where do we go from here (standardized testing)???

it was a good week to test – i had time to knock out books i’d rather not be solely devoted to…

“mark of the corripian” – we heard this lady a week ago at write in the middle – as i have told binder girl, WAY better than anna kathyrn davis – not that it’s a competition:) but we should’ve had this book before – and we’ll have it in my room soon – promise – anyway, future – dystopia – star-crossed lovers – but it moves along – honestly? it should be middle school BOB next year – should’ve been on the list already

“sub 4:00” – on to the good stuff:) a book about running – it took 30-plus years between the first high school kid to go under the 4:00 minute mile – and this kid – alan webb – the book was published in 2003 – which made it sad for me b/c i know what’s happened to webb – and a lot of the people in the book – they’re no longer what they were then – and that was sad

“believe it!” – story of the 2005 chicago white sox world series – as big a white sox fan as i was growing up, it was strange that i didn’t follow that season – the only one they’ve been good in for 100 years – so i bought the series on dvd – and this book helped me piece together stats – which was fun for me

happy blog-ing

mafeld

66 thoughts on “where do we go from here (standardized testing)???”

1. May
    Cal knew he HAD to find a way out of there. So he knew that he would get more privileges if he would corporate, so he knew that meant having to act like he believed that he was “Ben Galloway”. So he had to suck it up and at least try. So about 2 hours later, after thinking about ways to leave, the woman came back and took him by the arm and lead him to a different room. One that didn’t look so peaceful. When he walked in he figured it was some way for the patients to interact with each other until they could go see Dr. Snudgeglasser. So like a waiting room. They put him in a chair and said, “Now this is victor, you both be nice!” But the looks of this man, Cal wasn’t so sure about this ‘VICTOR’ being friendly…
    That’s it for this week 🙂

2. So, we have that concert for the elementary school coming up, which makes me think of writing about music again. But on the contrary, I could do something that actually made sence and connected to the class. I’d choose to go with music.

Christian Rap. Is there a such thing? This can be argued two ways, and their both wrong (just one has a good foundation). According to past sermons taught by youth pastors, the secular rap that exists on our playlists and phones cannot and will not be able to conform to christianity. Kind of like homosexuals trying to be christians, it just can’t happen. But contradicting the conotative style of rap, the basis of rap is plainly just a message spoken through rhyme and beat and meter to a sometimes spectacular rythm.

Both of there arguments are wrong. Even the slightest bit or right with a lot of bit of wrong (or vise versa) is and always will be wrong. Christian rap does exist. But it is not filled with references to drugs, alchohol, or anything of secularity (or “of the flesh” as my youth pastor says), instead it is a “spoken word” (Google that if you want) that is accompanied by music. The conotative rap will not ever be able to conform to Christianity. There for my youth group and I do not refer to them as a secular form of higher teachings. They are and will always be a spoken message.

3. Line- Never!!!

Commentary- binder girl told Kate to stop killing shadow bunnies and traumatizing kids and she was all Never and they were like you will stop in the name of detective and every shadow bunnie was dead except for the dust ones in the projector screen.

4. It is a good afternoon. and an unusual one. the suns of liberty have finally come to an agreement on a course of action.

ever since George Washington was captured the sons of liberty couldn’t agree on any thing. so its unusual for them to come to an agreement. like me and my brother i think ime smart but he thinks hes stupid. wait bad example. never mind 🙂

Arnold dark eyebrows lowered in a scowl. “don’t turn English on me i thought your sympathies were with us.”

Well your wrong… no wait your Creighton said something English and Arnold got all racist and emotional. an over reaction like when Micah saw Madeline hanging out with Zachary.

Creighton felt a pain in his head from his almost healed wound. “colonel Gower.” he said.

the colonel gave Creighton a big whack on his head because hes as mean as Kate on drugs. who hits their nephew with the butt of a gun? oh wait Micah.

“you know i ant really good at deceiving folk. Ive tried and they always seem to see through me.

that means your a ghost think about it. your not good at deceving people because they don’t trust ghosts. they see through you. its all adding up.

5. Will someone please tell me why the Diner had to close…? I understand the bankruptcy, but…I really want the diner to come back…it was my home…

6. a week filled with basketball practice and drama practice means a flabbergasted Will who has no time to do his journals. So tonight, I’m going to write a poem or two and summarize what I’ve read in Into the Heart of the Sea this week.

Running

We trudge to the end
    To hopefully finish first
    Even when we won’t.

Basketball

The bounce of the ball
    The squeaking of the high tops
    All to make the shot.

So this week in my book, the characters made it to Henderson Island, where they stayed temporarily, and have just left for the Chilean islands. They just have eaten their first human, which is pretty disturbing to say the least. The image of butchering a human like an animal is pretty gruesome. The boats have split and only two of the three boats are still together. The other boat is by itself.

7. I’m actually quite surprised that they gave us these tests this early. But then again, how much more time did the teachers actually need? Eh, the whole system is wacky.

I’ve been reading Little Women in class, and the girls have decided that they want to take a week off from doing chores and just relax. As you suspected, this chapter is again another lesson for them to learn. The mother allows them to do so, and she tells them that if they enjoy it, they may keep the practice, and if not, then to resort to the ordinary routine. The girls are very excited about this, for they know that they will no doubt enjoy a week without ANY chores whatsoever. So the week trudges along, and they secretly begin to wish for work, for they get absolutely bored, and the days go by too slow. They don’t give in to their mother, however. They don’t want to give up so easily. On the last night of their week off, Beth’s pet bird dies of starvation. While giving up her chores, Beth forgot that one of her chores was feeding her bird- quite a sick way to go if you ask me, I felt much worse for the bird than the other girls.

The lesson is that all work and no play is just as bad as all play and no work, and the two need to be balanced.

Creative

I am stuck in a hurricane
    In the middle of the storm
    I can’t help but feel a little
    lost
    It hits me like
    rockets
    crashing into the
    water, and I realize
    that palm trees don’t always
    sway peacefully in the
    breeze.

8. You get a biscuit tshirt over other kids your age. But then you find out the shirt is a xl 🙁

9. Mah poem, by me: Love: Cold as ice to others, as cold as the midnight sun. But as unseen battles rage within, his heart, for one still burns. For her, his heart is a flame, but unwavering in the wind. She loves him deeply, and him her, and together they are one. An unstoppable pain, his love is to him, but addictive, like a toxin. Apart they are nothing, but together they are EVEYTHING.