attack of the ready-to-be-inside kitty…

there i was, watching the bama-lsu game – alone – when BUMP!!!

Mr. Kitty showed up at the window – with his paws on the glass – belly on the window pane – saying “Okay, time for me to go in”

yep, cats can sense when i game is tense…

“spurrier” – great book – biography on gator/gamecock coach – the ole ball coach to be precise – the pacing was very off with the book, it took 120 pages to get steve to college – and the the next 30 years went by in 60 pages before we slowed down for the final 120 pages to discuss the last few years at south carolina – i was glad the game my mother and i attended at legion field in 2010 was called “the ice bowl” – i think i’m still shivering

i think i didn’t expect blogs last week but since nanowrimo doesn’t work for any sixth grader – happy blogging (or as jordan refers to it, “bloging” – which he copied from sarah anyway)

36 thoughts on “attack of the ready-to-be-inside kitty…”

1. First? It’s a no for annotating 1989 lyrics-I don’t think Mr. Baker appreciates jokes very well XD . Also Cole and I did not make Scholar’s Bowl πŸ™ . We should have told Ms. Green that we were undefeated last year, so we should automatically make the team πŸ˜‰

2. wow – stunner – cole and tyler should be on any HS squad – you have to have taylor swift mad skillz to survive in those tournaments now…

meanwhile, our team looks like we have a three tournament – maybe four – season ahead – go figure…

i just hope you three can patch things up better than spotify and the swifties…

still missed – and you guys are always first – maf

3. Wow, finished Tesla’s attic. It is in the science-social studies fiction. But the guy is a Biscuits fan, so overall, I liked the book.

4. I’m really surprised this doesn’t have that many posts. I shouldn’t be surprised, not with NaNoWriMo, but I am.

5. i’m so proud – i wrote 700 words today – personal best for a long while – i just wish it was good – oh well, another alexa died so it wasn’t too bad

6. So I’ve been studying a little bit of music recently and have come up with two conclusions. I’m going to go see Kenny G’s concert in Tennesse this year, and I’m going to (eventually) purchase a sorapno saxophone with my own money (not my parent’s) and play it. How ever, I won’t be playing it in concert band, for two main reasons. One: G hates the sound of the Soprano (don’t know why); Two: I’d rather play the other B-flat sax. (Tenor). Anyways, I would be better to have an instrument over a first car, right?

To the actual part of this that pertains to the class. Darren, Harkat, and Spits (yes that his actual name) are in a safe room that had been put bellow the cube temple (the temple of Grotescue, as Evana had called it) and eating and drinking the refreshments that Mr. Tiny had left them, as they are about to enter the last stretch of their journey to the Lake of Souls. This is where it begins to tie into somewhat biblical (and earthly) references. It’s always told that the journeys are always hard and qruelling. What is even more so evident is that the last/final bit of the jouney is the hardest and most challenging part of the entire trip. This more or less true in the biblical story of the Isreallites jouney into the Promised Land. At the end, tey complained, which might have been their down fall. I’m not entirely sure because I honestly haven’t picked up a bible in like, 3 years. So if you have more comparisons, that’s great. You get the point I’m trying to make.

Side Note for Mr.Maf (and to brag): my current word count as of this moment is 6622. I still have yet to post it on Nano Wrimo though.

7. Sure Signs of Crazy
    Sarah and Charlotte were about to paint there nails and Sarah said, “Remember last year me and you painted have of the nail one color and the other a different color!!!” “I don’t like hat anymore…” Charlotte said. “Yea, me neither…” Sarah said lying. Her face got really hot and red when she said that. Then Sarah walked out of the room to the bathroom and got out all of the different color nail polish. Sarah Painted Charlotte’s nails a pink color, she did not do her best job, because She got nervous when she was looking at her the whole time she was painting them and she did not say anything.

8. Quote
    “Am I crazy” ~Sarah Nelson
    This is a question that shouldn’t be answered by Sarah’s friends she needs to find out for herself, anyone could say she was/was not crazy but t really know she must find out on her own. Even though she knows the answer, she wants to be sure.

9. I love warriors; DAWN OF THE CLANS!!!!!! By the way, @li’l bri, don’t be a name stealer. “Great, let’s round up all of the stupid cats and hope a tree falls on them. – jayfeather.

I love scourge! He’s so evil and tiny!!!

10. Line ; “Thanks Emmett ! ” I called more loudly.
    Commentary: Bella was opening a present and Emmett was at her truck installing the radio they had gotten her for her birthday and and she was joking with them because their vampires and he was installing the radio fast and they had super-hearing and so when she called from the first floor to outside and that doesnt happen everyday especcialy with humans.

11. sadly, for sixth grade boys everywhere, li’l bri has now written more on the blog than all of their nanowrimo words – combined…

(the above sentence took impossibly long to type b/c i can’t feel my fingers after running:)

12. That’s the second time ive been called a name stealer. I said @ because i was directing my speech at you (lil bri). I dont steal names

13. Well, Scholars Bowl practice – The first of the year!! – was fun today. We had no Morgan, so Coach Smith was the fill-in for a round…

14. It definitely feels strange seeing all the week’s posts in such a small amount of space – we’ll just have to wait for the sixth graders that give up to rejoin – I’ve already got some Christmas decorations up – and for you disapprovers’ information, we will be at Disney World in a week or two and we won’t have time then – I think I should definitely use Mr. Mayfield’s pick-up line for the occasion πŸ˜‰

Here’s a short creative poem.

Dreams

Misunderstood glimpses of our emotions.
    We see them at night then forget them soon enough.
    We see them also as goals.
    We strive for them, each day.
    We need goals to get somewhere.
    Goals need us to be achieved.

15. Some people tried to do swaps and deals in the hall; and others tried to make off with minor items (Tolkien,1999)
    The items don’t even belong to them and some of them are just taking it and running away before anyone can stop them

The legend of Bilbo’s gold excited both curiosity and hope;(Tolkien,1999)
    Te gold would excite me too. He has enough to probably buy all the homes around him for miles.

If you don’t let me in, Frodo, I shall blow your door right down your hole and out through the hill,’ he said.(Tolkien,1999)
    Gandalf is mad right now, and Frodo didn’t let him In because he thought he was someone else.

He said you had pestered him till he told you, so I had better know too.(Tolkien,1999)
    Bilbo went ahead and gave him a warning about Gandalf’s pestering.

16. Back for this weeks journals, and I haven’t persuaded Mr.G about someone playing (or atleast being introduced to) a soprano sax. I’ve atleast been able to figure out one of the last parts for a song (that just so happens to make Bailey mad). So, not much progress on my book that was due about 7 days ago, but I’m making my way through and pasing it ( translation: I haven’t read my book in days). In that case, I have to improvise. Since it ties into my Chruch Life, today’s subject is on the sound booth.

This part of the church is just as important as the band,or even the pastor, and it usually goes unnoticed in their efforts. I am currently working (proudly unpaied) as the DJ and screen guy. That includes sound checks and run-throughs on Tuesday, the actual performance on Wednesday, and soon to be Children’s Curch services in the back youth room. It’s fun but incredibly exhausting. Excpecially since I’m now working on 4 mixes, with up to 48 songs on each, for my youth pastor. It takes for ever and it’s boring. I honesty don’t know how Mr. Maf can take care of the 1st graders, plus teaching, Scholars Bowl, and running. Anyways, Since JT (my older brother that is a total pain)is in the youth band, I’m probabley going to join him on stage, with a banjo. I’m sooo close to getting one and learning to play. Plus it’s ten times louder than his acoustic so I can completely cover him up on stage, while being like Ichabod and taking the palm from the parson.

Anyways, my word count hasn’t really drastically improved since my last blog. maybe only one houndred or so more. nothing big.

17. Im getting into the series the maze runner and im already on the second book in the series and I strongly reccomend the books, As they are amazing and you never expect what’s going to happen next. Anyways lets get to the dialectical journal.
    Line:she twisted back around and glared at him with fiery eyes.
    Comment: I think that this really shows Teresa’s anger towards Thomas and it does that while using the literary feature metaphor. Her eyes were not literally fiery or that would just be creepy and add to the situation. This is to show that she was glaring at him for what he’d done wrong which he nor me have any clue to what he had done.

18. Mean Kid Brandon (the guy who never has ANY intentions of talking to Le Blue Hood and is TOTALLY better than her) says:

Sup’ dudes.

*sigh* cold waffles. :(>#

So, remember how I told you that Brambleclaw and three others (Feathertail, Stormfur, and one other I can’ts remember) went on this long journy to the Sun-Drown-Place and see Midnight? Well, when they did get there, they stayed up for Midnight. Guess what?

Midnight is a talking badger.

Stooky stuff, right? So when they wait for midnight (time) to come, they get cornered by a “badger”, who then says: “Midnight has come.” Then after they sort things out, they get that Midnight is a badger, and that she has a message, that the Clans must…

~~~~~~~~~~FIND OUT NEXT WEEK~~~~~~~~~~

19. Sure signs of crazy
    The next day she walked over and a man answered the door… It was casserole man! She looked at him, she did not like him very much, she thought, who does he think he his wherein boots in the summer? When she walks in she notices that Charlotte’s brother is here. He says hi, and returns back looking at the T.V.. Then as Casserole man and Sarah stand in silence and awkwardly look at the T.V., Charlotte finally appears and says, “Do you mind if Christopher take a walk around the block?” “No,I don’t mind.” Sarah says.
    That is all for this week! πŸ™‚ Potato girl

20. My three journals for this week (: 11-13-14

Where the red fern grows……..metaphor, simile,pronoun, adjective, and dangle verbs!!!!! ha,ha,ha,ha…. anyways, on with journals. had to do that!

END: They talk about how Papa wants to go back to work but there’s so many things going on but Billy was so focused on coon hunting that he never noticed anything unusual at all but Mama too didn’t want Papa to go to work. She couldn’t do anything so she jut sat down and her belly started to hurt and Billy realized that Mama was pregnant.

END: Papa told Billy that every one was hunting in the coon hunt from all over so that,s what Billy was focused on. Then a little one piped up and said, “They can’t beat Old Dan and Little Ann,” she said,”They just can’t!.” Everyone laughed at her serious remark. Billy say’s to his self, I would have kissed her if she didn’t have candy, cornbread, and molasses on her face.

END: Billy told Papa he didn’t know good they were but if they beat mine they will have hunt harder than they ever have hunted before. After Billy had his talk about the dogs, a silence over the dining room. Everyone was looking at Pap waiting for his answer. I saw a pleased smile spread over his face. He stood straight up and said,” All right, I’ll go,” he said, “and, by golly, we’ll bring that gold cup back, too.”

Thanks!

21. creative poem

Magic

Disappearing, reappearing
    Can’t believe your eyes
    You’ve been tricked,
    Right before your eyes
    You must know more
    But No
    You know the rule
    Magician’s don’t say
    It is pure Magic

22. Alonzo Mourning

Alonzo Harding Mourning, Jr. is an American retired professional basketball player, who played most of his 15-year NBA career for the Miami Heat. Nicknamed “Zo”, Mourning played at center. Wikipedia

Born: February 8, 1970 (age 44), Chesapeake, VA
    Height: 6′ 10″ (2.08 m)
    Career start: 1992
    Career end: 2008
    -Wikipedia

Alonzo, from when he started playing basketball he was a dominant force down low. He was so mch taller and stronger than most kids he could post up and drive in and make his shots from down low. But his best attribute was his ability to block shots. On average the best NBA blockers average about 3 blocks per game. Alonzo kicked that average out the window. In one game he had 26 blocked shots. When he was in high school, he as invited to try out for the USA team. He and the coach decided he couldnt miss school and so he went to Georgetown University just like his favorite basketball player Patrick Ewing. He was drafted by the CHarlotte Hornets and reach the playoffs as a rookie. That’s where I am now.

23. Ok here’s the rest of my journals after our 45-5 win tonight over Montevallo. Trust me, if you had seen the other team it definitely wouldn’t be as impressive – but we’re 3-0 nonetheless. The girls pulled out the win tonight also – much to our expectance. Let’s just say, in the girls game, pretty much all of Montevallo’s points came from a tall girl standing in the paint the whole game.

In more important news, I scored two points – it was an and-one shot but I didnt make the free throw. I had about five steals though – the point guard looked 11 which ended up being a huge advantage on my part.

Okay here’s a poem for this week – I’m almost finished with Playing with Purpose so I’ll write about that next week.

Simplicity

sometimes
    it’s the most subtle
    underaprreciated
    joys in life
    that bring us happiness.
    seeing the CHRISTmas tree up.
    enjoying a walk in the park.
    talking with friends.
    even a visit to our grandparents’
    gives us a warm feeling inside.
    if you can’t see them
    find them.
    embrace them.
    they may not last.

24. Le Blue Hood (the girl who never has ANY intentions of talking to Mean Kid Brandon and is TOTALLY better than him) says:

okay, so…

my nanowrimo word count as of now is 2,687, and i still haven’t gotten caught up on it from last week.

so…maybe i’ll catch up to it next week. sadly, i’ve still got tons of notes from Mrs. Partridge to finish up–plus some worksheet from Mr. MacClaran, and an assignment from Mrs. Boyd. i know, right? i spent most of the night working on nanowrimo…

now my eyes hurt from staring at a computer screen for two hours…

πŸ™‚

anyway, still reading ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE by Anthony Doerr. Marie Laure is in her uncle’s house now, and she has been waiting for her chance to go and see the ocean. Her father, the locksmith, doesn’t want her out of the house for one, because she’s blind, and two, it’s WWII.

well, i hafta go. sorry to cut it short, but a stalker needs her beauty sleep.

πŸ™‚

(i’ll make up for it whenever i have time availible.)

25. Slam! Went the car door, as I got out of the car and I walked into the school. β€œHey” I say to the police that always stand’s outside of the school. Then I as I walk in I say hi to Mrs. Elizabeth (our principal). Then I took a few more steps and saw our assistant principal Mr. Preston. I said hello to him too.
    I went to sit down at my locker. As I wait I start wishing my crush would come over and sit by me. But he hasn’t asked me to go out with him yet. Here comes a group of people and him. But just one person was in between us. Only one!

26. BOOK: A Story of Stone

Prompt 1- Dialectical Journal:
    Line: “Nela didn’t know why she asked the question and regretted that she did.”
    Commentary: She had asked a character named Millard why he wanted to marry her. He had gotten courtship from her father. She was afraid and scared, as she didn’t want to marry anyone. She wanted to become a Findseeker.
    Prompt 2- Dialectical Journal:
    Line: “Jerat still didn’t understand why Lirian ran away.”
    Commentary: Lirian is a character who was supposed to be courted with one of Jerat’s brother’s, but ended up being courted with Jerat’s father. Jerat cared because he had feelings for her, so despite not understanding why, he still was grateful she did.
    Prompt 3- Point of View Change:
    I watched Jerat repeatedly visit Ro, while I had to stay back because of my duties as wife of the second quarter and as Hearth Guard. Jerat was present during the argument between the Chief and Barak. He looked frightened, knowing that he could potentially end up fighting in the resulting war. I tried to comfort him, but he rejected my comfort.
    Prompt 4- Creative:
    The Dark:
    More lurks in the inky black dark than your parents told you. When you were young, they said nothing was there, that it was all your imagination.
    They were wrong. Many things live in the dark, evil things, things that make you never come out. Things that absorb you, make you one of them, live there. They link you to a hive mind, one out of your control. You all share collective thought equal to that of your queen. I’m sorry. I truly am. I wish you didn’t fall into the dark.

27. ?lkjsdn’aoljngfrktj TEKBNA:DJH WLTG kgh w:lgnsn
    i CAN BE STUPID B/C KNOW ONE IS USEING THIS BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚