well, hey, a blog for monday…

so this will be an interesting “first”…

“Schools of Hope” – great book about one of Sears early presidents – who invested in the building of 5,000 plus African-American school buildings in the South from 1910-30 – he sponsored at least three in Shelby County – one looked to be in the Columbiana area – the book was a fascinating read – good without being preachy – the photographs alone were amazing

“Madamoiselle” – biography of Coco Chanel – the lady that gave us pretty purses and colognes:) Chanel was definitely an interesting read – she was abandoned by her father – the dad just left the kids after the mom died – Chanel had nothing to her name at 18 – and there were no options for women at that time – so what she did with her life was just amazing – that said, what she with the Nazis, collaborating during their occupation of France in WWII – that part was pretty unforgiveable to me – so forgive me if I go off on the next interlocking CC purse I see… 🙂

hope to get back to my story some time this week – first up is creating tests for the seventh grade to use across the county this year – yipee!!!

maf

58 thoughts on “well, hey, a blog for monday…”

1. Sidney… I insist you read Cinder….

It might be the BOB talking, but i doubt it… but still, I insist you read it.

2. I thought you meant 6th grade/rising 7th graders. Not the new sixth graders, you have to make them suffer first

3. ok and no not points! man but do I have to read them I am having fun looking at the wall of Dr.Who and watching it. By the way I saw some peps today at the parade but no Mayfield for shame I saw Austin and bradon witch I have no clue why he was there because he just argues wiith his brother or makes people crazy. I might be joking idk yet.
    Oh and on the 27 I am FINALLY going to the beach for the FIRST time cause of my mother and her being scared or whats the word I am looking for
    ? any of sharks and spiders! I am having fun this summer after I got ungrounded but that’s a different story but anyway Binder girl no I really didn’t like the book so I wont read it but go ahead and find me and kill me and blame it on Kaitlynn but the detective will know it was you or fred but like I said go ahead you wont find me anyway I live in the middle of nowhere wich explains my grades t anyway Mayfield have a summer and and if I misspelled wordsbove idont care.
    GO TEAM DR.WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. “Don’t let yesterday use too much of today.”
    -This line, a Cherokee proverb, means that you should live in the present. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
    -This line, said by Dr. Seuss, means that you should learn from events, and/or that things happen for a reason.
    “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it’s better to be absolutely rediculous than absolutely boring.”
    -Marilyn Moneoe meant that it’s better to be who you are, than something people think is regular.
    “We’re all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
    -Oscar Wilde meant that everybody can be down, or are/were in difficult situations, though some people see what they can be or the good that come of something.

5. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
    -This, stated by Nelson Mandela, means that no one will ever not fail, and that you learn more/have better understandings of things if you do fail, rather than not failing at all.

“In the practice of tolerance, one’s enemy is the best teacher.
    -Stated by the Dalai Lama, this means that if you are to understand something, you must find the problem and learn from it.

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    -This, said by Lao Tzu, means that in order to accomplish something, you have to start somewhere.

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.”
    -Stated by Bruce Lee, this means that one cannot learn from an easy way of life, though if you have difficult one, you are constantly learning.

6. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
    -Said by Eleanor Roosevelt, this means that when you discuss events, plans, etc., you are thinking more when you’re conversating.
    “If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents. Value what you know & start charging for it.”
    -Kim Garst meant that if you’re good at something, or have the potential to do something, take advantage of it.
    “Let him who would enjoy a good future waste none of his present.”
    -Said by Roger Babson, this means that if a person were to plan far ahead, let him.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
    -Mark Twain meant that you need to do as much as you can, when you can, for you will wish to have later on.

7. “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.” –Kevin Kruse
    -this means that nothing is based around one sole thing, and that it is based on the bigger picture.
    “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” Napoleon Hill
    -this says that whatever you set your mind to can be achieved.
    “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” –Babe Ruth
    -this means that every mistake, failure, etc, will bring you closer to success.
    “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” –Vince Lombardi
    -this means that you don’t need to succeed, but if you have the mind set that you will, you’re already closer to success.