got my lucky leprechaun socks on, and i’m chillin’…

okay, so obviously the blog was down for the weekend – sorry about that…

“william t. sherman” – biography on civil war leader – who actually served as head of the military for 15 years afterward – as i told my dad last week, it’s interesting b/c the guy used to be known for burning up the south – today though, the eco havoc he reigned with the buffalo and with the native americans would get him in much hotter PC trouble – history is always changing like that – great read

“trusting teachers with school success” – i had high hopes for this book – and then i realized i wasn’t a teacher that could be trusted – and so i skim read through the rest to get to…

“racing weight” – the one and only book about endurance athletes and keeping/holding/losing weight – fascinating read – there was a lot more there than i suspected – the author knew much more than i thought might be in there – and so i took my time and enjoyed the book – and learned a few things (like why eating right after long runs is significantly better than not)

“dl moody” – this one was finished sunday – after i usually blog – so i give permission to write about this one next week – i always fear i won’t finish a book in a week – anyway, moody was an influential Christian thinker in the late 1880s/1890s – even though he really never went to school – i guess that means he never had to deal with a blog being moody…

one week to break, five weeks to boston

maf

38 thoughts on “got my lucky leprechaun socks on, and i’m chillin’…”

1. Sorry Mr. Maf, but I have to do this. And if you want proof of my increase of reading, look at this. I’m on the 9th chapter, 91st page, of The Cole Protocol. The Cole Protocol is a Halo book with a handful of important people, places, and details scattered across the different chapters. Up until chapter nine, the book was setting up an epic battle that can be inferred by the reader. The major people in the event soon to be happening are Lieutenant Keys, Ignatio Delgado, and the Gray Team (three UNSC Spartains named Adriana, Jai, and Mike). The place for the battle is a group of asteroids called Rubble, 23 Librae. Rubble is a refugee camp/mining facility for the outer colonies. The people there are trading with a group of bird-like aliens called Kig-Yar, they’re the ones hunting after what could be the last navigational datadase in what’s left of the outer colonies. The details on the nav data isn’t too specific. All the book states about it is that it’s on a UNSC cargo ship named the Kestrel. The reason the book is named “The Cole Protocol” is because a Marine, Admirel Cole, has devised a protocol to take defense agains the Covanent, the badguys in the halo games/books/movies, when they are incountered or capured. The protocol states that if contact with covanent is made, then the navigations are to be deleted and the ship should slipspace jump to random coordinates. It also states that if a UNSC ship is to be captured by a covanent ship, they are to self-destuct in order to keep the coordinates of Earth and the other inner colonies safe. That’s not even where I am in the book. That’s just a brief 8 chapters.

2. Alright, so now I’m going to do the biggest blog of all. 40 minutes, THE MONSTER BLOG!!!!!

I’m going to do a 10 min creative, 10 min. regular, another 10 min. creative, and lastly another 10 min. regular.

Myself

I don’t understand myself sometimes. It’s like, sometimes a whole new person emerges, takes control of my thoughts, emotions, and descision making, and the real me sits to the side and watches them take control. I hate it. It just…frustrates me. It makes me sin when I should not-which is always. It makes me sad, dissapointed, and let down-the fact that those actions are somewhere down inside of me. It also scares me…of what I might do, or say, or think. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I wish I could just rip out my soul sometimes and pluck that bit of evil out, and flush it down the toilet, never to be seen or heard of again. It’s not who I am, but no one ever forgets that it happened. The saying might be “forgive and forget”, but actions are truly never forgotten;the embarrassing moments all the same. I just wish you could control this little monster. Pull his reigns and tell him to stop. But I can’t. Consequently, I have to pay the price, as well at others around me. I wish it also had an off switch, that could be turned off never to be turned on again. It just enrages me. I clench my fists and grit my teeth just thinking about it. If only these lemons were less sour.

Alright, I’ll come back in a minute to do part two.

3. Hunger Games
    “What would you do if you got your hands on that food that the careers have?” Asked Rue. “Burn it. Dump it in the lake. Soak it in fuel.” Katniss says poking Rue’s belly like she does to Prim back at her district. “Eat it!” Rue giggles. “Don’t worry, I’ll think of something. Destroying things is much easier than making them.” Katniss tells Rue, in a soothing voice. Then for a while, they dig roots and gather berries that they know is safe, and some greens. They also talk about some plans.
    ————————————————————————————–
    They then come up with a plan.
    That is all for today read tomorrow!

4. Hunger Games
    Katniss and Rue split up some of the greens, berries, and roots that they picked. Just in case that they get split up over the night. Katniss gave Rue her sleeping bag. “Won’t you get cold over night?” Rue asked. “Not if I steal some stuff from there pile.” Katniss says. Then rue teaches a mocking jay call just at the last min.. “bah, bee, boo, who” Rue sings. “Ok, got it!” Katniss says. Katniss goes out to find the food. As Katniss sits in a tree, smoke comes up from the trees. Rue must have had set off the first fire. The people guarding the food left. Katniss saw the sack of apple’s. She shot an arrow at the sack. it opened and apples fell onto the ground. Just then, “BOOOOOOOOOM!” The ground blew open!
    That is all for today! Read tomorrow!!! 🙂 😉

5. hi people! if u are not wearing green, PINCH!!!

Saint Patrick
    Tiny leprechauns

Pot of Gold
    Alot of pinching
    The lucky ones
    Rainbow
    Irish
    Coins
    Kids in green
    Shamrocks

Dancing
    At NIGHT
    Yaaay!

sorry ran out of stuff there at the end 🙂

6. Since Corbo was stuck in the Union army with no way out he did the thing any man would had done, he went south. Corbo joined the 24th Alabama regiment and went to war. Unfortunately the Regiment had to surrender in Salisbury and Corbo though that he had to escape the Union or find his time machine which was, maybe for the best, in Connecticut. Corbo decided to run the risk of finding the broken machine and trying to put it back together. Corbo never found his time machine because the Yankees had taken it off to their fancy labs that were non existent down in Dixie. Although Corbo had never found that darn time machine, he ran into someone he hadn’t seen since 1862 or four years (Lee’d surrendered), Cyrus Trask. Cyrus had taken quite the hit when Lincoln was shot, still hasn’t quite gotten over it, but he had a wife and a son but then his wife committed… and then Corbo woke up from the strangest dream of the Civil War of his life.

7. I mean are you quoting the book line for line or what? It shouldnt take 3 months to read the hunger games sarah.

8. alternate ending:

I would change the ending of a really cheesy book called my zombie goldfish. I would make it end like the little boy was dreaming. He would wake up in fear and have his older brother comfort him, telling him it was a dream. The little boy would look around and see his gold fish with non-zombie eyes and drift off to sleep again.

now for an acrostic.
    Helping others
    Arts and crafts
    Praying
    Painting
    Imagining
    Napping
    Eating
    Singing
    Shopping

this is what makes me happy!!

9. I need a book! Since I finished East of Eden, I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a book for any long drive to and from with some to still read if you plan on traveling for spring break. (warning not for the wimps who stop reading a book after a curse word or five million).

10. Don’t think my link posted.
    Google “man forced to eat beard.” LAUGHED SO HARD.
    AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!!!!!! 🙂

11. I’M BACK AT LAST!!!! Since I’ve been gone, I’ve been thinking about how mellow and sad everyone had to have been since I was gone, and for you sixth graders who don’t know me just remember, I GOT THE BEST INTROS AND THEY’RE ALL COPYRIGHTED SO USE THEM AT THE RISK OF YOUR WELL BEING.

aaaaaaaaaaanyway, this blog shall be of the creative sort. It is the story of a brave soul who showed great resolve in the face of what seemed insurmountable. His name was Huckleberry though it is pronounced huckleburr ( if you’re one of his backwoods buddies) and he was a proud weekend warrior. One rather cold mondee (Monday) murnin (morning), huckleberry got a call from one of his buddies. His friend said hey huckleburr yew gawn nayd tu bah gaytin y’all self awn dawn haw. So huckleberry donned his camoflauge jacket over his camoflauge overalls and jumped in his camoflauged truck with a home made lift kit made of, you guessed it, duct tape. As huckleberry cruised down the road he heard a very loud explosion from behind him. Huckleberry looked behind him and noticed what looked to be a military humvee firing grenades it his truck. As huckleberry tried to speed up, he felt his back tires pop. His car screeched to a halt and huckelberry thought “I reckon I best be a gettin ma gun now” he reached behind his camoflauge seat and got his camoflauge twelve gauge shot gun and loaded up three slugs and two buckshot shells. As he got out of his truck.he noticed what appeared to be three lil china folk gettin out that thur humvee. Huckleberry r n around behind his truck and saw a bullet engter his truck and thought oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh. I NO DAT FOO AIN’T JUST BE DUN PUT A BULLET THROUGH MY RIDE AWWW DAT AIN’T Be RIGHT. .

12. Hey peeps! So here are a couple of blogs…

“Return”
    The inner being of you…
    It’s the character…
    The soul and the heart…
    The places where you don’t want
    Anyone to see…
    The places you act like
    Are never there but
    You can feel it
    Jesus washed our feet…
    The king of kings
    And my father…
    Washed my feet!
    Our feet is like are heart
    They need to be cleansed
    Sometimes! These things
    Are neglected…and
    Kinda put aside…but
    Our soul and heart need
    To be cleansed…and they
    Have been with the blood
    Of Christ!

But there are dark
    Dark places in the core of our being
    Dark places that will be with us
    Till my father, and yours. Will
    Bring up the new Jerusalem!
    But till that day…till he returns.

Most just sit aside…doing nothing
    Just going through the motions
    But some are outsiders…
    And we come together and
    Glorify our God, to the fullest
    Extent.

Everyone you encounter…will
    Go somewhere for eternity…if
    You live your life out…and follow
    The steps of Jesus, you will live
    With him in paradise! And we
    Need to effect the world…
    God loves everyone…even
    Those who deny him! But if
    You turn away from God
    The pit…the firey pit of
    Death and sin…will swallow
    You… And you will be
    There for eternity
    Jesus is the ONLY way
    To go to heaven…
    He is my God
    And I have given my crown
    To the one true KING
    Amen.

13. This week I’ve been reading a great book called countdown.
    It’s about a young maasai herder and a young astronaut. The book is split between the two characters lives. In the begging of each chapter you are reading the respective of the young astronaut Elliot. In the second part of each chapter you are reading the perspective of Vincent ole Tome a young maasai herder who wants to learn more about white mans way. More about Countdown later.

14. (This is my first time blogging so don’t except to be great) I was in my room (all alone because have no friends), and I found The Grimm Legacy. I never finished it and wasn’t very far in the book either. In the story Elizabeth lives with her single dad, because he mom has passed away, and her two step sisters. One day she is given a job at a library which has lots of interesting items, like a wig once worn by Marie Antoinette, but while she’s there she’s notices strange things are happening… (TO BE CONTINUED)

15. Alright, now I’m going to do my last 10 min. creative.

Light’

I can feel it coming from deep down in my soul.
    I can’t kkeep a straight face, when your really happy inside.
    I guess the only reason I don’t want it to come out, is a matter of pride.
    Forget pride.
    I let it out.
    A magical feeling of joy arises and flows vividly.
    I question why I tried to hide it.
    I love it.
    Wh hide something you love?
    It’s basically like stuffing your girlfriend into your closet, thinking you should let her out, but not wanting to beause your friends will think your’e not tough, or a scumbag.
    Theoretically, of course.
    So I let it out.
    Just because I love my girlfriend.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Only 20 more minutes (my make ups from last week) or blogging left!

16. Iowa lost, no more perfect bracket. 🙁 but who cares golf match vs jccs today, yes got my polo on and ready 2 hit.

17. igottodo2blogskk

shy
    quiet, hidden
    laughing, talking, singing
    crazy, wild
    outspoken

toddler
    learning, playing
    mature, teaching, wise
    grown, old
    elder

AND

Sunshine
    Pollen
    Rainy
    It’s allergy season
    Nice weather
    Green grass

BYEEEE

18. I’m waiting for the last book of the rot and ruin series to come in until them im reading the year of the hangman.

Creighton,a young troublesome boy,is sent to america after he was kidnapped.when he arrived to america he was met by his uncle,colonel grower,who told him he will be of actual help around the place.they set sell down south tho take Creighton to another base when they were attacked by rebels and taken captive.

19. If you don’t know who I am don’t bother to guess (no, I’m not Batman, I wish I was, but I’m not). So we are a day till divergent comes out (i need to re-read that book to see what they forgot besides Uriah), one day till Friday, and one day till the Oscars are tallied and the winner is announced. So in my (un-)infinite library of books I go back to either the Veronica Roth trilogy, The Inheritance Cycle, or The Hunger Games.

20. so, how’s it been?

well, me, i should know, because, i like, stalk people.

(thank you anna, my trusted sidekick, for that special comment.)

yes, we stalkers have birthdays too. 🙂

anyway, i finished reading THE HUNGER GAMES, and am now on CATCHING FIRE. sometimes i don’t get myself. i can go through a chapter book that’s about five inches thick in less than a week. me, it took me less than a week to read THE HUNGER GAMES. it was amazing, and full of adventure and action. probably one of my favorite chapters in the whole entire book was when *SPOILER ALERT FOR ANY OF YOU WHO HAVEN’T READ THE HUNGER GAMES* Katniss finds Rue trapped, and then right as she sees Rue, a spear kills Rue and Katniss gets angry and shoots an arrow in the dude standing next to Rue (who presumably shot the spear in the first place). and afterwards, Katniss decorates Rue’s body with flowers and sings to her before the hovercraft appears to take her body away. i almost CRIED at that part.

now, i’m on CATCHING FIRE, and i’ve only got as far as when Katniss explains what a Quarter Quell is and then gets on the train for the Victory Tour and Peeta shows her his artwork. yeah, it’s actually pretty cool, so far.

well, i’m working from an Android Tablet this week, so i will not be able to post the latest addition of my new story to the blog. 🙁

so, as a replacement, i will write a *peom* for this week as my creative. 🙂

“The Twelvth Hour”
    by Blue H.

I saw your eyes
    they glimmered with the sky
    and lit up like fireflies.

The stars danced
    around your face
    circling your head
    like a halo.

Your feet
    they touched the clouds
    Your hands
    they caught the moon
    Your eyes
    they were the stars
    Your dress
    was the Auroura Borealis
    Your face
    it is universe.

Each galaxy
    is a freckle on your unblemished face,
    your soft, glowing, radiant face.

Your delicate fingers
    touched the earth
    and became
    the atmosphere.

Your feet are the clouds,
    soft, light, and never trodden

21. Creative Writing 20 min.

It was under 1 minute and the Florida Gators were squaring off against Doug McDermott and the Creighton Bluejays in the NCAA March Madness Championship. Florida was up 78-74 and Creighton had the ball. Doug McDermott drove inside and hit a jump shot and got fouled. He hit the free throw and made it a 1 point game with 0:38 left. Florida shot a three and missed and Creighton rebounded. They called a timeout with 0:30 left. The plan was to let Doug McDermott try to drive in and get fouled and hit his free throws at the line. They inbounded to McDermott and sure enough Casey Prather fouled him. But it was an on the floor so reighton had to inbound again with 0:24 left. They threw the ball in to McDermott again and he missed a three pointer and Florida rebounded. Creighton quickly fouled Florida. They hit both free throws. So it was 80-77 Florida’s way and Creighton had no timeouts. They quickly pulled up a fadeaway three and made it! Florida hurried dwn the court as it was tied with 0:09 left. They gave the ball to Casey Prather who sent it down low to Patric Young with 0:04 and Young drove as close as he could to the basket and put up a lay-up. 3,2,1,. BUZZZZZZ. It rolled around the rim like a toilet being flushed. And it fell in! Everyone on the Florida bench went crazy and dog-piled Patric Young. Coach Billy Donovan cut down the net and took many pictures. While Creighton was so dissapointed. They were so close to doing the unthinkable. Florida had had a great season. They went undeafeted in the S.E.C. and were now the 2014 NCAA College Basketball Champs!

22. SORRY!! WASN’T FINISHED YET!! I HIT SUBMIT ON ACCIDENT!!!
    *******************************************************************

Your feet are the clouds,
    soft, light, and never trodden
    on anything but air.

You are beautiful.
    You
    are
    the
    Twelfth Hour.
    ~

well, that was my blog for the week. hopefully i’ll be able to post my newest addition to my story next week.

BLUE HOOD, PEACE OUT!! 🙂

23. This week I’m reading Wednesday Wars. I just got to the part where Holling is buying cream-puffs for the whole class. The only thing is since he didn’t have enough money he has to do Shakespeare for a holiday special thing. The reason I’m reading this again is because I like the style of writing. Also because I’m considering reading The Tempest. My reason for wanting to read it is because Holling says it’s full of action and danger.
    The reason Holling knows Shakespeare is because the “evil” Mrs. Baker, his teacher, is making him read it. The reason he came to like Shakespeare is because of the Caliban curses in The Tempest.

24. Read 2 books this week

Battle of the Labyrinth- Rick Riordan- Fourth book in the Percy Jackson series. This one covers a quest for Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and Tyson to venture into the deep, dark, and dangerous maze called the Labyrinth, a huge maze designed by Daedalus, the son of Athena. They meet many dangerous things in the maze- monsters, old enemies, new enemies, and even a goddess.

The Last Olympian- Rick Riordan- Fifth and last book in the Percy Jackson series. Percy finally gets to hear the Great Prophecy, and he now has to go save the world, first by blowing up the Princess Andromeda, the cruise ship that Luke has that is full of monsters. The demigods must fight Kronos and his humongous army alone, due to the gods being occupied fighting the giant Typhon. The battle takes place in Manhattan, and many twists and turns occur throughout the book, and many secrets that you never thought about to where the ending brings it all together but at the same time makes you wonder What now?.

I’m working on the first book in the spin-off series, The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan. Hopefully I’ll have it finished by next week.

25. Hunger Games
    Katniss flew accross the floor. Her left ear was bleeding ang both were blank, she could not here a thing. Her leg was messed up pretty bad to. When she tried to get up to go find Rue, she was to weak to walk that far. Well it was to far for her to walk and not get cought by Cato and his posse. Then as she kept wathching she thought it was all that boy’s falt for how he set the bombs. Then Cato must have thought the same thing because when they came running back to the food. His head took a sharp turn at the boy’s face witch his expression was horrified, and yelled something at the boy and Katniss did not know what he said. Then Cato’s hands went up to the boys neck and twisted his head so hard that it killed him.
    That is all for today.

26. Hunger Games
    Since Cato’s snapped the boy’s head so hard, the cannon went off almost right after Cato’s hands left the boy’s face. Cato’s posse tried to calm him down by patting him on his back and sheltering him like they were his mommy’s. Katniss thought that another cannon was about to fire. She thought that he was about to kill his posse any second, how mad he looked. Katniss was worried about what Cato had said earlier when they saw the smoke up out of the trees, “If we find her, I am going to kill her my way, and no one needs to stand in the way… or you will be next.” She thought if she did not fing a hiding plase soon that Cato would find her and new that if he did. She new her death would be a slowly painful one. So she climed up a tree and sat there over night.
    That is all for today. I promise! 🙂 😉 🙂 😉

27. Alright, so I’m going to spend twenty minutes talking about a book that I picked up a few weeks ago, that I started reading in SIXTH GRADE!!! Suprisingly, I was able to pick it up without having to read back. Nice one, brain. So, let me tell you about what’s gone on since I’ve started reading again.

Cass and Max-Earnest are still in the spa with Ms. Mauvis and Dr. L. After Mrs. Mauvis drops a glove and accidentally reveals her old, cringy hands. She also reveals that she bought the gloves ninety years ago-she claims to be in her twenties-which gives away a little to much to much to Cass and Max-Earnest. They have made the connection;the Midnight Sun, the special treatments, everything all makes sense now. Dr. L. realizes what’s happening and questions the kids of the journal’s whereabouts. Cass and Max-Earnest play dumb at first, but finally give in and give him the journal. Dr. L. soon became enraged at the fat that he couldn’t find anything written in it, and claims that the kids ripped them out before he got his hands on it. The tension is built, and I’m excited to read about what’s next!

Alrightey, that’s 40 MINUTES of total blog time this week. Wow. I’m speechless.

28. Yankees VS Braves

Braves up to bat, Anthony Varvaro, pitching CC Sibathia. firdt pitch will be a ball, next pitch ball, third pitch a strike, next pitch Anthony hist it to short stop and gets out at first. Next up to bat is Mike Minor. First pitch is a ball on the inside, next pitch hits Mike in the arm, so he takes his base. With one out and a runner on first, Carlos Perez is up and the first pitch he hits in between second and first base. That will make it one out and a runner on fist and second with Ervin Santana up to the plate. CC Sibathia still pitching first pitch is an inside strike, second pitch a ball on the outside corner, third pitch Ervin hit a fly ball up and third baseman catches it to make it two outs. With one more out to go and Jonny Venters up to bat, first pitch a swing and a miss, second pitch a ball, next pitch is a srike and the fifth pitch is a swing and a miss by Jonny Venters. So that will end half the inning. 🙂

29. I read the magazine for mrs lickwLas room and it was interesting enough for me to put it on here. One of the magazines a while ago and it was telling how much the best paid athletes were getting paid and the boxers were the one getting paid the most at 90 mil. The basketball player lebron James made like 60 million a year. This new magazine was about China and how they are moving people to more urban areas and plowing there old homes to make the cities bigger and they have lots if skyscrapers to fit a lot of people in one small space. Another thing they were talking about was whether monkey should have rights or not and for now they are saying no but one man wants them to because they can think for themselves and things but the others think that because they are not humans that they dont need rights. I think they should not be kept in cages or in apartment that they should be kept in the wild or a wildlife reserve

30. Me and St. k just an adventure at Sammy’s ( not the one in Birmingham, but in wilsonville.) A dog just jumped out of the window beside us, had to chase it and tell so done in the store that worked there that a dog just jumper out of a window. Kaitlin was chasing the dog through the parking lot!!!

31. SSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG
    BBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAKKKKKKK
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

32. sorry for not being in your class mayfield. 🙁
    My mom told me that she had a suprize for me on friday morning, and I kind of figured that she was going to check me out because, that morning there was a note on the itchn counter that I was not supposed to read and I read it and it read, “Pick sarah up at 9:40… say she has a soor throught.” so hen i new and she also did not send me a lunch box. And when i called home my dad was not picking up, nethier was my mom. But my mom was at work.
    ————————————————————————————– But me and St. K still had fun at sammy’s in wilsonville… Does it not scare you that my sister csn drive… AND IS DRIVING ME AROUND WILSINVILLE! I would be scared if I was on the road at the same time my sister is!
    ————————————————————————————–So sorry again about not going to your class… I know i bugs you when kids arn’t in your class on the last days of holldays.
    ————————————————————————————–SSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG
    BBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAKKKKKK
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

33. sarah, you were missed – st. k driving is pretty amazing

spring break is good right now – I’m not going to be happy when the weather gets colder

maf

34. Is anyone else seeing the Dayton/Syracuse game? They should have the Dromios doing commentary. That would be interesting.