall Adispie Mountains just ten or so miles beyond her gray, faded house. It made her collection of colored glass bottles that sat on her yellowed, worn window seat rattle and clink.

Canary admired her collection of bottles. It was so fascinating to study the colors that danced around on the floor when the sun’s rays caught them. It was also fascinating to wonder how many people had touched them, all the places they’d been, and what they could’ve held. She watched the rain for a minute more, and then turned to her bookshelf full and overflowing with old, leather-bound books she’d collected ever since she found this dilapidated shack. Yes, found. She looked through the rows of dusty books, each one calling to her. But she picked up the one that she had been reading; MYTHS OF ADISPIE MOUNTAINS, a thick, brown leather volume written about two-hundred years before she was born. She traced her fingers along the title branded onto the front. She opened it, sending a cloud of dust up towards her face. She coughed silently and thumbed through the pages. She leafed through pages with brightly inked fairies, mystical creatures, and plants thought to have not been discovered yet. She plopped down on her soft, quilted bed and began to read about a mystical fairy colony that lived just over the mountain.

She had been planning an expedition to go and explore the mountain sometime soon. Canary’s thoughts soon drifted to what uncharted plants she might find, what mystical creatures do REALLY exist (she sort of hoped that the Starbeam Pegasus would be real), what new animals were on the other side, and what kind of terrain was on the other side.

She propped herself up and got up off her bed, going over to her book of maps. She fanned through it, looking for the map of the Brooklyn Isles. She lived on the very last of the Brooklyn Isles, the smallest called Emerald Pass. It was a very beautiful place, with lush, green grass year-round, and frequent rain. The frequent rainy weather always meant fog, and dark clouds always loomed over the sky. It was always humid and dark, or rainy and dark, one of the two.

The Brooklyn Isles were basically a long string of dark, rainy islands with lush plains, and wet, rainy, abundant rainforests with thick, unruly undergrowths.

Canary found the map, and brought the book over to her desk. Then, wasting no time went to her bed and brought back a small, hand-held leather journal with her initials branded onto the front. She gracefully slid it onto her desk with a quick flick of the wrist and walked over to her nightstand. The air was so damp and warm, the hair on the back of the neck was beginning to plaster to her neck. She slid open the top drawer and fished around for a hair band. Then, sliding over, she pulled her blonde hair up into a ponytail, and tied it tight. She walked back over to the desk and sat down on her desk chair. She copied the map into her journal, coloring the map’s land elevation, forests, plains, and bodies of water with her only pack of colored pencils. Canary went over to her coat rack and pulled her leather messenger bag her father had made for her before the steamer had crashed.
    ~*~

see my blog next week for the next segment of the story. well, this has been my 20 minutes for the week.

BLUE HOOD, PEACE OUT!

messsage for anna: i don’t like you anymore. you had to go and hang up on me, didn’t you? so long, wubba twee buddy. (you know I love you…you’re my sidekick. how could i not love you, you cheesenip?) 🙂

14. YANKEES VS BRAVES
    its the first inning, the game just started and the Yankees are up to bat. Kris Medlin is pithcing on the mound pitching to Carlos Beltron. first pitch and Carlos hits it to deep center and makes it to second. Next up Jacoby Ellsbury first pitch is a strike second pitch a swing and a miss third pitch hits it to third and gets out at first.1 out and CC Sibathia is up to hit and first pitch is a strike second pitch, is a ball third pitch, is another ball, next pitch is jacked over the fence and its a HOME RUN!

15. The ninth inning. Wildcats 6 Panthers 5. The Panthers had a good game 4 runs this inning and that had been it for our starting pitcher. I was sent in to get our pitcher the win. There was two outs and runners on the corners. It felt good when the announcer said on the intercom, now coming out for the Wildcats #10 Jordan Morris.
    THe game was on the line and I had to keep the runs from scoring. So I through a fastball on the outside corner of the plate for strike 1. Then an inside changup for strike two. The crowd was on their feet. They were chanting MVP! MVP! MVP! So then i accidently threw three balls in the dirt.
    It came down to this pitch if i walked him the bases were loaded and their best hitter was up. So i threw a fastball high and inside as fast as I could and he ripped to LF. But our LF JT Pennington doove out and caught it. OUT 3!!! We had won the game 6-5

16. don’t know that my name really works out…. meh.
    I will blog for today and yesterday

broken———
    imperfect
    incapable
    looking for repair.
    with other broken stuff
    excluded
    in pieces
    shattered
    battered
    cracked
    smashed
    split
    smushed
    cut
    pulverized
    broken

tongue tied-
    my words come out in a jumble
    my tongue starts to bumble
    my b’s are d’s
    as mixed up as can be.
    I think it through clearly,
    but i get all twisted severely!
    I speak slow,
    but, OH NO!
    it runs together
    makes my face redder,
    I am so tongue tied!

byyyyyeeee 😉

17. Benny and nix made it to sanctuary with Chong and lilah. They made it there because of a man named captain ledger and his dog Grimm .the monks there took Chong to the lab to experiment on him and try to cure him because he was struck in the hip with a infected arrow.by the time he was there he was on the brink of death.the doctors tried all they could but the infection was already to deep inside of him and he passed on ,but his body still was able to feel pain and could talk even though he was a zom.

18. This week I’m reading Flush. I just got to the part where Shelly and Noah are driving around, and Shelly’s explaining what she thinks happened to Lice. She thinks that someone picked him of. Her deductive reasoning is that a man came to their house, and then Lice took of. Then when the cops found her Jeep, there was blood in it.

Locker
    It holds my books and papers,
    keeps my stuff from getting lost.
    Even though it has a combination,
    it always opens when I need it.

19. BOOK: (silent mumbling to self about not having a single book to read)(sudden shouting)
    PROMPT: Creative
    SIDE NOTES: I have found an amazing new YouTuber. That is all. Also, any pokemon fan here should check out the TwitchPlaysPokemon stream. Google it. BTW, food is overrated. (But about the last part, I mean to offend no one, I refer to the world in general.)

Creative:
    TwitchPlaysPokemon
    Flappy Bird
    Vsauce
    One Direction
    Google+
    Facebook
    Pi Day
    May the Fourth
    Memes
    TV Tropes
    Technology has not only combined culture,
    but it has separated it’s own culture.
    Pop Culture
    Internet Culture
    Different entities
    Constant War
    Constant Peace
    Constant Change
    Only one thing in common.
    Constant Knowledge
    And lack of constant use.

20. I am here to cover two books that I have read this week. Yes. Two 🙂 A huge accomplishment.

Sea of Monsters- Rick Riordan- Love this dude’s writing. Greek mythology morphed to fit the modern world is just hilarious and page-turning. This is the second book in the Percy Jackson, a series I highly recommend. Anyway there is a magical tree at the borders of a demigod camp that Percy attends, and it keeps monsters from entering the camp and attacking the demigods. When someone poisons the tree, then borders become weak and the camp is at risk of being destroyed. Percy and his friends Annabeth and Tyson embark on a quest to retrieve the golden fleece, a magical item that strengthened everything about nature. I will stop here to prevent spoiling the ending.

Titan’s Curse- Another Riordan- Third book in the Percy Jackson series. In this installment a simple rescue mission escalates into a full out quest to rescue a goddess and Annabeth, who was kidnapped by a manticore. Percy is the most worried about Annabeth’s kidnapping, which will prove important later in the book. Great book, better than Sea of Monsters in my opinion, but I guess that’s for you to decide if you read the books.

That wraps up my blogging this week. At night 🙂

21. (this is also the story of how Corbo screwed up, again…) Corbot didn’t realize it but he had made a mistake in the calibration in the machine, so we can’t say it was entirely Corbo who screwed up but when he saw that the cockpit wasn’t big enough to fit him he had to remove some things including the calibration settings (which, luckily yet unwittingly, he threw in the trunk). Without the calibration settings the time machine would not go to the right time or place, that’s like taking a hammer to the engine of a BMW blindfolded you’re most likely to hurt it but theres a chance that you could do it some good, unfortunately Corbo had to be a majority. When Corbo fired up the machine he assumed everything was in place, except the things that he threw in the trunk, and the vanished in a column of smoke and light instantly followed by a bang that only the time barrier could produce. Corbo also heard a bang but it was followed by white smoke and the crunch of lead on bone, he looked to his left and saw a man who had fallen victim to the bullet… strangely the man was in a blue uniform with the label Connecticut regiment he looked to the white smoke and saw a man in grey running away. Corbo checked the time on the time machine and it read eight-thirty 1862, Corbo later stole a uniform and found that the name of the man who’d had his leg pulverized and what was left amputated was Cyrus Trask a private in the Connecticut regiment of the Union army, which only meant one thing, Corbo was trapped in a war with no way out thanks to his own stupidity.

22. hey you guys I know ya’ll have missed me this week because my stupid computer screen had to stop working so know I’m going to have to get it fixed..so yay!

Monday

Still I Rise
    by Maya Angelou

You may write me down in history
    With your bitter, twisted lies,
    You may trod me in the very dirt
    But still, like dust, I’ll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
    Why are you beset with gloom?
    ‘Cause I walk like I’ve got oil wells
    Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
    With the certainty of tides,
    Just like hopes springing high,
    Still I’ll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
    Bowed head and lowered eyes?
    Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
    Weakened by my soulful cries.

Does my haughtiness offend you?
    Don’t you take it awful hard
    ‘Cause I laugh like I’ve got gold mines
    Diggin’ in my own back yard.

You may shoot me with your words,
    You may cut me with your eyes,
    You may kill me with your hatefulness,
    But still, like air, I’ll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
    Does it come as a surprise
    That I dance like I’ve got diamonds
    At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history’s shame
    I rise
    Up from a past that’s rooted in pain
    I rise
    I’m a black ocean, leaping and wide,
    Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
    Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
    I rise
    Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear
    I rise
    Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
    I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
    I rise
    I rise
    I rise.

Repetition- “Rise” she repeats this word to show she has overcome or risen above racism.
    Symbolism – “You may trod me in the very dirt but still, like dust ill rise” is an important line in this poem because it tells what she it try to say in this poem that no matter how many people treat her differently or unjustly because her race she will not and refuses to give up. The main symbolism in that line was the rising dust I mean for dust to rise, it must be lifted from the ground in order for it to leave and rise, which represents Angelou’s overcoming of racism. she uses metaphoric imagery to express the hateful racism she received from others. When she repeats the words” I rise” 5 times at the end it puts an emphasis and the theme of the poem.

Tuesday
    William Shakespeare
    My mistress’ eyes are nothing like the sun;
    Coral is far more red than her lips’ red;
    If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
    If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
    I have seen roses damask’d, red and white,
    But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
    And in some perfumes is there more delight
    Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
    I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
    That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
    I grant I never saw a goddess go;
    My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:
    And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
    As any she belied with false compare.
    In this poem describes a loved one I mean he made it clearly human but at points in the story he is degrading her. I mean yes of coursed love poetry from his time and our time are different but the line “And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare / As any she belied with false compare” (13-14), where Shakespeare clearly expresses that he is mocking the love poems of his time or love poems in general I can’t quite connect those pieces together yet. Ok I just research a line and apparently this poem was very similar to another man’s poem Thomas Watson. In a way I think this poem and his Shakespeare ment to mock Watson’s poem., because the line ” “Coral is far more red than her lips” is similar and contrast with his “Her lips more red than any Corall stone” so what I collected from this Shakespeare says its stupid to try and compare people to nature? maybe? If you look at it each verse is another way of saying why you do you compare the two but Shakespeare does make the point even though they aren’t equal you can love them both. At first I thought that he was insulting the mistress but it completely different. In the line “I grant I never saw a goddess go; / My mistress when she walks treads on the ground” he say she is human and thats why he loves her for that while the other poetry of his time have qualities women really don’t posses( BTW I had to do a lot of research for this!!!)

Wednesday- Adverbial phrases

1.) Bob nodded as if he understood
    2.) Meet me at the mall
    3.)Without thinking, he turned down the road
    4.) They must date before 5th block
    5.)Put the flowers by the bird bath
    6.)Sometimes i dont clean under my bed
    7.)She went online for more information.
    8.)In the forest many creatures snarl and growl.
    9.)I will never do that, not in a million years.
    10.)Dad spoke softly to calm her fears.
    11.)They have a house by the ocean.
    12.)She slammed the door in a huff.
    13.)We will reconvene on the 25th of next month.
    14.)Whenever I remember, I smile
    15.)She took some time of for a much needed vacation.
    16.)At every possible turn, problems blocked his path.
    17.)I saw a lot of trash beside the highway.
    18.)He decided to join a gym to get in shape.
    19.)Every time Jane runs the can opener, the dog comes to the kitchen.
    20.)We strolled through the garden.
    21.)With much consideration, he made his decision.
    22.)Put the flowers by the birdbath.
    23.)Jose always arrives sooner than the other students.
    24.)She flew the plane between two buildings.

Thursday- Adjective Phrases

1.)The movie was not too terribly long.
    2.)A person smarter than me needs to figure this out.
    3.)The final exams were unbelievably difficult.
    4.)This pie is very delicious and extremely expensive.
    5.)Everyone was extremely delighted when the winner was announced.
    6.)The new outfit was very pricey but really beautiful.
    7.)Mom said the cost of a car is way too high.
    8.)Faster than a speeding bullet, Superman was finished in no time.
    9.)Students upset about the rising cost of tuition staged a rally.
    10.)That complex has quite small but cheap apartments.
    11.)Her eyes were very mesmerizing to the young man.
    12.)The highly emotive actor gave a wonderful performance.
    13.)Your apple pie smells very tempting.
    14.)Eating out is usually not very healthy.
    15.)The extremely tired kitten fell asleep by her food dish.
    17.)She is rather fond of skiing.
    18.)By the end of the date, I was fairly bored with him.
    19.)The overly enthusiastic fans painted their bodies with the team’s colors
    20.)A dog covered in mud makes a mess in a car.
    21.)The valedictorian was far too serious about her GPA.
    22.)A tapestry beautifully stitched by hand is worth the cost.
    23.)Cowboys riding into the sunset were in the final scenes of many movies.
    24.)The foundation is raising money for children deformed with birth defects.
    25.)That movie is getting scarier and scarier.
    26.)I really wanted to paint it eggplant purple.

Friday- Phrases

Noun

1.)The lost and bewildered tourist
    2.)The senile old man
    3.)A wet and stinky dog
    4.)Many cases of infectious disease
    5.)Some cookies shaped like stars
    6.)A story as old as time
    7.)Long and winding road
    8.)A cool wet afternoon

Verb

1.)He was waiting for the rain to stop.
    2.)Watching the pot, he was upset when it didn’t boil.
    3.)You have been sleeping for a long time.
    4.)You might enjoy a massage.
    5.)He was eager to eat dinner.

Gerhund

1.)Taking my dog for a walk
    2.)Walking in the rain
    3.)Strolling along a beach at sunset
    4.)Getting a promotion
    5.)Signing autographs
    6.)Going for ice cream
    7.)Singing for his supper
    8.)Getting a sore back
    9.)Pulling an all-nighter
    10.)Sailing into the sunset

Infinitive

1.)Everybody loves to watch movies.
    2.)To make lemonade, you have to start with lemons.
    3.)I tried to see the stage, but I was too short.
    4.)She organized a boycott to make a statement.
    5.)To see Niagara Falls is mind-boggling.
    6.)He really needs to get his priorities in order.
    7.)The company decided to reduce hours for everyone.
    8.)To donate time or money is an honorable thing.
    9.)I went to Spain to study the language and culture

Appositive

1.)My favorite pastime, needlepoint, surprises some people.
    2.)Her horse, an Arabian, was her pride and joy.
    3.)My wife, the love of my life, is also my best friend.
    4.)A cheetah, the fastest land animal, can run 70 miles an hour.
    5.)His goal, to retire at 40, is unrealistic.
    6.)My idea, to recycle the paper, was accepted by the boss.
    7.)The Florida panther, the state animal of Florida, is an endangered animal

Partacipile

1.)Washed with my clothes, my cell phone no longer worked.
    2.)Knowing what I know now, I wish I had never come here.
    3.)I am really excited, considering all the people that will be there.
    4.)We are looking forward to the movie, having seen the trailer last week.
    5.)The happy dog ran the entire length of the park, pausing only to sniff the dandelions.
    6.)Painted a brilliant white, the small room appeared bigger.
    7.)The lake, frozen over all winter, was finally thawing.

Prepositional

1.)On the table
    2.)By the book
    3.)Over the rainbow
    4.)In the dark of night
    5.)Between a rock and a hard place
    6.)For a while
    7.)Of strawberries and cream
    8.)Against all odds

Absolute

1.)His tail between his legs, the dog walked out the door.
    2.)Picnic basket in hand, she set off for her date.
    3.)The guys attacked the pile of nachos, their fingers getting the last bit of cheese off the plate.
    4.)Their heads hanging down, the whole group apologized.
    5.)The entire team, their uniforms muddy and stained, shouted for joy.

DONE FIANLLY !!! SHOUT OUT 2 MY HOME SLICE MR.MAYFIELD (PAY NO ATTENTION TO WHAT TIME THIS WAS POSTED I GOT HOME FROM SOFTBALL AND WENT STRAIGHT TO IT SO..) GOODNIGHT!!!

23. Its 3.14159… I listed like the first 100 digits in one of the stories i wrote once, in your class (6 labors from Mr. Scott)