“yes, i’m here for the Billy concert, starring detective’s little sister…”

just going to be an amazing concert this sunday, good people – i hear little Bri’s going to have a jazz band/hand tribute to the work of loki…

“common thread” and “25 years: Peachtree road race” – both books about the atlanta race that i’ll be running july 4 – it’s fun to me to read about places i’ll go – i can remember things when i run – they look more familiar – if nothing else, it just makes me appreciate that people have gone before me – and hopefully, there will be 59,000 people behind me that day:)

“wild pitches” – espn writer – his best of columns – enjoyable – made me realize how much baseball i missed a few years ago – i enjoyed the statistical oddities – like the brewers guy that “stole” first – when the rangers beat the o’s 30-3

“4:09:43” – book written right after boston 2013 – stories of the runners – so getting me fired up about running next year – just a very sad book in the sense that no one can ever look back on that day and just remember running a great race – there was so much ruined

happy last week

67 thoughts on ““yes, i’m here for the Billy concert, starring detective’s little sister…””

1. i finished star wars last night
    “jedi academy”;creative:PREDICTION DAY XII (or XIII. honestly i’ve lost count)
    i predict that roan breaks the star ships
    i predict that gaina and roan break up
    i predict that roan turns to the dark side
    i predict that roan asks to have his eat moved by gaina

2. detective thanks to the flyer handed out at the band concert, i now know how to spell your name.

3. “I do care, Clarke. But I made this choice with my head and not my heart.”

(Lexa)
    Lexa did a trade with the mountain-men and traded her people for the life of the survivors
    “Deliverance comes at a cost. I bear it so they don’t have to.”

(Dante Wallace)
    The mountain-men’s people are killing the survivors for their blood and Dante is saying is he responsible so his people in the mountain can live

Clarke: I tried. I tried to be the good guys.
    Abby: Maybe there are no good guys.

(Abby and Clarke Griffin)

After being reunited with her mother Clarke tells her what she had to do to free them and the mother gives her forgiveness
    “If you need forgiveness, I’ll give that to you. You’re forgiven.”

(Bellamy)
    Clarke was going to leave after she killed all of the mountain-men and Bellamy tried as hard as he could but he couldn’t get her to stay

4. Katetopia rains forever
    Rain or shine no matter the weather
    Kate loves it you love it
    No bunnies ever ever ever
    The chocolate water will trickle
    Oh look it’s a bear eating a pickle
    No bunnies ever ever ever
    Katetopia rains forever

5. Line- Die bunnies die!!!!

Commentary- Kate hates bunnies. She really hates them
    She wishes they would die. And she would stab every single neck of bunnies . They are disgusting nuisances and don’t deserve to live
    Kate can take care of that in a jiffy
    DIE DIE DIE

6. Im almkst finished with the book the heart of the sea and over the last couple hundred pages a lot has happened. For instance, the ships has sunk and theyve resorted to sailing in the wailboats with makeshift sails. Over the course of about 20 days they fell like death is upon them until someone shouts, “land ho!” When they manage to get out onto the land, they search for water and food. The water is not found but some tropic birds are. After their feast, the men retreat into sleep and upon wakening, they restart their search. Not long after, they find a tiny spring of water coming out of the ground that was not able to be seen when the tide was up. They fill their buckets with the lifesaving source and after a while decide to head back to sea.

7. So, I have to perform the song “Oceans” for the THIRD time after school for Fine Arts. The longer version that will be judged, rather than the short versions I played for the youth (to where I wouldn’t loose their attention span). I just hope I can bring the CD to listen to as a reference as i perform.

On to the Blog. This, unfortunately, is the last blog for the eight grade. So I’ll end this year with the biggest arument topic I (and most, if not all, band nerds) have faced. IS MARCHING BAND A SPORT…

All sports involve a unifrom, a point system w/ judges, and challenges the participants both physically and mentally. We have special gear in marching band (uniforms, hats, INSTRUMENT, instrument assessories, etc.), compotitions for our show, and we have to MEMORIZE an entire show (music and sets) allong with having to perform no matter what the weather (other than the weather than would mess up our instruments, but we’d gladdly march at attention). Another aspect is he have an arena to perform in. True we have to share fields with the football team, but the band is just as iconic as football itself.

Plus, another part of sports is the fans. Yes the football stadiums are (kind of) packed for the football team, but you should have seen the crowd at the Pheonix City and the… other compotition (I forgot the name of it. Even though it’s the most important marching band compotition). The stadium was packed full of parents that came out to see us perform.

The last aspect of a sport, that can either make or break the team, is talent. I’ll just leave it at that.

8. Kinda sad doing my last journals of my middle school career…mostly because Mr. Mayfield’s class is the only one I’ll really miss. So in honor of my last journals ever, I’ll do some creative poems about the blog, then get into my reading this week.

Blog

New nicknames always arising
    A never ending flow of creativity
    A look into the the thoughts of our peers
    Or a look at their weak attempt to skim by
    Every week, for the 180 seemingly torturous days every year
    A free place where fun is encouraged
    And hard work too.

Blog

Where we’ve licked various peoms,
    Where we’ve competed to be first,
    Where we’ve forged empires and declared war
    Where we have made so many memories.

So this week I’ve been reading some more of my book I started not too long ago called Donnie Allison: As I Recall…. I actually got this book at Talladega Superspeedway last spring at his table, and got it autographed by Donnie himself.

This book is the story of his racing career. The success, the failure, and even the behind the scenes work that nobody seemed to notice. I’ve read this book before, but I have enjoyed reading it again because of the fact that I love all the people in the book. All of the people involved with Donnie’s life are very down-to-earth, and I really do enjoy reading about them, as well as Donnie, who was very much like them himself.

Well that concludes my last ever blog. Kinda weird to say that, but who knows, maybe us upcoming 9th graders will still rule the blog next year. 🙂

9. Satch and Me

In this book Stosh and his little league baseball coach, or his best friend go back in time to see who threw the fastest pitch in baseball. Stosh had the power to put a baseball card in between his fingers and it would take him to the year of the card and to met the baseball player on the card. They go back because they want to know who really threw the fastest in baseball. Because there was nothing to test those things in the early 1900’s no one really knew. So they think it was Satchel Paige because, some of the best hitters ever said he threw the fastest. Ted Williams, one of the greatest hitters ever even said that. So they take a baseball radar gun back in time with them to clock Satch’s pitch. In the end the gun gets broken and Stosh returns home without knowing who threw the fastest pitch in baseball history.

10. Creative Poem

Last week of school

The end is near
    People are itching for summer
    You can already feel the cool pool water
    You can see it right around the corner
    Your teachers say “your not done yet”
    But your brain has gone into shutdown mode
    Just to have to turn back on for Finals
    Then the long 2 month break
    The end is near
    and summer is almost here.

11. Last blog of the year 🙂
    and Mr. Mayfield I know your exited to see all the kids who didn’t turn in their reading logs after you’ve told us so many times. 🙂 🙂

Quarterback Sneak

Line- Suddenly, Anton had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Comment- Anton knew Malik was about to change the play and make it his version of it. He knew he wanted to show off for his uncle who was there and had played pro ball.

Line- “You want to be a pro like me, right?” he asked.

Comment- Jerome told Malik that he had to be a running quarterback to impress the high school coach who was in attendance at the game. So then Malik could play in high school get to play in college then go to the pros.
    What Jerome wanted Malik to do was hog the ball and look good for himself. It didn’t matter if they won or loss and when Anton heard that he was worried they would lose the final game and that meant they had won only 5 games. 1 short of being able to participate in the playoffs

12. Please excuse me while I wipe my tears *wipes tears* because this is my last set of journals for my middle school career. The dinosaur legacy shall never be broken.

So, as you know, I’ve been reading Little Women.

Line: “I like good strong words that mean something” (Alcott)
    Commentary: This is truer today than it was then, but we have a lot of useless words that don’t really mean anything. A lot of this is due to the massive amount of drug dealing and drug consumption that causes loopy behavior 🙂

Line: “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship” (Alcott)
    Commentary: The meaning of this line is that there is no need to be afraid when you have the tools to get through the hard times. Many people today do not use the tools they have around them, and end up getting hurt more than necessary.

Line: “I’ve got the key to my castle in the air, but whether I can unlock the door remains to be seen” (Alcott)
    Commentary: This line is a metaphor, meaning that the character has everything that she needs, but she doesn’t know if she can handle it all.

Creative

He walks through the door
    the Birthday Boy, in converse,
    prepares for the wonderful joys
    of being the center of attention.
    He is now eleven, and he knows
    that soon he will be starting middle school.
    His last innocent birthday.

Have a fantabulous rest of the year my fellow gifted students.

Fred

13. Monday- God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.

Rudyard Kipling

Mothers watch over us they teach us, etc. God gave us mothers to watch over us when he can’t to be there to give us a hug to do what ever a child needs to feel loved. Mothers are are gaurdian angles sent from God. We depend on mothers for some much school, sports, after school activities, etc.
    We bombard them with random questions . They can be your counselor, therapists, protecter, and most importantly your friend.

Tuesday- If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.

Milton Berle

If you don’t see an opportunity arising make one appear. Make a situation to were an opportunity will have to appear. You have to make your situation to your benefit. No one in life will help you, you have to help your self to make yourself.

14. Creative:

This “last set of journals ever” thing is bad, okay. just stop and think. We are the class of 2019. We have came in 2nd in scholars bowl thrice, placed in the top 3 in BOB 6 times (if you include elementary and the fact that it was Elvin Hill vs. Wilsonville). We are the most supreme class (I would assume, but probably not) in academics. It’s only too bad we never came in first… (sigh… Chelsea in BOB, and Oak Mountain in BOB 7th grade and all other academic competitions.)

15. Wednesday- Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    George S. Patton

When its says how high you bounce back when you hit the bottom it means. Success is when you hit rock bottom how fast or how successful you are after coming back from that. When you “bounce” back when you hit rock bottom its really astonishing to see how someone can lose everything and in the end have more than when it all started. That is success no build on what you have but staring fresh and building back up from the bottom.

Thursday- In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Bill Cosby

16. a creative:

“The Storyteller”
    Le Blue

Black
    Is the canvas of the storyteller

But she paints it
    With eager care

Her arms are the rolling hills
    Her voice, the color of a sunny day – echoing with laughter
    Her fingers, the animals and the people and the trees

Her soul is a book

Waiting to be read

A photograph, a memior

A play

A bird, wings open

And she says,
    Books are like wings.
    In order to go somewhere,

You have to open them first.

~*~

just came to mind. thought it would be an interesting creative.

🙂

17. really would be a good thought to put to paper

just don’t start writing “standing, at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window…” with a choir and you won’t violate copyright infringement… 🙂