loki lovers unite!!! or assemble!!! or whatever that one person does…

so lots of books to cover this week…

“racing the rain” – a reread from a month ago – still awesome – merged well with schs track going to regionals this weekend – and i had kids that qualified for state – down at the beach – so it’s always good to have kids qualify for the beach – i bookmarked several passages this time around that i really liked – one about athletics, that the thing about athletes is the trying – that you try

“first class” – grete waitz won the NYC marathon in 1978 having previously only run 12 miles – she beat her husband up at the finish line b/c he conned her into running it – she went on to win the NYC marathon a total of 7/8 times – just unprecedented – tragically, she died of cancer a few years ago – this book came out in the mid 1980s when things were good for her – i got the book from auburn – i love old books that no one is reading – like that book has probably sat on a shelf for 20 years waiting for someone – i think that’s kind of cool

“never say no” – parents to switchfoot – or jon and tim foreman – great book with parenting advice – teaching isn’t parenting, but lots of parallels

“write back soon” ย – writing strategies – for handwritten notes – irony that i’m blogging this

hope everyone has a great week – seventh grade can skip blogs and journals thursday night if they turn in their work thursday

mafeld

62 thoughts on “loki lovers unite!!! or assemble!!! or whatever that one person does…”

1. okay so here’s my journals for the week, some poems in honor of the last day in national poetry month, and a summary of what i’ve read this week.

Life

Ups and downs
    twists and turns.
    Bumps.
    Potholes.
    Good, bad
    Happy, sad.
    Joyful, mad.
    Life is what you make of it,
    so make somthing of it.

Emotion

Unable to be hidden.
    Unable to be turned off.
    Unable to be silenced.
    Unable to go unexpressed.
    Waiting,
    Waiting on the right moment to escape.

So in Into the Heart of The Sea, the men have been rescued. They were found clinging to the bones of their dead shipmates, and in very poor health conditions, as imaginable. They then sent people to go and rescue their other buddies back on Henderson Island, where they were found, still alive.

2. May
    (The crazy guy jumped and said,) “They are replacing ALL OF US!!! They replaced your mum didn’t they!?!!?” The crazy Victor said. Cal was so worried about his mum that he didn’t even answer him. So he just kept n yelling at the people that were just standing there and kept on saying, “That is MY mum!! She is hurt! I have to see her!” But the other patients didn’t even move! But by that time crazy Victor had broken loose and grabbed a sharp piece of glass he had broken just then. Then took off down the hallway. So Cal KNEW that since Victor was on the loose then it would be the perfect time to escape and give him plenty of time before they noticed he was gone. So he ran to the entrance, but of course there is a crazy patient on the loose so the doors are ALL shut AND they are on lock-down!
    That’s all for the week ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Last week, I made an argument on weather there could be a christian rap, in gangsta style. But a thought occured to me earlier-(shocker, I had an idea. Scared me too). What music is and is not appropriate for marching band (which IS a sport).

Pop, Marches (duh), Jazz (on occasions), and espescially Rock are good songs for band. They are faster, lighter, energetic, and have an easy rythm that you can catch onto. These are not too complex of genres. Almost everyone knows the songs that you’d bee playing and can (and most likely will) singt along with the song (all people but me because I don’t get out to much). The genres are easy to get, and are simply just so easy that it takes the band little time to learn the whole song, especially if it’s a song we all know, like a MCR song (Welcome to the Black Parade).

Screamo, Gospel, and RandB are horrible choices for a marching band song. Though they do stay towards 4:4, 3:4, or even 2:4, they are simply just too unknown by the masses to play for everyone. Screamo has no real complexity to the notes, as the songs usually drone a few notes on the electric and bass and the drummer pounds on the set. Gospel isn’t really that peppy to a group of semi-exausted players, and some people aren’t really that into the genre, making it unpopular and one of the more unknown genres of music. R and B (rythm and blues) is a genre that people are incredibly unfamiliar with and, although it has some of the better rythms for percution, it simple isn’t that well popular. I hadn’t heard of it up until last week, even still it’s not that great.

This last genre should never EVER be repeated by a marching band. I face palmed last year when I herd Tallassee playing Skrillex. That last genre that should never be played is dubstep. Let’s just take a second. Dubstep. A genre of cool beats paired with techno, retro, or alien sounds. It has no notes that a either a wood wind or a brass instument could play. Every last part of it is rythm. It would be okay if a drum core could try it, but why on earth would a band play it to a crowd of parents that have probably never even herd the name Skrillex. I digress.

4. Detective turned against me by shipping me and waspman. Blechk, blah, and other random barfing noises.

5. When the blog has simply collapsed into mass romantic chaos….. What has the world come to? Where is the order? The peace? The short usernames?
    It worries me to see what will happen when the last sane grade leaves.

I hope the seventh grade has fun on their trip (and donโ€™t die) donโ€™t make the staff skipping our year be in vain.

So Iโ€™m reading Of Mice and Men for bonus. For an older book, itโ€™s not as slow as books normally are from that time period (us twenty-first century kids like action packed love triangles) and it flows easily. The words are simple, but descriptive, and the dialogue is easy to follow.

For the last day of 2015โ€™s National Poetry Month, I shall give you all a wonderful poem to cherish.

The 30th

The fiery sphere is no longer shy
    and itโ€™s beginning to threaten the rain,

the clouds are terrified
    so they put us through the pain

making it too wet to go outside
    an unfortunate deed been done,

so we raise our umbrellas high
    even though we feel like bums.

Today is April, the month of many showers.
    Tomorrow is May, the month of blossoming flowers.

6. Line

Only 1 mile left and 4 miles until we get there. It’s going to be a pretty long walk

Commentary

He chose this one because she was in the car trying to get out of the state and they didn’t make it she tried to get to the gas station because she only had one minute left in the car and her car broke down.

Line

It’s ok sweetie

Commentary

I chose this line because Emily was going to go and walk to the gas station to get some gas daughter started crying because she didn’t want her to go online but Emily knew that if she didn’t go Eric and you get caught in stop and go back home which was not an option.

Creative

One-story night I went to an excess because we are having a lock-in. I went with my friends and it was a great night we were playing in tumbling showing off all her skills we had. It was great until all of a sudden all the lights went out so after that we heard footsteps we didn’t know what the footsteps work but that was our problem after the lights came back on something felt missing and it once it was our coach

7. Im reading the heart of the sea and have so far progressed farther than some people that chose the book. My original book was the Johnstown flood, but since I’m through with that, I decided to move onto another great book. In the heart of he sea, people from a little island called Nantucket are known for their great expertise in the whaling industry, and since crude oil has not been discovered, whale oil is essential in many lives of the people for things such as lanterns. The industry makes good money but you have to remain out at sea typically for 2-3 years depending on how long it takes you to fill your boat with whale oil. Towards the middle an angered sperm whale attacks the boat and leaves them to their fate,nahan that will be, I have not yet found out.

8. I’m bored. In choir, there was this awesome middle school choir that sang a lot of songs, like Roar and that sound that says I want to see ya be brave. They were good

9. mmmm… middle school choir – middle school band – sounds like everyone’s competing for affections of lokilover

just wait until the scholar’s bowl group makes its visit – i’ve heard billy works the crowd really well